Music News

Faithless’s Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing

Reply
  Tools
katiecunningham +

ITM 4 LYF

katiecunningham's Avatar
Joined
Sep '10
Times thanked
< 325
Posts
636
Faithless’s Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
Totally thought this article was called "Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia" at first...HAAAA
special ed +

spesh

special ed's Avatar
Joined
Sep '02
Times thanked
< 2,993
Posts
10,778
^ so did i. i cringed a little at first

Quote:

Originally Posted by sister bliss

if you take God is a DJ or We Come 1 they weren’t big cheesy, obvious records.”

what? you're kidding right? pot.kettle.black
however, faithless>shm
soundcloud
mixcloud
icetee102 +

Disc Jocky

icetee102's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
< 2
Posts
188
Faithless’s Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
Faithless who ? Funny how it seems to be all the washed up act's complaining.
davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

davecw's Avatar
Joined
Apr '09
Times thanked
< 516
Posts
5,639
Faithless’s Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
Seems like the old stalwarts are jelly that SHM is making all the money and not putting in the hard yards. ( Even that is debatable seeing as SHM have been around the scene for ages)
bulldozer +

OH YES OH YES MELBOURNE!!

bulldozer's Avatar
Joined
Jun '09
Times thanked
< 736
Posts
2,870

Quote:

Originally Posted by icetee102 View Post

Faithless who ? Funny how it seems to be all the washed up act's complaining.

icetee-roll

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnbiggs View Post

right on **** sign me up

dj name: big facotr
style: ballbag disco
promotion ability: zilch none naada
stage presence: fuck it **** im on the d floor and use a long stick from there to change the faders.

angy +

DEFQON.1!!!!!!!!!!!

angy's Avatar
Joined
Feb '01
Times thanked
< 244
Posts
7,231
Faithless’s Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
Americans wanna listen to trash music, wadda ya gonna do about it?
jamwildway +

Registered User

jamwildway's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
< 29
Posts
358
Faithless’s Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
With all due respect, I love Faithless but Bliss's comments are out of line. SHM are the best in the business ATM.
NebSta7 +

Registered User

Joined
Mar '07
Times thanked
< 1
Posts
101
Faithless’s Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
Faithless will always be bigger and better then SHM.. Their music doesn't age and will be listened to for years to come.. No one will listen to One is 5 years time because it will be dated and considered as old school cheese.. So putting them in the same category is just stupid!
DTrancer +

I don't know how to change my user title?!1

DTrancer's Avatar
Joined
Mar '06
Times thanked
< 177
Posts
1,687
Faithless’s Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
mazi always looks like a smackhead
cizza +

Cats are floppy.

cizza's Avatar
Joined
Jun '03
Times thanked
< 1,853
Posts
1,069
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
Maxi needs an ultimate burger meal, stat
technoterrorist +

Registered User

Joined
Oct '04
Times thanked
< 2
Posts
20
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
GAWD, give it a rest already. Tall poppy syndrome or what? I remember seeing We Come 1 on Video Hits many moons ago. Regardless why is Sister Bliss even comparing Faithless to SHM??
lawlietskyy +

its showtime ! *Arnold Voice*.

lawlietskyy's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 418
Posts
1,068
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
HEEEEEEREEEEEE WE GO ... Another defence of commercial crap by jamwildway ... "the best in the business" really ? @jamwildway are you fkn hired by nova or something?
deep audio +

blah!

deep audio's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 113
Posts
3,297
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
shm are shit PERIOD!
Bracko +

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
< 2,082
Posts
39,494

Quote:

Originally Posted by icetee102 View Post

Faithless who ? Funny how it seems to be all the washed up act's complaining.

get.out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post

well done sofu, perhaps your most offensive post yet!

Ben Royal +

Registered User

Joined
Jan '08
Times thanked
< 127
Posts
2,350
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
The new breed of "iconic festival-headlining 'live' acts" are those new DJs/groups who can quickly pull together an impressive 'live' lighting show since they dont have live vocalists/band to rely on - think SHM, Deadmau5 and I assume whatever Avicii is currently preparing.
kane2188 +

Registered User

kane2188's Avatar
Joined
Sep '07
Times thanked
< 42
Posts
190
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
jamwildway your comments are shit.. bag on gessafelstein saying he is overrated then say shm are the best in the business.. yeah right... eat a dick
jamwildway +

Registered User

jamwildway's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
< 29
Posts
358
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
Who sells more records bada bing, SHM were the best act I have seen in the last 12months. Big day Out, Stereosonic, Soundwave were ok but Future Music is truely the future of music. Why hate an act just because they are popular, nothing beats their mix of electro tunes which are very well produced. God is not a DJ, SHM are!!!
jamwildway +

Registered User

jamwildway's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
< 29
Posts
358
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
Hey @lawlietskyy do you hate Daft Punk because they are popular or New Order for the highest selling 12inch record of all time Blue Monday??? Don't hate the player hate the game. As for @kane2188 you must not of been witness to the mind blowing set SHM played at Future Music. Good music is good music regardless of record sales. Bada bing bada boom!!!
special ed +

spesh

special ed's Avatar
Joined
Sep '02
Times thanked
< 2,993
Posts
10,778
everyone is entitled to like whatever the fuck they want, so give jamwildway a break. if he likes crap, thats his perogative.
but.... same goes for you, on the flipside, dont post rubbish comments about acts you dont like either, and not expect a reaction
two way street
soundcloud
mixcloud

Last edited by special ed: 11-Apr-12 at 07:41pm

deep audio +

blah!

deep audio's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 113
Posts
3,297
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
@jamwildway smh do not sell records... mp3's are not records!
zltn +

Registered User

Joined
Nov '11
Times thanked
< 2
Posts
19
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
The only business SHM are good at is marketing.
lawlietskyy +

its showtime ! *Arnold Voice*.

lawlietskyy's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 418
Posts
1,068
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
@jamwildway - If you define 3 morons jumping around playing a pre-mixed CD of generic trouse 'gods' then you are very easily impressed... I've noticed you back up david guetta alot, hated on gessafelstein and all decent music ... And if you compare the market to when faithless were big, faithless didn't have facebook, soundcloud etc - It's so easy to compare old and new acts however most people forget that technology makes music easy to sell and distribute in a couple of clicks. So of course SHM sell like pancakes, especially when its shoved down the poor little radio sheeps throats every 3 tracks along with David Guetta - Force feeding people crap music until they say 'heyyy this is sorta catchy' is NOT true success
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

mlirosi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 3,155
Posts
2,375
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
I have to agree with jamwildway, although he may be a little over the top in his SHM love, I never heard this hate for Axwell Seb and Steve back when they were producing things like together or feel the vibe (which is the same music they are producing today). That is the music they produce, people like lawlietskyy like to prove how underground they still remain by ensuring they let everyone know they hate guetta and SHM, come on dude your no better than jamwildaway I have seen a comment from you on every article pronouncing your hate
deep audio +

blah!

deep audio's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 113
Posts
3,297
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
people with no talent can easily amuse idiots
technoterrorist +

Registered User

Joined
Oct '04
Times thanked
< 2
Posts
20
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
Well said Mlirosi, except that the SHM sound is commercial and nothing like back in 2006 when Angello & Ingrosso played a 5 hour set at Tank and were producing dirty funky beats. They clearly have talent, it's just EMI are coating it with commercial gloss and watching the dollars pile up.
Everyone just needs to chill the fuck out

Last edited by technoterrorist: 12-Apr-12 at 10:54am

silverspoon +

new and improved!

silverspoon's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 1,535
Posts
6,435
That this would become a slanging match was more obvious than a SHM preset.
Burkey80 +

Registered User

Burkey80's Avatar
Joined
Oct '11
Times thanked
< 2
Posts
25
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
It's the old 'artist becomes popular so everyone begins to hate them argument'. It manages to find itself rearing it's head from genre to genre. Unfortunately, some of the best and most-skilled artists won't make it big and others with (what can be seen as) less talent do simply because they struck it lucky or have a label behind them. Who cares about who sucks, just enjoy the music you like.
special ed +

spesh

special ed's Avatar
Joined
Sep '02
Times thanked
< 2,993
Posts
10,778
ITM forums wouldn't exist without tall poppy syndrome.
soundcloud
mixcloud
Morecowbell +

Registered User

Morecowbell's Avatar
Joined
Sep '10
Times thanked
< 68
Posts
148
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
^True that.
SHM make themselves easy targets though. It's a simple fact that taste is subjective and I can see why the flashy lights, fireworks and CO2 cannons appeal to some. But jamwildway, no-one hates on Daft Punk or New Order because they, and Faithless, amongst others, possess common traits. Enduring talent builds a loyal fan base. Which doesn't just refer to production skill (which all members of SHM obviously have), it includes live performance too. How many Swedes does it take to press play on a CDJ? With so many bodies behind the decks, why not incorporate a live element? It would do wonders for their ever-waning credibility, which is something Steve Angello seems perpetually troubled by.
special ed +

spesh

special ed's Avatar
Joined
Sep '02
Times thanked
< 2,993
Posts
10,778
dance music is split down the middle now. there's the proper "dj" and the big spectacle of the "dj show", the latter is just about big production and a 'show', the other remains true to the original ideals of dj culture, and very few djs can successfully marry the two without controversy.
Richie Hawtin and Amon Tobin are the only two that come to mind
soundcloud
mixcloud
josh_goods +

Registered User

josh_goods's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 58
Posts
192
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
Cbf reading all this but I wanna rip into the SHM lover! Firstly, they don't produce their own music, therefore they are frauds making money, not artists. Secondly, music isn't about money, its about music. Thirdly, the reason they can mix 'so well' live (apart from the premix edits) is because every single song is fixed to be a perfect 128, so they don't even have to worry about beatmatching. See? Here they are changing the game to no longer be artists, just make more money. Also, there sets are bullshit. Honestly, they contain no momentum, direction, sense of adventure... its just banger after banger. And thats only a banger in terms of money - they aren't big tracks in the slightest.
P.S. there new big track is a) from Inception and b) Above & Beyond played a far better production of the melody in their award winning essential mix. They aren't even original.
lawlietskyy +

its showtime ! *Arnold Voice*.

lawlietskyy's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 418
Posts
1,068
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
@jamwildway I don't hate daft punk or new order, listen to daft punks material and new orders then compare it with SHM - SHM have more dollars and more 'sales'... I played 'one' by SHM at a corporate function that wanted commercial stuff, People instantly hated on the tune because as big as 'one' was, it was just a phase... when i dropped one more time by DP - People lose their sh*t ... Difference is in the quality and the longevity of the tunes... SHM produce sh*t music thats great for a party, in a few years it will not ever be want to be heard again. THAT is the difference between SHM and DP/New Order

@Mlirosi - Im trying to prove how underground i am, my favourite artist is michael jackson... your point fails.
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

mlirosi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '10
Times thanked
< 3,155
Posts
2,375
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
@lawlietskyy, michael jackson is about as underground as it gets right now

point still stands

winning!!
Burkey80 +

Registered User

Burkey80's Avatar
Joined
Oct '11
Times thanked
< 2
Posts
25
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
@josh_goods: I'm pretty sure music is about making money. I don't think there is an artist in the world that is doing it for free. It's more about being paid for what you love doing.

In addition, if you are going to base your hatred on being unoriginal, most EDM has some sort of sample or arrangement (be it a one shot, kick drum, layered claps, acapellas, fx, chopped vocals). You must dislike a lot of music these days.

...and I think more have artists have moved away from being DJs and now producers are playing shows (that press play and turn a few filter knobs). Possibly the reason for so many people's distastes in what they are doing...
lawlietskyy +

its showtime ! *Arnold Voice*.

lawlietskyy's Avatar
Joined
Apr '08
Times thanked
< 418
Posts
1,068
Faithless's Sister Bliss joins the Swedish House Mafia bashing
@Mlirosi - Good call
jamwildway +

Registered User

jamwildway's Avatar
Joined
Aug '02
Times thanked
< 29
Posts
358
I'm Winning!!! Suck it hard @lawlieskyy you nobb jockey. @Morecowbell you are a hack and not a DJ, you never will be...lol
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts