Whatever happened to...?

Page 11 of 11
  Tools
dAnbO66 +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by flav

I hear Jason Midro is Starting up a Kick ass DJ school..!!!

Gosh. I'm not really a fan of Jason's at all.
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5
500 Posts!
!!!
flav +

Times thanked
< 0
what happen to all the easy women??
keep Rockin'
LowSpirit +

Times thanked
< 0
Old school Melbourne radio
Hi stompers,

I'm wondering if anyone remembers a Melbourne radio show called Mindwarp (later changed to Futuryhthm)? It ran from maybe 1993 to about 1995 or so.

From memory, a guy named Mark Ryder used to present it with another guy called Dave or someone else. It was on 3INR FM, I think. They really pushed Legend B - Lost In Love well before it became top 40 and used to play Blue Amazon - Hypersleep.

Whatever happened to those guys? I was in touch with Mark through email back in the early 2000s but he disappeared.

Another show I remember had a sample from Aliens in its intro, where Newt says, "My mommy told me there are no monsters, but there are." Anyone remember the name and who presented it?

Thanks,

LowSpirit.

Last edited by LowSpirit: 10-Mar-10 at 12:57pm

skopje +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowSpirit

Hi stompers,

I'm wondering if anyone remembers a Melbourne radio show called Mindwarp (later changed to Futuryhthm)? It ran from maybe 1993 to about 1995 or so.

From memory, a guy named Mark Ryder used to present it with another guy called Dave or someone else. It was on 3INR FM, I think. They really pushed Legend B - Lost In Love well before it became top 40 and used to play Blue Amazon - Hypersleep.

Whatever happened to those guys? I was in touch with Mark through email back in the early 2000s but he disappeared.

Another show I remember had a sample from Aliens in its intro, where Newt says, "My mommy told me there are no monsters, but there are." Anyone remember the name and who presented it?

Thanks,

LowSpirit.

I remember those guys. I went on their show once. There was 3 of them. Mark was a top guy; I traded some records with him as well. Dave was also a nice fellow. I think he was studying law at the time, and that career path took off for him. They used to play some pretty good tracks.

The station was in a shopping centre somewhere in Heidelberg, from memory.

And to think I thought I erased these memories forever until a spark sets it all off again !!!
LowSpirit +

Times thanked
< 0
Someone else remembers, that's good.

I was also on their show by sending in a mixtape that they played.

Back then, I used to listen to Tranzmission on Sunday night, Mindwarp on Tuesday (I think), Rise on Thursday and sometimes JJJ Mix Up on Saturday. It was a great line up of shows and presenters. Rise later moved to Kiss FM.
BOXMAKER +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowSpirit

Someone else remembers, that's good.

I was also on their show by sending in a mixtape that they played.

Back then, I used to listen to Tranzmission on Sunday night, Mindwarp on Tuesday (I think), Rise on Thursday and sometimes JJJ Mix Up on Saturday. It was a great line up of shows and presenters. Rise later moved to Kiss FM.

Tranzmission on the Sunday night was the best after you'd been out on a bender..

Even when Kate Bathgate would re-cap the events...
Circa 94...

Bring Back Speedball!
Korsion +

Optioned

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by flav

what happen to all the easy women??

They all got scared away by old men
rzza +

Times thanked
< 0
yep
i can't think of anything other than... yes.

F*CK - those 8 hrour sessions have shaped my life.
I never look back thinking - I have no imagination.

you know what I means. ye. word. et al, verbatim

(i wear a shirt in NYC now but I still feel ok)

- rizz
nckgbbs +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzza

i can't think of anything other than... yes.

F*CK - those 8 hrour sessions have shaped my life.
I never look back thinking - I have no imagination.

you know what I means. ye. word. et al, verbatim

(i wear a shirt in NYC now but I still feel ok)

- rizz

Uuuuuuuh...

What?
LowSpirit +

Times thanked
< 0
Someone mentioned converting old 3RRR Tranzmission tapes to MP3 format.

I was wondering if this ever happened and if they're available for download now in 2011?

Thanks!
nocturnal_groova +

Times thanked
< 78
on an internatioanl level, whatever happened to humate?

On a local level, very intrigued by the disappearance of the guy who used to do 'bamboo music,' the dude who used to create all the mad fliers.....cant remember his dj name though.
nocturnal_groova +

Times thanked
< 78
and ben cromack also......man that guy was good.
MentalCube +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturnal_groova View Post

On a local level, very intrigued by the disappearance of the guy who used to do 'bamboo music,' the dude who used to create all the mad fliers.....cant remember his dj name though.

Nick Dem Q
Fittler +

Times thanked
< 12
What ever happened to Quang?
Gee that guy was dope!
LunarCat +

Times thanked
< 11
Now I'm gonna be silly...

Whatever happened to people posting on this "old skool" part of the forum? This place doesn't get enough traffic (or maybe I'm online too much )
Got me thinking - I guess that maybe not many people are into old skool anymore...
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5
Hey LunarCat, far point, I think those who got into this forum are getting older, having kids etc. Many have also moved over to facebook etc. It would be great to see a bit more interest come back
!!!
LunarCat +

Times thanked
< 11
Yeah.. I'm young-ish and have a lot of free time currently, but it's true that many people that I know are into old skool are older and too busy for forums. I'm into old skool EDM and also EBM quite much, and it's hard to find lively places to chat about it. :/

Oh well, before I know it, I'll be too busy as well... To stay on topic, it will be - Whatever happened to our youth and clubbing? ... Whatever happened to Saturday night? (sorry couldn't resist lol)
Fittler +

Times thanked
< 12
Can't believe a Rave Back In Time was on last Saturday with not a word on this forum.
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 178
There's another Belfast in MELB mid dec, it is a bit quiet ey!
BOXMAKER +

Times thanked
< 0
Belfast these day should be an over 30's event .. LOL

Standout track from an old Belfast.. HMC ripping out a mix of Slaters/JB3 Forklift..

I love an MP3 if anybody??
Circa 94...

Bring Back Speedball!
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
< 178

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOXMAKER View Post

Belfast these day should be an over 30's event .. LOL ?

It is! best over28s in Melb!
dodgydamo +

Times thanked
< 0
Whatever happened to Arm in Arm ??
nocturnal_groova +

Times thanked
< 78
Still around, one was on last year (I think), Adrian van ray played, good shit.
Errol Flynn +

Times thanked
< 270
does Steve Robbins still rip it up?
"you want it to be one way, but its the other wayฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํ ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํ ํํํํํํํํํ.ฏ๎"
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturnal_groova View Post

Hess Barber, he lives in California now i think bamboo records is still going.
!!!
lidremover +

Times thanked
< 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmica View Post

Hess Barber, he lives in California now i think bamboo records is still going.

Wasn't it Nick Demkiw (Nick Dem Q) that did the flyers? (And was part of Bamboo Music with Hess)

I thought I saw his name on a flyer somewhere in the last few weeks, no idea where though...
Upcoming gigs:

25/01/14 Rainbow Serpent Festival - Sunset Stage - 1400 - 1530
07-10/03/14 Maitreya Festival
Errol Flynn +

Times thanked
< 270
^^ something to do with stereosonic i think!
"you want it to be one way, but its the other wayฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํ ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํ ํํํํํํํํํ.ฏ๎"
Fittler +

Times thanked
< 12
Jive Fresh tshirts
Cosmica +

OS

Times thanked
< 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by lidremover View Post

Wasn't it Nick Demkiw (Nick Dem Q) that did the flyers? (And was part of Bamboo Music with Hess)

I thought I saw his name on a flyer somewhere in the last few weeks, no idea where though...

Nik did the flyers and was also part of Bamboo. Im not sure about them being around melbourne, not in Melbourne myself at the moment.
!!!
DJ TK +

Times thanked
< 0
DJ Thief
DJ Jen-E
Secret MC
Silent MC

Shhh lol. By the way im doing well. Married and fantastically happy. I call her C and we are deeply in love. Had a break from music but am about to embark on my greatest voyage into sound. See you when Im ready. Peace till then my friends, you know who you are .

Last edited by DJ TK: 03-Aug-13 at 06:38am

SonicDistortion +

Fresh Prince Of Darkness

Times thanked
< 19
Thief has played at a couple of old school parties, like Reunion and Candee Flip. He's still a chef and is married. I believe he still has all his records!

Jen-E also played at the same old school parties, last time I heard she was studying psychology. Sold most if not all her records, I was lucky to get a few. Best mixer I ever heard, her tapes are awesome. Actually Thief was just as good.

Secret MC was the guy behind Onionhead Clothing, which was associated with System 6. Nice guy, seemed to disappear when System 6 finished.

I have no idea who Silent MC is....

Media Player
"All things change in a dynamic environment"

"What has been the biggest high of my career? I was going to say the first time I got presented with two turntables, but change that to the five times I went to Australia. It's brilliant there, great atmosphere at all their parties and a beautiful country besides." - DJ Buzz Fuzz

"Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Multitude."
Msraver +

Chasing the sun...

Times thanked
< 2
Jen-E and Hardcore Thief - loved their stuff in the day. Thanks for the memories!
Astride my horse I soar. He trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes. He is pure air and fire; the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him. His neigh is the bidding of a monarch, and his countenance enforces homage.
Page 11 of 11

« Previous Thread Next Thread »