Page 2 of 2
  Tools
punchanella +

Weekend World

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez

I'm trying very hard to remember those days but for some reason my memory is playing up. I do however have a few scattered highlights.

Best Rave:
Happy Valley 1 ('91), without question. The music, the vibe, the venue! Sydney's first outdoor rave (up at Wiseman's Ferry, the same venue as FOD4 and that other one that was rained out?) and fuck did it change my perception of what a party could be. I don't want to sound like one of those ****s that blabs on about how good it was in the old days, but in this case it seriously was. People were still discovering the magic formula 'Es + Electronic Music = Serious Fun' and everyone in the scene was welcoming, not cynical. There was no distinction between Trance, Electro, Breaks and so on, it was all just TECHNO. And we loved it. We couldn't get enough of it!

Every party was an adventure, a mission just to find out where it was being held and who was playing. Some memorable missions included the trek down for Happy Valleys 2 & 3 (fuck they were a long way away!), that outdoor rave down in the carpark at Botany that got closed down, all the raves in Alexandria in all those warehouses such as Mixed Beans 2, all the raves in the warehouses in Pyrmont such the one in that wine factory with all the conveyor belts that people were climbing, the secret little raves in the Welsh Embassy's underground carpark in Manly back in '90 (the Krew not the real emabssy!), the recoveries at Graffitti Hall of Fame, Double Dipped at what is now Globe, and who could forget Aztec at Homebush with Sasha. A party that holds special meaning to me was Welcome '92 at Mascot with Orbital playing and that crazy foil tunnel. Why? Becsuse I met my ex there, on top of a podium at midnight and we had a pash. Even though she's a long a go ex, the party from what I remember was wicked.

So there you go mate, a few tales for you. And what story would be complete without pics so here's one you should recognise straight away if you were there. Hopefully you were 'cause that morning set was a CRANKER! Enjoy.

(It's Happey Vally 2 in '92, taken from the top of the ferris wheel in the morning)

Nice synopsis and photo. Have heared stories about Sasha's 'appearance' at Aztec. Something about him sitting on the ground up the front swaying to the music?
Dirty Sanchez +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally posted by punchanella

Nice synopsis and photo. Have heared stories about Sasha's 'appearance' at Aztec. Something about him sitting on the ground up the front swaying to the music?

Yes, even Sasha gurns.

I myself was a pathetic mess inside one of the pyramids at one stage staring at the visuals from the inside!
Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time...
dj amr +

AKA Brother Al

Times thanked
< 0
I absolutely loved Prophecy 1 at the hall near lidcombe station. Man that was the first time i ever saw a full colour laser draw things in full colour and spin me out totally. All the Happy Valleys were good, and i remember the hardcore heavens were so trashy and dark, i loved it! the first in the graffiti hall of fame, the second at that venue on norton st that has now been totally removed, and the third i cant remember where it was! i loved the star wars theme it had.

Vision Valley @ El Caballo Blanco was good - besides the smell of horses of course

I also loved all the free loves - i dragged so many of my "non rave" friends to those

I hated the stupid party in the skate park as well. The little parties are good sometimes tho

Havent reall y been to a rave for a couple of years. Might see whats going on now i've gone down memory lane...
"She Loves You", was titled "She Loves You, Man." "Help", was originally titled "Help Me, Man!" "She's Got A Ticket To Ride", was originally "She's Got A Ticket To Ride And The Bitch Don't Care, Man"!
Ms_RaVer +

Times thanked
< 0
BEST: Glenworth Valley
WORST: Happysnax
ViRaL +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 1
Some party's that stick out in my mind would have to be:

* United 2Gether As One @ Maquarie Atrium (99 i think?)
* Mystic 3 (That cattle shed in the middle of no where)
* Scattered 6
* The First Utopia @ Superdome
* Chemistry Parties
* Acid Bunny Parties

Bad Memories:
* Mystic 2 (Over dosed and was stuffed in the bushes by guards, where no one would see me.. Horror night.) .
* Toy Town @ Taren Point ... (Just a garbage night) ..
* A Hyperspeed (Cant remember which one, was fuggin hot and sweaty, crap sound and my girl friend left me for a mate that night).
Audio Technology, Production & Engineering Community Forum
hoola21 +

Times thanked
< 0
I wouldn't really class transmission a rave BUT EVERY SINGLE ONE I HAVE BEEN TO ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Utopia last april was a killer as well, in fact every utopia I've been to has been wicked.

I only started going out in like 2002 so I haven't had any bad experiences. They all are very good memories
Cancerous +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally posted by Dj Logik

How do i contact this bloke ??

/takes DAT recorder out of 'storage'

Hey Logik......I'm all ears and keen as. Been searching some rave sites in the UK and have found a heap of mp3's converted from tape's etc from back then. Bloody good memories.

8-) 8-)
Something for your mind.
punchanella +

Weekend World

Times thanked
< 0
Bottom left corner of that Happy Valley 2 photo - those 2 dudes floored on the grass would have been lovin life, given it was 1992 and all.

Anyone else got some old photos they can stick up ? Would be cool to see...
The crew were mostly just kids, rock and rollers with one foot in their graves
coxl +

Times thanked
< 0
worst would have to be atomic playground from about 4 years ago at regant street.fuck that place go hot sometimes.

best you have to be the mystic 6 at liverpool. dont know why, just had a great time.
Debz +

Times thanked
< 0
hmm.. best = sheridans (small cosy rave in shop with skate ramp) @ cronulla... my first ever rave also triple trouble 2 @ centrepoint tower - loved those escalators & gurning at the lifts going upstairs in centrepoint hehehe

worst = probably freelove @ minto basketball stadium (im pretty sure it was the final one i went to)... just didnt have the greatest setup but gotta expect that for a freebie i spose.

oh yeah and not bad but disappointing = 2036 @ canterbury (some warehouse), only because it got shut down. but walking for 3 hours home on acid was great fun & made for a memorable night
Dude, what do we do? I don't want to get thrown out of the hotel. I love the hotel. I want to marry the hotel and have little alcoholic, gambling-addicted kids with it. Is that wrong?
Dj Logik +

Kirk Beats

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally posted by Cancerous

Hey Logik......I'm all ears and keen as. Been searching some rave sites in the UK and have found a heap of mp3's converted from tape's etc from back then. Bloody good memories.

8-) 8-)

hehe.
http://www.everythingstartswithe.co.uk/

Signature Removed by Moderator
simonsays +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Also, while we're talking sydney raves, I'd love to hear some war stories from any of the old guard that were out and about 1990-1993 during the 0055 days... any takers? It's a long time ago now isn't it though I guess.

Remeber those days real well, would love to share stories any time, Flim flam, welsh embassy, love, the list goes on and on
simonsays +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Bottom left corner of that Happy Valley 2 photo - those 2 dudes floored on the grass would have been lovin life, given it was 1992 and all.

sorry forgot physcosis 1,2,3, magic roundabout, ecology with groove rider, mixed beans 1 & 2, things that go bump in the night, bangers and mash fuck too many flash backs, those were real good times
cherry vanilla +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez

I'm trying very hard to remember those days but for some reason my memory is playing up. I do however have a few scattered highlights.

Best Rave:
Happy Valley 1 ('91), without question. The music, the vibe, the venue! Sydney's first outdoor rave (up at Wiseman's Ferry, the same venue as FOD4 and that other one that was rained out?) and fuck did it change my perception of what a party could be. I don't want to sound like one of those ****s that blabs on about how good it was in the old days, but in this case it seriously was. People were still discovering the magic formula 'Es + Electronic Music = Serious Fun' and everyone in the scene was welcoming, not cynical. There was no distinction between Trance, Electro, Breaks and so on, it was all just TECHNO. And we loved it. We couldn't get enough of it!

Every party was an adventure, a mission just to find out where it was being held and who was playing. Some memorable missions included the trek down for Happy Valleys 2 & 3 (fuck they were a long way away!), that outdoor rave down in the carpark at Botany that got closed down, all the raves in Alexandria in all those warehouses such as Mixed Beans 2, all the raves in the warehouses in Pyrmont such the one in that wine factory with all the conveyor belts that people were climbing, the secret little raves in the Welsh Embassy's underground carpark in Manly back in '90 (the Krew not the real emabssy!), the recoveries at Graffitti Hall of Fame, Double Dipped at what is now Globe, and who could forget Aztec at Homebush with Sasha. A party that holds special meaning to me was Welcome '92 at Mascot with Orbital playing and that crazy foil tunnel. Why? Becsuse I met my ex there, on top of a podium at midnight and we had a pash. Even though she's a long a go ex, the party from what I remember was wicked.

So there you go mate, a few tales for you. And what story would be complete without pics so here's one you should recognise straight away if you were there. Hopefully you were 'cause that morning set was a CRANKER! Enjoy.

(It's Happey Vally 2 in '92, taken from the top of the ferris wheel in the morning)

pretty much nailed it... but don't forget -

the first Tribal

Aztec still has to be one of the best
polarbear +

suns coming up, like a big bald head. Poking up over the grocery store.

Times thanked
< 0
raves et al
well, being a brisbane boy, it's difficult to top infinity. double infinity or michael watt's NASA partys. the site was an awesome large scale rave venue..

but being a sydney forum, i'm going to have to say welcome 92 (orbital) or the last RAT party (prodigy et al), and aztec stand out.

and as for

> Turbosound/Funktion One or Meyer sound done
> by XS

thank you, but i've never used turbo or funktion one or meyer.

> Lighting done by XS. - Lots of lights. Lots of
> effects. Lots of fun

thanks. they still let us out to play occasionely. see anyone who wants to have fun with a good sound system at the Hordern on Saturday night.
condensing facts from the vapour of nuance.

blog: ben.suthers.mobi
Cancerous +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally posted by Dj Logik

hehe.
http://www.everythingstartswithe.co.uk/

Yep. Got my claws into it but RM files do suck. Will have to convert 'em over to mp3.

I have some fond memories of Carnival of thee mind at the Chippendale Railyard(been mentioned already), along with many of the Love and Flim Flam parties etc. Notably, the L&FF party at the Motor Museum and another at the Agin Court Hotel topped off in the morning@6am or so with foam being pumped everywhere.

Happy Valley2 down on Abel's property???? Colossus, Brainstorm and many others.

It's been great reading these stories and even better time typing my own down.

Ps.... A party held at the Rooftop called NEO in 1994 has special meaning....and if any of you were there for my 21st i hope it was good for you too!8-)

The Crab

Something for your mind.
HungryHippo +

living vicariously through the interwebz

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally posted by spanky
Without a doubt the best rave party i have been to was the last ever Transmission @ The Metro a few years ago..... best atmopshere at an event ever !!

YEAH!!!!!!! That was AWESOME

but my fave would have to be the first episode of 'hyperspace' it was about February/March 2000?

That was my FAVOURITE transmission of all time. The John Ferris//Nervous back to back blew me away, i swear i was jumping 6 feet in the air.

Metro is a FAB venue
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

Last edited by HungryHippo: 10-Apr-04 at 12:13pm

josh_909 +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Also, while we're talking sydney raves, I'd love to hear some war stories from any of the old guard that were out and about 1990-1993 during the 0055 days... any takers? It's a long time ago now isn't it though I guess.

where to start?

best? aztec... eon... hocus pocus... happy valley... and any of the welsh embassy parties...ov thee earth tribe... so many to mention...

worst?i don't know... i think i have glorified and romanticized most of them but i would have to say the worst vibe was when that vibe tribe party got shut down in sydney park - the police didn't play nice at all...

i really should goi and do some work now.
i was not touched "there" by an angel...
jackmotel +

Times thanked
< 0
Bris-vegas!!
Hey dude, i dj'd at double infinity and NASA, i'm john-e-five, i still got the original poster from both those parties.
ROck on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by polarbear View Post

well, being a brisbane boy, it's difficult to top infinity. double infinity or michael watt's NASA partys. the site was an awesome large scale rave venue..

but being a sydney forum, i'm going to have to say welcome 92 (orbital) or the last RAT party (prodigy et al), and aztec stand out.

and as for

> Turbosound/Funktion One or Meyer sound done
> by XS

thank you, but i've never used turbo or funktion one or meyer.

> Lighting done by XS. - Lots of lights. Lots of
> effects. Lots of fun

thanks. they still let us out to play occasionely. see anyone who wants to have fun with a good sound system at the Hordern on Saturday night.

emulator +

arrogant prick

Times thanked
< 130
nice bump
larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
< 374
indeed

Quote:

Originally Posted by andosound

Who needs Gossip Girl when we have the ITM forums

Quote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

lurker +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by alowflyingpig View Post

still remember shades scratching

Ah yes... good ol Shade... good times
donza +

Times thanked
< 11
worst happy valley -when it was crap...the last one 2001 maybe..
best- the ones i can't remember...
love parties were always good
iamella +

Times thanked
< 2
So cool reading stories about old school raves.
Grounder +

Times thanked
< 2
Best was (i think it was Hyperspeed) at that old club in Rozelle. It was a shitty venue but the pink HQs made the night awesome. I walk down Darling St, I still can't figure out where this place actually was.

I like ones with outside the box venues... like the one at Imax theatre darling harbour and the one at Powerhouse museum. (Edit) I think they were both Eckythumps... or Megathump

Worst, Mystic (6?) in Liverpool somewhere... walking through Liverpool in the middle of the night, big empty event centre, crap sound.. police EVERYWHERE.. pink omegas

The ones at Taren Point skate park were also pretty poor..
webmonkey +

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by donza View Post

worst happy valley -when it was crap...the last one 2001 maybe..
best- the ones i can't remember...
love parties were always good

L.O.V.E parties or Love Seat dress up parties?
donza +

Times thanked
< 11
anything with ray and phil was fun.

that happy valley party was the year after that lad OD'ed.
here
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=7495
o0IceQueen0o +

Europe countdown initialized

Times thanked
< 585

Quote:

Originally Posted by donza View Post

anything with ray and phil was fun.

that happy valley party was the year after that lad OD'ed.
here
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=7495

^ just skim read the above.... all way before my time. But this stood out

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackWhore View Post

- i agree that there are some over-priced parties out there, but even tenaglia @ atp in 1999 was $75, and that was the most i'd ever paid for a party, but probably some of the best value i've ever got - and they made a small loss

How depressing. 75 bucks!!

Lima +

Times thanked
< 42
Ecky Thump -all of them, triple trouble 1 & FOD4
Originally Posted by chimby
Does that make you multi-retarded SurfinBird?
Julian Jason +

this is not me...

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchanella View Post

ok so this is flyer that has deff abp but the bottom right i can still make out half a dozen mate's, great night

Worst party has to be a tie between Space Cadet 3 or 331/3 or whatever it was called, shit sucked and I guess Crisis Point 3 was a fizzer, but I still had fun at any rave I went to, outside the rave in the carpark was always where the action was anyway haha
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg...b7hapo1_500.gi

Last edited by Julian Jason: 18-May-11 at 05:12pm

nafey m +

Hentai

Times thanked
< 1
They just don't make them like that anymore
http://discopunx.tumblr.com/

http://soundcloud.com/disco-punx/
December Mix for Zanerobe -
http://soundcloud.com/zanerobe/henta...r-zanerobe-mix
iamella +

Times thanked
< 2
Fuck you guys, nothing these days can compare.
Grounder +

Times thanked
< 2
late 90s - early 2000s: The pills were great and glowstix were cool... PLUR and all that...

Media Player
Hyperspeed Trilogy 15 September 2001 @ Whitlam Leisure Centre Liverpool - YouTube
Nae 79 +

Times thanked
< 1
What a blast from the past...
I think I was like 14 or 15 back in the 90's when the best parties were going on.. my big bro would talk so fondly of the nights out from organised rave's to the last minute phone call rave's, I just had to go to one...
The first rave I went to was at the old APIA club in chippendale. I dont even think we made it inside before the police shut it down using capscicum spray, dogs etc... First Raving experience, not so great, but luckily I had my brother there who prepared us for the worst of the capsicum spray and sent us on our way back to the area which still happened to be a great night/day...
gonefishin +

Times thanked
< 391

Quote:

Originally Posted by nafey m View Post

They just don't make them like that anymore

its not like they were the best ever- plenty out there since em thats on par
fist-pump +

Times thanked
< 0
Best = Mayday @ Sports Centre, MDMA 1 & 2, Smurf Village 3 @ Appin, FoD3 @ Alexandria Basketball Stadium, Eckythump @ Glebe Silos.
Worst = The Vegas party that got closed down at Saloon Bar on Parramatta Road. It was a Dream Team party I think...
Lima +

Times thanked
< 42
Eckythump is back...if you're not in the know you don't know as they used to say.....
Originally Posted by chimby
Does that make you multi-retarded SurfinBird?
Thierry D +

Times thanked
< 2
Best : Peace Train : it was in Canberra it was in an amazing huge warehouse best lights show i've seen back in those days.

Vision Valley : at el caballo blanco everything about the party was amazing

Triple Trouble 3 : was at centrepoint around there was another sick event

Free Love 96 & 98 was amazing!

utopia 5 : at minto basket ball stadium awesome party and was the first time i saw dj shade loop commander

tom - are am eye

utopia at australia wonderland was also awesome!

and utopia at the first super dome after the main room arena open after walking was like wow it was huge

night breed at windsor was great too

the second last happy valley was sick

but for my

Worst : was the last Happy Valley after paying more than $100 on a ticket they cancelled most of the dj's and act and was very few people there not sure what happen with that.
Like for future parties info ( The Elements Of Tech & Bass ) https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-E...05103056400203

Like Thierry D for gigs info : https://www.facebook.com/ThierryD78?ref_type=bookmark

Last edited by Thierry D: 13-May-12 at 02:09pm

Page 2 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »