EDM, Trance and Hard Dance

Getting over hardcore

Tools
Boydos +

Times thanked
< 16
Getting over hardcore
Hey, I used to be really into hardcore but I stopped going to parties and the interest has slowly slipped away.

I listened to hardcore released between 2000 and 2007.
Record labels like enzyme, traxtorm, industrial strength, genosha, dna tracks, third movement, id & t, hardcore blasters, pengo, babyboom, neophyte records, rotterdam records etc.

Since 07 I havent really listened to any of the new stuff, apart from outside agency.

My interest has slipped and im completely out of the loop now.

What are some good new releases that are worth hearing? When hardcore started becoming too commercial i lost interest. So yeah any suggestions?

Ive got 2 crates of records im thinking of selling, sad times
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,501
The Outside Agency My favourites.

There's a lot of good hardcore and dnb fusion stuff around called 'crossbreed' that really tickles my fancy. The Outside Agency, Switch Technique, Deathmachine, Ak-Industry and Lowroller are the leading names making it.
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Boydos +

Times thanked
< 16
cool thanks man i'll check them out. yeah the outside agency are the only hardcore producers ive periodically kept up with, just love their style.

yeah a few months ago i came across a TOA record that was a fusion of dubstep, speedcore, breakcore and hardcore, was pretty awesome.

ps nice dp, that was hilarious when alonso hitch hiked lol
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,913
Very much with you man. I got out of the scene around 05' and it sucks to hear new records that are produced to sound like pop and not have any punch.
happyhard +

Times thanked
< 0
i tried listening to speedcore but it's just so fast
"STRIKE WITH THE FORCES OF KING SOLOMON!"
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
< 19
I have a growing disconnect with Hardcore, mainly because most of the new stuff is very boring, it sounds like they are running out of ideas. I'm going to be one of those pensioners that waves his cane and tells young kids that like Tieum, "they just don't make it like they used to!"
"All things change in a dynamic environment"

"What has been the biggest high of my career? I was going to say the first time I got presented with two turntables, but change that to the five times I went to Australia. It's brilliant there, great atmosphere at all their parties and a beautiful country besides." - DJ Buzz Fuzz

"Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Multitude."
hayden77 +

Times thanked
< 1
Check out Meccano Twins, D-Passion and Negative A.
Ryan Alex +

Times thanked
< 0
Try Gabba Front Berlin
SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
< 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayden77 View Post

Check out Meccano Twins, D-Passion and Negative A.

Mecaano Twins aka Art Of Fighters: having followed them since The Beat Can't Change, their downward spiral of coping dull Dutch artists highlights my point, words can't describe how boring Toxic Hotel is.

Negative A: Angelo is down there with Frenchcore, Evil Activities, Warren Morris, Korsakoff and 90% of the artists who used to be good in 2005. Angelo actually has the distinction of being constantly dogshit since his first DNA release, the fact he's popular is depressing on a whole new level. No seriously, the one decent tune he made ripped off Moby.....

D-Passion: Legend. He's one of the few guys left making good tunes. And he's a top bloke.

I just feel after 17 years, its time to move on, though there's younger people out there championing the newer stuff and have the right to love the new artists....
"All things change in a dynamic environment"

"What has been the biggest high of my career? I was going to say the first time I got presented with two turntables, but change that to the five times I went to Australia. It's brilliant there, great atmosphere at all their parties and a beautiful country besides." - DJ Buzz Fuzz

"Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Multitude."
mclovesedm +

Times thanked
< 0
Try the Dark Descent label (idk if there's a different spelling to "descent"). You've probably heard of em anyway.
DJ TK +

Times thanked
< 0
The Core will never die. Mix any music in a Rave and it will become hardcore just do it with honesty, belief and love ohh an a loud deep bass

« Previous Thread Next Thread »