Food, Photography and Travel

south america tours

Tools
mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
< 3,072
south america tours
we're planning a trip to SA next year and were thinking we'd do a tour because our time is really tight.
we're looking at tours from La Paz - Lima. any recommendations for good tour companies/ones to avoid?

also we're spending a week in costa rica if anyone has any suggestions for good surf spots/hotels.

thanks
ZedOne +

Times thanked
< 0
Just do it yourself. The route/destinations between La Paz and Lima is straightforward, so I dont think a tour would make such a significant difference on your time. The most likely issue would be sporadic border closure or protesting locals throwing shit at your bus/van which will happen regardless of being on a tour.

For Costa Rica, depends what you're after. Try the central Pacific coast (Quepos, Dominical, Uvita etc.), or alternatively the more frequented Montezuma. If you're planning on heading to Tortuguero, ensure you make it there in one day - you dont want to get stuck in Cariari for any longer than an hour.
mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
< 3,072

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZedOne View Post

Just do it yourself. The route/destinations between La Paz and Lima is straightforward, so I dont think a tour would make such a significant difference on your time. The most likely issue would be sporadic border closure or protesting locals throwing shit at your bus/van which will happen regardless of being on a tour.

For Costa Rica, depends what you're after. Try the central Pacific coast (Quepos, Dominical, Uvita etc.), or alternatively the more frequented Montezuma. If you're planning on heading to Tortuguero, ensure you make it there in one day - you dont want to get stuck in Cariari for any longer than an hour.

awesome thanks dude.

yeah we only have about 15 days, and after sitting on a train for 2 hours in the wrong direction or turning up to a monument that was closed I'm keen to tour it just for the 2 weeks in Peru/Bolivia. CR is going to be more relaxed though.

Thanks for the advice on CR
phoneyhuh +

3o~

Times thanked
< 203
2 weeks from La Paz to Lima is very easily done on your own. It's one of the the busiest stretches of the gringo trail, and people sorting out your transport & accommodation usually come to you as soon as you step off a bus. Get a good guidebook, a Spanish phrasebook and you'll be fine. Fly between cuzco & Lima though.
mischa21 +

yessum

Times thanked
< 3,072

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoneyhuh View Post

2 weeks from La Paz to Lima is very easily done on your own. It's one of the the busiest stretches of the gringo trail, and people sorting out your transport & accommodation usually come to you as soon as you step off a bus. Get a good guidebook, a Spanish phrasebook and you'll be fine. Fly between cuzco & Lima though.

ok cheers. I'll investigate then.
philipj +

Times thanked
< 0
canadian immigration
So,you could visit the main destinations of Costa Rica and there is no need to worry about La Paz to Lima,it could be easily done,because the way is straight forward.

Good Luck!!!

canadian immigration

immigration to canada
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

ok cheers. I'll investigate then.

Did you get anyway with this? I'm starting to look into tours and stuff and hope to go there next year...
[Put Signature Here]

« Previous Thread Next Thread »