Entertainment and the Arts

HBO TV Series: A Game of Thrones

Closed thread
  Tools
nickko +

Why would I not have a nice day?

Times thanked
< 4,375
Yeh, you can really see the increased budget this season. Hopefully it's even bigger for season three!
I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

Times thanked
< 8,299

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrjize View Post

Heard murmurings from Gaming forum that all the book talk has finally been banished. Returned here to check it out after ditching this thread a few weeks back and it's great now Well done! S02E06

Spoiler:
Theon - what a ****! He's getting uglier each episode too, that mole, the shitty beard, the bad teeth, the googly eyes... 2/10 would not fuck. Glad to see the wildling escaping with Bram. Interested to see where it goes. Theon's definitely going to get what he deserves sooner rather than later.

Arya - awesome, loving how this is playing out and how her various relationships are developing. I reckon littlefinger knows who she is, or at least realises once he's left the meeting. Am assuming he left the note for her, possibly with false information, knowing she'll pass it on.

Good to see Joffrey's downfall is likely to be happening sooner than I expected. Was hoping this was Sansa's chance to get away / fake her own death but I guess she's too important for that to happen yet.

Danaerys - somebody stab the bitch. Entitlement complex or what. If this was modern day you know she'd be rocking up to the ivy pool party expecting everyone to buy her drinks

Spoiler:
Bran.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,184

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

dude, just shut the fuck up already.

No? There's no spoilers in my post. Anybody could have said this even without reading the books

Btw the head chopping thing wasn't to show his weakness, it was to show his lack of emotion and his brutality. It took that many attempts because he was using a regular sword. If it was Valarian steel it would have been a clean cut.
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,063

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

No? There's no spoilers in my post. Anybody could have said this even without reading the books

yeah sure, if they're a fucking clairvoyant. fuck you you fucking fuck, you know that post was nothing but OMG LOOK HOW FUCKING COOL I AM, I'VE READ SOME BOOKS. I USED MY EYES AND MY BRAIN AND DID SOMETHING ANYONE WITH A KINDERGARTEN LEVEL EDUCATION CAN DO AND INTERPRETED PRINTED SYMBOLS AS WORDS.

good for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,969
easy there rancho. take a breath.

Quote:

Btw the head chopping thing wasn't to show his weakness, it was to show his lack of emotion and his brutality. It took that many attempts because he was using a regular sword. If it was Valarian steel it would have been a clean cut.

thats the point, hes a pussy, he has no power, he doesn't have the sword of a king
soundcloud
mixcloud
franko123 +

Hello, this is your captain speaking.

Times thanked
< 861
ok i've learnt my lesson

next ep is gonna be massive in the context i think. the ep title could point to several things so very very excited to see how it plays out
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,375

Zer0Cool +

Times thanked
< 39
not really enjoying the series, because I think the storyline has been changed too much from the book. It's still good, but I think it could be better...
crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

Times thanked
< 8,299
Tell us more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
nrjize +

licking dates

Times thanked
< 2,014
I'd subscribe to your newsletter. You should start one.
franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861
can't wait for tomorrow evening
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,467

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zer0Cool View Post

not really enjoying the series, because I think the storyline has been changed too much from the book. It's still good, but I think it could be better...

I'm going to speak on behalf of everyone when I say.... fuck off.
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,312

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

You don't speak on my behalf ****.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,467
"Fuck you Yergg"
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,312
Hilarious
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225

Quote:

Danaerys - somebody stab the bitch. Entitlement complex or what. If this was modern day you know she'd be rocking up to the ivy pool party expecting everyone to buy her drinks

quality. y u mad tho?

Quote:

shut up franko

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zer0Cool View Post

if only everyone who's read the books could be as evocative

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,165
[so2e06 spoilers]

Quote:

Btw the [spoiler] thing wasn't to show his weakness, it was to show his lack of emotion and his brutality.

Spoiler:
It took that many attempts because he was using a regular sword. If it was Valarian steel it would have been a clean cut.

No,
Spoiler:
they would not dedicate 30 seconds of screen time to something so incidental as a blunt sword. It was a very deliberate demonstration of his weakness. The horrifying brutality of it was a by-product of his incompetence.

Nor does he lack emotion. In fact his whole arc right now is his emotional struggle with betraying the house that raised him to gain acceptance from a father that didn't.

Subtext and symbolism. Tune into them.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,184
I didn't perceive it in that way, horses for courses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,467
Gruso is correct. You interpreted it wrong.
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,063
s206

Spoiler:
derp does have a point, but it's not as simple as the sword just being blunt. i think it's a combination of both your interpretations.

Quote:

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861
fyi it's got nothing to do with the swords edge
Zer0Cool +

Times thanked
< 39

Quote:

fuck you Fledz you dick
jerry2234 +

Times thanked
< 43
Gruso FTW
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,200
Spoiler:
It's clear that the scene was as Gruso said, to show that he is just a fuck up, he fucked up by betraying the starks, he fucked up the beheading and now he fucked up keeping his hostages.

If he had a valerian sword or even a lightsabre they would have shown him to fuck it up somehow.
Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.
nrjize +

licking dates

Times thanked
< 2,014

Quote:

Gruso is correct. You interpreted it wrong.

This
"I theme-dress depending on where I'm going... if I was going to dinner at a Chinese restaurant, I would wear a kimono - it makes it more fun." Kelly Osbourne.

"yeah, i have back problems that i tried to cure with heroin. what of it?"
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,184
I can interpret it however I want to, that's what art is about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,312

Quote:

Thats correct, You are free to interpret it wrong.

Maybe a show like Top Gear is more your speed.
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,200

Quote:

Season 1 spoiler

Spoiler:
So the scene where Rob was thrashing the tree with his sword and his mum said something like "Oh Rob, you ruined your sword." is clearly about how normal steel just doesnt cut it and if he had a valarian sword he would have cut the tree down?
There is interpretation and then there is missing the point, you missed the point Derelict.

Full dark, no stars.
franko123 +

Times thanked
< 861

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Season 1 spoiler

Spoiler:
So the scene where Rob was thrashing the tree with his sword and his mum said something like "Oh Rob, you ruined your sword." is clearly about how normal steel just doesnt cut it and if he had a valarian sword he would have cut the tree down?
There is interpretation and then there is missing the point, you missed the point Derelict.

dat scene......

gets me everytime
jarrardscott +

i've had enough of "digital prophet"

Times thanked
< 4,491
s02e06
Spoiler:
i personally interpretted it as showing him for the weak failure he truly is
http://soundcloud.com/jarrardscott
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,312
New ep is good
nrjize +

licking dates

Times thanked
< 2,014
Have not watched it yet, but can also confirm that the new ep is good. Shit happens & it's filmed and acted really well.
"I theme-dress depending on where I'm going... if I was going to dinner at a Chinese restaurant, I would wear a kimono - it makes it more fun." Kelly Osbourne.

"yeah, i have back problems that i tried to cure with heroin. what of it?"
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,312

Quote:

Have not watched it yet, but can also confirm that the new ep is good. Shit happens & it's filmed and acted really well.

2nd last ep I get to see when it airs on HBO cable
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,184

Quote:

Season 1 spoiler

Spoiler:

Well I would reference to the book as to why I feel the way I do but I'm not allowed to, so there ya have it.
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,491
post in the book thread. im keen for the discussion.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,323

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

Theon was given to the Starks by his father as a hostage, he was about 10 at the time.
He then stayed for around 10 years and was raised by them as one of their own, as opposed to a captive.

As a ward (hostage of royal blood) the expectation would have been that the Starks were to treat Theon well. The purpose of having him there wasn't to punish him but to ensure his fayher's compliance.
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,375
s02e07

Spoiler:
Fucking hell. That last half hour was about as intense as it gets.

Jaime is my favourite character in the series, so it was great to see him get plenty of screentime. The final scene with Cat was just wonderful. Small fanboy complaint (no spoiler) that they changed Ser Arthur Dayne to Ser Barristan Selmy in his squire story though.

Theon, deary me...
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,200
Very nice episode

Spoiler:
Gotta say Dannys bad acting is really starting to show, she is good at acting unsure/curious, like when she was with the Kahl but now she just seems like a spoilt teenager.

Loving the scenes between Ayra and Tywin, so nice to see him in a softer light even if he still is a ****. A look into his motivations was great.
Jon and wildling is great too, she is fucking hot for a ginger

Full dark, no stars.
Griggle +

If it is prophylactic and emphatically didactic, then it's not tactic."

Times thanked
< 1,726

Quote:

Spoiler:
It's clear that the scene was as Gruso said, to show that he is just a fuck up, he fucked up by betraying the starks, he fucked up the beheading and now he fucked up keeping his hostages.

If he had a valerian sword or even a lightsabre they would have shown him to fuck it up somehow.

Last episode
Spoiler:
Maybe they are just being historically accurate? Even with axes many decapitations in history took many strokes (according to wiki: decapitation - Mary Queen of Scots took three hits and Margaret Pole was said to have taken 10 hits) which is pretty much why they invented the guillotine.
Broadband speeds will always be lower under a Coalition Government.
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,200

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griggle View Post

Last episode

Spoiler:
Maybe they are just being historically accurate? Even with axes many decapitations in history took many strokes (according to wiki: decapitation - Mary Queen of Scots took three hits and Margaret Pole was said to have taken 10 hits) which is pretty much why they invented the guillotine.

Spoiler:
Yeah but in context of the character and its setting? When the guy said "He who swings the sword etc" reminds you that Ned did it with a single chop as lord of Winterfell and now Theon as the "usurper" tries and fails at it, pretty much in line with everything he has done with switching sides? The sword was just a prop imo.

I still think it was done to show his weakness in character as most people don't really know or care how hard it actually is to cut someones head off, so my money is against accuracy. But without being able to provide a link right now, one of Richard the Lionhearts men was credited with beheading around 400 or so Muslims in a single afternoon after a battle, all one chop with a sword before growing too tired to continue with more

But having said that, being an amateur historian(using the term very weakly) myself I do get a kick out of the soliders havig correct weapons for their rolls, no one else may have noticed but all Lannister horsemen have cavalry swords/sabres instead of the standard broad or bastard swords.

Full dark, no stars.
tapout +

tapout 1, utes 0.

Times thanked
< 3,270
Holy shit, what a cracker of an episode! Don't open spoiler until you've watched the latest episode:
Spoiler:
so I'm assuming the burnt hanged body was meant to be Bran?
Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,491

Quote:

Very nice episode

Spoiler:
Gotta say Dannys bad acting is really starting to show, she is good at acting unsure/curious, like when she was with the Kahl but now she just seems like a spoilt teenager.

Loving the scenes between Ayra and Tywin, so nice to see him in a softer light even if he still is a ****. A look into his motivations was great.
Jon and wildling is great too, she is fucking hot for a ginger

Spoiler:
yeah im thinking he actually knows its her and is treating her as a highborn prisoner would normally be treated. but "pretending" not to know.

Last edited by jarrardscott: 15-May-12 at 12:19pm

legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
< 1,030
thought that was the weakest episode of the series really, onto the next one!
I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women, and breakfast food.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,467

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapout View Post

Holy shit, what a cracker of an episode! Don't open spoiler until you've watched the latest episode:

Spoiler:

S02Ep7
Spoiler:
Why would it be? I don't remember them catching them at all. It looks like it may have been random children.
Sick episode. Loved the scene with Jaime and his one time squire, as well as Aryas scene too
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,467
I don't remember FROM THE FUCKING EPISODE I JUST WATCHED. Fucks sake...

We can't have nice things because some of you seem to be denser than the wood of the door next to me.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,323

Quote:

Spoiler:
Yeah but in context of the character and its setting? When the guy said "He who swings the sword etc" reminds you that Ned did it with a single chop as lord of Winterfell and now Theon as the "usurper" tries and fails at it, pretty much in line with everything he has done with switching sides? The sword was just a prop imo.

I still think it was done to show his weakness in character as most people don't really know or care how hard it actually is to cut someones head off, so my money is against accuracy. But without being able to provide a link right now, one of Richard the Lionhearts men was credited with beheading around 400 or so Muslims in a single afternoon after a battle, all one chop with a sword before growing too tired to continue with more

But having said that, being an amateur historian(using the term very weakly) myself I do get a kick out of the soliders havig correct weapons for their rolls, no one else may have noticed but all Lannister horsemen have cavalry swords/sabres instead of the standard broad or bastard swords.

Spoiler:
Agreed. The point is basically that Theon wants to be like the Starks, who as lords of Winterfell always execute prisoners themselves, and as we've seen are proficient at it. But it takes more to being a good lord than simply claiming you're one, and the clumsy execution was a metaphor for that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,467
It's called making an educated guess. It's not that hard to imagine what's going to happen, but that makes his story all the more interesting because he seems to throw in something when least expected.

I'm not going to cop another unnecessary infringement because some of you are incapable of using the thing in your head.

"I don't remember" is a throw away comment. I went back, I checked. I saw nothing.

Last edited by BMoney: 15-May-12 at 09:08am

Reason: deleted quote at users's request.

Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,467
So you seriously think I've read the books? Yeah, because I've got nothing better to do than selectively troll you in this thread. I get so much enjoyment out of that.
sHaRp-b0y +

hope you enjoyed the ride

Times thanked
< 1,457

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapout View Post

Spoiler:

s2e7 spoiler
Spoiler:
I assumed that they were just the orphaned children from the farmhouse. But was that Theon falsely implying to the people of Winterfell that he had butchered Bran & Rickon Stark?
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,200

Quote:

yeah im thinking he actually knows its her and is treating her as a highborn prisoner would normally be treated. but "pretending" not to know.

Latest episode
Spoiler:
I was thinking he knows she is some noble daughter but unless i'm mistaken Tyrion or Cersei havent told him yet that she got away so he may not know exactly how important she is/could be?

Full dark, no stars.
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »