Sydney

The Smokin Joe Mekhael love in thread

All About:

All About

+Follow

Add Follows

Stay informed about your favourite artists and events. We'll email you whenever there is new events, news or content posted about your favourite things. Simply select those you want to be notified about View my Follows |  Follow Settings

• Empire Hotel
Cancel Finish

Description:

Smokin Joe is settled in at The Empire Hotel for his marathon session, and you can watch it streaming live before heading over to his dedicated love-in thread in the Sydney forum to cheer him on. As expected, apart from the occasional fist-pump, he’s looking pretty exhausted on the...

Tools
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145
From the Electrifying Man Himself..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Joe Mekhael

It has just come to my attention that Rene Brunner set a new Guinness world record of 150 hours in October last year and that the Guinness website wasn't updated until early this year, well after I completed my marathon set. While I thought that I had set a new world record of 132 hours in December, the time to beat was in fact 150 hours.

What this means is that I have no right to call myself The Guinness World Record Holder or The Marathon DJ Champion of the World. I have put the belt away and I'm going to remove it from all of my promotional material. I'd like to congratulate Rene Brunner for breaking the record and with DJ Hertz the best of luck with his attempt. I'd also like to apologise to everyone for claiming to be something that I'm not. Although I acted in good faith and I honestly thought that I had broken the record, I never did.

I must say that I was very shocked and disappointed when I read this. It felt like those five and a half days of dedication were for nothing and I felt like a fraud for calling myself the champ for the past four months. The moment when I thought that I had broken the record was the happiest moment of my life, and now it feels like none of it was real. But then I realised how it brought people from the scene together, how it sent out vibrations of peace and love all over the world and how it really tested my mental strength. Last year, I went well beyond what I thought the record was but when it comes to the crunch, I failed. This failure has only strengthened my resolve and later this year, I guarantee that I will set a new Guinness world record for the longest DJ set in history with your help.

Every great work, every big accomplishment, has been brought into manifestation through holding to the vision, and often just before the big achievement, comes apparent failure and discouragement.

#MAKEYOURDREAMSREALITY!
#WOOOOOOO!

I sense Joe will need to start using Modafinil to regain the title - that or just start hitting the shardz..
Boom Boom
Boom Boom Says DJ Qu (Strength Music, NYC) - Saturday October 26th
More info: http://boomboom.net.au
lewbylew +

Times thanked
< 24
Sad news.
I am actually a fish
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 344
Seems like the whole Guinness system is a bit of a debacle.
"...and I know that I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with. And I know that given the choice I probably wouldn't have chosen you as friends but I just wanna say that over the years I've come to regard you as........ people I met."
- Arnold Rimmer, Red Dwarf.
KraftyNut +

Beats, Rhymes & Life

Times thanked
< 32
Think the fact you brought the whole ITM community together is more of an accomplishment than the world record.

To me, you're a winner mate.
MC D (The 4th Letter) - Beats, Rhymes & Life

"... It be like, crowded, and noises screaming, and suddenly it feels like im the only one there... "
lewbylew +

Times thanked
< 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by KraftyNut View Post

Think the fact you brought the whole Sydney EDM community together is more of an accomplishment than the world record.

Fixed.
I am actually a fish
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145

Quote:

Originally Posted by KraftyNut View Post

Think the fact you brought the whole ITM community together is more of an accomplishment than the world record.

I still think Wowk is a cnt..
Boom Boom
Boom Boom Says DJ Qu (Strength Music, NYC) - Saturday October 26th
More info: http://boomboom.net.au
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,007
exactly. we dont need Guinness to tell us your a champ
soundcloud
mixcloud
m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
< 1,489
After I've had too many Guinness I go round telling everyone they are a champ.
Check it ****s.
Soundcloud

LAZE

Last edited by m_xt: 08-May-12 at 03:58pm

Reason: to make bitsmasher seem crazy.

Bitsmasher +

alldeathmetalallthetime

Times thanked
< 301
what's a man guinness? extra thick head?
I'm a DJ, I push the volume up to 10
the lights are dancing in the red, I'm distorting it again
RunningWithScissors +

COMMUNIST PARTY OF ITM

Times thanked
< 18,996
Smokin Joe - champion of our hearts
THE COOLEST HOBBY
macc4 +

i don't have cat, it died

Times thanked
< 1,209
I started to get sad but then I remembered The Honky Tonk Man and he held the Intercontinental Championship belt for well over a year
smokinjoemekhael +

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world!

Times thanked
< 311
Tonight is going to be AMAZING when The Amir of Awesome joins Adrian Lux at the Arthouse!

To make our way, we must have firm resolve, persistence, tenacity! We must gear ourselves to work hard all the way!
We can never let up!

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

And I'm THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN DANCE MUSIC TODAY!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
b_bop +

Times thanked
< 234

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokinjoemekhael View Post

I weigh 67 kg now so I've put on 7 but it's been inconsistent. I need to step it up!

Once you put the other 23kgs of lean muscle on the marathon DJ thing will be a minor footnote. How long have you got left?
DjReal +

Deep House Fanatic

Times thanked
< 23
It occured to me that Smokin Joe looks an awful lot like Mr Satan/Hercule from DBZ.

This isn't actually meant to be a piss-take or anything further than an observation, but i felt it needed airing.

Perhaps he was inspiration for the character?
Gigs:
19/11 - Outside @ Electric Playground
26/11 - Outside @ Electric Playground
Oli-G +

Registered Abuser

Times thanked
< 142

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjReal View Post

It occured to me that Smokin Joe looks an awful lot like Mr Satan/Hercule from DBZ.

This isn't actually meant to be a piss-take or anything further than an observation, but i felt it needed airing.

You've cracked it!!!
Bitsmasher +

alldeathmetalallthetime

Times thanked
< 301
excellent
kevvy069 +

Times thanked
< 8
brilliant haha
smokinjoemekhael +

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world!

Times thanked
< 311

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_bop View Post

Once you put the other 23kgs of lean muscle on the marathon DJ thing will be a minor footnote. How long have you got left?

Haha, I've now refocused my energy on smashing the record in December!

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bitsmasher View Post

taken from another forum:

This one freaks me out just a bit. The picture is from 1969 and the character has that same mad look in his eye.

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

b_bop +

Times thanked
< 234

Quote:

Haha, I've now refocused my energy on smashing the record in December!

Really? I think everyone's a bit over that now.
Wats clubing by yourself like and dose enyone do it
smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
Word on the street is that people are really looking forward to it!
I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

Bitsmasher +

alldeathmetalallthetime

Times thanked
< 301
we'll be there, again!
smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bitsmasher View Post

we'll be there, again!

You the man!

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
:)
The Golden God will go north in a few hours to headline at NEVER LAND BAR on the Gold Coast tonight!

Then on Saturday, The Miracle Man will move even further north to headline the FULL MOON PARTY in Mackay with Mobin Master!

Be not afraid of greatness! Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them!

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,007
excellent use of the word 'thrust'
soundcloud
mixcloud
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

Times thanked
< 47
Those NVRLND flyers are really quite good aren't they?
Bitsmasher +

alldeathmetalallthetime

Times thanked
< 301
DJ Kronic... ahh brilliant!
smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
Smokin Chronic!

Woooooooo!
smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
The Libidinous Libertine is looking forward to a long weekend full of liberty and lunacy!

On Friday, The Baron of Benevolence will barrel along Bong Bong Road with bountiful bottles of bubbly to bring CHAMPAGNE SHOWERS back to the Bowral Hotel!

Then on Sunday, Captain Charisma will carry his courageous carcass to Canberra where he will make his debut at Tongue & Groove!

LIFE IS GOOD!

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311

Original quote by Phillips Brooks
US Episcopal bishop (1835 - 1893)

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

Last edited by smokinjoemekhael: 07-Jun-12 at 03:50pm

b_bop +

Times thanked
< 234
It's rude to not attribute quotes to the actual originator Joe, particularly if they are dead.
Wats clubing by yourself like and dose enyone do it
smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_bop View Post

It's rude to not attribute quotes to the actual originator Joe, particularly if they are dead.

You're right, it's just that I post so many quotes! No disrespect was intended and I've edited my post to give Father Brooks his kudos.

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
Marvelous maniacs! The Miracle Man, Smokin Joe Mekhael will make magic in Campbelltown when he debuts at The Macarthur Tavern tonight!

LIFE IS GOOD!

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
Captain Charisma is about to head to the airport to fly north to make his debut at The Coffs Harbour Hotel tonight!

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
Yes!
It looks like another MASSIVE weekend for The Pharaoh of Festivities!

On Friday, The Benevolent Beatmaster will travel north to where he will banish your blues and bring bliss to Budgewoi!

Then on Saturday, The Emperor of Ecstasy will return to his spiritual home to ELECTRIFY you at The Empire in The Cross from midnight!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND YOU CAN ACHIEVE ANYTHING!

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

b_bop +

Times thanked
< 234
I started as a hater. The "mash ups" weren't for my taste, and the "mixing" ... well... anyway I got onboard as you gave us an insight into your marathon effort. Followed you on Facebook. Subscribed to the Church of Joe updates. But you are just spamming my feed with quotes from famous people (alive or dead) without any acknowledgement and now it feels commercial and sad.
smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
I haven't really made any mash ups and my mixing is flawless, even after staying awake for five days, so I'm not sure what you mean by that. It's a shame that you feel that way because I've been doing the same thing for the past four years. Far from being commercial and cheap, every post that I make on any social media platform is heartfelt and sincere. I always spread positive mantras that help people feel, think and act positively. Now, while I may not attribute every quote to its author, I don't claim them as my own and the positive influence that quotes have on people surely outweighs the potential footnote.

Surely you would agree that Gandhi would rather that someone read "be the change that you wish to see in the world" posted without his name attached, and took it upon themselves to be an agent for positive change, rather than seeing his name on a Smokin Joe Mekhael Facebook post.

Once again, I mean no disrespect when I post quotes online (with our without the author listed), in fact I am paying homage to the authors and their ideals, but I will make an effort to be more diligent in the future.

B_bop, I call on you to turn away from the dark side and reject hate!

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

--YODA, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 3,007
plagarism on the internet?
that never happens
soundcloud
mixcloud
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
< 4,682

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjReal View Post

even the belt!
smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
Ideas improve. The meaning of words participates in the improvement. Plagiarism is necessary. Progress implies it. It embraces an author's phrase, makes use of his expressions, erases a false idea, and replaces it with the right idea.

Guy Debord
I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
Smokin Joe Mekhael will soon announce details of a competition where YOU can win flights, accommodation, drinks et cetera as part of Smokin Joe Mekhael's
MOST ELECTRIFYING TRIP IN DANCE MUSIC TODAY!

That's right! You can leave the cold of Sydney behind and party with The Prince of Positivity!

Smokin Joe Mekhael is still taking feedback on what city all of the Smokeamaniacs out there would like to visit, so tell me, if you could pick one city in Australia to party with THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN DANCE MUSIC TODAY, what would it be?

I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

Shall +

Do you believe in a Godd?

Times thanked
< 18
Haha nice to run into you on the street in the city early Sunday morning Joe! Hope you had an awesome last beer for the night Keep being inspirational!
Random.

.....Party [once again] in Miami [2013] with the rhythm and the bass!

smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
Haha, likewise, brother! To be honest, there were a few more sneaky beers after that.
I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 256

Quote:

...and my mixing is flawless

No. Please. Tell us more about how arrogant you are.
jarrardscott +

I start arguments then blame everyone else, and now I have this shitty My Little Pony icon

Times thanked
< 4,682
fall from grace

pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
< 1,001
we've all been there before

and if you havent, you're either lying or not trying hard enough.....
Playing at;

Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page

SHRUG
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,682
he is wearing a bandage dress and girls sandals you know.
pomrocks +

Does it Deep

Times thanked
< 1,001
my comment is still valid
Playing at;

Gigs & stuff - Dave Stuart - DJ Page

SHRUG
smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
50 years time?
I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

smokinjoemekhael +

Times thanked
< 311
It's time for another MONSTROUS weekend with The Miracle Man!

The Pharaoh of Festivities will free your inner freak when he headlines FREAKY FRIDAY at Sting Bar in Cronulla tonight!

The Happy Hedonist will have you screaming HOORAY when he heats up World Bar with a two hour hip hop/moombahton/ghetto funk set at Cakes on Saturday night!

The wise warrior will warm up your winter and wipe away your worries when he plays at WINTERFEST at The Roxy on Sunday night!

#MAKEYOURDREAMSREALITY!
#WOOOOOOO!
I'm Smokin Joe Mekhael!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »