Closed thread
  Tools
kris-ko +

KoThnxBai

Times thanked
< 260

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambretta View Post

Thanks for admitting you were lucky. Now say after me "I'm sorry NSW, that win was embarrassing"

"I'm sorry NSW"? I don't understand these words.
Words I've Written
Skins (free downloads of deep/tech/prog house originals)
Fromage Of Reason (DJ mix of house reboots of pop classics - Hall & Oates, NKOTB, et al)

Times thanked
< 2,002
Just to clarify what lamb is saying - Queensland are all ****s.

Got it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

Enlightened, morally strong sports fans follow the NRL.

Lambretta +

Now Aussie....STILL dodgy

Times thanked
< 884

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris-ko View Post

"I'm sorry NSW"? I don't understand these words.

They're letters

Even Queenslanders know their alphabet from their knock on's...... oh hold on.

No, carry on. No apology needed, what was I thinking? Sheesh.
Never mind the bollocks
Here's Lambretta
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,255

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

People coming into the thread thinking they know shit calling it rugby or a penalty goal a field goal. Lol. Fuck off back to your rugby thread or afl thread where you belong and leave us new south Welshman to be butthurt in our league thread. Kthnx.

I played from under 7's for Wynnum-Manly in Brisbane then under 8's until opens for Burpengary Jets also in Brisbane, played schoolboy footy grand final at lang park too.
I have always called any kick for goal a field goal, well actually I have always called them a "kick for goal". I've noticed the term "short side" has started being used for the blind-side, if I say blindside am I no longer in the know?
Thats a pretty pissweak way to try take someone out of the argument.
Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.
dAvoZ +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
< 30
So much butthurt from those ref decisions. Welcome to how Queenslanders have felt for the first 25 years of Origin.

Inglis try - Farah did put his leg out in an attempt to either tackle Inglis or dislodge the football. He is therefore playing at the ball. I do however think it is still a knock on because it hits Inglis' forearm again before hitting the ground. I can see where the refs are coming from saying that at that point he is not playing at the ball. Its a tough decision that can technically be correct, but the NRL have lost the plot regarding ball security in all matches.

Jennings sin bin - Fair call. No problem with him running into an all-in brawl/tussle. Problem with jumping up and going for a king hit as your first action. It was a dog act. If that was a Queenslander you'd be baying for blood.

Bird tackle - It WAS past the horizontal. On replay it was only marginally past the horizontal but its still a penalty. Refs get to see it in one second. Its an acceptable call. If they let it go then that would have been fine too.

NSW had dominance for first 15min and only got 4 points out of it. We found a way to win despite our poor form and I think we were overall the better side. Stuart shooting the team in the foot by only using 15 men. Farah proving what a fool the selectors have been for the past 5 years.
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,286
There was a headline in a Sydney newspaper that read:

"G.I. JOKE"

BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,249
hearing the dogs have all but signed t-rex?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,255

Quote:

If you are talking about "Greg Inglis" when the players line up at the beginning and announce their JUNIOR club - Greg Inglis's comes up as BOWRAVILLE TIGERS. A team based SOUTH of Coffs Harbour.

Greg Inglis originally played SENIOR football in the Newcastle comp. Newcastle is further south than Coffs Harbour. Both places are in New South Wales. Greg only played in Brisbane when he was placed there by the Melbourne Storm as a junior player with their feeder club which was Brisbane Norths.

Greg Inglis has no connection with Queensland other than the fact that they tried to pick an ineligible player and he agreed as he didn't want to wait for Mark Gasnier and Jamie Lyon to retire from NSW before playing rep football. Nothing more.

I wasnt actually talking about him at all but shit hey, checked wiki for the hell of it anyway.

Stolen from wiki

Quote:

Spoiler:

His selection in the Queensland squad (along with teammate Israel Folau) caused some controversy. Inglis was born and raised in Bowraville, New South Wales, and played his first senior football in NSW (in the Arrive Alive Cup). League statistician David Middleton believed that Inglis should be playing for NSW.[12] The matter was resolved when the ARL gave Inglis the green light to play for Queensland, because it ruled that his first senior football was at Wavell High. However, later investigations revealed that Inglis played his first senior game for Newcastle's Hunter Sports High School at the age of 16, and is therefore technically not eligible to play for Queensland. [13] However, Inglis went on to begin his State of Origin career with the Maroons. A few early errors were soon forgotten when Inglis scored two tries and saved one. Unfortunately for Inglis, this was not enough for Queensland to win the match.

Very interesting that they keep allowing him to be picked, not that i'm complaining but my original comment was more in terms of whoever it was having a go at whitey for being a NSW turncoat or some such shit.
My point was intended to show that being born in the particular state doesnt mean you have to support that state.
Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,362
Hey Lam, can you outline Tamou's history and how he is eligible for NSW?

Ill add extra points if you cry even more than last time.

Edit - spelling.

Last edited by Whitey1981: 25-May-12 at 08:38am

Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,362

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragedmachine View Post

ok, I question at what point does it become a knock on as opposed to a rebound. Seems like it is a matter of interpretation.

If Inglis was looking at the football as it hit his forearm, would that be considered a rebound as well? Because in sport, where your eyes go is generally where the intention is.

I will concede if that's what the rule book states.

But your argument was about Farah's intention, which was not the issue here.

Now let's talk about the real controversy here, about how QLDs dominance would have been only 3 years if Farah was kept in the blues side since 09

I never argued anything, I told you the rules and why it was a try - which was backed up by the head of the referees.

A simple 'Im wrong' will suffice, rather than carrying on with the butthurt and personal digs, which only highlight who the classless supporters really are.
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,291
Can someone please pass me a tissue, it seems I've run out.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,988

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitey1981 View Post

Hey Lam, can you outline Tanous's history and how he is eligible for NSW?

Ill add extra points if you cry even more than last time.

Edit - spelling.

Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
Tamou > Manu > Queensland Origin Team
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,362
Sorry guys about the spelling, love me some MKR

James Tamou born 13 December 1988 in Palmerston North, NZ.

Tamou has twice represented the New Zealand Māori, in 2008 and 2010. He played for the Junior Kiwis in 2007. In 2011 he was selected in the New Zealand national team's train-on squad for the Four Nations, although he was not selected in the final squad for the tournament.

After much speculation, Tamou turned his back on New Zealand, pledging to New South Wales in a hope to play State of Origin football.

In other words, couldn't crack into the NZ side and so changed his allegiances to Australia.

Now what was that thing someone was saying about Origin vs Choice?

You couldn't make this shit up.

Ragedmachine +

Times thanked
< 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitey1981 View Post

I never argued anything, I told you the rules and why it was a try - which was backed up by the head of the referees.

A simple 'Im wrong' will suffice, rather than carrying on with the butthurt and personal digs, which only highlight who the classless supporters really are.

You kept banging on about 51 secs when Farah went to intentionally kick the ball out. No shit batman, that's not even what this incident is all about. Harrigan didn't even need to highlight that part.

My point was the knock on off the forearm, which you could not even once tell me otherwise instead of just posting .jpgs. Now you're sack riding Harrigan as if he came out and backed your case.

I never once got personal, unless you interpret picking out your ninja edits, adding phrases onto quotes and pointing out grammatical errors as personal?

P.S. You still spelt Tamou wrong.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
there's a Palmerston in Australia... I'm surprised QLD didnt try and pull a swifty first, oh wait they did... G.I.
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,015
The more worrying fact for me is Pearce doesn't seem to have anything in his bag of tricks in terms of setting tries up apart from putting up big bombs. Even then half the bombs he puts up he's under too much pressure.

We were killing QLD making the metres all game. T-Rex, Tamou, Gallen and Bird were all pressing the advantage line most of the time and getting us down the field. When it came time to threaten their line though it seems like we take the foot off the pedal. Our backline needs to get deeper and Carney and Pearce need to start running the ball and putting Hayne, Jennings, Uate in attacking positions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/

Last edited by Davomaxi: 25-May-12 at 08:57am

Reason: Optional

Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,362

Quote:

You kept banging on about 51 secs when Farah went to intentionally kick the ball out. No shit batman, that's not even what this incident is all about. Harrigan didn't even need to highlight that part.

A number of posters said he (farah) didn't play at it.
I pointed to the rules, video evidence and stated multiple times he did.
Harrigan supported this 'Robbie Farah, in desperation to prevent the try, changed his running gait and threw his leg out. In doing so, he dislodged the ball, so therefore it is deemed that he played at the ball.'

Quote:

Now you're sack riding Harrigan as if he came out and backed your case.

I knews the rules, stated them on here and explained why it was a try.
It's no coincidence that the Referees co-coach also said it was a try.
You're wrong again, deal with it

Quote:

P.S. You still spelt Tamou wrong.

For more information on this post, visit kotaku.com.au/tags/grand-theft-auto-v/
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,362
Tony Williams out for at least six weeks with injury and is expected to join Bulldogs from 2013

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226366201416

IN a double blow for defending premiers Manly, blockbusting Blues forward Tony Williams has been sidelined for at least six weeks with a back injury and is expected to sign with the Canterbury Bulldogs any day.
The injury will also rule "T-Rex" out of the remainder of the Origin series, leaving Blues coach Ricky Stuart without his most forceful attacking forward.

Williams suffered the injury not long after he came on as a second-half replacement. He was seen writhing on the ground in agony, unable to get to his feet.

It was first diagnosed as severe bruising and Williams was fine to carry his own luggage back on the flight to Sydney.

Scans late yesterday afternoon confirmed damage in the lower back and that he would be out for up to two months.

Williams, who returned in Origin from a seven-week suspension, is expected to announce his signing with Canterbury over the weekend.

Manly have fallen short in matching offers for the explosive forward from the Eels and the Bulldogs because of the money required to keep Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran, Steve Matai and Brett Stewart at Brookvale.

The lure for Williams at Belmore is being reunited with premiership-winning coach Des Hasler and playing alongside his best mate, Kiwi Krisnan Inu.

With Williams out of the Origin side on top of Tariq Sims' broken leg last weekend, Stuart will almost certainly have to recall Anthony Watmough for Origin II on June 13.
For more information on this post, visit kotaku.com.au/tags/grand-theft-auto-v/
budoo +

Times thanked
< 243
Fucking hell Lam, tone down the hyperbole. The refs made one glaring mistake, in my opinion, which was penalising Greg Bird for that great tackle (though as I explained, they probably just penalised him for being the biggest **** on the field which is deserved).

Other than that you've got a bunch of opinions on other calls that are heavily dictated by the team you play for so I'll stick with agreeing to the head ref's confirmations if you don't mind. Even in this very thread you NSW supporters can't agree on what aspect of Inglis' try was illegal. Some say Farah didn't play at the ball, others say he did and the issue is the apparent knock-on that followed. When there is so much doubt even on your side of the fence, the benefit of that doubt should go to the attacking team (it should've been a benefit of the doubt try, IMO).

Then you've got the Jennings incident where some of you think charging in from 30 metres to throw a swinging haymaker to the back of Tate's head was fine in the context of origin, drawing comparisons to Thaiday and Hodges. Show me one time where either of those has thrown a cowardly king hit like that after charging in. There is none. Others are jumping on the head ref's pity comment about potentially sin-binning Scott for throwing the ball at Bird. show me one time where a player has ever been sin-binned for throwing the ball. There are a metric shit tonne of instances in Origin and club matches with which you can check so I won't hold my breath on this one. And if we're going to play this chicken and egg game then sin-bin Greg Bird as well for starting everything by pushing over Scott after the tackle was made. Ridiculous.

I've been vocal about how well NSW have played this game from my very first post after the match started. We were outplayed up the middle and the stats show that with metres gained easily in your favour with none of our forwards even making 100m (!). You guys made 50/60/70 metres every set of six and we struggled to get 30 and the final possession percentage was massively in your favour. There were times I thought you guys deserved a win because of that. But when it comes down to it, the two tries you scored were off hail mary bombs, one bouncing off Uate's back conveniently into his hands ffs. Pierce and Carney offered nothing in creativity within 30 metres when they tried to run the ball. On the flipside we scored with what little ball we had, none of which came off just launching the ball in the air and hoping for the best.

In short, lose the hyperbole, it's not warranted. Nothing was gifted to us, you were still behind by two points before that final try and there is doubt that you had the attacking creativity to score in the last 5 minutes. You guys just couldn't capitalise when it mattered.

Edit: typos galore.

Last edited by budoo: 25-May-12 at 10:43am

Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291

Quote:

Originally Posted by budoo View Post

(it should've been a benefit of the doubt try, IMO).

I said it earlier and I agree. If they awarded it benefit if the doubt I could have lived with it but he didn't, he was certain it was a try.

How you can not be playing at the ball in an effort to score a try is the million dollar question that hampstead us the only person in the world that can answer it yet nobody can get access to him.
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,913
did anyone else have to look up what Hyperbole meant? or am I the only dumb **** who didnt know?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Any sex enthusiast should whore it up at least once in their life IMO,
Its the oldest profession in the world.
Are you calling everyone wrong?.

Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,913

Quote:

I said it earlier and I agree. If they awarded it benefit if the doubt I could have lived with it but he didn't, he was certain it was a try.

How you can not be playing at the ball in an effort to score a try is the million dollar question that hampstead us the only person in the world that can answer it yet nobody can get access to him.

Witness protection program until things die down. His whereabouts are currently unknown (cairns).

Quote:

buffed +

Times thanked
< 172

Quote:

I wouldn't mind losing if we were beaten by brilliance, I wouldn't mind losing if we were beaten by the better team, I wouldn't mind losing if you were ashamed of the fact that you'd been gifted victory by utterly rubbish decision making.

Do you really think NSW were the better team on the night? It wasn't a very convincing performance by Queensland, but i still think they were the better team. NSW should have had more points on the board after all the posession and field position they had in the first 20 minutes and as it was, they scored a try from a fumbled bomb.

The Jennings sin bin was warranted. The Greg Bird penalty for a dangerous tackle wasn't. But the Greg Bird tackle happened inside the opposition half, so it's not like Quuensland were in great field position when the penalty was given.

The other turning point was Paul Gallens terrible decision to go for goal from 40m out. The ensuing miss was another turning point and it was a moment of shit captaincy from Gallen, but no one has talked about that.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
Why did neither side try for repeat sets? All NSW did was bomb and all Queensland did was score tries.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,988

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chharge View Post

did anyone else have to look up what Hyperbole meant? or am I the only dumb **** who didnt know?

what rhymes with 'fingers'?
He is a cool guy...
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,988
Manu Tamou's selection is easily cancelled out by Sam Kasiano declaring he's a qlder... that guy's accent is so thick it's like he's barely speaking English.

but really kiwis are a different issue. How could you grow up in NSW and not hate Qld?

although I guess with Ingis, it's all one big Eora nation anyway
He is a cool guy...
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,286
That missed penalty goal was fucking gold. The collective groan from all the blues fans where I was sitting was deafening. The missed touchline on the penalty kick (what are these plays called?) was epic too.
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,913
derp

Quote:

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,988

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

That missed penalty goal was fucking gold. The collective groan from all the blues fans where I was sitting was deafening. The missed touchline on the penalty kick (what are these plays called?) was epic too.

I guess it's called 'getting a penalty and kicking for touch'

or a 'touch finder'

[no trollo]
He is a cool guy...
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172

Quote:

Why did neither side try for repeat sets? All NSW did was bomb and all Queensland did was score tries.

I don't know about Queensland, but NSW have a habit of panicking and not playing with patience. As soon as they get behind on the scoreboard, they throw the gameplan out the window and try to score from every set instead of building patiently with field position and possession. Todd Carney and Mitchell Pearce lost the plot as soon as we we went behind. Robbie Farah and Greg Bird were the only one's who stuck to the gameplan.

Maybe Bird should play 5/8th. I think he's a great lock because when he plays tighter, his great footwork causes big problems through the middle, but Carney's performance was a worry
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,913
I think he might do better next time Buffed, nerves out of the way now. Pressure performer.

Quote:

Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chharge View Post

I think he might do better next time Buffed, nerves out of the way now. Pressure performer.

What do you expect? He sees that huge VB logo on his team mates and then his tongue hangs out the side of his mouth and he gets the shakes. No wonder he plays shit.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,286
It makes me wonder why NSW is sponsored by a Victorian beer?
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,913
What they need to do is give him permission to drink a 6ixer after game should he contribute to a victory.

Quote:

SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,386

Quote:

Because it's not really a Victorian beer any more, it's national brand brewed by a multinational brewer, and they decided that they wanted to chuck some sponsorship $$ at the NRL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,913
Derp has a point

Quote:

Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
His point is fuck Victoria right?
Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,284

Quote:

It was announced this morning that Kleenex will be NSWs sponsor til they win a series.
I am the best +

SPLASH!

Times thanked
< 219
absolutely gutted, although a lot of positives to take out of the game

- Tamou, Williams, Bird, Gallen, Jennings (when he was on the field), Farah, Hayne and Morris all played brilliantly

Now stick with this team for fucks sake
JVP $$Robotocorps
what more do you want in a line-up ?
Eric Prydz parachuting naked from a plane followed by White Michael Jackson Vs Black Michael Jackson soundtracked by Nirvana feat The Beatles and Wolverine? even then I don't think that would be appreciated...
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 254
T williams out for 6
Punk in Drublic +

Can I get a hell yeah?

Times thanked
< 88
Bah! I just traded him into my Supercoach team on Monday.

*frantically logs on to SC and hits REVERSE CHANGES! REVERSE CHANGES!*
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,988
last thing I'll say about origin. Bill Harrigan needs to shut the fuck up. It's so fucking stupid him coming out and saying 'oh that was right' and 'oh that was the wrong decision'

I guess the NRL reckons mug punters will feel better about themselves if theyre able to walk around saying 'we waz robbed' for a few days until their team plays again and they forget about it.

But him coming out and saying 'he got it wrong' ie the Bird penalty, its just admitting how shit the refs are. Stop saying how shit the refs are Harrigan, unless youre willing to sack yourself in the same breath
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,386

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

But him coming out and saying 'he got it wrong' ie the Bird penalty, its just admitting how shit the refs are. Stop saying how shit the refs are Harrigan, unless youre willing to sack yourself in the same breath

I don;t think it's just Harrigan, there seems to be some sort of new policy of expecting transparency from the review board.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
the refs have become worse since Harrigan became their boss.

I reckon Checcin & Harrigan bum each other for sure.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,988
back to important Tigger news

how come nobody posted about us signing Eddie Pettybourne, Bodene Thompson, Masada Iosefa? And re-signing gun Toyota Cup winger David Nofoaluma?

I wonder who Sheens will make into a prop first between Thompson and Pettybourne?

But srs theyre good pick ups IMO and happy to re-sign the highly rated Nofoaluma. You'd imagine Lote and maybe Heighno will be gone.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,988

Quote:

the refs have become worse since Harrigan became their boss.

I reckon Checcin & Harrigan bum each other for sure.

theyre not getting better thats for sure.

Week 1: 'yeah we fucked up'

Week 2: 'we fucked up again'

Week 26: 'yep, still shit'
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&h...l6E&nomobile=1

Little surprised this hadn't been posted yet. ITM community is slacking
You heard it here first - Luck & RG3 are going to be duds.
dAvoZ +

Registered Boozer

Times thanked
< 30
^ few more to add to the list. there are probably more.

Peter Sterling (Toowoomba)
Ken Nagas (Bundaberg)
Ben Elias (Tripoli, Lebanon)
James McManus (Scotland)
John Hopoate (Tonga)
Timana Tahu (Melbourne)
Hazem El Masri (Lebanon)
Peter Wallace (Melbourne)
Dean Pay (Melbourne)
Justin Poore (Bunbury, WA)
Ian Roberts (London)
Willie Mason (Auckland)
Mario Fenech (Malta)
Brad Clyde (Canberra)
Joel Monaghan (Canberra)
Ryan Hoffman, (Canberra)
Craig Polla-Mounter (Ipswich Grammar, via Melbourne)

This is on top of the fact that NSW poached talent from QLD for about 100 years and put them in blue representative jerseys.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,291
To be fair to three of them, nobody wants to be associated with Canberra.
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »