Sport and Fitness

NBA 2011-2012 thread

Tools
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
KARMA at its finest...Wade had a shocker of 5 points and Pacers smash them! Miami coach is panicking without Bosh, his player selection / rotation has been crap and proves that they lack depth big time...Pacers gotta win the series from here on in now!
[Put Signature Here]
TroyShaun +

Registered Drug User

Times thanked
< 339
you got the league MVP and a 1 time finals MVP there, what's going on Miami...

3 time MVP, Zero rings and not counting.
hammm +

Times thanked
< 496
gotta love the respect shown by wade getting in the ear of his coach. all class
compressed +

<3 jessica simpson

Times thanked
< 204
haha heat.

now if the spurs could pull their finger out and get on with eliminating the clippers...
"its kind of like crystal meth freebased in a bong full of foamed milk" | _soundcloud
SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
< 103

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackmasta View Post

KARMA at its finest...Wade had a shocker of 5 points and Pacers smash them! Miami coach is panicking without Bosh, his player selection / rotation has been crap and proves that they lack depth big time...Pacers gotta win the series from here on in now!

hahahahaha. *ahem*. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

37 minutes and 5 points?! nice one d-train.
Strech +

Times thanked
< 194
Hip Hop | House | Re-Edits

http://soundcloud.com/kid-deep
Strech +

Times thanked
< 194
FFS

Another lead blown in the final 3 mins. Fatigue is a big issue Kobe's trying to do it all 1-8 last qtr & no one on the team has anything in the tank left. Goodbye game in OKC surely now.

sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56
moving KD onto KB in the last minutes seemed to pay off for the thunder. Harden has had a couple of off games but the lakers couldn't capitalise.

Durant really is cold-blooded in the clutch. What a scorer.
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strech View Post

FFS

Another lead blown in the final 3 mins. Fatigue is a big issue Kobe's trying to do it all 1-8 last qtr & no one on the team has anything in the tank left. Goodbye game in OKC surely now.

He forgets his up against a younger team and his not 21 anymore I don't think its about the others having no tank left, more about everyone's too scared to step up...be a interesting off-season in LA land.

And, that story about Steve Blake getting abused and threats on Twitters because of that missed shot in the previous game...FFS, too over the top!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneaky hands View Post

moving KD onto KB in the last minutes seemed to pay off for the thunder. Harden has had a couple of off games but the lakers couldn't capitalise.

Durant really is cold-blooded in the clutch. What a scorer.

It's what makes a good team...when one of your superstars having a form slump, the rest picks up the slack, can't say much about the Faker team though

C'mon ya Spurs...down more than 20 and final score is winning by 10
[Put Signature Here]
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 1,924
Durant has to be one of the best clutch shooters in the game. Such a beast.
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Farking Pacers...you let Wade and LBJ combine 70 farking points to win the game??? FFS!!! Pull your heads in!

Meanwhile...SPURS SPURS SPURS!!! WOOT WOOT!
[Put Signature Here]
compressed +

<3 jessica simpson

Times thanked
< 204
<insert broom gif here>
"its kind of like crystal meth freebased in a bong full of foamed milk" | _soundcloud
Strech +

Times thanked
< 194

Quote:

He forgets his up against a younger team and his not 21 anymore I don't think its about the others having no tank left, more about everyone's too scared to step up...be a interesting off-season in LA land.

Nah you could tell that Gasol & Bynum started to fade out pretty quickly in the last 2 qtrs. All their shots were falling flat & they were looking gassed. Still didn't help that our offense was carbon copy Cleveland "Get out and let LBJ do something" & Kobe was taking highly contested jumpers.

Either way I said it before we reached our ceiling now it's onto next year & seeing what trades are going to be done.

As much as I hate to admit it but Spurs look like a lock for the Finals, will be a close one in the OKC series but I just see OKC once again falling short cos the Spurs experience will come through.

sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56
yeah, can't say I have high hopes for anything other than a spurs final. Anyone see the after game interview with parker and duncan? i swear greg "anything to win" popovich has removed all his players brains and replaced them with basketball-focused supercomputers than can't do anything other than play basketball. They were mumbling like they'd just had lobotomies.

Bryant has been pretty big time in this series so far but even when they won at the end of game three he missed several shots to win it before getting fouled. You can tell he's absolutely buggered by the end of the games. Jeez he pulled some sweet moves in game 4 though.

lebron and wade were huge today - wade went what, 10 for 11 or something? Looked like the heat barely shot from outside about 4 feet from the basket.
Yorke Hunt +

Times thanked
< 46
durant is so money. has come up with some seriously big game winners. even when he hasnt been on point, westbrook has been able to carry the team for 3 and a half quarters, just long enough to give KD the ball as the final seconds tick down. tell you what though, i nearly died when westbrook hit the deck at half time and struggled to get back up. thought it was all over...

okc and spurs is going to be a tough series. i am hoping okc do get through, but the spurs are looking too solid right now.

i am also hoping that the pacers win 2 more haha
May Mix Available Now: http://soundcloud.com/yorkehunt/yorke-hunt-may-2010
soundcloud.com/yorkehunt : twitter.com/yorkehunt : facebook.com/yorkehunt : myspace.com/yorkehunt
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strech View Post

As much as I hate to admit it but Spurs look like a lock for the Finals, will be a close one in the OKC series but I just see OKC once again falling short cos the Spurs experience will come through.

OKC have been sloppy against LA really, just those clutch plays by Durant and LA faltering in the closing stages saved them...we have to contain KD's scoring dominance...we have a number of players that we can rotate around and guard him (thank god for our depth)...Westbrook will be a handful with his explosive energy/speed though, much tougher opponent for TP to go up against compared to a not so 100% CP3...I do see TD dominating in the paint...be a very interesting series...

Meanwhile, the Bold & the Beautiful saga in Orlando has started...Van Gundy and Otis Smith....GONE!
[Put Signature Here]
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 225
bye bye Lakers.....

Bynum has been shite this series. Makes me laugh when Lakers fans were convincing themselves he was as good as Howard. 4 boards in 35min is a disgrace for someone of his calibre. No ticker.
Come with us back to those inglorious days when heroes weren't zeros. Before fair was square. When the cavalry came straight away and all-American men were like Hemingway to the days of the wondrous B movie. Gil Scott-Heron
Strech +

Times thanked
< 194
Bynum had some solid games this season & I'd defo say he had a better season than Dwight with injuries & coach killing included.

Still Bynum for Dwight sign & trade as Orlando blow shit up & rebuild & Gasol to another team for some extra pieces will be the aim for next seasons trade talks.
sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56
In my opinion, barring personality clashes etc, the core of the lakers is solid and potentially championship winning. Ditching bynum and pau would be stupid.

They need a new coach more than they need to split apart their big three.
Locito +

Chile 1 Argentina 0

Times thanked
< 62
I'm still gutted about the Bulls!! i thought this was our year...
NEEDS A TICKET TO LUCIANO SYD!!
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 1,924

Quote:

Meanwhile, the Bold & the Beautiful saga in Orlando has started...Van Gundy and Otis Smith....GONE!

Terrible decision to get rid of Van Gundy, he has been doing the best he can with a rapidly worsening list. Franchise records in multiple categories, first game win in an NBA Finals series etc, the man is an excellent coach.

Given the continued implosion at the club, any chance of Magic hanging onto Howard is gone now. Pretty much can see a collapse ala post-Lebron Cavs. Going to be a tough few years for me as an Orlando supporter.

Otis Smith however, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 225

Quote:

In his exit interview, Metta World Peace was asked about coach Mike Brown.

Compared to Phil Jackson, he said, it was a "drastic change."

But then World Peace went to some trouble, apparently to make clear he was not blaming his coach for the Lakers' playoff departure.

"Mike wasn't out there guarding Kevin [Durant]," he explains. "That was me. Kevin scored on me. Mike didn't miss that 3-point shot. I missed it. Mike didn't come into camp out of shape."

Then he paused.

"Wait ... he did come in out of shape. Mike is a fat ass."

lol
Come with us back to those inglorious days when heroes weren't zeros. Before fair was square. When the cavalry came straight away and all-American men were like Hemingway to the days of the wondrous B movie. Gil Scott-Heron
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 225

Quote:

But that's the thing — if you love basketball and (more important) love watching basketball played correctly, the 2012 San Antonio Spurs have a way of grabbing your attention. They play beautifully together. They pull for each other. They make each other better. They score so easily, and in so many different ways, that you almost can't even process all the different plays as a whole. On Saturday, they eviscerated the Clippers by scoring 24 straight points in the third quarter, bringing back memories of the '86 Celtics dropping 25 straight against the Hawks in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. The biggest difference: The Spurs did it on the road. The biggest similarity: Everything else.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...pse-chronicles

Simmons must be impressed if he is comparing them to the '86 Celtics.
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 225
Some farking brutal flagrants in today’s pacers-heat game.

Exhibit A:
Media Player
YouTube

Exhibit B:
Media Player
YouTube

Exhibit C:
Media Player
YouTube

wow
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneaky hands View Post

In my opinion, barring personality clashes etc, the core of the lakers is solid and potentially championship winning. Ditching bynum and pau would be stupid.

They need a new coach more than they need to split apart their big three.

That's the point though, the personality and mentality of the team has gone AWOL = team playing shit...think its time for Pau to move on as his ability is deteriorating and maybe a new team can revitalise him and guessing Kobe would like to have a new 2nd in command guy from the looks of it....Bynnum, his always going to be a liability due to him always being immature and being a knob...

And the coach...everyone knew he was a shit appointment...and everyone can take credit for being correct

Quote:

Originally Posted by primalstatik View Post

Terrible decision to get rid of Van Gundy, he has been doing the best he can with a rapidly worsening list. Franchise records in multiple categories, first game win in an NBA Finals series etc, the man is an excellent coach.

Given the continued implosion at the club, any chance of Magic hanging onto Howard is gone now. Pretty much can see a collapse ala post-Lebron Cavs. Going to be a tough few years for me as an Orlando supporter.

Otis Smith however, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I think it was time for a coaching change tbh...wasn't he voted the coach that the players would least want to play for? Just saying. Either way, whether Howard didn't want him or they potentially heading to re-building stage...Magic needed a new strategy with a new coach with new ideas and all...and Smith...I agree with you there lol

re: Howard, don't know about him leaving, I think Magic is in a better position now to retain Howard long-term because if reports were true...he disliked Stan and Smith and now are both gone...Howard wanted the power to contribute to the team so he gets his chance now to throw his 10c worth on deciding the next new coach and GM...but looking at the facts...maybe the reason for opting in to stay with Magic is because he knew both will be out at season's end? Leading him to be a Magic for life?
[Put Signature Here]

Last edited by Trackmasta: 23-May-12 at 02:26pm

Strech +

Times thanked
< 194
So we all off the Indiana wagon? Faaaark they coulda done it had they taken care of business at home!

Ahh well
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 1,924
This is the problem though, when you have a player with that much influence calling the shots (if the reports are true), you are destined to fail. You can pretty much see the downwards trend as soon as Otis Smith decided to fix what ain't broke after Orlando was not good enough against a far superior Lakers team in the finals. Trading in players with little growth or room for improvement and too old (ie Arenas, Richardson etc) and a complete implosion of the team surrounding Nelson and Howard. How could Stan be expected to get a completely different team dynamic back into championship contention? I thought it was amazing we even made the semi finals in 09-10 let alone the playoffs in 10-11 tbh. Put any other coach in that position and I doubt you could do much better.

I am happy to be surprised and it would be terrific if Howard remains at Orlando for years to come, but it seems unlikely. Post season B&B drama for sure.
Strech +

Times thanked
< 194
Shit that last video is the worst... specially when it's a blow out.

Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Man...Pacers got to be the luckiest team this season's playoffs...first round they play Orlando with their main man...Howard out injured...then in the second round, Bosh out injured...too bad they can't finish Heat off with this kind of luck...but wait...now Haslem is suspended for one game and Pittman out for 3 games with flagrant fouls (farking dirty fouls and Hansborough's foul on Wade was ok as he was attempting the block so good that he wasn't suspended)...Pittman wouldn't of made a difference but Haslem leaves a bit of a dent for the Heat in game 6...if Pacers can't win game 6 well, you guys are useless....just get Bird to buy a lottery ticket seeing how much luck they have gotten already...
[Put Signature Here]
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by primalstatik View Post

This is the problem though, when you have a player with that much influence calling the shots (if the reports are true), you are destined to fail. You can pretty much see the downwards trend as soon as Otis Smith decided to fix what ain't broke after Orlando was not good enough against a far superior Lakers team in the finals. Trading in players with little growth or room for improvement and too old (ie Arenas, Richardson etc) and a complete implosion of the team surrounding Nelson and Howard. How could Stan be expected to get a completely different team dynamic back into championship contention? I thought it was amazing we even made the semi finals in 09-10 let alone the playoffs in 10-11 tbh. Put any other coach in that position and I doubt you could do much better.

I am happy to be surprised and it would be terrific if Howard remains at Orlando for years to come, but it seems unlikely. Post season B&B drama for sure.

I actually rate Van Gundy as a coach but think its time for Orlando to move on to a new strategy altogether...he always continually gets scrutinised by the media and the media love the attention/drama that Howard doesn't like him...

Jerry Sloan appearing in the headlines for the Orlando job...think his a has-been though...need to find a younger coach right? But not much out there right?
[Put Signature Here]
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 225
Sloan would be weird choice to replace Van Gundy. Very similar style coaches. If Howard didn't like Van Gundy yelling at him he aint going to like Jerry Sloan spitting f-bombs.
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
How does this work...defensive player of the year, Chandler is in the All-NBA Defensive "SECOND" Team, not the first team (Howard took that center spot)
[Put Signature Here]
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by trist View Post

Sloan would be weird choice to replace Van Gundy. Very similar style coaches. If Howard didn't like Van Gundy yelling at him he aint going to like Jerry Sloan spitting f-bombs.

The B&B drama is starting to take shape in Orlando even though the NBA season hasn't even finished yet...further to the Sloan rumour (his also expected to interview the Bobcats job)...Shaq GM for the Magic

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/79...-orlando-magic

I think the media is just taking the p1ss now
[Put Signature Here]
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 1,924
Shaq GM
compressed +

<3 jessica simpson

Times thanked
< 204
i can't believe pittman only got 3 games. that hit was stupidly dangerous, was not a play at all, and with the wink he did shows that it was quite possibly premeditated. should've been 5+.

(yeah i know it doesn't matter as he isn't important, but shit...you can't intentionally elbow some in the throat like that, throw the fucking book at him)
compressed +

<3 jessica simpson

Times thanked
< 204
Media Player
Kobye - The Kobe That We Used To Know (Gotye- Somebody That I Used To Know Parody) - YouTube
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92
Watched the first half today (on plane to Brisvegas). Wade was on fire - and seemed to carry it throughing seeing the highlights

Need Boston to go through!
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 225
awesome.
Strech +

Times thanked
< 194
that youtube clip faaaarkin LOL

So Celtics - Heat in the East that's gonna be a tough series have the Celtics got any juice left in the tank left? Will Lebron fade out again in the 4th qtrs in close games? Pierce-Wade matchup will be on can see a lot of cheap shots from D-Wade in this one.

trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 225
Missing Bradley's defence on Wade will be huge. Ray is moving like a 50 year old on defence because of his ankle. In saying that, with Bosh out they have nobody to defend KG. He will need to have another huge series for the Celtics to win, as will Rondo.
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Rondo should be all over this C's and Heat series...there's no one on the Heat to match-up with his speed and if he drives to the lane your not really going to find a Heat big man to block him...maybe they will put in the dirty fouls for stopping him coming into the paint.

C's have to find a way to defend without Bradley and Heat don't have Bosh...should be a good series...hoping LBJ goes into hiding in the 4th quarters
[Put Signature Here]
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 225
Quiet in here......All the Spurs fans have recorded the game to watch tonight have they?
compressed +

<3 jessica simpson

Times thanked
< 204
personally speaking, i know the result and will watch it on league pass tonight, so i can't comment on the game yet. happy with the result though.
sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56
just watched the game. Spurs execution and defensive adjustments going into that last quarter won it for them.
I thought OKC got themselves into foul trouble which lead to a reluctance to challenge ginobli and duncan in the paint in the last quarter, but all credit to the spurs for sucking the offensive fouls out of them. Popovich clearly has the tactical edge at the moment.
having said that, westbrook and durant both missed dunks, harden played like shit, they struggled with foul trouble and they still only lost by 3, so the series is far from over.

I'm struggling with the fact that after hating d fisher for so many years in a lakers uniform, i actually kinda like him now.
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Carn Spurs! Think Coach Pop went off at the Spurs players in the 4th and then the players responded...Manu was awesome...definitely fired up the team with a strong finish in the 4th. Hopefully, we can get game 2 and steal a W in game 3 or 4...

Fisher...he just loves playing against the Spurs aye? lol
[Put Signature Here]
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Can I just say that OKC are a bunch of ****s. They have stupid faces. Westbrook looks like he sulks 90% of the time when shit doesnt go his way and durant looks like a jazz musician thats addicted to meth. Awesome shooter though
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 225

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post

Can I just say that OKC are a bunch of ****s. They have stupid faces. Westbrook looks like he sulks 90% of the time when shit doesnt go his way and durant looks like a jazz musician thats addicted to meth. Awesome shooter though

trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 225
Carn Celts!
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post

durant looks like a jazz musician thats addicted to meth. Awesome shooter though

Love this line. Cack
[Put Signature Here]
TroyShaun +

Registered Drug User

Times thanked
< 339
here we go again, that one time that i am going to back the Celtics, hope these geriatric dudes can still throw hard fouls.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »