Sport and Fitness

EPL 11/12 #7: MCFC Pride of Manchester

Closed thread
  Tools
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
While you can't fault the guy on his results so far!!

I just think that he may find that some of the more senior players might lack respect for him. I could also imagine that if times got tough then he wouldn't have the full support and respect of the owners.

Im not sold on his tactical nous yet either and he doesn't have much experience. I think next year is going to be a tough year and i just don't think he is the man to make things happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 860
quoting for new page

Quote:

Originally Posted by base615 View Post

The thing is, having already sunk a boatload of cash into the club, FSG will probably be loath to invest any more and the next manager will have to make do with the shower of shit currently available to him after Dalglish's transfer disasters. As a result, next season all the Liverpool faithful will be talking about is how much of a mistake it was getting rid of him as the new manager hasn't been able to do any better.

Could very well be spot on. Something to quote in 12 months time

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,370
Gary Neville to Liverpool as manager please .
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

Times thanked
< 3,607
fucked gifs mate
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
It was the only option for KK to go...only one thing going for him was the Carling Cup...everything else went against him and went into sh1ts! Its bullsh1t people coming out saying he needed more time...he chose and bought the players with sh1t loads of cash, resulting in the worst points total in 50 years and sh1test ranking in the EPL table in almost a two decades...his a legendary guy for finding the net...yet, how many goals we get all season? Yes, we shoulda scored a lot more seeing how many times we hit the woodwork...but its like finishing second in a 100m race by a inch...doesn't matter how close you still come in second. So its not a goal or we were unlucky we hit the woodwork that many times, it was not a goal and never will be. If we looking for a manager within the league...I still rate Martin O'Neil highly...the compensation to Sunderland won't be that high right? He has provided a stepping stone in creating British talent too...maybe he can turn these underachieving British Pool players into life

re: RDM...its a difficult decision to make...yes he did good in the "last couple of months" for what he had with his squad...but, could he actually make the big calls and decisions in bringing in quality players to improve the squad and realise the fact you can no longer rely on the old heads? Put him in a 12-month contract I say and do a wait and see approach...
[Put Signature Here]
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,370
By the way.. Valencia got player of the year & fans player of the year and goal of the season for the blackburn away... Yet he was still left out in the biggest game of the season.... I Honestly still cant get my head around that one.
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
< 2,531
The feeling I had with Kenny is he was too "buddy buddy" with his players and he let them get away with too much. In other words he trusts them to perform their best rather than force it out of them.

I read a really good article somewhere (can't remember what it was) that talked about the difference between a coach and a manager. Coaches are the ones who are pals with the players, who condition them and use motivation get them performing. While it works in short terms, ultimately that style of leadership is strategically weak and prone to weakness when players are able to leverage a personal relationship to influence decisions.

Managers are the leaders of men who keep a distance with players on a personal level, the relationship is entirely business where the players are assets of the football club that need to be deployed to achieve a target. Things have to match their strategies or it is a failure, much like an army General. They understand that becoming "close" to players has a negative impact on the ability to manage, but not in a tyrannical manner: they need to be both feared and respected at the same time.

Ferguson, Mancini, Wenger, Benitez, Capello, Guardiola, Hiddink, Ancelotti etc etc. All managers. Kenny? Coach.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

Times thanked
< 3,607

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hdb2 View Post

Gary Neville to Liverpool as manager please .

that would be epic so at Torres against baca
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,370
I reckon O'Neil would do very well at Liverpool. Good job I am confident the scousers (yanks) wont make any sensible decisions any time soon.
Balls Deep +

Times thanked
< 7,864
Yup, MO'N would be my pick too but that'll never happen.
Cue the pool fans saying 'he won't hack the pressure of a big club'

'big' club teehee
It's over you BASTARDS!
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 5,924

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

The feeling I had with Kenny is he was too "buddy buddy" with his players and he let them get away with too much. In other words he trusts them to perform their best rather than force it out of them.

I read a really good article somewhere (can't remember what it was) that talked about the difference between a coach and a manager. Coaches are the ones who are pals with the players, who condition them and use motivation get them performing. While it works in short terms, ultimately that style of leadership is strategically weak and prone to weakness when players are able to leverage a personal relationship to influence decisions.

Managers are the leaders of men who keep a distance with players on a personal level, the relationship is entirely business where the players are assets of the football club that need to be deployed to achieve a target. Things have to match their strategies or it is a failure, much like an army General. They understand that becoming "close" to players has a negative impact on the ability to manage, but not in a tyrannical manner: they need to be both feared and respected at the same time.

Ferguson, Mancini, Wenger, Benitez, Capello, Guardiola, Hiddink, Ancelotti etc etc. All managers. Kenny? Coach.

disagree with a few of those names. wenger, guardiola, hiddink, ancelotti. all noted for their chummy friend status with their players.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
< 2,377
Pool supporters are seriously fucked. I've seen some of them today recommending (no joke) Alan Hansen for the role. A man with no managerial experience whatsoever and a history of fucked up predictions. It seems the prime qualification needed for Liverpool manager is being a player at the club decades ago. Morons

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 5,924
internet is suggesting AVB is a done deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 860
i always laugh at those gifs

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,399
Chris Hughton didn't last at Newcastle because he was too much of a 'coach', as midian says. we had the senior guys like Barton and Nolan running the side, which is what I imagine is going on at Chelsea at the moment with Terry et al.
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZA View Post

internet is suggesting AVB is a done deal

it is funny

but I would welcome it. He definitely has something to prove in the EPL after that wonder season with Porto

Whilst it's a pretty rubbish option at least it's something!
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,370

Quote:

Pool supporters are seriously fucked. I've seen some of them today recommending (no joke) Alan Hansen for the role. A man with no managerial experience whatsoever and a history of fucked up predictions. It seems the prime qualification needed for Liverpool manager is being a player at the club decades ago. Morons

Scouse fan outside Anfield; "Problem with Kenny is you should never go back"

Reporter: "Who would you have now?"

Scouse fan: I reckon Rafa should get a go.

You honestly couldnt make this shit up
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293

Quote:

some people are even suggesting carragher as player-manager. i would rather scoop my eyes out with a spoon than watch a liverpool team managed by jamie "hoof it up the pitch" carragher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hdb2 View Post

Scouse fan outside Anfield; "Problem with Kenny is you should never go back"

Reporter: "Who would you have now?"

Scouse fan: I reckon Rafa should get a go.

You honestly couldnt make this shit up

rafa was a good manager...

anyway... lambert, rodgers, martinez, rafa & o'neill are not even in the running. appartently the 3 main ones being considered are avb, klopp & deschamps. can't say i know much about deschamps but marseille are fucking TENTH in LIGUE ONE so no thank you!

Last edited by patrickbateman: 17-May-12 at 01:44pm

base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
< 2,377
Rafa did well for you. I think Hdb2 was alluding to the irony of someone recommending Rafa while simultaneously saying a manager should never go back.

The big issue is that Liverpool fans are so preoccupied with only accepting insiders

Quote:

Balls Deep +

Times thanked
< 7,864
One things for sure. He won't be black
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,370

Quote:

Rafa did well for you. I think Hdb2 was alluding to the irony of someone recommending Rafa while simultaneously saying a manager should never go back.

The big issue is that Liverpool fans are so preoccupied with only accepting insiders

Base615 knows.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,650

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

lol awesome. is that the year Arsenal won on goal difference? also lol @ dalglish's mullet face

I think the added elements to this year were

- City v United. It would have been less special if it was City v Chelsea or something

- QPR playing to avoid relegation. They didn't just show up mid table and not giving a shit

It is. Arsenal went to Anfield needing to win by 2 clear goals. It was 1 zip to the Arse and they were into injury time, having played 90 minutes. Up steps Mickey Thomas. Flukey bobble-touch off of Nicol, and it's up for grabs now. Bang Crash Kapow!

I actually got up really early to watch that. I think it was one of the very rare occasions they actually showed a live Division 1 game on UK TV, let alone Aussie TV, let alone free-to-air. Booya.
DrugfuctDonkey +

Times thanked
< 1,926

Quote:

Originally Posted by davecw View Post

While you can't fault the guy on his results so far!!

I just think that he may find that some of the more senior players might lack respect for him. I could also imagine that if times got tough then he wouldn't have the full support and respect of the owners.

Im not sold on his tactical nous yet either and he doesn't have much experience. I think next year is going to be a tough year and i just don't think he is the man to make things happen.

Yeah fair call. Chelsea are going to be rebuilding over the next couple of years though so it'll come down to whether those senior players are even included in future plans. I don't think they have much longer tbh.

Hopefully they appoint someone ridiculous and end up 10th.
nickko +

Why would I not have a nice day?

Times thanked
< 4,447

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balls Deep View Post

I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,447

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post

appartently the 3 main ones being considered are avb, klopp & deschamps.

I can't see Klopp leaving BvB anytime soon - he's in the process of building something really big there.
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,520
The suggestions in here are better than Simon Hill's of the bloke from Swansea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmondtigers

His father had a sex change when his mum wanted a kid.

He mutilated his vagina not long afterwards.

To this day it is still in bad shape.

base615 +

Times thanked
< 2,377

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balls Deep View Post

Well that rules out Terry Conner. That's a shame

Quote:

Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,520

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickko View Post

I can't see Klopp leaving BvB anytime soon - he's in the process of building something really big there.

Plus they are in the CL

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmondtigers

His father had a sex change when his mum wanted a kid.

He mutilated his vagina not long afterwards.

To this day it is still in bad shape.

DrugfuctDonkey +

Times thanked
< 1,926

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickko View Post

Yeah sif he'd bail on UCL football and the current Dortmund setup to inherit a bunch of overpaid tards and supporters obsessed with shit that happened 30 years ago.
thylakoid +

Times thanked
< 29
Martin O'Neill would be an inspired pick for Liverpool. However, as many people say it probably won't happen. AVB could also work out well, he's got a lot to prove considering that fucking mess he made of it at Chelsea.
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 3,399

Quote:

the 3 main ones being considered are avb, klopp & deschamps. can't say i know much about deschamps but marseille are fucking TENTH in LIGUE ONE so no thank you!

old didier didn't like ben arfa, so pissed him off to us on the cheap
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
Ben Arfa broke his leg 12 times LOL.

Hiddink would be epic , Martin O'Neill is really uninspiring but i guess would do the job. I would be happy to go with AVB but would like more experience because it's a tough job lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

DrugfuctDonkey +

Times thanked
< 1,926

Quote:

Can't say i know much about deschamps but marseille are fucking TENTH in LIGUE ONE so no thank you!

I'm an O.M fan so been following him for a little while. Actually had a kinda similar season to Pool. He's been pretty good aside from the league failure this season. Has decent credentials e.g taking Monaco to the UCL final in 04 and winning Coupe de la Ligue with them, UCL quarter finals this season, 3 consecutive Coupe de la Ligue titles, Champions League qualification 5 times in a row, Ligue 1 Champions 09-10 and runners up last season. Pretty sure he came close to winning Ligue 1 with Monaco as well.

Not the greatest manager around but definitely better than a lot of other names being thrown around by Pool fans
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Funny this. Pool supporters are seriously fucked...then your following line is..."Ive seen SOME of them..." Key word, "some"

There are millions and millions of supporters for each club...many know their shit and many are dumb asses who say the most stupidest things and then you got some dumb asses that believe every word of it...take out your Pool hate away as whatever you see shouldn't be taken seriously...that goes with the 100 rumours of who will be the next Pool manager...
[Put Signature Here]
DrugfuctDonkey +

Times thanked
< 1,926

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmau5 View Post

old didier didn't like ben arfa, so pissed him off to us on the cheap

It wasn't a simple case of not liking him. The guy was kinda injury prone and had a bad attitude. NUFC are just lucky he seems to have grown up. Couldve gone either way.

Tbh I thought it was probably going to end badly.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,370

Quote:

It was end of term at Manchester United’s Carrington training ground on Monday, and one topic of conversation dominated.

As the players prepared to fly to Belfast for Tuesday night’s testimonial for Harry Gregg, all the talk was of the succession to Sir Alex Ferguson.

There was no suggestion that Ferguson will not be manager next season but there is more and more chatter at the club that the 2012-2013 campaign might be his last.

There is no suggestion that his powers are waning, either, not after the way he marshaled his resources this season. But for everyone, there is a time to go.

And the players do not believe that his replacement will be a Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho, Martin O’Neill or David Moyes.

The strong belief, and desire, at the club is that the appointment should be internal.

And the players’ expectation is that Ryan Giggs will take charge in the summer of either 2013 or 2014.

It is also their expectation that Giggs will be assisted by Paul Scholes and Gary Neville as part of the first team set-up.

By neat co-incidence, Tuesday saw Ferguson and Giggs were named as top Manager and Player in the Premier League’s history.

And Ferguson hinted several months ago that Giggs, 38, who holds United’s appearance record, would be his preferred successor.

Giggs, who is earning his coaching badges, will play at least one more season at United, although there is no suggestion he would become player-manager.

Whether Neville’s appointment as England coach on a four year contract this week would affect his availability to join a Giggs regime remains to be seen.

The plan for Giggs to take over is only a rumour but it is a line of succession that makes perfect sense.

It is the line that Barcelona first pursued when they promoted Guardiola from Barcelona B and, more recently, when they appointed Tito Vilanova to replace Guardiola.

It is the Boot Room way, the system that served Liverpool so well for so long after the foundations laid by Bill Shankly.

When you have a manager who has established an ethos at a club, an ethos that has brought unparalleled success, why ask someone to come in and rip it all up?

What Ferguson has achieved at United is unique and it relies heavily on the spirit and hunger he has bred at the club.

No one understands that spirit better than Giggs and no one is better equipped to carry on Ferguson’s work seamlessly.

Earlier this season, in the midst of the dismay at the 6-1 defeat to Manchester City, it was Giggs who took the lead among the players.

It was Giggs who called a team meeting and told his teammates that he was shocked at what he was witnessing.

It was Giggs who said there needed to be a sea-change in attitudes. It was Giggs who acted as Ferguson’s lieutenant.

Those who know him well are convinced he has the qualities to make a success of following Ferguson.

“He is a manager, not a coach,” someone who has played with him for the last 10 years said.

“Coaches need to be approachable and Giggs is not particularly approachable or matey.

“He tends to keep a distance, which a manager needs to be able to do, and he has real authority. He watches a lot and he sees a lot.”

Sir Bobby Robson, whose example was one of the factors in encouraging Ferguson to abandon previous plans for retirement, ended his last managing job when he was 71. Ferguson will be 71 on New Year’s Eve.

It will be a sad day for the game when he calls it quits but when it happens, his natural successor will be already by his side.

Just read that article which discussed the coach Vs manager debate, relevant to some chat around here.
weekender +

Times thanked
< 484
Giggs/ Solskjaer dream team

That odious rat faced fucktard Neville is likely to succeed Uncle Roy at Team Quarterfinallossonpenalties, I mean, Engerlund.
"Old enough to know better"
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,370
I reckon Ole will be a great manager, I hope he keeps on learning his trade in Norway for a while and then eventually take over Utd.

Not sold on Giggs.

Neville has shown through his punditry this year he has a fantastic footballing brain.
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 3,399
not sure if serious about the Neville bit
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,447
Giggs (m) and Neville (am).
DrugfuctDonkey +

Times thanked
< 1,926
Taking orders from Gary Neville would be as painful as fucking an Echidna.
base615 +

Times thanked
< 2,377

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackmasta View Post

Funny this. Pool supporters are seriously fucked...then your following line is..."Ive seen SOME of them..." Key word, "some"

There are millions and millions of supporters for each club...many know their shit and many are dumb asses who say the most stupidest things and then you got some dumb asses that believe every word of it...take out your Pool hate away as whatever you see shouldn't be taken seriously...that goes with the 100 rumours of who will be the next Pool manager...

I don't hate pool, when I say pool supporters are fucked it's not through hatred it's through observation

Quote:

weekender +

Times thanked
< 484
Neville has signed a four year deal with the FA....
"Old enough to know better"
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,370

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmau5 View Post

not sure if serious about the Neville bit

Serious mate. Have you seen a lot of his pre-match anaylsis this year? I found it to be very interesting ( not because he was a red, I was never a fan boy of Gary).
hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

Times thanked
< 876
Breaking news..........

Capella will be Chelsea manager.
ARSENAL FC
1st Div / EPL Winner - 13 Times
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
League Cup Winner - 2 Times
Euro Cup Winner Cup Winner- 1 Time
EPL 4th Place Winner - 15 Times
EPLFinancial Cup Winner - 8 times
EPL Grounderkeeper Winner - 3 Times
Box to Box Possesion without scoring Winner - 8 times
base615 +

Times thanked
< 2,377
Who's Capella?

Quote:

DrugfuctDonkey +

Times thanked
< 1,926

Quote:

Who's Capella?

Stewart Downing's U/13's Trainer.
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,517
Capello?
base615 +

Times thanked
< 2,377
I know, I was just being facetious

Quote:

hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

Times thanked
< 876

Quote: