< 56
tigers are decent
hawks were awful

congrats to anyone who can pick the premiers from here
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 4,768
Swans are as big pretenders as the Hawks. Disgusting play tonight.
Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,160

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneaky hands View Post

Lions will winit!
jutsy +

Times thanked
< 62
I feel better about the dons scraping through against the tigers now
System_J +

Better Call Saul

Times thanked
< 257
Hawthorn are an absolute disgrace.

Gravy, have at us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

I just plain don't trust fat people.

Where did they get all that food from?

ratticus +

facebook.com/thepublicworksdepartment

Times thanked
< 1,433
Fucking ripper of a game in Adelaide so far.

Upcoming Works:
5 Apr - Tessela + Kowton, Lounge
13-14 Apr - Pleasure Planet 24hr 1st Bday, Lounge
9 May - Capacity 300: Inigo Kennedy

Permanent clearance by: #1-01
defected819 +

CHyer!

Times thanked
< 49

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneaky hands View Post

tigers are decent
hawks were awful

Collingwood
Astro-Boy +

LOOK AT MY BALD COCK. LOOK AT IT.

Times thanked
< 20,767
C'arn pies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heraclitus

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

djpractice +

Times thanked
< 82
Time to send Buddy back to Box Hill - I have run out of patience!!!!!
Fucking waste of time going up today - we were slow, soft and stupid
Practice - Playing weird shit since 2004
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 253
fuck my life. continue to go to swans games, continue to lose.

we have western bulldogs next week. they'll towel us up the way they are playing.
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,767
Crows supporters

Second only to a swans crowd in terms of being utterly clueless.

Quote:

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,767
:pendles:

Quote:

RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

Times thanked
< 3,147
go bombers doing a another smashing
CHELSEA FC

English Premier League Winners
04–05, 05–06, 09–10
UEFA Champions League :Champions League Winners 2012
UEFA Europa League: Europa League Winners 2013
CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
< 1,378
stealing candy from babies is not really anything to be proud of. If GWS could kick straight, there wouldn't be much in it.
Pancho +

boom.

Times thanked
< 189
Pies

Great win. Written off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by write my name

No offense brain surgeon - but what hard facts do you have that cousins has ever done a drug?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anselm

Pies genuinely no good this year

Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,767

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancho View Post

Pies

Great win. Written off.

Pies genuinely come good this season.

Quote:

ratticus +

Times thanked
< 1,433
Fuck yes, Go Pies. Such a great win.

Upcoming Works:

Pancho +

boom.

Times thanked
< 189
Pies did well in the 08 draft.. Sidebottom at 11, Beams late 20's.. both stepping up

Quote:

No offense brain surgeon - but what hard facts do you have that cousins has ever done a drug?

Quote:

Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 4,768
Fuck not often I'm glad to see the pies win. Onya ****s.
ratticus +

Times thanked
< 1,433
Sidebottom is a gun. His late goal was class.
IHAVENEWLEGS +

Times thanked
< 4,324
Loved the saints effort tonight, jack Steven is a gun week in week out he is one of our best.
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 107
LOL at the Collingwood fans, getting ready for another September choke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carte Blanche

Hardstyle isn't music. It's not anything, except perhaps complete garbage. It should really be discussed in the lifestyle forum, as in "I'm leading a lifestyle devoid of taste" or perhaps the food forum "I consume far too many drugs for my own good".

ratticus +

Times thanked
< 1,433

Quote:

Originally Posted by zealbee View Post

LOL at the Collingwood fans, getting ready for another September choke.

So when are Brisbane going to make the finals again?

Upcoming Works:

THEHEATH +

ACCESS DENIED.

Times thanked
< 1,133
Collingwood continue to be genuinely no good.
YossarianIsSane +

Times thanked
< 182

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratticus View Post

Probably around the same time as Freo. We are awful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_e_de View Post

It's the same as going out on a busy street and looking at the people around you, most of them are fgts.

Pancho +

boom.

Times thanked
< 189

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHAVENEWLEGS View Post

Loved the saints effort tonight, jack Steven is a gun week in week out he is one of our best.

Going nicely now.

Fremantle are fucking rubbish. It still amazes me how Zac Dawson and Ryan Crowley get games. Could name about 6 or 7 more who are not up to AFL standard.

Quote:

Quote:

Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,492
The Swans were awful for 2 and a bit quarters last night but that was due to a very good display by the Sainters.

Richmond were magnificent in that last quarter but the Hawks have shown an amazing ability to drop their heads.

Didn't see the Pies but that is obviously a fantastic win for them.

Carlton were super-average, save the last quarter, but the Dees effort for most of today can't be questioned.

---

Judging by the opening 9 rounds the Coasters and Bombers are definitely the teams to beat but it is really open for the first time in a fair few years. Anyone who makes the top 6 and has some luck with injuries going into the finals has a chance.

And that is fucking bonza.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Don't think we're getting ahead of ourselves geezah. Both teams have enjoyed a pretty fucking good draw. We've only played 2 of the current top 8, and we lost one of them. In saying that, our percentage is pretty decent and we'll probably need that to sneak into the top 4 i recon.

oh and...

Suck it dorkers
Couldn't see the game up here in qwoinsland but aparrently nick nat took a huge grab
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
gravyishot +

this stupid facebook bar at the bottom is for ****s

Times thanked
< 715

Quote:

Originally Posted by System_J View Post

Gravy, have at us.

As much as I'd love to gloat, I watched a pretty shit game today.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,492

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post

Don't think we're getting ahead of ourselves geezah. Both teams have enjoyed a pretty fucking good draw. We've only played 2 of the current top 8, and we lost one of them. In saying that, our percentage is pretty decent and we'll probably need that to sneak into the top 4 i recon.

oh and...

Suck it dorkers
Couldn't see the game up here in qwoinsland but aparrently nick nat took a huge grab

Didn't say you were getting ahead of yourselves. I think so far that the Eagles and the Bombers are clearly the form sides, and they are the teams every side should measure themselves against, to use a hackneyed-the-fuck-out-of-it cliche. I shoulda mentioned the Crows too sorry. They have been pretty bloody good as well.

The Swans, Pies, Cats, Blues, Sainters, Hawks, and Tigers are all teams that have the ability to beat the 3 aforementioned teams, as well as each other, on their day.

That's why I say it's great for the comp: anyone really could win it this year. I think that outside our teams actually winning it we would, and should, all hope the comp is this even every year.
YossarianIsSane +

Times thanked
< 182

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancho View Post

Fremantle are fucking rubbish. It still amazes me how Zac Dawson and Ryan Crowley get games. Could name about 6 or 7 more who are not up to AFL standard.

Derpson over Silvagni the last few weeks has been odd, but Crowley is the least of our worries. Reasonable tagger and one of the few freo players really willing to mix it up at the bottom of a pack. Mundy is violently allergic to playing inside, Barlow is a crab and Duffield has lost the ability to kick, in addition to not being able to run faster than a light jog. The three players most responsible for the false dawn of 2010 have regressed to the mean of being shit. Coupled with an utter inability to find any semblance of a target across half-forward. I don't think we'll genuinely challenge for a premiership while Pavlich and Sandilands are still playing. That said, some good youngsters coming through. But such is always the Freo story.

Quote:

It's the same as going out on a busy street and looking at the people around you, most of them are fgts.

VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542
Collingwood are still the favourites in my book
gravyishot +

Times thanked
< 715
Yeah, I'm on the Collingwood bandwagon. Fuck it, I'm gloating

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravyishot View Post

Collingwood have a pretty solid core and young enough group to power ahead again. Who do they lose from last year's GF? Leigh Brown? Leon Davis? Big deal, really. Collingwood for PM.

Quote:

By contrast, Geelong had lost Ken Hinkley, Bomber Thompson, Brendan McCartney etc over the years before the 2011 season. A well run club takes more than just the head coach. Collingwood will probably be better off with fresh ideas and some hunger. The talent is certainly there.

Collingwood will probably go 18-4 in the regular season and demolish everyone in finals. That is my prediction.

Quote:

Not many better midfield units than Swan, Pendlebury, Thomas, and Ball. Geelong are around as good, though getting weaker without Ling and the ruck dominance.

Collingwood have a fantastic spine. Pretty quality defensive unit.

People were writing off Geelong before last season. It's even more stupid to write off Collingwood.

Quote:

Who's their nearest challenger? Please don't say Hawthorn.

Collingwood lost to only one team in 2011 - the eventual premiers. They can go backwards in some respects and still end up premiers - see Geelong in 2009.

Quote:

If the Hawks had impressive wins against any of their top four competitors in 2011 I'd say otherwise, but the fact is their only win came against West Coast in Tasmania in a pretty insipid match. Every year since 2008 they've been rated as premiership chances, but they've more often disappointed than proven themselves.

Collingwood only failed to beat one team all year, but looked a cut above all their other competitors for most of the season. It's not hard to see Geelong declining a little and Collingwood remaining about the same.

Quote:

Carlton weren't top four.

Hawthorn had their best season since 2008 and still came up short. Mitchell had his best season ever, while Franklin had his best since 2008. There are sides below them that have plenty of improvement in them (West Coast, Carlton). I just don't see where it gets better for Hawthorn that makes them a better team than 17 other clubs, and especially the side that finished first and has made the past two GFs.

Quote:

Well, I'd love if someone actually looked at things honestly and avoided the media influenced groupthink about the Hawks. Every year since 2008 the big prediction has been 'Hawthorn premiership'. They've barely measured up each year and I don't see 2012 being any different.

Most of those players aren't that impressive, nor any different to a lot of players throughout the league who have played sub 50 games. Guys like Puopolo, Smith, Suckling, etc are more mature players also, we're not talking 18 year olds here.

The fact is that they didn't beat the Pies. They had them on toast in the last quarter and let the Pies kick five goals to two. Pies have far more improvement left in them than the Hawks. The Pies midfield quality is on the better side of 25, Hawthorn's is tending towards 30.

Quote:

I don't think they're that inexperienced where it matters. Their year was similar to West Coast's - experienced players returned to top form and there was ample help from younger players. However, there were more breakout years from West Coast players - Shuey, Kennedy, Naitanui, Gaff and Darling had impressive years, and I think this is a far better up and coming core than what Hawthorn have to work with.

Simply, I don't think players like Franklin/Hodge/Mitchell are going to improve that much in 2012, and I don't think Hawthorn's young players are all that impressive as compared to what other teams are working towards.

Quote:

Why would I rage about Clancee Pearce's delisting?

There's no rage here. Hawthorn have had a core of senior talent that has been thereabouts for around five seasons. In that time, they've had woefully inconsistent performances. Last year was their second best year in that time frame. Why should anyone be so sure that they will be better in 2012 when they are just as often a let down?

Collingwood and Geelong have been remarkably consistent over the same period. Geelong will probably decline, but there is scope for Collingwood to iron out minor deficiencies and remain at the top. Then there are challengers in West Coast and Carlton, and possibly others.

I get the feeling that people say Hawthorn are a big premiership chance because everyone loves Buddy, and that if they are premiers the implication is that Buddy will probably kick a shit load of amazing goals. I can go along with that, but I don't think Hawthorn's lesser players are good enough.

THEHEATH +

ACCESS DENIED.

Times thanked
< 1,133
Well, while we are at it

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEHEATH View Post

Lol wtf gtfo out of the thread , top 4 side it's round fucken six for fucks sake and they weren't top 4 last year following that logic we've beaten a top 4 side so who gives a toss.

We had significant injuries contributing to those losses. Too many numb nuts like to overlook that obvious fact in there analysis and criticism.

Realistically we should win 4 of our next five, and be sitting at 8-3 , possibly 9-2 think most clubs would take that with our injuries this year

If you'd said they were playing shit footy id have copped it, but to say they are genuinely no good was just a genuinely stupid comment.

Pies playing shit footy ATM, will primed and dangerous come September .

P.S. fuck that was a stupid post by you Anselm.
YossarianIsSane +

Times thanked
< 182
Suddenly, your avatar becomes amazingly appropriate, and yet factually incorrect at the same time.

Quote:

Blue Moon +

Sick ****el

Times thanked
< 308
still a chance baby come on
http://soundcloud.com/blue-tune
Blue Moon +

Sick ****el

Times thanked
< 308
Eagles at 7?
http://soundcloud.com/blue-tune
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,492
Quoting one's self to prove how good one's self is, is importing one's self into the Nitzschean self reflection of the narcissistic self desire of the self's intellect: an archetypal mayhem not witnessed since the Rickypontingist Era of the Early Oughties.

As one of my favourie philosophers, Augustus Haynes, used to like to say, "that's some shameful shit right there."

:burp:

Last edited by Geezah: 28-May-12 at 02:36am

mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 253
did the predictor after that round and got:

Adelaide 76
West Coast 76
Collingwood 68
Geelong 64
Sydney 60
Essendon 60
Carlton 60
Hawthorn 52

edit: sorry blue moon, didn't actually look at who played who. that one is using the actual predictor
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
The AFL i-told-you-so thread 2012
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
Pancho +

boom.

Times thanked
< 189

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezah View Post

Quoting one's self to prove how good one's self is, is importing one's self into the Nitzschean self reflection of the narcissistic self desire of the self's intellect: an archetypal mayhem not witnessed since the Rickypontingist Era of the Early Oughties.

As one of my favourie philosophers, Augustus Haynes, used to like to say, "that's some shameful shit right there."

agreed. its rampant in this thread.

Quote:

Quote:

Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,271
Fair play, Pies have certainly righted the ship. They looked farked a few rounds ago...hopefully we can take a leaf out of their book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmondtigers

His father had a sex change when his mum wanted a kid.

He mutilated his vagina not long afterwards.

To this day it is still in bad shape.

Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 809

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattpolo8 View Post

we have western bulldogs next week. they'll towel us up the way they are playing.

Got tix for the game this Sunday. Sunday arvo footy Hope the Swans can put in a better effort than the weekend just gone

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

Times thanked
< 3,447

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattpolo8 View Post

Stop going to swans games then you fool.
gravyishot +

Times thanked
< 715

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezah View Post

My prediction of Swans being mid table nobodies is looking once again spot on
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 107

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratticus View Post

Yawn. 3 in a row. Collingwood couldn't even win it at the first go, had to come back a week later to win it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carte Blanche

Hardstyle isn't music. It's not anything, except perhaps complete garbage. It should really be discussed in the lifestyle forum, as in "I'm leading a lifestyle devoid of taste" or perhaps the food forum "I consume far too many drugs for my own good".

Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,241
The first half of the derby was so dire we made a drinking game to skull a full beer every goal scored due to lack of goals... 6 minutes into the second half and 3 goals later... Game got interesting .
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,767

Quote:

Originally Posted by zealbee View Post

Yawn. 3 in a row. Collingwood couldn't even win it at the first go, had to come back a week later to win it.

3 in a row, but Gold Coast will win one before you win another.
ratticus +

Times thanked
< 1,433
With Crazy Vossy behind the wheel, I wouldn't be surprised if Melbourne won one before Brisbane won another.

Upcoming Works:

THEHEATH +

ACCESS DENIED.

Times thanked
< 1,133
Rabble rabble rabble.
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »