Perth

Deep House nights in Perth!

Tools
Benjamin_Price +

Times thanked
< 0
Deep House nights in Perth!
I'm moving over from Manchester to Perth and i'v been on R.A and other sites and cant seem to find any Deep House nights in Perth! Does anybody no of any? Coming from Manchester its going to be a shock to the system with a lack of nights!! May even start a night!

As much feedback as possible would be great!

Thanks
berlin_beau +

Times thanked
< 3
hey mate. unfortunately deep house isnt a big genre in perth like it is in england. we do have a few clubs/promoters you might be interested in though...

geisha bar is probably your best best in regards to house music, its usually more tech house but they do have some deep house nights

the flying scotsman velvet lounge also has some good nights

lucid dreaming is great for deep house but they arent doing there monthly gigs anymore, I think they've got some more stuff lined up come summer time though

the likes of you also bring over some quality deep house/house artists, they recently brought over matthew dear, dyed soundrom and lee foss.

hope that helps!
Chach +

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Times thanked
< 165

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin_Price View Post

I'm moving over from Manchester to Perth and i'v been on R.A and other sites and cant seem to find any Deep House nights in Perth! Does anybody no of any? Coming from Manchester its going to be a shock to the system with a lack of nights!! May even start a night!

Thanks

What kind of deep house do you like?
What we were they are now, what we are now they will be

Coming up for The Likes of You

Derrick May April
Ben Sims
User_270985 +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Thanks

Now then mate, I moved to Perth a few weeks ago and I'm in the same situation as you, the only place iv found is geisha bar, was there on Saturday to see Guy J...it was awesome!!!
When are you coming to Perth? I'll keep you posted on any nights I find....I heard on the radio that subb-an is touring oz this year!!
I also promoted my own deep house night back home in England as well.
berlin_beau +

Times thanked
< 3
Guy J was sick hey, i took my english mate there and he loved it aswell

subb-an would be good, hopefully solomun comes with him. that man is a beast

i hear that maceo plex, ricardo villablos and laurent garnier are all possibilites for stereosonic, but club tours would be better, fuck all those festival douchebags

Melbourne has a really healthy deep house scene and flights are pretty cheap over winter, they've got Vakula(check out his RA podcast) and Huxley coming soon.

I think Agoria is my favourite deep house act, I still havent seen maya jane coles yet
User_270985 +

Times thanked
< 0
I seen maya Jane Coles @ dc10 in Ibiza, she was awesome!
It looks like I might head over to Melbourne soon then ha
Subb-an played live on b@tv last night..his set was unreal! It's still on there to watch
secfan +

Times thanked
< 0
deep house nights
yeah house is not big in perth at all... geisha has a monthly US house night. and the deen has started a new monthly house night called "Get Funk'd" too. apart from that i havent seen any apart from a few house djs went to villa nightclub for one off events. not sure if any of these should be classified DEEP house though

my friend illy teaches a house dance class (hes the only one in perth to do so) at Cipher Dance Academy, King St and The Danceworkshop, and i'm sure he's keen for a deep house night too! so let us know if you do try to start one
Orbit48 +

Times thanked
< 57
as said. geisha will be your best bet for anything like that. its got that sankeys sort of vibe going on there

im also from near manchester too and have found it incredibly difficult to find anything half decent in perth nights out wise, especially now we are in winter!

keep an eye out for the secret warehouse parties that happen from time to time. a lot of the sounds they put down there are pretty deep early on before moving on to more off beat techno sounds. these are the best party's perth has to offer by far.

the likes of you is an excellent night too so keep an eye out for them, usually more techno but they definetely attract the best crowd in perth. good luck with your trip!
Benjamin_Price +

Times thanked
< 0
Yeah that's quality cheers for that mate! I ran a couple of nights in Manchester so flying DJs over was easy as they all more or less came from London or Berlin lol so flights were cheap! Which is probably a big factor in aus! I'll definitely look into it when I'm over!! Cheers.
Benjamin_Price +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chach View Post

What kind of deep house do you like?

Alright mate, well im into artists like Moodymann, Larry Heard, Baaz, Jus Ed, Dixon, Vakula, Anton Zap, mate if its good deep house I'll listen it! My favourite label is Underground Quality and Innervisions! What about yourself?
Benjamin_Price +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by User_270985 View Post

Now then mate, I moved to Perth a few weeks ago and I'm in the same situation as you, the only place iv found is geisha bar, was there on Saturday to see Guy J...it was awesome!!!
When are you coming to Perth? I'll keep you posted on any nights I find....I heard on the radio that subb-an is touring oz this year!!
I also promoted my own deep house night back home in England as well.

I move over in February, well have to meet up mate and try and set some kind of night up! Were about in the UK are you from?
Yeah I saw that Guy J night when looking around! Did he bring a big crowd?
Benjamin_Price +

Times thanked
< 0
By the way guys, if your in need of some deep house I have a website with a weekly Podcast with some Great Deep House tracks, check it out see what you think. Also got a compeition were you could win a wolf ep on vinyl!

wwwdotnentokemusicdotcom
northernsounds +

Times thanked
< 0
hey everyone, been here since september. severely lacking a night out - let me know if anyone sets anything up in the deep house arena. ralph lawson said he loves perth, but never gets invited.... solid DJ if anyone wants to set something up.

listening to Maceo Plex on Be@at. MINT
Listen2theDj +

Do it for the love of music!

Times thanked
< 17
Lucid Dreaming run FORE every Saturday @ Defectors in Mt Lawley
Chach +

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Times thanked
< 165

Quote:

Alright mate, well im into artists like Moodymann, Larry Heard, Baaz, Jus Ed, Dixon, Vakula, Anton Zap, mate if its good deep house I'll listen it! My favourite label is Underground Quality and Innervisions! What about yourself?

AH ok, just when most people talk about deep house in perth they are talking about the more organic chicago sound from 10 years ago, we don't tend to move with the times here

I promote the TLOY nights but we are limited to who is touring unfortunately as we don't tour acts ourselves at the moment

I'm really digging whats coming out of New York, Fred P, Jus Ed, Levon Vincent etc and the European stuff you've already mentioned

The proper gigs are pretty few and far in-between though I'm afraid, we just don't have the venues or punters looking for a deeper sound here, we did Dyed Soundorom and Mattias Tanzmann here is a room that fit 130 people and only sold out on the night
What we were they are now, what we are now they will be

Coming up for The Likes of You

Derrick May April
Ben Sims
User_270985 +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

I move over in February, well have to meet up mate and try and set some kind of night up! Were about in the UK are you from?
Yeah I saw that Guy J night when looking around! Did he bring a big crowd?

I'm from a small town called S****horpe,near hull. The music scene there is awful so me and a few mates started running our own nights, I'm pretty gutted to leave really because there still playing and iv not been on any decks since iv been here lol
The Guy J night was pretty full,I was pretty wasted to be honest tho!

Cosmicrodders86@hotmail(dot)com if any one wants to get in touch and sort a night out.
untitled-1 +

help me i am being crushed ...

Times thanked
< 4
Yep sums it up ... there is not a crowd into Deep here in Perth, its all drum and bass breaks and tec tbh, maybe stay in manchester if you like a good club scene as its pretty sparse and under supported in perth...nice beaches tho....

Geisha has the US House Tribute 1st saturday of every month (next one is 14 july for that month) and that goes DEEP around 2-3am .... wicked crowd in for that ... all the house heads... great crew... no hassles... check it on their FB group... they will give you free door entry if you love your music here

apart from that nothing DEEP really apart from a few house parties that we run every 3-4 weeks in and around perth...

ralph lawson can come over anytime he doesnt need an invite get him to hit up the Soul Project artist booker in Perth at soulprojectperth@gmail.com eazy as
... Perth's No. 1 Fidget House DJ
Benjamin_Price +

Times thanked
< 0
Right, when I get there I'm sorting out a roof terrace party with pure deep vibes and flight sharing with the guys from Melbourne getting some quality deep house names in Perth! That will be my challenge! Larry Heard has hung up his headphones - bad times!
Are there any roof top partys going on in Perth at the moment?
pEAkeR_hAT +

"The Peoples' Champion"

Times thanked
< 4,661
best deep house nights in Perth ....

go to the city, then wait for the last train back to Armadale (like 1am) on Saturday night, catch that all the way to Armadale then i'll txt you directions from there

**too many poms in perth IMO !
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Life trainwreck stories, bewbs, mod angering drug implicated posts and 2fast2furious only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mliro View Post

that’s terrible spastic
also I would imagine a little disheartening that he has never attempted to drug rape you?

brogaw +

Times thanked
< 1
Even for deep house, there's no way in hell I'm stepping near Armadale at 1am on a Saturday...
Benjamin_Price +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

go to the city, then wait for the last train back to Armadale (like 1am) on Saturday night, catch that all the way to Armadale then i'll txt you directions from there

Oh right your a massive ****? sound...
Orbit48 +

Times thanked
< 57
proper good lads
untitled-1 +

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

too many bogan aussies in east london imho...thats why we came to perth to escape them ...
untitled-1 +

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Right, when I get there I'm sorting out a roof terrace party with pure deep vibes and flight sharing with the guys from Melbourne getting some quality deep house names in Perth! That will be my challenge! Larry Heard has hung up his headphones - bad times!
Are there any roof top partys going on in Perth at the moment?

no dude we dont have roof tops ..we have bush doofs (google that) and beach parties ... will let ya know where n when .... bring your swimmers and runners ..(google that) when ya get here let us know we need some fresh poms ....
GrantStevens +

Times thanked
< 0
Deep Down Under - A New Deep House/Nu-Disco night for Perth?
Hi there,

I have been in & out of this forum looking for info regarding deep house nights for quite a while now...moved over from Ireland a year ago with my job and had to ship my studio out here too as I knew I couldn't last without it.

Have been playing since 1997 and have worked within the radio industry as well...still do guest slots with Beat 102 103 (Ireland) and MyHouse-YourHouse.net (International) fairly regularly.

I have just started a deep house/Nu-Disco Facebook Group and would like to see what kind of numbers we could be looking at in terms of support to run a night here in Perth....I will be looking into a couple of venues over the next few weeks.

The radio show is called Deep Down Under so this will inherently be the name of our night once we pick up some momentum.

My musical background in terms of House/Electronic is broad and varied and I have played out with many styles over the past 15 years ranging from the big room house sounds of the late 90's to the US/Chicago-style that was prominent during the 2000's....Mark Farina, Joey Youngman, Miguel Miggs, Kerri Chandler, Inland Knights, Milton Jackson, Doc Martin...lately I tend toward new emerging Nu-Disco sounds and 70's/80's disco re-edits...big stuff coming from Dicky Trisco, SatinJackets at present.

I've also enjoyed a bit of time on the Irish Festival Circuit having Played alongside Charles Webster, The Revenge, YachtRock, Reublik & Gavin Boyce to name a few at Indiependence 2011 just before I left for Australia last year.

Looking to network with like-minded individuals who have a keen interest in all types of electronic music and want to a decent night to become involved with in Perth.......I read that there is no Deep House Scene in Perth?...Then let's build one,together from scratch.

With regards to some of the previous posts contained in this thread - I'm not interest in anyone of a racist/prejudiced bent....unless you're anti D'N'B.. ....Just kidding, some of the best nights I've had were Drum & Bass nights with Ed Razor & Roni Size....long time ago... RESPECT.

Some mixes for you: http://soundcloud.com/grant-stevens

Deep Down Under F/B Page (Just created today!): https://www.facebook.com/groups/257716097671928/

Drop me a mail/PM/email any time.

Steve G.

Lately listening to: 6th Borough Project, Cole Medina,Dixon, Maya J Coles, Mario Basinov, Ten Snake, Hector Couto, Marvin Zeyss, loads more..

Last edited by GrantStevens: 05-Jul-12 at 01:38am

untitled-1 +

Times thanked
< 4
TONIGHT:
US House Tribute : JULY Sessions
Today at 11:00pm at Geisha Bar
PrestonDJ +

www.facebook.com/prestondj

Times thanked
< 0
Hey guys i am djing at a night that is all about house music we are running every month and our next edition is 4th of August

We are looking for more DJs also so bring Demos in and leave them at the Door with Sam or ask where Sean Davies is.

http://www.facebook.com/events/384205021635350/
www.twitter.com/Preston_dj

www.facebook.com/Preston_dj

Last edited by PrestonDJ: 25-Jul-12 at 12:32am

danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,294
i know this barely constitutes deep house thread worthy, but i hope maceo plex makes his way over here for this australian tour! i was so upset that he cancelled his last tour!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Go fuck yourself, Daniel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

the fuck kind of name is danmowfive

Benjamin_Price +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by untitled-1 View Post

no dude we dont have roof tops ..we have bush doofs (google that) and beach parties ... will let ya know where n when .... bring your swimmers and runners ..(google that) when ya get here let us know we need some fresh poms ....

Cool, I will be in touch when Im over!
untitled-1 +

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrestonDJ View Post

Hey guys i am djing at a night that is all about house music we are running every month and our next edition is 4th of August

We are looking for more DJs also so bring Demos in and leave them at the Door with Sam or ask where Sean Davies is.

http://www.facebook.com/events/384205021635350/

cool will pop in and catch 2 fat djs before the us house night at geisha ..cheers

« Previous Thread Next Thread »