Sport and Fitness

NBA 2011-2012 thread

Tools
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 412
Peirce came up huge with that 3, let's go Celtics!

going to take a 3-2 lead back to Boston if they last another 15 seconds
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,313
C'mon Boston!
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,313
Yessssssss!!!!!!
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
^^^ I agree about LBJ...never questioned his skills/talent and he has a lot of it...but everything else about him I hate...c'mon, who puts a tattoo on himself, Choosen One?

And, the Spurs...always damn hard to watch when you've been on a roll then you suddenly lose it at crucial times...falling to pieces in the last two games...credit to Thunder, its the kind of shooting and plays we expected to see...they finally found their mojo back...either way, the West will winner overall.

And C's...clicking into gear when Miami finally gets Bosh back...good work...just one win!
[Put Signature Here]
Strech +

Times thanked
< 252
Ohh snap! Heat on the verge of an exit. Spoelstra is goneski if they lose this one.

Phil Jackson for replacement
Hip Hop | House | Re-Edits

http://soundcloud.com/kid-deep
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Would Pat Riley coach again?
[Put Signature Here]
cozza147 +

Times thanked
< 54
yea Boston. Going to watch replay when i get home!
SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
< 116

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackmasta View Post

^^^ I agree about LBJ...never questioned his skills/talent and he has a lot of it...but everything else about him I hate...c'mon, who puts a tattoo on himself, Choosen One?

please tell me it's spelt like that

Celtics being up is a big surprise to me, really didn't think they'd have the legs, especially after that first quarter and with bosh back in the game. have no idea how they stayed up there shooting at the percentage they were.

have to say my moneys on OKC today - going to be really, really tough for the spurs playing them at home.
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,043
Comeon Sppurrrsss. I want a G7 so I can watch this shit Saturday morning!
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 344
^ yea I am hoping for game 7s in both series. Will make for a great weekend of viewing.
"...and I know that I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with. And I know that given the choice I probably wouldn't have chosen you as friends but I just wanna say that over the years I've come to regard you as........ people I met."
- Arnold Rimmer, Red Dwarf.
hammm +

Times thanked
< 510
captain jack!
Morphee +

Everybody recognise rastaman to show them some knowledge

Times thanked
< 3,987
Between this game, and Game 4 of the Stanley Cup final, I am not doing any work at my desk today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZA View Post

hiphop mixing is where its at. 30 second snippets. 100+ tracks an hour. just scratch the shit out of a record between em and smash the cross fader like OJ treats a white girl.

primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,043
Oh shit, OKC with the big comeback, fucking lift Spurs!
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 275
Well that was suprising. The once unbeatable Spurs lose 4 in a row and are done.

OKC are one scary basketball team.
Come with us back to those inglorious days when heroes weren't zeros. Before fair was square. When the cavalry came straight away and all-American men were like Hemingway to the days of the wondrous B movie. Gil Scott-Heron
Strech +

Times thanked
< 252
LOL Spurs

I liked the espn tweet "The Thunder essentially just swept a team that won 20 straight"

So after last years first round KO & this years sweep after a 20 game win streak, how much of a disappointment are these Spurs?

Followed the game on play by play & analyst tweets & it seemed like officiating was suss at best. OKC getting the home game treatment for sure.

Anyways looking forward to tomorrows game, its gonna be ON in Beantown
Hip Hop | House | Re-Edits

http://soundcloud.com/kid-deep
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Farking up more than 15 points than lost it...4th quarter was a slow death...

Strech: Look at the bigger picture...Spurs have been written-off for the last number of seasons...Spurs continue to exceed everyone's expectations...yes, its disappointing we couldn't carry on from the regular season success but Spurs deserve every credit for being in this kind of position in the first place...still a proud Spurs fan...now, on the other hand, not much can be said about the LA Fakers...pun intended

And, I've called it from the start...Thunder and Bulls final...(too bad what happened to Rose)...Thunder has been the hot favourites since the season began...deserved to be in the finals...and I will still back Thunder to go all the way despite knocking out the Spurs...you can't possibly hate this team, especially with C's and Heat on the other side

Having said that, hope C's beat those Heat...hoping to catch the 4th quarter tomorrow during lunchtime and look attentively what LBJ does in clutch time...hope it doesn't go to overtime though!
[Put Signature Here]
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,043
Yeah OKC deserve the series win. What a beast comeback. Comeon Heat, give me my fucking G7 on the weekend
sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56
Strech there were definitely some rough calls against the spurs but it cut both ways all game (and all series actually) both teams benefited from some shady refereeing. I'd call it about even.

Classic game today, fact is there was no way the spurs were going to keep shooting the way they did in the first half, and Pop was forced to play his older guys in the third quarter which blew their legs for the endgame. Oh, also Kevin Durant is a total monster. One of the greatest scorers i've ever seen, and he's only 23. Awesome.

San antonio played an amazing first half and decent second, fact is OKC is an unbelievable team. They've made the Finals after beating last years champs, a tough laker team, and now the best team throughout the regular season, nobody can say they dont deserve it and they seem to be improving game by game.
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
^^^ Spot on apart from one comment...tough Faker team? HUH! I beg to differ! Kudos for Thunder getting out of their funk as they looked like falling apart towards the end of the regular season...
[Put Signature Here]
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 275

Quote:

Why hate him? The major douche thing Lebron did was the way he went about changing teams to Miami. Apart from that major fuckup, there is no more to dislike than any other high profile NBA player, in fact I would say there is generally less. He supports his teammates, he supports his coach and is an unselfish player that enjoys being in a team rather than seeing it as a necessity. He couldn’t be more different to Kobe Bryant, yet Kobe gets the adulation. It’s a weird world.

Interesting piece: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8...n-being-lebron
Come with us back to those inglorious days when heroes weren't zeros. Before fair was square. When the cavalry came straight away and all-American men were like Hemingway to the days of the wondrous B movie. Gil Scott-Heron
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

Originally Posted by trist View Post

Why hate him? The major douche thing Lebron did was the way he went about changing teams to Miami. Apart from that major fuckup, there is no more to dislike than any other high profile NBA player, in fact I would say there is generally less. He supports his teammates, he supports his coach and is an unselfish player that enjoys being in a team rather than seeing it as a necessity. He couldn’t be more different to Kobe Bryant, yet Kobe gets the adulation. It’s a weird world.

Agree again. Most, if not all NFL/NBA players are fucking douchebags.

Haters gonna hate.
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
Optimus Rhyme +

The Black Barry White

Times thanked
< 127

Quote:

Kobe wins. Winning is better than losing. Not Rocket Surgery.

I am starting to come around on my hate of both Lebron and Kobe. But you gotta respect Kobe more... James is just extremely talented and that's it. Kobe is possibly literally psychopathic and channels all his ****iness and fucked-upness into competing to win. Lebron said of game 5 "we gave ourselves a chance to win and that's all you can ask for"... NO IT ISN'T... and he just says so much pussy shit like that.

Lebron is possibly the most talented basketball player EVER. EVER. And it just fucking sucks to see him not have that killer, psychotic desire of Kobe, MJ, Bird, Magic etc... yes the decision was douchey but meh, he's a young billionaire and bound to be a bit of a dick. I am starting to hate him much less, like this postseason for instance he couldn't really do much more than he's been doing Miami have been terrible. But yeah, no burning desire to win, especially considering his talent. WHY DOES HE NOT TAKE IT TO THE RIM EVERY POSSESSION WHEN THEY ARE DOWN IN THE 4TH OF A BIG GAME? It's completely fucking inexplicable. I'm not saying he could do the 27 of the last 28 thing he did against detroit in 2007 every time, but if he even TRIED, he would have won a lot more than he has. Fact. That said he did do a lot with some dogshit Cleveland teams and Miami ARE awful. the fuck happened to wade?

Read a great thing on LBJ the other day, will try find. Sorta talked about how Lebron just loves playing basketball and that's basically it. he likes smashing other teams, loves passing and getting people involved, loves making impressive plays, and loving the game is surely a great thing. But it's nto enough if YOU want to be considered great.

oh and it's been like 9 years of meaningless unfunniness now, can we consider retiring "haters gonna hate"??

yeha that's right. I'm hating on "haters gonna hate". WHAT.

but yeah all that said, I am coming around on him. he is a fantastic player. but its easy to forget that he's been in the league a long time now and the door is closing on him coming even vaguely near his actual potential
"You a Happy Meal nigga with a toy in the box,
I clap the steel, nigga, put ya boy in a box."
sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Rhyme View Post

WHY DOES HE NOT TAKE IT TO THE RIM EVERY POSSESSION WHEN THEY ARE DOWN IN THE 4TH OF A BIG GAME?

because that tactic is incredibly easy to defend against (see clevelands lacklustre finals performances for more details).

How can you say he hasn't reached his potential? If the sole definition of his potential is winning a championship, then sure. But otherwise, statistically the guy is absolutely off the charts, winning % (with largely mediocre teams) is off the charts, he's won multiple MVPs, scoring titles, dragged three pretty shitty teams into the finals. What on earth do you consider to be his "potential"?
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,313
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 275

Quote:

Kobe wins. Winning is better than losing. Not Rocket Surgery.

I am starting to come around on my hate of both Lebron and Kobe. But you gotta respect Kobe more... James is just extremely talented and that's it. Kobe is possibly literally psychopathic and channels all his ****iness and fucked-upness into competing to win. Lebron said of game 5 "we gave ourselves a chance to win and that's all you can ask for"... NO IT ISN'T... and he just says so much pussy shit like that.

Lebron is possibly the most talented basketball player EVER. EVER. And it just fucking sucks to see him not have that killer, psychotic desire of Kobe, MJ, Bird, Magic etc... yes the decision was douchey but meh, he's a young billionaire and bound to be a bit of a dick. I am starting to hate him much less, like this postseason for instance he couldn't really do much more than he's been doing Miami have been terrible. But yeah, no burning desire to win, especially considering his talent. WHY DOES HE NOT TAKE IT TO THE RIM EVERY POSSESSION WHEN THEY ARE DOWN IN THE 4TH OF A BIG GAME? It's completely fucking inexplicable. I'm not saying he could do the 27 of the last 28 thing he did against detroit in 2007 every time, but if he even TRIED, he would have won a lot more than he has. Fact. That said he did do a lot with some dogshit Cleveland teams and Miami ARE awful. the fuck happened to wade?

Read a great thing on LBJ the other day, will try find. Sorta talked about how Lebron just loves playing basketball and that's basically it. he likes smashing other teams, loves passing and getting people involved, loves making impressive plays, and loving the game is surely a great thing. But it's nto enough if YOU want to be considered great.

oh and it's been like 9 years of meaningless unfunniness now, can we consider retiring "haters gonna hate"??

yeha that's right. I'm hating on "haters gonna hate". WHAT.

but yeah all that said, I am coming around on him. he is a fantastic player. but its easy to forget that he's been in the league a long time now and the door is closing on him coming even vaguely near his actual potential

Interesting. I think you nailed a large factor in this LBJ hate, and that is his inexplicable inability to reach his full potential. But why hate him for it? It’s just not who he is. He is not Russell, or MJ, or Bird or Magic or Isiah. He is more like Wilt, but a far better teammate. I think the hate stems from unrealistic expectations and false advertising. His brand was built up as “the chosen one” and he is failing that impossible and stupid slogan. I don’t even blame him for it really, from what I’ve read it’s the people around him that have largely lead him down this path. Guys like Maverick Carter’s father who saw the gravy train from an early age and held on with both hands.

And fuck Kobe. I respect his work ethic, but that is all. Everything else deserves scorn.
compressed +

<3 jessica simpson

Times thanked
< 228
so...when does summer league start?

still numb from yesterday's game. fuck okc.
"its kind of like crystal meth freebased in a bong full of foamed milk" | _soundcloud
Optimus Rhyme +

The Black Barry White

Times thanked
< 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneaky hands View Post

because that tactic is incredibly easy to defend against (see clevelands lacklustre finals performances for more details).

How can you say he hasn't reached his potential? If the sole definition of his potential is winning a championship, then sure. But otherwise, statistically the guy is absolutely off the charts, winning % (with largely mediocre teams) is off the charts, he's won multiple MVPs, scoring titles, dragged three pretty shitty teams into the finals. What on earth do you consider to be his "potential"?

Yeah, I guess I do expect a championship, but really what I expect is him to step up at the end of big games... was exaggerating with the driving every time thing, but really, sometimes he gets SO passive, standing around the arc, just passing it back to someone else outside the arc... it IS ridiculous. I mean last year he literally had the largest gap between reg season and finals scoring average in NBA history.

and also, he just fucked himself the way he drew attention to the decision, and he has made it clear repeatedly he did it to make things easier. the fact that it was pre-planned just rubbed me the wrong way, and he has given up part of his legacy by doing so... one Cleveland championship would have equaled 3 in miami, easily.

Obviously I'm being unreasonable and nitpicking at someone who is a thousand times more talented at basketball than I'll ever be at anything.... but that is one of the joys of sports! You pick your heroes and villains.

I guess I have a personal grudge as well as I'm usually an underdog guy but he was so amazing I invested all my hope in him. I'd love to see him become the player I have decribed, as I say my hate has waned a lot. But yeah, I think through various decisions and performances he has put a ceiling on how great his career can be, looking back when all is said and done.

and yeah TRIST i;'d agree with you, have often thought the Wilt thing... and yeah as above it certainly is unreasonable to scrutinize him so, but it comes from a place of love. I want him to do better! Kobe is a massive fuck but at least he embraces it. I honestly think he channels the same energies serial killers do but just uses them on bball Lebron is less of a fuck, but he tries to hide it and is always doing things and backpedaling.

The boy LBJ is on fire in this game though (still on 1st Q), really hope he leads them to a win

Last edited by Optimus Rhyme: 08-Jun-12 at 10:18am

TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 6,085
heat bringing it.... only thing thats giving me comfort is knowing how little leads have meant this playoff series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56

Quote:

sometimes he gets SO passive, standing around the arc, just passing it back to someone else outside the arc... it IS ridiculous.

I do agree with this, Jeff van Gundy goes on about him needing to be more active and getting in positions where he's one dribble away from the bucket, and he's absolutely right.
Optimus Rhyme +

The Black Barry White

Times thanked
< 127
see how i psyched lebron up??? I'm awesome.
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 6,085
i'm celts fan but i aint gonna lie. LBJ vs KD would be EPIC
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,043
Man that was a huge game by LBJ. G7 action on Sunday morning, fucking yesss
sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56

Quote:

see how i psyched lebron up??? I'm awesome.

dunno if it was my imagination man but i swear at one point he pointed at the ceiling and mouthed the words "optimus rhyme" after sinking a bucket
Optimus Rhyme +

The Black Barry White

Times thanked
< 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneaky hands View Post

dunno if it was my imagination man but i swear at one point he pointed at the ceiling and mouthed the words "optimus rhyme" after sinking a bucket

pretty sure he did
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137

Quote:

Interesting. I think you nailed a large factor in this LBJ hate, and that is his inexplicable inability to reach his full potential. But why hate him for it? It’s just not who he is. He is not Russell, or MJ, or Bird or Magic or Isiah. He is more like Wilt, but a far better teammate. I think the hate stems from unrealistic expectations and false advertising. His brand was built up as “the chosen one” and he is failing that impossible and stupid slogan. I don’t even blame him for it really, from what I’ve read it’s the people around him that have largely lead him down this path. Guys like Maverick Carter’s father who saw the gravy train from an early age and held on with both hands.

And fuck Kobe. I respect his work ethic, but that is all. Everything else deserves scorn.

Built up as 'the chosen one'...so then he tattoos that to himself...really?

"I'm bringing my talents to South Beach"...no arrogance there *sigh* This "announcment"...if you wanted to find the worst way possible to announce that your leaving your hometown...this was it.

Not to be too harsh on the guy...he is human afterall and not breaking the law...but I have to say the media and the people around him played some part with his arrogance and creating all the LBJ hate since he appeared in those high school games..."next best thing since MJ" etc

Yes, he killed it today...but i also noticed he did look a bit crumpy when he finally got benched in the latter parts of the 4th quarter...me and my workmates said...pissed off he didn't get 50points??? And, coincidentally, Wade has turned into a cock since LBJ landed in Miami...bringing his talents to South Beach of course

And the LBJ vs. Kobe debate...who is worst? Gotta say Kobe...yes, good competitor and player...but doesn't give enough respect/credit to other people, whether it be coach, team mates, wife and women (haha)...it annoyed me a bit how his known to be the clutch player so expects the ball everytime and as years passed he knows his getting older and not up to scratch with the clutch plays...so he then all of a sudden expects Gasol (who has gone through season after season knowing the game plan that Kobe always has the ball in clutch play) to shoot and all...Gasol fails, and Kobe calls him out in the media. This is the way I see it...

Last edited by Trackmasta: 08-Jun-12 at 07:12pm

Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
P.S. How lucky of a player is Fisher...still making crucial shots and one step closer to another ring!
[Put Signature Here]
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

And, coincidentally, Wade has turned to a cock since LBJ landed in Miami...bringing his talents to South Beach of course

whut?
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
Trackmasta +

Times thanked
< 137
Turned into a cock. You should get the idea. Being in this forum at work...I'm always bound for mistakes.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Sorry i thought you meant his form turned to cock. Because he's been on fire since lebro came
Yorke Hunt +

Times thanked
< 46

Quote:

P.S. How lucky of a player is Fisher...still making crucial shots and one step closer to another ring!

he didnt do a lot in the regular season for okc, but he has earnt some of his money during the play offs. big shots and some good defense.

i was just saying the other day - how lucky is boris diaw? went from struggling to get a game with the bob cats to starting in the western conference play offs for a team who looked like they might have made it all the way...

super stoked to see okc get through. i was feeling ill in the first half when we were 18 down... huge third quarter to bring it back and solid play in the 4th to keep the lead.

i really dont know who i would prefer to get through. boston are taking it hard to the heat but i reckon okc would just about sweep them. heat would be a bit tricker, especially if le bron fires up for another game like today, wade is capable of doing that too...
May Mix Available Now: http://soundcloud.com/yorkehunt/yorke-hunt-may-2010
soundcloud.com/yorkehunt : twitter.com/yorkehunt : facebook.com/yorkehunt : myspace.com/yorkehunt
sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56
i struggle to see how miami will match up with OKC. The thunder can afford to bench perkins and go small for almost entire games against them, which means seriously potent offense. Then again this is NBA ball, anything can happen.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Miami have a pretty under-rated defence imo. And with Bosh back they look like they have a more balanced offence.

I don't think Boston will match up on OKC as well as miami would. Although they're hard to beat at home.
sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56
oh there's no doubt miami have probably the best perimeter defense in the league, but they don't have anyone menacing in the middle. You saw what happened to SA when they took duncan out of the game - perkins sat and it turned into dunk city. and SA's defense is hardly weak.
Still a shootout between James and Durant, Wade and Russell, it's the stuff of wet dreams really.
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 6,085
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 412
see Bron took an early shower after his awesome game... classless, pretty apt description of a typical Celtics fan amiright?
Optimus Rhyme +

The Black Barry White

Times thanked
< 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyShaun View Post

see Bron took an early shower after his awesome game... classless, pretty apt description of a typical Celtics fan amiright?

Lebron is a typical Celtics fan now? I'm sure that's not what you meant to say but I'm very curious as to what you are trying to say...
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 6,085
i think he's talking about the fact someone in the crowd threw their drink at him as he was walking down the tunnel. fucking disgraceful imo. hate that sort of shit. hopefully that dude was picked out and then given to artest.
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 275
Just watched Game 7 of the 1984 Finals. Trying to channel some ancient Celtic mojo.

Quote:

"The Celtics aren't a team, they're a way of life."
Red Auerbach

Optimus Rhyme +

The Black Barry White

Times thanked
< 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZA View Post

i think he's talking about the fact someone in the crowd threw their drink at him as he was walking down the tunnel. fucking disgraceful imo. hate that sort of shit. hopefully that dude was picked out and then given to artest.

ah that makes sense.

Happy for Lebron. last two games he really made it happen. Kinda hate myself

but fuck it, he is such an amazing player, I want to see him be the best. two very clutch performances in a row to lead them into the finals
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 412
yea my bad guess i should have explained but since Lebron had that epic game and all that i could find was news on someone throwing a drink at him... I don't like Lebron at all, but after a game like that, sucks that news is all reporting on some nobody throwing a drink at him taking away from the basketball story.

can't say i'm happy that OKC Vs Miami in the finals but i guess it will be particularly good watching for the part time basketball fans. Guess my Spurs Vs Boston finals will have to play out on the XBox, doubt there will be a chance next year.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »