Page 2 of 2
  Tools
Soloman +

Times thanked
< 73
Defqon1 NL tickets packages go onsale tomorrow 10am Sydney time 24/04/12
WARNING:
The above post may contain sex, violence, drugs, sexual violence,
violent sex, sexual drugs, violent drugs and violently sexual drugs.
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 3,395

Quote:

Originally Posted by spide View Post

planning trip to europe between july and august next year as well. At the moment the only musts i have on my list are ibiza for at least a week and tomorrowland. Staying away from england becuase of the olympics. Any advice on festivals or other places to go?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon_Murphy View Post

Next year doing Tree of Life (Turkey), Ozora (Hungary) & Boom (Portugal) plus whatever smaller festivals we find in between. Gonna be epic.

Summer Festival Map 2012

these words fill this space
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
I've got tickets to Exit and Monegros desert festival.

Both are pretty unique and up the more wild end of the euro festival spectrum. Pumped!

Has anyone else been to Monegros or is this an ITM first?
Road2Recovery +

Times thanked
< 82
Im goin to the ashes in 2013, and wanting to hit up some parties and festivals in between the test matches.
exit and hideout are definately on the cards, bencassim is the same weekend as exit, but im wanting to hit up barca/ibiza regardless so im down for some club action there.
any suggestions?
stefifreeman +

TOMORROWLAND 2012!

Times thanked
< 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkdogz View Post

I've got tickets to Exit and Monegros desert festival.

Both are pretty unique and up the more wild end of the euro festival spectrum. Pumped!

Has anyone else been to Monegros or is this an ITM first?

lol again ian walker we cross paths in more than one place in europe we're doing monegros as well! are you doing tmwland again too?
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
awesome! you doing exit as well? nuh didn't bother with TL this year, figured I should check out some other stuff! Alas, we both find ourselves back in Europe

Monegros is looking like it's gonna be an epic mission!
stefifreeman +

TOMORROWLAND 2012!

Times thanked
< 6
nope we were going to! but wanted to leave later so could come back later.. so ditched it! exit can wait!! tomorrowland is what i'm really going back for! yeh monegros will be sick
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
Haha nice well I'll see ya at Monegros, have a great time at tomorrowland!
RetroTraxFestival +

Times thanked
< 0
You can get cheap flights for our oldskool festival, this is the FIRST ever 100% oldskool festival and it's in the UK in Bath (Beautiful place). Our festival is guaranteed not to break the bank too.

Hats off to CeCe Rogers, Chris 'BAM BAM' Westbrook, Ian Blandy (Dream Frequency), DJ Faydz foir doing these videos for us. Especially as most of them were ill at the time.. lol

http://retrotraxfestival.co.uk/artist-video-promo/

Also, check out this fantastic mix by DJ Producer

http://soundcloud.com/retro-trax/the...cer-retro-trax

AND, we also have Debbie Sharpe coming over from the US to sing live for Dream Frequency

This first ever 100% oldskool festival is the event of the year!

Get your tickets (what's left) now here : http://retrotraxfestival.co.uk/tickets/
van_tango +

someone like you

Times thanked
< 13
Sadly I won't be able to get over to Berghein this july
I have heard of people having trouble getting in but you just have to dress right.

I will however be in Frankfurt for a weekend. Anyone been to Cocoon? Reviews?
sockz +

om nom nom

Times thanked
< 4
Please stop spamming your shit everywhere- It's getting old. At the very least put it in your own thread.
tails - Latest tracks - soundcloud.com/tails0909/
www.tailsat.bandcamp.com
nickgalea +

Times thanked
< 1
anyone been to electronic family in amsterdam, opinions, advice etc would be great????

cheers
i_am_wesel +

hardcore

Times thanked
< 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickgalea View Post

anyone been to electronic family in amsterdam, opinions, advice etc would be great????

cheers

It's an ok festival. I would go again. Nice sounds and a chill crowd. Bit of an ass to get too. What else do you need to know?
Road2Recovery +

Times thanked
< 82
Righteo, I'm headin to the Ashes in 2013 probably between early July and Early August.
Can someone list some good festivals to check out?
Ideally I'd like to check out Exit, Hideout and Bennicassim, although by the 2012 dates, they might clash with the cricket.
Anyone got any ideas?
Here are the cricket dates I might be going to: but probably either test 1 and 2, or test 1 and 3.
1st Test: Trent Bridge 10-14 July 2013 (Nottingham)
2nd Test: Lords 18-22 July 2013 (London)
3rd Test: Old Trafford 1-5 August 2013 (Manchester)
richcur +

Peanuts

Times thanked
< 145
Hey anyone looking for tickets to Exit I have two for sale, £200 for the pair. I've checked and they're fully transferable. Please pm me or email richwool@gmail.com
nickgalea +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_am_wesel View Post

It's an ok festival. I would go again. Nice sounds and a chill crowd. Bit of an ass to get too. What else do you need to know?

hey mate thanks for your reply, soo its pretty decent you say? the videos on youtube make it look pretty average :S im thinking of giving it a go. the location is right next to the airport yeh?
i_am_wesel +

hardcore

Times thanked
< 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickgalea View Post

hey mate thanks for your reply, soo its pretty decent you say? the videos on youtube make it look pretty average :S im thinking of giving it a go. the location is right next to the airport yeh?

No. The only festival nearest the airport is Mysteryland I guess. You can get the bus to that one from the airport. Most of them are half hour/ bit more from the airport by train.

We went to E family by train and then its a walk. It's only 2 stages and the crowd was a fair bit older and a lot more chilled. TBH I don't remember the main stage looking that packed out. It was quite empty when we went. But last years was the first run, and yet to take off I guess. Food and sound and facilities were excellent standard tho. Hope it's amazing for you.
nickgalea +

Times thanked
< 1
hmmm its not next to the airport?? because when i type it in google maps its shows up as being right next to the airport??? :S
i_am_wesel +

hardcore

Times thanked
< 7
You don't walk there if that's what you mean. We got a taxi back to our hotel which was the NH at schipol and it was a fair hike.
Jerry +

Disciple of Jebus

Times thanked
< 32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Road2Recovery View Post

Righteo, I'm headin to the Ashes in 2013 probably between early July and Early August.
Can someone list some good festivals to check out?
Ideally I'd like to check out Exit, Hideout and Bennicassim, although by the 2012 dates, they might clash with the cricket.
Anyone got any ideas?
Here are the cricket dates I might be going to: but probably either test 1 and 2, or test 1 and 3.
1st Test: Trent Bridge 10-14 July 2013 (Nottingham)
2nd Test: Lords 18-22 July 2013 (London)
3rd Test: Old Trafford 1-5 August 2013 (Manchester)

I am doing the same, gonna go for 4 weeks and hit up 1 test… Will either be Glastonbury, 1st Test, Ibiza and Exit Festival or 3rd Test, Ibiza, Tomorrowland and maybe something else… Just depends on if I can get Glastonbury tickets…
Road2Recovery +

Times thanked
< 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry View Post

I am doing the same, gonna go for 4 weeks and hit up 1 test… Will either be Glastonbury, 1st Test, Ibiza and Exit Festival or 3rd Test, Ibiza, Tomorrowland and maybe something else… Just depends on if I can get Glastonbury tickets…

Sounds like we could be doing something similar.
keep posting in here when you suss out tickets etc.
have you entered the relevant ballots for ashes tix?
Soloman +

Times thanked
< 73
where do enter the ballot for ashes tix? ill been keen for that..
WARNING:
The above post may contain sex, violence, drugs, sexual violence,
violent sex, sexual drugs, violent drugs and violently sexual drugs.
Jerry +

Disciple of Jebus

Times thanked
< 32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Road2Recovery View Post

Sounds like we could be doing something similar.
keep posting in here when you suss out tickets etc.
have you entered the relevant ballots for ashes tix?

Nah I was just gonna do a 2 day package at either the 1st or 3rd test with the fanatics, I did it in 05 at the Nottingham test and it was great. Its good sitting in a big group and abusing and getting abused by the English fans and players... Its good fun banter...
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
Would love to go to the Ashes in England but not with those wankers. Will subscribe to the ballot.
Jerry +

Disciple of Jebus

Times thanked
< 32
Anyone been to both Tomorrowland and Exit Festival? Which one would you recommend if you could only do one?
martindagun +

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Anyone been to both Tomorrowland and Exit Festival? Which one would you recommend if you could only do one?

Did both last year. I much preferred Tomorrowland and so did my friend. Exit has a good variety if your into rock and the like. But there was only a bit of house/techno on the dance stage, and then a fair bit of electro house. So for us there wasn't always something on. Where at Tomorrowland we were so spoilt for choice.

Things that were better at Exit included: Cheap beer (6 pints for about $13). Awesome location in abandoned fortress. Dancing to the sunrise. Eastern european girls. Heaps of cool small stages to check out when theres nothing on.

No point naming the tomorrowland awesomeness, you've seen the videos...
Jerry +

Disciple of Jebus

Times thanked
< 32
Yeah the review of Tomorrowland on ITM sounds amazing but it seems to not go all the way through to sunrise, does Exit Festival go through to sunrise?
martindagun +

Times thanked
< 4
Optional

Quote:

Yeah the review of Tomorrowland on ITM sounds amazing but it seems to not go all the way through to sunrise, does Exit Festival go through to sunrise?

Exit was a night festival. It runs from like 8pm to 8am.
While Tomorrowland is like noon to midnight.
Jerry +

Disciple of Jebus

Times thanked
< 32

Quote:

Originally Posted by martindagun View Post

Exit was a night festival. It runs from like 8pm to 8am.
While Tomorrowland is like noon to midnight.

What do people after the festivals have finished for the day, is there much after partying etc?
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
^ dude, you're spent after the day... ppl were mostly falling asleep on the bus back to the accommodation. and there's nothing around the festival area, the only partying after would be if you were camping. As for Exit, it just gets looser as the sun rises! and it rises pretty early too, around 5am.

I just left an Exit review in its thread. I've done it and TL now. They're both awesome for different reasons. I think Exit is a bit edgier and darker which I liked, but the choice isn't as mind blowing as TL granted, but then again you can't see most of that shit anyway so as long as there's enough good acts to get you through, which Exit certainly has, then it's not really much of an issue.

The hot HOT HOT eastern European girls at exit make it worth it alone, RIDICULOUS beauty every metre of the festival.

My best advice would be to do both. They're probably the 2 best festivals in Europe and they're perfectly different from one another so you don't feel like you're doing the same thing twice.
Jerry +

Disciple of Jebus

Times thanked
< 32

Quote:

^ dude, you're spent after the day... ppl were mostly falling asleep on the bus back to the accommodation. and there's nothing around the festival area, the only partying after would be if you were camping. As for Exit, it just gets looser as the sun rises! and it rises pretty early too, around 5am.

I just left an Exit review in its thread. I've done it and TL now. They're both awesome for different reasons. I think Exit is a bit edgier and darker which I liked, but the choice isn't as mind blowing as TL granted, but then again you can't see most of that shit anyway so as long as there's enough good acts to get you through, which Exit certainly has, then it's not really much of an issue.

The hot HOT HOT eastern European girls at exit make it worth it alone, RIDICULOUS beauty every metre of the festival.

My best advice would be to do both. They're probably the 2 best festivals in Europe and they're perfectly different from one another so you don't feel like you're doing the same thing twice.

I like the sound of the sun rising and the festival finishing in the morning for the day but not starting again until 8pm is a bit long to be hanging around a campsite/acomodation etc, that can't be right? Hot Eastern European girls =
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
Yeah in a way but it's 8 till 8 so it's half the day you can be there really so if u sleep a good 8 hours there isn't much time to kill... in a campsite it'd be a bit long but in proper accom you can sleep most of the day, fuck around a bit, sit in the town centre and perve on the best looking women on earth, then head over to the festival
Jerry +

Disciple of Jebus

Times thanked
< 32

Quote:

Yeah in a way but it's 8 till 8 so it's half the day you can be there really so if u sleep a good 8 hours there isn't much time to kill... in a campsite it'd be a bit long but in proper accom you can sleep most of the day, fuck around a bit, sit in the town centre and perve on the best looking women on earth, then head over to the festival

I can't sleep at things like that, I just want to keep partying...

This looks more like it, has pool parties during the day... http://www.hideoutfestival.com/
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
yeah I arrived a week after that started this year which was a let down.

There'd be day parties around for sure though at Exit.
billymarsh +

Times thanked
< 1
If I knew about this sooner I could have booked the time off work. I'll try and make it down but don't fancy my chances.
timmy975 +

Times thanked
< 24
Anyone doing Dimensions festival? Looks amazing, can't wait!!
martindagun +

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

What do people after the festivals have finished for the day, is there much after partying etc?

Likes been said above. People might kick back a bit after tomorrowland, but hit the sack pretyy quickly. At exit you would probably only party if you camp. But its 35+ everyday.you really want a room with air con.and just sitting in the town square in the arvo eating cheap food and beer, while watchingall these models walk past is a good way to spend the arvo.
Page 2 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »