Entertainment and the Arts

Ridley Scott's Prometheus (Alien Prequel, sort of...)

Reply
  Tools
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Onslaught's Avatar
Joined
Sep '09
Times thanked
< 3,779
Posts
3,806
Oops, one more:

Spoiler:
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Random_Kiwi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
< 1,240
Posts
14,931
http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html

Quite an epic article/blog dissecting Prometheus and all the religious aspects the movie contains.

Don't read if you haven't seen the movie/don't want it spoiled
Pete Gordon - Who Said Prog Was Dead?

My favourite slices of proggy goodness from 2013 (ish)...

http://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/wh...-prog-was-dead
Marss +

Registered User

Marss's Avatar
Joined
Feb '12
Times thanked
< 1
Posts
2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

Saw it last night, Vmax 3D, I actually quite liked the 3D, it was more understated. Not a massive fan of the film, more holes than a swiss cheese and it just felt rushed.

Spoiler:

1. Why after going to the effort of getting something ripped out of her stomach did she run away without checking it was dead? why or how did it grow? How did someone not notice that room was in a complete mess and check it out?
2. Why did she get pregnant with that thing in the first place? It makes no sense. A super-rapid pregnancy of something that then impregnates a space jockey to make the first alien? Why? Where's the leap in the genetics to create that being???
3. Why did the geologist turn into a super-human crazy person and attack the crew? Last I saw of him his helmet was melting into his face. Also, those helmets are fucking weak as piss - getting smashed all over the place.
4. Why did the space jockey immediately attack everyone when getting woken up? Why not say something? Annoyed me.
5. I know people on here have explained why David spiked the drink with the black stuff but it's still a crap explanation and I feel like they cut out tons of scenes with Weyland which might have given a better back story as to why he did that.
6. Bit odd that they didn't do any prep until they came of stasis, then suddenly they're meeting each other for the first time, so inter-space missions require no preparation??
7. Why didn't Charlize just roll out of the way of the spaceship like the other chick?
8. Why does every sci-fi movie involve a crew of people with obvious mental disorders and with an almost pathological hatred of following orders?
9. So many decisions were made that intentionally put people into danger. I don't fucking care how much someone is into discovering new species, if a slimey snake thing emerges from some weird black stuff any human would keep the fuck away from it!
10. So many jumps in narrative, it rattles along at such a pace.

THE ABOVE IS ALL CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER IN A THOUSAND YEARS WOULD ANY CAPTAIN CREW A BUNCH OF MORONS.... THERES A NEW WORLD OUT THERE... I NEED A SHIP OF THE BIGGEST ILLOGICAL IDIOTS TO ACCOMPANY ME!!!!!

On a lesser note, do you need all the answers you have answered from one movie... please blaze up, sit back, tell the hoe not to call, and put on 2001: A Space Odyssey .... less than two pages of script, answers EVERYTHING about this planet
tapout +

tapout 1, utes 0.

tapout's Avatar
Joined
Jul '06
Times thanked
< 3,277
Posts
5,958
I havent seen the movie but I used to have the same gripes in every single other film that has people making dumb decisions, but having watched Generation Kill twice now, I'm not so sure that the space crews of the future would be any more elite or incapable of making shit decisions as the current generation of military operators. Remember Captain America? Everytime I see someone do something retarded in a film now I just assume they got there the same way he got to be a Captain, through scenario based training not based in the real world and nepotism, makes watching these types of films so much more enjoyable.
Rockah +

Registered User

Rockah's Avatar
Joined
Jul '06
Times thanked
< 443
Posts
1,571

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html

Quite an epic article/blog dissecting Prometheus and all the religious aspects the movie contains.

Don't read if you haven't seen the movie/don't want it spoiled

Posted on the last page bro.

Also, I do like some aspects of his theory, but I hate how he keeps harping on about the wound in the side imagery. It's only there if you want it to be.

In line with his theory though, I couldn't help but notice this:

Spoiler:
Looks a bit crucifix-ish:


Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Random_Kiwi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
< 1,240
Posts
14,931
Arrrr sorry, missed your post...it's a good dissection though and has actually made me appreciate some aspcects of the film more than I did before...still flawed though for sure, but hey, I still want to see it again
Pete Gordon - Who Said Prog Was Dead?

My favourite slices of proggy goodness from 2013 (ish)...

http://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/wh...-prog-was-dead
Rockah +

Registered User

Rockah's Avatar
Joined
Jul '06
Times thanked
< 443
Posts
1,571

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Arrrr sorry, missed your post...it's a good dissection though and has actually made me appreciate some aspcects of the film more than I did before...still flawed though for sure, but hey, I still want to see it again

If you enjoyed it, it's definitely worth watching again. I've seen it twice and noted a couple of things more than I did the first time.

EDIT: This is also interesting:

Spoiler:
http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/1895/humans-and-facehugger-in-alien-mural/p1
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

ianwil1976's Avatar
Joined
Oct '04
Times thanked
< 12,220
Posts
36,274

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockah View Post

Spoiler:
Looks a bit crucifix-ish:


I actually thought that when I watched the film but I desperately tried to steer my brain away from ruminating over any TOTES FUCKING OBVIOUS religious connotations because that's way too fucking easy for someone as good as Scott.

You'd hope anyway
cizza +

Cats are floppy.

cizza's Avatar
Joined
Jun '03
Times thanked
< 1,852
Posts
1,069
Was pertty snoozy when i saw this so didnt follow it too well, but having read through this thread I'm very much looking forward to sitting down with it again. Good sport, ITM.
Do you want ants? Because that's how we get ants!
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Derelict's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
< 5,188
Posts
26,631
I can't wait for the Blu Ray so I can dissect it.
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,063
Posts
22,034

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

I can't wait for the Blu Ray so I can dissect it.

it's never ended well when they dissect things in the films. acid blood in particular.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

Rockah +

Registered User

Rockah's Avatar
Joined
Jul '06
Times thanked
< 443
Posts
1,571
Interesting article with Lindelof:

I think this sums up his idea/style of writing, whether you like it or not:

"And the idea with the movie is that you’re going to want to find others to talk about it with. It’s really no different, if you think about it, than something like Blade Runner. Is Deckard a replicant? During this film, I found myself in the room with Ridley, literally the one person who can answers that question that I’ve been debating for 25 years. And honestly, I don’t want him to tell me. It might shatter my own theory, and having that theory, and that debate, that’s part of the fun of the film."

His answer about Deckard might settle a few arguments though
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

ianwil1976's Avatar
Joined
Oct '04
Times thanked
< 12,220
Posts
36,274
No. Not in this fucking thread. Fuck off.
Rockah +

Registered User

Rockah's Avatar
Joined
Jul '06
Times thanked
< 443
Posts
1,571
Point wasn't about Deckard, and agreed this thread should have nothing to do with BR. Just pointing out that the argument has gone on since the movie came out, and that kind of mentality was there when writing the Prometheus script.

... so.... was it Earth??
JulesPLees +

Just about sick of it. Totes.

JulesPLees's Avatar
Joined
Jul '02
Times thanked
< 211
Posts
12,109

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockah View Post

Interesting article with Lindelof:

I think this sums up his idea/style of writing, whether you like it or not:

"And the idea with the movie is that you’re going to want to find others to talk about it with. It’s really no different, if you think about it, than something like Blade Runner. Is Deckard a replicant? During this film, I found myself in the room with Ridley, literally the one person who can answers that question that I’ve been debating for 25 years. And honestly, I don’t want him to tell me. It might shatter my own theory, and having that theory, and that debate, that’s part of the fun of the film."

His answer about Deckard might settle a few arguments though

guy totally misses the point about life in general.
The JulesPLees ComPLete Trilogy for 2013

Volume 1: Light (Club Prog-Trance)
https://soundcloud.com/user38450/jul...ete-2013-vol-1
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

ianwil1976's Avatar
Joined
Oct '04
Times thanked
< 12,220
Posts
36,274
LOL at liberabit's post deletion.
liberabit +

One of these days you'll wake up dead

liberabit's Avatar
Joined
Jan '06
Times thanked
< 2,845
Posts
4,294,967,295
yeah, was thinking much the same as you when I posted that but bad influences got the better of me. I'll try and be good for a while.


reading all this analysis of Prometheus has me thinking I should give it a 2nd viewing, though it still seems to me to be a clusterfuck of different symbology all crammed together (doing a bunch of half-arsed references to different mythologies does not a convincing arguement make). And good to see the murals with some detail, in 3D they were all just a blur and I had nfi what I was meant to be seeing.
This is no love song and it serves no use, but if you want to sing along to some verbal abuse
It might make you feel better and it's good for the soul, take four letters and let's rock n roll
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

ianwil1976's Avatar
Joined
Oct '04
Times thanked
< 12,220
Posts
36,274
I'll be watching it again for sure. At home, though. Ripped.

I'm hoping it will make more sense.
Rockah +

Registered User

Rockah's Avatar
Joined
Jul '06
Times thanked
< 443
Posts
1,571
I just went back to the first page of this thread and read Onslaught's leaked plot summary:

Earth. Year 2058.

Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space jockeys). These "Alien Gods" also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien God's home-world, to Paradise. Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their "children", their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.

As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it's not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the "bio-source code" to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods' power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to "clean up" worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What's left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.

On their trail a survivor Alien God in very familiar ship with one ultimate mission.

Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.


Lindelof said he reworked the script to make it less Alien-ish... wonder if that was the original? Kinda interesting how it pretty much starts of how Prometheus did, but had a very different body/end.
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Onslaught's Avatar
Joined
Sep '09
Times thanked
< 3,779
Posts
3,806
Damn, I want that movie!

So Lindelof jumped the movie ahead a few decades? Perhaps Guy Pierce Weyland wasn't always meant to be old.

hmmm...

It seems they removed everything Xenomorph related, switched planets and a few other huge changes. I'd like to know why.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Random_Kiwi's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
< 1,240
Posts
14,931
Realised that was all too easy and/or that whole thing was just a rouse to keep people wondering what the whole thing was about
Pete Gordon - Who Said Prog Was Dead?

My favourite slices of proggy goodness from 2013 (ish)...

http://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/wh...-prog-was-dead
cizza +

Cats are floppy.

cizza's Avatar
Joined
Jun '03
Times thanked
< 1,852
Posts
1,069

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberabit View Post

reading all this analysis of Prometheus has me thinking I should give it a 2nd viewing, though it still seems to me to be a clusterfuck of different symbology all crammed together (doing a bunch of half-arsed references to different mythologies does not a convincing arguement make). And good to see the murals with some detail, in 3D they were all just a blur and I had nfi what I was meant to be seeing.

This. Bring on the bluray
Do you want ants? Because that's how we get ants!
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Whitey1981's Avatar
Joined
Jul '05
Times thanked
< 2,275
Posts
16,351

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockah View Post

If you enjoyed it, it's definitely worth watching again. I've seen it twice and noted a couple of things more than I did the first time.

I've seen it twice too and noted, amongst other things, it was still fucking shit.
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Derelict's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
< 5,188
Posts
26,631
That original story seems to tie in more with the original Alien series...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

Blue Moon +

Sick ****el

Blue Moon's Avatar
Joined
Oct '06
Times thanked
< 308
Posts
12,036
Spoiler:
Why did aliens come from a giant starfish?
http://soundcloud.com/blue-tune
MuchRoughage +

IS FEELING REGULAR

MuchRoughage's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 25
Posts
730
Optional

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

I can't wait for the Blu Ray so I can dissect it.

Mate, you couldn't dissect a Terry's Chocolate Orange with a light sabre and a bottle of focusyn!
Charger +

No.

Charger's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
< 925
Posts
6,359
Finally got around to seeing. What a spectacular cluster-fucking disaster. Riddled with problems.

Last edited by Charger: 24-Jun-12 at 07:30pm

Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Derelict's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
< 5,188
Posts
26,631

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuchRoughage View Post

Mate, you couldn't dissect a Terry's Chocolate Orange with a light sabre and a bottle of focusyn!

I'll dissect your face.
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Davomaxi's Avatar
Joined
Oct '03
Times thanked
< 983
Posts
7,272
Saw it on saturday at 3D IMAX and I liked some parts, thought it was a great spectacle, but overall I was disappointed. David was easily the star of the film.

Spoiler:

Why oh why couldn't they have written some intelligent characters for the crew in this movie? Is it so hard to give these people a sense of professionalism and credibility in their roles? Nope let's just resort to the same old Hollywood bullshit.

Here we have mission to discover 'the greatest potential discoveries in humankind's existence' and yet the people chose to crew the expedition are the usual band of stereotypical hollywood stereotypes. The bearded tough guy geologist, the nerdy biologist, the tough black guy captain etc etc. All of them witout an ounce of professionalism in them. 'Lets take our helmets off - yay!' Lets just start pressing buttons willy nilly! Ridley Scott apparently is now more than happy to insult his audience.

Loved the horrific alien abortion and implantation at the end. Sleep well kiddies!

I did like them making Shaw resemble Ripley and dress her up the same in her undies, have her running through the ship at the end.

Too many things in the script were not fleshed and thus no one cared = Old man is really Charlize's father? Who cares we abandoned that storyline half an hour ago. Religious connotations and questions? Who cares we've only spent 30 seconds on that anyway.

Anyway, 3 out of 5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
JamRock +

Haus-Boat cruise with Ian Pooley - Good Friday! :)

JamRock's Avatar
Joined
Mar '03
Times thanked
< 218
Posts
4,191

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockah View Post

I just went back to the first page of this thread and read Onslaught's leaked plot summary:

Earth. Year 2058.

Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space jockeys). These "Alien Gods" also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien God's home-world, to Paradise. Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their "children", their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.

As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it's not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the "bio-source code" to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods' power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to "clean up" worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What's left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.

On their trail a survivor Alien God in very familiar ship with one ultimate mission.

Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.


Lindelof said he reworked the script to make it less Alien-ish... wonder if that was the original? Kinda interesting how it pretty much starts of how Prometheus did, but had a very different body/end.

Maybe this is the total plot of Prometheus and sequel(s)? (note: I havent seen Prometheus yet so if my comment sounds stupid then that's probably why)
>>> FUNKAGENDA >> TECHPHONICS > FRI 24 JAN > MR KIM'S

> Playing tech tunes every Tuesday, 6pm-8pm (Adelaide time) on www.soundpond.net
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Davomaxi's Avatar
Joined
Oct '03
Times thanked
< 983
Posts
7,272
I don't understand people thinking it's not a prequel, I thought it was made really obvious that it was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

ianwil1976's Avatar
Joined
Oct '04
Times thanked
< 12,220
Posts
36,274
I think it's just that a lot of people don't actually know what "prequel" means.

Thick ****s.
Rockah +

Registered User

Rockah's Avatar
Joined
Jul '06
Times thanked
< 443
Posts
1,571
I think a prequel suggests "this is how A got to B". Prometheus is starts at A, but doesn't end anywhere near B. It's set on a different planet, different time frame, different creatures. There's no explanation about the engineer you see in Alien, no explanation about why that ship had a whole bunch of eggs on it, no explanation of why that ship is on that planet.

And JamRock, even though you haven't seen it, I think you are correct. I read a rumor that there's a sequel in the works with a working title along the lines of "Paradise", which might get you from A, to A.5, then the third movie would probably get your from A.5 to B.

Just my thoughts.
JulesPLees +

Just about sick of it. Totes.

JulesPLees's Avatar
Joined
Jul '02
Times thanked
< 211
Posts
12,109
so phantom menace wasnt a prequel to the original starwars because it didnt tell us how anakin turned evil?
The JulesPLees ComPLete Trilogy for 2013

Volume 1: Light (Club Prog-Trance)
https://soundcloud.com/user38450/jul...ete-2013-vol-1
stargazer +

Ooooeeeeoooo

stargazer's Avatar
Joined
Jul '01
Times thanked
< 813
Posts
1,886
Saw this before... a pictorial explanation of Prometheus evolution...

kinda highlights the ridiculousness of the whole thing...

Spoiler:
RIP SGU
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

ianwil1976's Avatar
Joined
Oct '04
Times thanked
< 12,220
Posts
36,274
That's awesome.
Rockah +

Registered User

Rockah's Avatar
Joined
Jul '06
Times thanked
< 443
Posts
1,571

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesPLees View Post

so phantom menace wasnt a prequel to the original starwars because it didnt tell us how anakin turned evil?

I know what you're saying, but that logic is assuming the Prometheus story will continue on the path I suggested. They could have made 3 movies about ewoks that may touch on other aspects of the Star Wars story throughout ... the series itself wouldn't really be a prequel. IF they make two more movies, and IF they fill the gap between this movie and Alien, then yes - it would be like the Phantom Menace and would be a prequel story.

This movie by itself, in my opinion, is not a prequel.
Rockah +

Registered User

Rockah's Avatar
Joined
Jul '06
Times thanked
< 443
Posts
1,571
What Fifiel was meant to look like

Spoiler:
dbb618 +

md5sum < /dev/urandom

dbb618's Avatar
Joined
May '06
Times thanked
< 1,739
Posts
14,856

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockah View Post

I think a prequel suggests "this is how A got to B". Prometheus is starts at A, but doesn't end anywhere near B. It's set on a different planet, different time frame, different creatures. There's no explanation about the engineer you see in Alien, no explanation about why that ship had a whole bunch of eggs on it, no explanation of why that ship is on that planet.

And JamRock, even though you haven't seen it, I think you are correct. I read a rumor that there's a sequel in the works with a working title along the lines of "Paradise", which might get you from A, to A.5, then the third movie would probably get your from A.5 to B.

Just my thoughts.

Fucking Hell.

There is no explanation for these thing because they arrived blind at the place, did you expect the Aliens to leave a fucking plot book for the humans to read?

It's pretty fucking obvious that the Alien race was conducting genetic warfare experiments off world (secure) as a weaponised platform. The tech got away from them and they died.
Hopped in the car and torpe'ed to the shack
Of Shaheed, "We gotta go back" when he said
"Why?" I said, "We gotta go
'Cause I left my wallet in El Segundo"

http://twitter.com/derekbradley
http://untappd.com/user/dbb618

https://plus.google.com/117630500124...73/posts?hl=en
Rockah +

Registered User

Rockah's Avatar
Joined
Jul '06
Times thanked
< 443
Posts
1,571
Ease up Chachie, just sayin!
Rockah +

Registered User

Rockah's Avatar
Joined
Jul '06
Times thanked
< 443
Posts
1,571
For those wondering why they chose to use Guy Pearce and make him look old, instead of an old dude... here's why:

"Ridley Scott' initially wanted 'Max Von Sydow' for the role of Peter Weyland. However, Scott and Damon Lindelof conceived of a scene in which David the android (Michael Fassbender) would interface with Weyland while in hypersleep, and that Weyland's dream would reflect his looks as a younger man since he is obsessed with immortality. Though the scene was cut from the script and never filmed, Guy Pearce had already been cast in the role and thus underwent extensive make-up to appear elderly. "
Onslaught +

I don't like you.

Onslaught's Avatar
Joined
Sep '09
Times thanked
< 3,779
Posts
3,806
Well the wonderer's must have been mentally challenged.
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Davomaxi's Avatar
Joined
Oct '03
Times thanked
< 983
Posts
7,272
I think the film's main flaw was missing a kick ass fucking beard like this:




Plus the ship's captain should've been more like Eddie Murphy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
ABitPatchy +

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ABitPatchy's Avatar
Joined
Aug '06
Times thanked
< 2,387
Posts
5,013

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockah View Post

What Fifiel was meant to look like

Spoiler:

Terrible. Glad it wasn't used.
Charger +

No.

Charger's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
< 925
Posts
6,359
I would have preferred a more straight-up plot, like:

- Takes places on Space Jockey home planet.
- Space jockeys have humans (homo-erectus types) and xenomorphs on their home planet that they'd, er, brought back from somewhere else.
- Jockeys homeworld has no natural resources left, and it's too impractical to travel to every planet that might have useful resource.
- So Jockeys send humans to possible fertile planets. They broadcast 'space radio' messages to those planets.
- If the humans develop enough to come in search of the jockeys, jockeys send carrier ships of aliens to cleanse the planet, they die out once their hosts do, then the Jockeys go in to harvest resources.
- Earth crew in space intercepts message, goes to investigate, crashes on Jockeyworld.
- They try to hide out amongst the slave caste humans, but jockeys get a hold of one who tells them where they are from.
- Jockeys launch cleansing ship with aliens.
- Humans try to stop it but releasing the alien 'stock'. Fail.
- In the chaos, protgonist with uncanny ability to understand Jockey tech, gats face huggered, ignored by jockeys, but turns out to be android, thus embryo dies.
- Android manages to send a signal to disable one of the blue force fields that hold the alien eggs in stasis.
- Jockey ship chaos, Jockey pilot tries to save ship, fails, manages to turn on SOS.
- Ship crashes.
- LV426.

Or something. Simple, yes, but I'd rather watch that than the over-engineered Prometheus.
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Davomaxi's Avatar
Joined
Oct '03
Times thanked
< 983
Posts
7,272

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charger View Post

I would have preferred a more straight-up plot, like:

- Takes places on Space Jockey home planet.
- Space jockeys have humans (homo-erectus types) and xenomorphs on their home planet that they'd, er, brought back from somewhere else.
- Jockeys homeworld has no natural resources left, and it's too impractical to travel to every planet that might have useful resource.
- So Jockeys send humans to possible fertile planets. They broadcast 'space radio' messages to those planets.
- If the humans develop enough to come in search of the jockeys, jockeys send carrier ships of aliens to cleanse the planet, they die out once their hosts do, then the Jockeys go in to harvest resources.
- Earth crew in space intercepts message, goes to investigate, crashes on Jockeyworld.
- They try to hide out amongst the slave caste humans, but jockeys get a hold of one who tells them where they are from.
- Jockeys launch cleansing ship with aliens.
- Humans try to stop it but releasing the alien 'stock'. Fail.
- In the chaos, protgonist with uncanny ability to understand Jockey tech, gats face huggered, ignored by jockeys, but turns out to be android, thus embryo dies.
- Android manages to send a signal to disable one of the blue force fields that hold the alien eggs in stasis.
- Jockey ship chaos, Jockey pilot tries to save ship, fails, manages to turn on SOS.
- Ship crashes.
- LV426.

Or something. Simple, yes, but I'd rather watch that than the over-engineered Prometheus.

You forgot Charlize Theron 10 minute masturbation scene.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Fledz's Avatar
Joined
Aug '06
Times thanked
< 5,467
Posts
15,032
Saw it last night, really enjoyed it. There's a shitload of plot holes and if you understand evolutionary biology, a lot of it makes you want to cry.
However, I was aware that it's going to be a trilogy so didn't go in expecting all my questions to get answered. If one of the writers is from LOST, well then a bunch of questions will never get answered anyway.

I think it's worth seeing and it is a prequel to Alien, but the 2nd and 3rd movies will be a completely different story. We'll see just how linked they end up and how many of our questions will be answered.

I thought the 3D was fantastic. I'm usually not a fan and would prefer to watch movies in normal 2D, but fuck me. This one was really well done. A bunch of scenes would have looked flat and lifeless in 2D, so thumbs up for the production values there.

Also Charlize Theron, om nom nom. She fully supports my theory that women get hotter in their mid 30s
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Funkedub's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
< 3,900
Posts
21,113
Revised movie poster


For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com



*musical needs most likely not met
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

ianwil1976's Avatar
Joined
Oct '04
Times thanked
< 12,220
Posts
36,274
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Whitey1981's Avatar
Joined
Jul '05
Times thanked
< 2,275
Posts
16,351


YES!
For more information on this post, visit kotaku.com.au/tags/grand-theft-auto-v/
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts