Adelaide

TechPhonics presents: DERRICK MAY - Fri 20 April @ Electric Circus

All About:

All About

+Follow

Add Follows

Stay informed about your favourite artists and events. We'll email you whenever there is new events, news or content posted about your favourite things. Simply select those you want to be notified about View my Follows |  Follow Settings

• Derrick May
  • Devious
  • Matt Abstrax
Cancel Finish

Description:

This is a strictly limited capacity event – no more than 200 tickets to experience DERRICK MAY for three hours…

Tickets are on sale RIGHT NOW from www.venuetix.com.au and we highly recommend you get your ticket ASAP as this event will sell out.
Derrick May –...

Page 2 of 2
  Tools
JamRock +

Haus-Boat cruise with Ian Pooley - Good Friday! :)

Times thanked
< 218
Hey all - thanks for all those who came out on Friday and witnessed the legend that is Derrick May!!! We had a lot of fun and hope you did too.

Next up for us: TechPhonics presents Kaiserdisco (from Adam Beyer's Drumcode label) on Friday 8th June (Long Weekend). Full details announced soon.

Please also join our new TechPhonics like page where I've just posted all the pics from Friday night. https://www.facebook.com/TechPhonics

Cheers, Matt
>>> FUNKAGENDA >> TECHPHONICS > FRI 24 JAN > MR KIM'S

> Playing tech tunes every Tuesday, 6pm-8pm (Adelaide time) on www.soundpond.net
shr3dder +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 93

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamRock View Post

Next up for us: TechPhonics presents Kaiserdisco (from Adam Beyer's Drumcode label) on Friday 8th June (Long Weekend). Full details announced soon.

That'll be massive.
Saw Kaiserdisco in Europe and they were incredible...

Think I'll stay in Melbourne for that one though, Chris Liebing

http://soundcloud.com/mmmbutch/
JamRock +

Times thanked
< 218

Quote:

Cheers, Matt

http://www.onion.com.au/article/5592 KAISERDISCO. FRI 8 JUNE. ELECTRIC CIRCUS. BAM!!!

Also best to keep SAT 21 JULY free. TechPhonics presents an epic LIVE performer at Cuckoo. You heard it here first!

> Playing tech tunes every Tuesday, 6pm-8pm (Adelaide time) on www.soundpond.net
saji07 +

Times thanked
< 0
window cleaning melbourne
I am a new user in this forum please help me.....................
lunabass +

Times thanked
< 6

Quote:

Currently organising his preferred mixer to be shipped over from Melbourne specifically for this gig!

out of interest matt, what is his preferred mixer?
:: May Releases ::
Lunabass "Really Heavy EP" [Random Soul Recordings] out now Beatport ::
Kamuku "Elm Street EP" [Extent VIP] out now Beatport ::

lunabass [House] - www.lunabass.com
Kamuku [Drum & Bass] - Facebook | Soundcloud
Atomitek [Techno]
JamRock +

Times thanked
< 218

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunabass View Post

out of interest matt, what is his preferred mixer?

Pioneer DJM 1000 (which he helped design). We couldn't find any in SA so had to get one sent over from Melbourne. Derrick said a huge amount of work went into the mixer design to provide top sound quality (which is not necessarily one of Pioneer's strong points with mixers).

So he gets the top sound quality but with a very user friendly layout etc which is one of Pioneer's strengths.

One feature he really uses a lot is the 3 band isolator on the master. He plays with that almost continuously during his sets to chop and tweak the sounds.

Was certainly worthwhile getting his preferred mixer in - that meant he was most comfortable and therefore could provide the best possible performance!

spark1 +

I dont remember

Times thanked
< 10
Yeah he was rocking that isolator hard which is his trade mark style.
The House Cats Present:

Sunday Superbowlz @ The Adelaide Lawn Bowls Club

Barefoot at the Bay @ Holdfast Bowls and Croquet club.
RavinHard +

Times thanked
< 18
Looking forward to this, some cool acts coming down to Adelaide at the moment. Would have liked to have seen Chris Leibing but can't complain with Kaiserdisco and an apparent mystery act in July. Will there be presales for Kaiserdisco? Just curious why it's only Patrick playing in Adelaide or is that nation wide?
JamRock +

Times thanked
< 218
Its just Patrick for the whole tour - more often these days only one member of an act tours, especially places like Australia that are so far away. Last time had Audiojack, and Pleasurekraft it was only one member of the act touring. Even bigger acts like Pendulum and Above & Beyond, often have only 1 or 2 members touring.

Yes there will be presolds for Kaiserdisco - full deets in next 24 hours (just waiting on final artwork...)

Mystery act in July will be announced soon. Its a UK act, plays LIVE, makes TECHNO, will be at CUCKOO

Some big names touring later this year too - trying to finalise dates etc at the moment. Party party party oi oi oi!!!

archietech +

DO A THING

Times thanked
< 10
i have heard it's rex the dog
~*~**~**~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~* *~*~**~**~~*
the tasmanian connection

sunday 8pm --> 10pm EST! on www.nsbradio.co.uk

Bbb RrRr Ee A KK SssSSs and such

hi i'm a facebook thing for this
~*~**~**~~*~**~**~**~**~*~~*~**~**~*~**~**~~*~**~* *~*~**~**~~*
Yorke Hunt +

Times thanked
< 46

Quote:

Mystery act in July will be announced soon. Its a UK act, plays LIVE, makes TECHNO, will be at CUCKOO

Some big names touring later this year too - trying to finalise dates etc at the moment. Party party party oi oi oi!!!

sounds good

May Mix Available Now: http://soundcloud.com/yorkehunt/yorke-hunt-may-2010
soundcloud.com/yorkehunt : twitter.com/yorkehunt : facebook.com/yorkehunt : myspace.com/yorkehunt
smorchika +

Times thanked
< 483
Will i like the mystery act JamRock?
shr3dder +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 93

Quote:

Originally Posted by archietech View Post

i have heard it's rex the dog

That'd be awesome.

JamRock +

Times thanked
< 218

Quote:

Originally Posted by smorchika View Post

Will i like the mystery act JamRock?

Will the most discerning tech listener in Adelaide like this act?

Hmmm

My thoughts would be YES - this act is a bit more deep / minimal / melodic etc than most acts I do. But still with plenty of party rocking power.

This particular act is well known to above and beyond in his quest as a techno warrior, as proven by an extraordinary incident on his last Australian tour....

YORKE no hints from you please...

Yorke Hunt +

Times thanked
< 46
hints? if you told me i must have forgotten, cos it is a mystery to me haha

May Mix Available Now: http://soundcloud.com/yorkehunt/yorke-hunt-may-2010
soundcloud.com/yorkehunt : twitter.com/yorkehunt : facebook.com/yorkehunt : myspace.com/yorkehunt
Tribal Dancer +

Spurs daft.....

Times thanked
< 40
I'm looking forward to it, thats for sure!
•• ELECTRONIC SOUL ••
JamRock +

Times thanked
< 218

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorke Hunt View Post

hints? if you told me i must have forgotten, cos it is a mystery to me haha

Not sure if I've told you or not, but I have a feeling you might frequent an avenue in which I've already leaked the announcment

archietech +

DO A THING

Times thanked
< 10
got some crew heading here for the kaiserdisco thing, long weekend, my second birthday weekend, the mrs going away for the whole weekend, perfect recipe
the tasmanian connection

archietech +

DO A THING

Times thanked
< 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post

That'd be awesome.

it sure would! i've been waiting for a million years to see him

i would put my hand a fair way into my pocket to get him over here
the tasmanian connection

smorchika +

Times thanked
< 483

Quote:

Will the most discerning tech listener in Adelaide like this act?

Hmmm

My thoughts would be YES - this act is a bit more deep / minimal / melodic etc than most acts I do. But still with plenty of party rocking power.

This particular act is well known to above and beyond in his quest as a techno warrior, as proven by an extraordinary incident on his last Australian tour....

YORKE no hints from you please...

Oh Good Lord, i have to remind you that i am well and truely out of the loop and stuck listening to 200 techno radio, luka baumann, xhin, a mix of surgeon sets and his fabric mix, with the occassional foray into something less serious like my friend from sydney's mixes oh and because im getting psyched for levon vincent, im listening to a few of his sets here and there.
Actually, i have so far only 2 mixes/sets from this year, and handful from last year, so definitely out of the loop, even if there were hints i dont know if i'd even know who they were alluding to anyway :p
JamRock +

Times thanked
< 218
Thread for next TechPhonics party is up - check it out here: http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=305070

party_chica +

richard d james soundlab = heaven on earth

Times thanked
< 1
i wish i was coming home to a derrick may dj set, was an awesome night matty! bit late on the thanks but really had a great time, even out with my friend from ers college at melbourne and i havent had a boogie with her since melbourne almost! was wicked and loved the LASERS!
I'm the chick who drops sick flows fill bowls with ill flows ill ho hell knows pantyhose holes full of No Doz

- da one n only princess superstar
shr3dder +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 93

Quote:

Alex Smoke?

BA have announced him for July.... He's from the UK, Live, Techno, Melodic... seems to fit the criteria

JamRock +

Times thanked
< 218

Quote:

Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post

Alex Smoke?

BA have announced him for July.... He's from the UK, Live, Techno, Melodic... seems to fit the criteria

Nice one - yep Alex Smoke FTW!

On his last tour he his lung collapsed, giving him intense pain 15 minutes into his hour long set at Revolver. But the techno warrior battled on and finished his set!!! http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=13179

shr3dder +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 93

Quote:

Nice one - yep Alex Smoke FTW!

On his last tour he his lung collapsed, giving him intense pain 15 minutes into his hour long set at Revolver. But the techno warrior battled on and finished his set!!! http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=13179

Awesome, never seen Alex Smoke. I'll be back in Adelaide in July too, around the date of the BA gig, hopefully I'll get to see him in Adelaide.

Page 2 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »