Sport and Fitness

Football Transfers 2012: Van Persie not the only one to Walcott the door

Closed thread
  Tools
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

VanBuurenisGod's Avatar
Joined
Mar '03
Times thanked
< 2,852
Posts
24,035
I would take AVB in a heartbeat. I don't think you will find a sane person on this earth that will think he wasn't wrongly sacked this year.

If he is given the resources and freedom to build a squad and not chosen players by the owner, then I think he will flourish. He was always up against it at Stamford.
nickko +

Why would I not have a nice day?

nickko's Avatar
Joined
Oct '03
Times thanked
< 4,463
Posts
17,576
Will he get that at Liverpool though?
I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

hipswinger's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 877
Posts
6,143
I really can't see the owners sanctioning another spree with a new manager.
You need someone who can work with the lot you got, it's why someone like MON would maybe be a better pick.

Who was the ex history guy that said you guys were doomed for atleast 10 years ?
Squad ?
Mangers ?
Stadium ?
ARSENAL FC
1st Div / EPL Winner - 13 Times
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
League Cup Winner - 2 Times
Euro Cup Winner Cup Winner- 1 Time
EPL 4th Place Winner - 15 Times
EPLFinancial Cup Winner - 8 times
EPL Grounderkeeper Winner - 3 Times
Box to Box Possesion without scoring Winner - 8 times
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

davecw's Avatar
Joined
Apr '09
Times thanked
< 516
Posts
5,639
Our owners are not shy and will spend / back the new guy in charge. Somehow i think they would feel more comfortable giving big money to AVB rather then Martinez.

Fuck MON , DNW.

How is M'vila going Hipswinger lololol ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

TRZA's Avatar
Joined
Oct '06
Times thanked
< 5,982
Posts
14,516

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanBuurenisGod View Post

I would take AVB in a heartbeat. I don't think you will find a sane person on this earth that will think he wasn't wrongly sacked this year.

If he is given the resources and freedom to build a squad and not chosen players by the owner, then I think he will flourish. He was always up against it at Stamford.

perfect satire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
franko123 +

Hello, this is your captain speaking.

franko123's Avatar
Joined
Jan '06
Times thanked
< 861
Posts
11,596
Torres may Quit Chelsea

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...a-exit?cc=3436

lol
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Hdb2's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
< 2,370
Posts
7,908
Berbs come out and said he is waiting for offers. I hope for his sake he can pickup a decent club and play well, always been a pro for us and will be especially remembered for both helping us reach number 19 and that special hatrick against Liverpool.

I would get footage but I am so hungover I nearly passed out on the train. KYFs.
20
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

VanBuurenisGod's Avatar
Joined
Mar '03
Times thanked
< 2,852
Posts
24,035
That being said, I would prefer de boer...
DrugfuctDonkey +

Registered User

DrugfuctDonkey's Avatar
Joined
Mar '12
Times thanked
< 1,937
Posts
3,256

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hdb2 View Post

Berbs come out and said he is waiting for offers. I hope for his sake he can pickup a decent club and play well, always been a pro for us and will be especially remembered for both helping us reach number 19 and that special hatrick against Liverpool.

I would get footage but I am so hungover I nearly passed out on the train. KYFs.


Can be such an amazing player.... hope to see more of him next season wherever he ends up.
elhadjihenry +

Registered User

elhadjihenry's Avatar
Joined
Oct '05
Times thanked
< 743
Posts
2,673
My money would be on Berbatov being loaned back to spurs next season once Adebayor buggers off
hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

hipswinger's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 877
Posts
6,143

Quote:

Originally Posted by davecw View Post

Our owners are not shy and will spend / back the new guy in charge. Somehow i think they would feel more comfortable giving big money to AVB rather then Martinez.

Fuck MON , DNW.

How is M'vila going Hipswinger lololol ?


I'm sure he's fine mate.

its quite amusing that your bringing the lololol's out considering where your club is at after sacking your football director and coach, old stadium, shit players all after spending a fortune where as i am banking on 1 transfer that seems totally realistic and logical in amongst all the other players we've been linked to eg, kagawa, giroud, vertonghen, belhanda, biglia, suarez, dembele, sakho, dempsey, sessegnon, kalou.

#perspective.
#realism.
ARSENAL FC
1st Div / EPL Winner - 13 Times
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
League Cup Winner - 2 Times
Euro Cup Winner Cup Winner- 1 Time
EPL 4th Place Winner - 15 Times
EPLFinancial Cup Winner - 8 times
EPL Grounderkeeper Winner - 3 Times
Box to Box Possesion without scoring Winner - 8 times
metaphorikal +

u mad

metaphorikal's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 1,752
Posts
5,194
Would back AvB.

Great manager, great hair. Could see him pacing the Anfield sideline in a trenchcoat with emergency comb on hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

fucked international break at it yet again fuck off already

Astro-Boy +

Astro-Boy's Avatar
Joined
Oct '03
Times thanked
< 22,662
Posts
40,181

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hdb2 View Post

Berbs come out and said he is waiting for offers. I hope for his sake he can pickup a decent club and play well, always been a pro for us and will be especially remembered for both helping us reach number 19 and that special hatrick against Liverpool.

I would get footage but I am so hungover I nearly passed out on the train. KYFs.

How do you like half a post?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heraclitus

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

DrugfuctDonkey +

Registered User

DrugfuctDonkey's Avatar
Joined
Mar '12
Times thanked
< 1,937
Posts
3,256
Demba Ba linked to Arsenal rumours doing to rounds again lately....
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

davecw's Avatar
Joined
Apr '09
Times thanked
< 516
Posts
5,639

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipswinger View Post

I'm sure he's fine mate.

its quite amusing that your bringing the lololol's out considering where your club is at after sacking your football director and coach, old stadium, shit players all after spending a fortune where as i am banking on 1 transfer that seems totally realistic and logical in amongst all the other players we've been linked to eg, kagawa, giroud, vertonghen, belhanda, biglia, suarez, dembele, sakho, dempsey, sessegnon, kalou.

#perspective.
#realism.

I thought you said he was a done deal? sorry mate i thought that was what you said.

Feels good to have the worst year in 60 years and still win a trophy and make a cup final.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

DuncanM +

ITM Contributor

DuncanM's Avatar
Joined
Jun '04
Times thanked
< 1,810
Posts
6,574
I'd like to see some more Arse deadwood to somewhere else rumours.
Bism +

Bism's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 17,892
Posts
21,495

Quote:

Originally Posted by davecw View Post

Feels good to have the worst year in 60 years and still win a trophy and make a cup final.

Does it really feel that good?

The season was so amazing that they just had to sack the manager.
DuncanM +

ITM Contributor

DuncanM's Avatar
Joined
Jun '04
Times thanked
< 1,810
Posts
6,574
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham Hotspuds

cf

7. Everton
8. Liverpool

You know what feels good? Beating your cross-city rivals (again) feels good.
Bism +

Bism's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 17,892
Posts
21,495
They do it wrong in Manchester and Liverpool.
DuncanM +

ITM Contributor

DuncanM's Avatar
Joined
Jun '04
Times thanked
< 1,810
Posts
6,574
Does anyone know when the Soccernet On the Move blog starts up again?
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

davecw's Avatar
Joined
Apr '09
Times thanked
< 516
Posts
5,639

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Does it really feel that good?

The season was so amazing that they just had to sack the manager.

Owners wanted more then that and KK got sacked. Im happy we have something from a rough year. Wow Arse fans will take whatever they can get ( re Beating your cross-city rivals). Did you blokes get a medal and parade for that one?

Back OT has anything progressed with Kagawa and Fergie's meeting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

DrugfuctDonkey +

Registered User

DrugfuctDonkey's Avatar
Joined
Mar '12
Times thanked
< 1,937
Posts
3,256
Romain Amalfitano supposedly a done deal to be @ Newcastle for the next 3 years... if its true, looks like a decent signing for under a million. Seems to have potential

1:22

Media Player
YouTube
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Hdb2's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
< 2,370
Posts
7,908
Nah I think he is in Japan at the moment pr something. More;

Manchester United have completed the signing of highly rated 18-year-old Crewe midfielder Nick Powell for £4 million.

Udinese have turned down a €12m offer from United to sign midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah.
20
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Geezah's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 1,662
Posts
12,221
@hipswinger and davecw: Jesus Christ dudes, both Pool and the Gunners were gigantic balls of wank. Arguing about getting 3rd or winning the League Cup is just pure unadulterated shitness. Neither team was close to challenging: being reduced to wind-fapping isn't gonna make up for both teams being absolute dogs bollocks..
Avatar artist: Dain Fagerholm
Bism +

Bism's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 17,892
Posts
21,495
3rd > 8th
metaphorikal +

u mad

metaphorikal's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 1,752
Posts
5,194
i love this thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

fucked international break at it yet again fuck off already

franko123 +

Hello, this is your captain speaking.

franko123's Avatar
Joined
Jan '06
Times thanked
< 861
Posts
11,596
UCL + FA Cup + 6th > 3rd > 8th + League Cup
Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Dero13's Avatar
Joined
May '10
Times thanked
< 1,285
Posts
5,218
UCL + FA Cup + 6th > 1st > 2nd > 3rd > 8th + League Cup
BRISBANE ROAR FC

A-League Titles 3 times
2010-11 2011-12 2013-14



CHELSEA FC

First Div / EPL Titles 4 times
1954–55 2004–05 2005–06 2009–10

FA Cups 7 times
1969–70 1996–97 1999–00 2006–07 2008–09 2009–10 2011-12

European Champs
2011-12 (only London team to do it)
Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Dero13's Avatar
Joined
May '10
Times thanked
< 1,285
Posts
5,218
Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck says Roberto Di Matteo is being strongly considered for the manager's job after winning the Champions League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18132202


Di Matteo's Chelsea record
Games: 21
Wins: 13
Draws: 5
Losses: 3
Win ratio: 62%
BRISBANE ROAR FC

A-League Titles 3 times
2010-11 2011-12 2013-14



CHELSEA FC

First Div / EPL Titles 4 times
1954–55 2004–05 2005–06 2009–10

FA Cups 7 times
1969–70 1996–97 1999–00 2006–07 2008–09 2009–10 2011-12

European Champs
2011-12 (only London team to do it)
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Hdb2's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
< 2,370
Posts
7,908
On this day a few years ago, united beat Chelsea on pens in the champs league final.


Kind of ironic innit.
20
hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

hipswinger's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 877
Posts
6,143

Quote:

Originally Posted by davecw View Post

I thought you said he was a done deal? sorry mate i thought that was what you said.

Feels good to have the worst year in 60 years and still win a trophy and make a cup final.

yeh i said it was close to done, and I still believe it.

@geez...........he started it.
ARSENAL FC
1st Div / EPL Winner - 13 Times
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
League Cup Winner - 2 Times
Euro Cup Winner Cup Winner- 1 Time
EPL 4th Place Winner - 15 Times
EPLFinancial Cup Winner - 8 times
EPL Grounderkeeper Winner - 3 Times
Box to Box Possesion without scoring Winner - 8 times
hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

hipswinger's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 877
Posts
6,143
So marchotti just said, he believes Guardiola has been lined up for Chelsea in the season after next.....
ARSENAL FC
1st Div / EPL Winner - 13 Times
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
League Cup Winner - 2 Times
Euro Cup Winner Cup Winner- 1 Time
EPL 4th Place Winner - 15 Times
EPLFinancial Cup Winner - 8 times
EPL Grounderkeeper Winner - 3 Times
Box to Box Possesion without scoring Winner - 8 times
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

VanBuurenisGod's Avatar
Joined
Mar '03
Times thanked
< 2,852
Posts
24,035
Marchottti is a fair ball of toss.
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

midian's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 2,557
Posts
7,473
Interesting, especially if it's true that he wanted to take a penalty in the CL final and they didn't let him.

Basically if Chelsea persist with a 4-5-1 and he's not the 1, he has to go -- especially if Drogba re-signs. He's 28 or 29 isn't he? This should be the peak of his career. He has one world cup left in him and that's it.

The problem he has is no one is going to fork up anything like what Chelsea paid for him, and I highly doubt that Abramovich is ready to tank 25 million or so on yet another player that didn't work out after a huge transfer fee. It would likely have to be somewhere out of the Premier League who has big sugar daddies with 40m+ to waste (PSG, Malaga, Anzhi etc).
daysofourlives +

Registered User

daysofourlives's Avatar
Joined
Jul '08
Times thanked
< 258
Posts
2,272
Spurs on loan.
metaphorikal +

u mad

metaphorikal's Avatar
Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 1,752
Posts
5,194
Well he can't be worse than downing or carroll so i suppose he could come back

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

fucked international break at it yet again fuck off already

DuncanM +

ITM Contributor

DuncanM's Avatar
Joined
Jun '04
Times thanked
< 1,810
Posts
6,574
Soccernet are reporting that United have signed Hazard.

...and now they're admitting they fell for a hoax.

Last edited by DuncanM: 21-May-12 at 11:36pm

Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Dero13's Avatar
Joined
May '10
Times thanked
< 1,285
Posts
5,218
Didier Drogba to quit Chelsea for 'leap into the unknown' in Shanghai


Drogba, who has reportedly already agreed a deal to join Shanghai Shenhua when his Chelsea contract expires this summer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...elsea-shanghai



All the best Didier

Believe!
BRISBANE ROAR FC

A-League Titles 3 times
2010-11 2011-12 2013-14



CHELSEA FC

First Div / EPL Titles 4 times
1954–55 2004–05 2005–06 2009–10

FA Cups 7 times
1969–70 1996–97 1999–00 2006–07 2008–09 2009–10 2011-12

European Champs
2011-12 (only London team to do it)
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

VanBuurenisGod's Avatar
Joined
Mar '03
Times thanked
< 2,852
Posts
24,035
Credit to drogba. As much as I have hated his theatrics over the years, I have always respected his ability to dominate the big games.

He has been a star, and outlasted most, so I am happy to see the back of him.
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

midian's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 2,557
Posts
7,473
I'd have done the same if I was him too: leave on the highest of highs as a club legend. Now go and collect a massive paycheque somewhere as a free transfer for the next two years then spend the rest of your life sipping Pina Coladas on a beach in Majorca.
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

midian's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 2,557
Posts
7,473
So will this be the moment that Torres steps up as Chelsea's #1 forward or will they break the bank on a new striker, keep playing 4-5-1 and leave Torres on the bench? Or sell him and start over?
hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

hipswinger's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 877
Posts
6,143

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

Interesting, especially if it's true that he wanted to take a penalty in the CL final and they didn't let him.

Basically if Chelsea persist with a 4-5-1 and he's not the 1, he has to go -- especially if Drogba re-signs. He's 28 or 29 isn't he? This should be the peak of his career. He has one world cup left in him and that's it.

The problem he has is no one is going to fork up anything like what Chelsea paid for him, and I highly doubt that Abramovich is ready to tank 25 million or so on yet another player that didn't work out after a huge transfer fee. It would likely have to be somewhere out of the Premier League who has big sugar daddies with 40m+ to waste (PSG, Malaga, Anzhi etc).

I seriously doubt that Drogba will stay.
ARSENAL FC
1st Div / EPL Winner - 13 Times
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
League Cup Winner - 2 Times
Euro Cup Winner Cup Winner- 1 Time
EPL 4th Place Winner - 15 Times
EPLFinancial Cup Winner - 8 times
EPL Grounderkeeper Winner - 3 Times
Box to Box Possesion without scoring Winner - 8 times
hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

hipswinger's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 877
Posts
6,143

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

So will this be the moment that Torres steps up as Chelsea's #1 forward or will they break the bank on a new striker, keep playing 4-5-1 and leave Torres on the bench? Or sell him and start over?

I'd keep him for sure.
Sell him, they will splurge on someone else. So splurge on a Hazard and have him and Mata feeding him.
ARSENAL FC
1st Div / EPL Winner - 13 Times
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
League Cup Winner - 2 Times
Euro Cup Winner Cup Winner- 1 Time
EPL 4th Place Winner - 15 Times
EPLFinancial Cup Winner - 8 times
EPL Grounderkeeper Winner - 3 Times
Box to Box Possesion without scoring Winner - 8 times
nickko +

Why would I not have a nice day?

nickko's Avatar
Joined
Oct '03
Times thanked
< 4,463
Posts
17,576
Article in the Guardian this morning suggests Torres won't be sold.
I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
Acperience 1 +

Registered User

Acperience 1's Avatar
Joined
Mar '12
Times thanked
< 861
Posts
2,428

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

I'd have done the same if I was him too: leave on the highest of highs as a club legend. Now go and collect a massive paycheque somewhere as a free transfer for the next two years then spend the rest of your life sipping Pina Coladas on a beach in Majorca.

Yep. Not a bad way to retire at well under 40 years old

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

hipswinger's Avatar
Joined
Sep '03
Times thanked
< 877
Posts
6,143
Dortmund wanting 20m for Kagawa.
That's us done and dusted for him, lucky we got in early for pmg.
ARSENAL FC
1st Div / EPL Winner - 13 Times
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
League Cup Winner - 2 Times
Euro Cup Winner Cup Winner- 1 Time
EPL 4th Place Winner - 15 Times
EPLFinancial Cup Winner - 8 times
EPL Grounderkeeper Winner - 3 Times
Box to Box Possesion without scoring Winner - 8 times
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

midian's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 2,557
Posts
7,473

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickko View Post

Article in the Guardian this morning suggests Torres won't be sold.

Nickko a Guardian reader? I'd have never taken you for a man with good taste
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

danmau5's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
< 3,445
Posts
9,631
who will break the bank on falcao?
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

jdoodle's Avatar
Joined
Nov '01
Times thanked
< 2,207
Posts
16,889
yeah, he will go to china or somewhere, good to see him ni the asia champs league hopefully!
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

midian's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 2,557
Posts
7,473
Sydney FC Marquee signing
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts