BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
Fuck.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/...-show-upd.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry2234 View Post

People need to learn how fucking dance rather then playing with there phones rocking side to side

crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

Times thanked
< 8,299

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMoney

Fuck.

x2

That is to say, fuck fuck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
alison87 +

acid evangelist

Times thanked
< 0
Fuck Joss Whedon in his nerdy white ass.
house music is delicious
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
O..k....

Quote:

People need to learn how fucking dance rather then playing with there phones rocking side to side

magictorch +

My avatar is my own brain

Times thanked
< 0
Looks like Terminator Salvation won't provide much comfort to fans mourning the last of the TV show, judging by the first reviews...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon, SameSame forum, "Beautiful Genitalia" thread

And I can honestly say I have never slagged off cocks. Because I don't think they are ugly or pointless, Nor do I think vaginas are stunning to look at, but comparing them to a toasted cheese sandwich, joke or not is offensive to ME.

BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
And the action figures are teeeerrrible. The endoskeleton's look mentally handicapped

Quote:

sparc54 +

A model citizen.

Times thanked
< 2
Motherfuckers. Would love if some other network could pick it up, but seems unlikely.
fatman +

Watch this space

Times thanked
< 0
Yeah that blows goats!
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparc54

Motherfuckers. Would love if some other network could pick it up, but seems unlikely.

Yeah, like Showtime. Can you just imagine how good that'd be?!?!

Quote:

Arclite +

Times thanked
< 29
Goddamittt this is disappointing. I just don't understand why it didn't rate very well - it was such compelling TV. Was it too 'smart' for the average punter? I have a sneaking suspicion.
Evan +

Times thanked
< 0
It was fuckn'n shit. Thats why. A low rent show that couldnt live up to the feel or themes of its cinema predecessors. Wasnt nothin smart about it.
magictorch +

Times thanked
< 0
I have to agree.

T:TSCC missed the mark by quite a long shot in my opinion. I started watching the first season as a fan of the franchise but I had an open mind. I was continually disappointed. I realised it wasn't going to have the budget of the movies, but I thought a lot of the themes and characterisation were way off-key. So I stopped watching.

I started watching the last few episodes of the second season (as well as the first couple, if I recall) and things just hadn't improved much at all. In fact, by that point, I felt like it had taken the silliness to the extreme.

I don't begrudge people who did enjoy it, and it's a shame for them that the series was cancelled, but this was not a show was 'entitled' to continue. I'm into 'smart' TV, I'm into 'smart' sci-fi, but T:TSCC just didn't seem very good to me. I kept comparing it to Battlestar Galactica, which was my favourite TV programme at the time, and The Sarah Connor Chronicles seemed so amateurish by comparison.

Ultimately, people expect the Terminator franchise to involve a constant, seemingly unstoppable threat to the future saviour of the human race. If you can't offer that but can offer an alternative, it doesn't matter what that alternative is, people are going to be disappointed.

Quote:

And I can honestly say I have never slagged off cocks. Because I don't think they are ugly or pointless, Nor do I think vaginas are stunning to look at, but comparing them to a toasted cheese sandwich, joke or not is offensive to ME.

Arclite +

Times thanked
< 29
^^^ Ok so you guys say it was shit but don’t really qualify your remarks. Please enlighten me further.

Some qualified musings of my own…

T1 was a great film. T2 also good but the little John Conner brat shat me beyond belief.
T3 was average – not having Sarah Connor as a main character was a big fail IMO. I hope that T4 lives up to the hype. The first two movies set a very high bar.

TSCC was clever in that it had multiple but connected story arcs: Skynet vs John Henry & Shirley vs the Connors vs whatever came back from the future vs the police. This gave the writers tremendous scope. Great character development (except for Ellison – he was a character that was full of promise: a base of conservative ideals that were being heavily challenged on a weekly basis but they didn’t explore this. It made his character seem disconnected and somewhat apathetic).

Chromartie was a better villain than any terminator I’ve seen before. Thoroughly calculating and menacing. I was very disappointed when he was terminated but then Friedman very cleverly brought him back as John Henry’s avatar. And how could you not be fascinated with the John Henry character???

Summer was a great terminator – quite hauntingly beautiful. But the programming/hardware glitch (was it???) always made you feel uneasy. I loved the way they developed her human-like qualities – that ballet scene… yet she could crush a little bird without thinking.

The endless brooding of Sarah and JC was tiresome. It seemed we were always waiting for them to just accept their fate, as horrible as it was, and make the best of it. But I did like the way they didn’t just transform JC into a badass overnight. His stubborn refusal to give up entirely on a normalesque sort of life and his adolescent teenage oppositionality was quite believable if not intentionally infuriating.

The fact that Sarah kept going off on her own missions without telling the others or asking for her help was perhaps my greatest frustration with the show e.g. when she got kidnapped and tortured; and going to the warehouse alone WTF???!!!

The Riley character pissed me off. But then from what I have read, this was Friedman’s intention. We often spoke of rubbing her out on ITM and I was kinda pleased when it happened. But for some reason I see her death as more of a loss now than before. The Jesse-Riley story arc was a little unbelievable. But if Jesse was a terminator after all then perhaps not so much. Was she? Did Derek shoot her? We’ll never know. But these questions kept you thinking and waiting for the next ep. They most certainly overplayed Jesse’s Australianisms, they were particularly irritating. But as for Derek, I think Brian Austin Green single handedly resurrected his career with a wonderful portrayal of this character.

Yes there were plot holes/too convenient plot devices and I realize that these irritated some viewers too much. Hands up Magictorch. How did they conveniently get jobs at the military academy and the power plant?? JC returning to the same school over and over! But given that they have limited time in each episode I was prepared to forgive them for that coz it enabled the more rapid development of new scenarios. In fact, I thought there were less of these devices as the series progressed and the show got better as a result. I never found the show illogical even when I found the impulsive decisions of some of the characters frustrating e.g. Sarah’s solo missions.

There is has been precious little on TV in recent memory that surprised me and actually made me feel something (BSG excepted) but TSCC had it in spades. Watch these scenes: JC in the warehouse trying to remove the key from the terminator who was in sleep mode, the episodes where Derek and Charley were killed (fuck me that was raw), Summer in the barn with Riley, Shirley fucking over the factory. It is for these reasons that I will sorely miss this show.
Arclite +

Times thanked
< 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

Ultimately, people expect the Terminator franchise to involve a constant, seemingly unstoppable threat to the future saviour of the human race. If you can't offer that but can offer an alternative, it doesn't matter what that alternative is, people are going to be disappointed.

MT, how on earth did you see TSCC not offering a "constant, seemingly unstoppable threat to the future saviour of the human race". This WAS the central premise of the show, and was born out week after week not just in the form of a singular terminator threat but multiple adversaries.
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,166
I can handle it being axed I guess, but I can't handle the fact that the last thing we saw was John Connor not being recognised in the future. IT MAKES NO SENSE.
Shards +

Retired

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by alison87

Fuck Joss Whedon in his nerdy white ass.

The irony of another series starring Summer Glau being cancelled by Fox in favour of a new Joss Whedon vehicle is not lost on anyone, I'm sure.

TBH, while I wouldn't dispute Arclite's assertion there were some very moving moments, I think even Chronicles' greatest fans would have to agree the pacing was off for most of series & the payoff left too late at the end to really savour it. I'd be prepared to chalk this up as a casualty largely of the writer's strike. I'd also like to know where the producers would have taken the series next had it been renewed?
*NEW!* d.appleseed- EverGreen pt.1 (November 2009) Techno-Tribal-Progressive-Dubstep mix (41.25MB, 30mins @ 128Kbps)

www.myspace.com/illegalvalue
Shards +

Retired

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso

I can handle it being axed I guess, but I can't handle the fact that the last thing we saw was John Connor not being recognised in the future. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

John Connor was transported to the future with Shirley T-1001 at the end of the episode, without having lived through Judgement Day, and having played no part in the resistance up to the point he arrived. Hence why he wasn't recognised by the members of the resistance he next encountered.
*NEW!* d.appleseed- EverGreen pt.1 (November 2009) Techno-Tribal-Progressive-Dubstep mix (41.25MB, 30mins @ 128Kbps)

www.myspace.com/illegalvalue
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,166
Ok, that makes sense. But boo to the writers for ending the season on that, when there was just the slightest chance that the show wouldn't be renewed. BOO!

Commencing deletion of all TSCC memories from system...

Operation complete.
magictorch +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arclite

MT, how on earth did you see TSCC not offering a "constant, seemingly unstoppable threat to the future saviour of the human race". This WAS the central premise of the show, and was born out week after week not just in the form of a singular terminator threat but multiple adversaries.

Yeah, I'm sure.

I saw entire episodes that just seemed to be about nothing apart from Sarah Connor being a Mom and John Connor being sexually frustrated by his toy girl robot.

I don't think there was a lot of tension to the show and I think this contributed to its demise.

Quote:

sparc54 +

A model citizen.

Times thanked
< 2
Those episodes did get a bit much occasionally, but it was the Sarah Connor Chronicles after all, and was entirely believable that she would go through all those things, and anyway some of them were damn good as well. I think the whole three dot conspiracy thing was more detrimental to the show as it wasn't handled very well, and just kind of fizzled out.

I loved the way it ended as there were so many ways it could have been taken and hence is open to interpretation as to how it ended. A real shame it's gone, cause as I've said before there isn't any show like it on tv, that offered all the elements that TSCC had. Boo.
EGGNUT +

im training to be on the next fattest loser

Times thanked
< 12
I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,883
really?

I had my hopes up for some reason this might of been coming back.

thanks heaps for not only being disappointing but not funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Any sex enthusiast should whore it up at least once in their life IMO,
Its the oldest profession in the world.
Are you calling everyone wrong?.

Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,166

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Commencing deletion of all TSCC memories from system...

Operation complete.

Hey, this really worked.
Chharge +

Summer is coming

Times thanked
< 1,883
yeah but this thread initiated a restore didnt it?! DIDNT IT

Quote:

Originally Posted by pEAkeR_hAT View Post

Any sex enthusiast should whore it up at least once in their life IMO,
Its the oldest profession in the world.
Are you calling everyone wrong?.

stargazer +

Ooooeeeeoooo

Times thanked
< 813
dude, the show is still going on...

its just that sarah connor went further into the past than we thought...

RIP SGU
EGGNUT +

Times thanked
< 12
BMoney +

What's on YOUR mind?

Times thanked
< 1,088
Cerseilly??!

Yah. Cerseilly.
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,184
I need to watch S2 still :O I've had it on my pc for months.
EGGNUT +

Times thanked
< 12

« Previous Thread Next Thread »