Sport and Fitness

Football Transfers 2012: Van Persie not the only one to Walcott the door

Closed thread
  Tools
hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

Times thanked
< 855
What's this I'm hearing that David Dein is being lined up for the football directors job at History ????
ARSENAL FC
1st Div / EPL Winner - 13 Times
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
League Cup Winner - 2 Times
Euro Cup Winner Cup Winner- 1 Time
EPL 4th Place Winner - 15 Times
EPLFinancial Cup Winner - 8 times
EPL Grounderkeeper Winner - 3 Times
Box to Box Possesion without scoring Winner - 8 times
Bism +

hurrr

Times thanked
< 17,358
Nooo, he's the good Dein.
hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

Times thanked
< 855

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

Sydney FC Marquee signing

It's what the a league needs, frogs in another 2-3-4 years would be awesome.
ARSENAL FC
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
Apparently Dein is the one giving the advice in regards to the clean out and the new managers role. Word is that he already has the DOF role.

His past achievements seem pretty impressive. Also Capello seems to be in the hunt for the managers role , wouldn't be unhappy/

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

Times thanked
< 855
DD is the man. It would be massive if you guys get him, he can certainly change your fortunes.
It'd be another shit decision that KSE, PHW and board made.
ARSENAL FC
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

Times thanked
< 855
Every top line agent has commented on DD and how highly respected he is in football. Sadly these same agents have never heard a thing from Gazidis.
#kroenkeout
ARSENAL FC
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
His son also runs a pretty big management stable doesn't he?

I really would love to see him get the role but for some reason i can't see him coming. Txiki Begiristain also linked, dunno much about him except he is ex Barca.

Quote:

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

Times thanked
< 855
Yep. Darren Dein, but it's not that relevant IMO.

We should still have him here, but as usual ego's rule over logic.
ARSENAL FC
FA Cup Winner - 11 Times
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,361
Sell Berbatov for 8-10 mil.
Buy Torres for 20 mil.
??????
Profit?

Could be worth a punt, I reckon he would enjoy the likes of Young, Valencia and Nani feeding him.....
midian +

Baby you're a firework

Times thanked
< 2,492

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipswinger View Post

What's this I'm hearing that David Dein is being lined up for the football directors job at History ????

Very savvy business move by the owners if that's true. Word is they’re cutting investment on transfers and entering a 5 year rebuilding phase where they’ll focus on youth development whilst balancing the books and focusing all financing on building the new stadium. That means they’ll lose players who are hunting for short-term glory but the club will be much better off in the long-run.

After spending 35 million on Downing and Henderson, who can blame them for not wanting to spend any more. They’ll be looking at the Arsenal (and most recent Newcastle) model and buying undervalued players from the continent on the cheap, priming them and selling for profit. Moneyball!

Also interesting fact that I never knew: Liverpool never paid a cent for Carroll. The deal for Torres was 15million plus Carroll, meaning Chelsea had to pay whatever Newcastle wanted and in the end it was them that settled on 35m for him and paid that transfer fee. Ha! Maybe that’s very old news to you all but I only learned that yesterday.
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516

Quote:

Also interesting fact that I never knew: Liverpool never paid a cent for Carroll. The deal for Torres was 15million plus Carroll, meaning Chelsea had to pay whatever Newcastle wanted and in the end it was them that settled on 35m for him and paid that transfer fee. Ha! Maybe that’s very old news to you all but I only learned that yesterday.

Is that real life? lol never heard that before.

So we got Andy Carroll and 15m for Torres lolololol @ Chelsea.

Quote:

Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,272

Quote:

I'd have done the same if I was him too: leave on the highest of highs as a club legend. Now go and collect a massive paycheque somewhere as a free transfer for the next two years then spend the rest of your life sipping Pina Coladas on a beach in Majorca.

This is exactly what i posted a few days ago.

He has nothing else to achieve @ The Chelsk.

I couldnt think of a better way to go knowing the last time you kicked a ball for The Chelsk you won them the Champions League & created the biggest celebration in the clubs history.

So i cant see Torres being released unless we get at least 30mill for him which prob aint gunna happen.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

Times thanked
< 3,564
we win the ucl first time in our history and Now our two Main strikers want to leave,

I can understand Drogba , You have been the best, all the best for the future, all of us chelsea fans will miss you, you are a true chelsea Legend, Blue for life

and Then you have Torres, wtf he says this now after we win the ucl, you could've said this earlier, don't whats going to happen to our strikers now, i know drogba is leaving but if they sell torres we are fucked, Daniel Sturridge is not the best striker right now, so that leaves Romelu Lukaku or to get a massive striker to fill in drogba's booots, it will a very intesting offseason for Chelsea thats for sure.
nickko +

Why would I not have a nice day?

Times thanked
< 4,376
No surprise that Didier is signing on with one of the biggest pack of **** diving teams in football.
I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
midian +

Baby you're a firework

Times thanked
< 2,492

Quote:

Originally Posted by davecw View Post

Is that real life? lol never heard that before.

So we got Andy Carroll and 15m for Torres lolololol @ Chelsea.

Yeah 100% true, words straight from the mouth of Liverpool's MD. He was asked something about Carroll's price tag and said they never had any part in negotiating Carroll's transfer fee, the deal with Chelsea was they'd accept 15 million + Carroll for Torres and it was up to Chelsea to take care of the rest.

If they'd negotiated Carroll for 10m then the deal for Torres would have been only 25m, but Newcastle didn't want to sell and Chelsea were desperate so the total deal ended up at 50m.

All Pool had to do was negotiate wages once Chelsea had come to an agreement with Newcastle for the fee.
elhadjihenry +

Times thanked
< 743
I don't see why a liverpool fan would be lolling at that, instead of 50 million quid for Torres, you got 15 million and a donkey. Got ripped off imo
nickko +

Why would I not have a nice day?

Times thanked
< 4,376
...and then spent the 15m on Charlie Adam.
I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
elhadjihenry +

Times thanked
< 743
so in reality they swapped torres for 2 donkeys
Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,272

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

it will a very intesting offseason for Chelsea thats for sure.

Thats what i luv about being a Chelsk supporter.

Im sure Roman will have more good news for us than bad.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,361
Then you bought Stewart Downing.
midian +

Baby you're a firework

Times thanked
< 2,492

Quote:

Originally Posted by elhadjihenry View Post

so in reality they swapped torres for 2 donkeys

Yeah but Torres has hardly set the world alight at Chelsea.

It doesn't take an equine trader to figure out that one donkey in exchange for two younger donkeys is pretty decent business.
elhadjihenry +

Times thanked
< 743
Whether he is doing well at Chelsea is irrelevant to Liverpool, he was their best player and all I see the pool fans asking for now is a "world class striker", which is exactly what he was for them.

50 million quid then some subsequent bad buys still makes his sale a good deal for them, 15 million + carroll (who all pool fans have been lambasting all season), means its not imo

And definitely not one that liverpool fans should be lolling at
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,361
Stewart fucking downing.

DuncanM +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 1,725

Quote:

YIt doesn't take an equine trader to figure out that one donkey in exchange for two younger donkeys is pretty decent business.

Younger donkeys who no doubt cost more in wages between them than Torres did. The only winner is Newcastle, really.
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516

Quote:

Whether he is doing well at Chelsea is irrelevant to Liverpool, he was their best player and all I see the pool fans asking for now is a "world class striker", which is exactly what he was for them.

50 million quid then some subsequent bad buys still makes his sale a good deal for them, 15 million + carroll (who all pool fans have been lambasting all season), means its not imo

And definitely not one that liverpool fans should be lolling at

Torres before he was sold was playing even worse then Carroll .He went to Chelsea and bombed. Got rid of him at he right time imo.

They recruited badly using the spare money , move on im sure Liverpool fans are aware of this. I still think it's funny that people give us shit for spending 35 million on Carroll when it was actually Chelsea.

Quote:

patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,287

Quote:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOING TO SLIT MY WRISTS IF I HEAR THIS SHIT AGAIN. YOU DON'T SELL A FERRARI FOR 50M THEN SPEND 35M ON A TOYOTA CAROLLA JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOME MORE MONEY IN THE BANK.

CHELSEA WERE WILLING TO PAY 50M FOR TORRES - FACT. WE DIDN"T HAVE TO THEN GO AND WASTE 2/3 OF THE MONEY ON SOME CLOWN. THIS IS WHY DAMIEN COMOLLI GOT THE SACK.

worst logic ever!!!!!!!!
midian +

Baby you're a firework

Times thanked
< 2,492
The engine had fallen out of said Ferrari a good 12 months before you traded him in

Quote:

Torres before he was sold was playing even worse then Carroll .He went to Chelsea and bombed. Got rid of him at he right time imo.

Exactly. I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't forget how poor Torres form was towards the end of his Liverpool career.
elhadjihenry +

Times thanked
< 743

Quote:

They recruited badly using the spare money , move on im sure Liverpool fans are aware of this. I still think it's funny that people give us shit for spending 35 million on Carroll when it was actually Chelsea.

torres scored 9 goals in the first half of that season with pool, carroll has scored 6 in his 1.5 seasons with pool.

does not compute
midian +

Baby you're a firework

Times thanked
< 2,492

Quote:

torres scored 9 goals in the first half of that season with pool, carroll has scored 6 in his 1.5 seasons with pool.

Torres probably spent more time on the pitch in that half a season than Carroll has in the subsequent 1.5 seasons
elhadjihenry +

Times thanked
< 743
i could do the calculations to disprove that but cbf on mobile
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516

Quote:

does not compute

Stats in football only prove so much.

Torres was woeful , he looked disinterested and wasn't working hard at all. No debate in saying the recruitment of Carroll was a bad move butttttttttttt im just saying we got rid of Torres at the right time. Shadow of his old self /10000000000000000000000

Quote:

elhadjihenry +

Times thanked
< 743
the point of this discussion has been totally lost.

is carroll + 15 mill better than 50 mill in cash?

nope
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,287

Quote:

does not compute

exactly and i have a feeling him & suarez would link up a lot better than suarez & the donkey!

Quote:

the point of this discussion has been totally lost.

is carroll + 15 mill better than 50 mill in cash?

nope

right again!

"we want this guy + 15m" <---- that is not how you do business!
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,281
bateman's going to hipswing himself
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,467
Call me crazy but I think Torres will get back into form. It's not as if he doesn't have the talent, he just seems to be missing most of his confidence. He needs a fresh start and a move to another club could be just what he needs.
Not out of the question though for him to get back into form with Chelsea but it depends on the team structure.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,361
Torres to Utd it is!

RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,564

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

Call me crazy but I think Torres will get back into form. It's not as if he doesn't have the talent, he just seems to be missing most of his confidence. He needs a fresh start and a move to another club could be just what he needs.
Not out of the question though for him to get back into form with Chelsea but it depends on the team structure.

i have a feeling if torres stays he will be an awesome player for us now that King drogba is leaving, but its going depend on two things now

1. If They replace drogba

2, The team
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
Torres is never going to be the same as he was back in the day. If you can accept that and work with his strengths then he will still score goals and contribute but the days of him getting the ball and teams being scared are over.

Watching his highlight clips from Liverpool does still hurt though lol. He was amazing at one point.

Quote:

patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,287
still a lot better than andy carroll. if we never sold him we would be in a far better position right now...
midian +

Baby you're a firework

Times thanked
< 2,492
Torres and Balotelli both share similar traits in many ways. They're both unplayable in their prime, but they're also both little bitches that need a daddy type authority figure (Mancini/Benitez) to nurture them and make them feel special otherwise they put their heads down way too easily and sulk around the pitch being fucking useless.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,361

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

Call me crazy

So call me maybe.

I think I am still offchops from the weekend as thats the first thing that came to my mind reading your post. No more going to girls birthday parties and listening to shit music.

Someone shoot me.

Last edited by Hdb2: 22-May-12 at 05:38pm

Conor- +

Incorrectly using the semi colon; since 1996

Times thanked
< 1,396

Quote:

So will this be the moment that Torres steps up as Chelsea's #1 forward or will they break the bank on a new striker, keep playing 4-5-1 and leave Torres on the bench? Or sell him and start over?

They have to play him. Get some confidence into him.

They only real other striker we have is Sturridge, and 1) he's been playing wing all year and 2) He's been on the outer since RDM came in.

So have a few players - Romeu is the other big one.

And Lukaku is off in Bremen
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 5,650
think we may see paizon get some games next season. anyways. an ideal situation would be getting falcao in exchange for 30millie or so and torres on loan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
metaphorikal +

u mad

Times thanked
< 1,740

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hdb2 View Post

So call me maybe.

I think I am still offchops from the weekend as thats the first thing that came to my mind reading your post. No more going to girls birthday parties and listening to shit music.

Someone shoot me.

All the good pills were bound to reach perth sometime

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

fucked international break at it yet again fuck off already

DrugfuctDonkey +

Times thanked
< 1,905
Looks like Toon are going to make a £3-4M bid for Mark Davies from Bolton.

Will be happy if we get him. Would give us some good depth in Midfield.
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,123
but he isnt french? lol
toon signings have all been pretty excellent, i trust their judgement
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
DrugfuctDonkey +

Times thanked
< 1,905

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

but he isnt french? lol
toon signings have all been pretty excellent, i trust their judgement

Yeah I have faith. The great run of signings won't last forever but he looks class...... just been held back by injury at important times in his career so far.

Media Player
Mark Davies - Bolton 2012 - YouTube
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 854
seems like anyone gets their own youtube compilation these days

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

DrugfuctDonkey +

Times thanked
< 1,905
Just the digital age innit

Besides, if Pool looked at one of his youtube compilations, maybe they would have realised someone like him represents far better value than a £20M Jordan Henderson
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Times thanked
< 3,564
its Offical Didier Drogba Is Leaving Chelseafc at The end of June

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelseafc Website

On the day his departure from Chelsea was announced, Didier Drogba was at Stamford Bridge talking to Chelsea TV. The full interview will be on Blues News this evening (Tuesday) and is also online but in a clip that can be viewed above, he thanks the fans for the support they have given him over the eight years.
In another clip below, Drogba speaks about informing his team-mates of his decision to leave.

Media Player
Chelsea FC - Exclusive Drogba Interview - YouTube

Media Player
Didier Drogba best goals - YouTube

Media Player
YouTube

Media Player
YouTube

Media Player
Didier Drogba - 10 best goals - YouTube

Thank you Didier Drogba For Helping us Win our very first Uefa Champions League, 3 English Premier Leagues Titles, 3 Carling Cups, 4 FA Cups, You have scored so many fantasic goals over the last 8 years (157), you are a true Chelsea Legend, all the Best for the future, all hail King Drobga, Chelseafc will never forget you.

4000 Posts bitches fuck Yeah
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »