Current Affairs and Politics

The Labor Government finally gets something right!

Tools
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172
The Labor Government finally gets something right!
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226366252119

I will still vote them out, but they have done something worthy of being in government
ChiasticSlide +

is this thing on?

Times thanked
< 40
Media Player
Zilla Poop Fart - YouTube
"It's got to be in the bedroom basically. You get to do tracks in the nude and if you're working in the studio, you just can't do that. It's not really practical." -- Aphex Twin on making music
austraboy +

I like toast

Times thanked
< 146
cool
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
< 2,403

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffed View Post

they have done something worthy of being in government

Communist

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,992
'he called the shit poop'
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
liberabit +

One of these days you'll wake up dead

Times thanked
< 2,875

Quote:

I will still vote them out, but they have done something worthy of being in government

didn't realise your vote was that powerful
This is no love song and it serves no use, but if you want to sing along to some verbal abuse
It might make you feel better and it's good for the soul, take four letters and let's rock n roll
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,658

Quote:

I'm impressed buffed: that must have been so difficult for you. I can imagine you, haunched over the keyboard, every fibre of your being stressed to the max, your brain saying, 'I can't, I can't, this is not what I'm about,' but your fingers were compelled. Your mind tried stopping you every instant per second, but you found a way to soldier on bravely. Matter over mind. Each letter typed brought about a new level of the sickness yet you kept going and going and going until it was finally done. And you realised, 'that wasn't so bad.'

Kudos.
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172
I feel like i need to have a shower.........i feel very dirty
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,992
so wait we're cool with 'country shoppers' now?
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 15,499

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

so wait we're cool with 'country shoppers' now?

Ones with money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

phoneyhuh +

3o~

Times thanked
< 205
Sounds to me like a desperate attempt to woo back investors after scaring so many away.
custaro +

Thirsty Critter

Times thanked
< 682

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoneyhuh View Post

Sounds to me like a desperate attempt to woo back investors after scaring so many away.

Yeah, because taxes and government uncertainty are the reasons foreign investors don't want to park their money in a shitty, archaic, dying bricks and mortar retail chain.

Let's remove the minimum wage and install a Liberal government, that'll fix everything!

What a twat.
you're in my hut now
PertiVanHelden +

Times thanked
< 97

Quote:

And you read it in the Lolstralian too. My world no longer makes sense
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,658

Quote:

The mining tax was supposed to pay for a reduction in overall company tax yet I didn't see too many articles about the corporations mentioned in that link piping up to support it. They always say they want a reduction in the company tax rate yet go quiet when asked how it's meant to be paid for. This government gave them an imperfect solution using increased mining tax revenues and then complain about the method that was meant to pay for something they continually argue for.

The carbon price gives business certainty (I'm not going to argue if the price that has been set is the right one because I have nfi) about carbon pollution after years of uncertainty about what to do with what is globally agreed as a significant evironmental and economic problem. Then business complains when they have certainty.

Bunch of fucking numpties.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 1,992

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

Ones with money.

If the media's taught me anything, its that these rich foreign devils should just fly to Indonesia, pay a peepol smuggler for the 2 day cruise to Xmas Island, chuck their papers overboard, live in a luxury detention centre until their release, upon which they are eligible for compensation thats fourfty percent higher than a good old aussie pensioner is able to get

Fair go
didjeridude +

Random Rhythm Generator

Times thanked
< 482

Quote:

oh rly?

Quote:

Merchants of doom, beware
snip

Certainly, the international business advisory firm of Dun & Bradstreet must have been left off the Coalition's mailing list. Because when it released its Global Risk Indicator a couple of weeks ago it advised its clients that: "Australia is one of the safest trade and foreign investment destinations globally, ranking alongside Canada, Germany, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland, according to an analysis of 131 countries.

snip

He [Combet] quoted Abbott as saying that "a carbon tax means death to the coal industry". Combet continued: "Yet the trouble is, the coal and minerals industries are experiencing record growth. The Bureau of Resources and Energy Economics has reported that there is over $500 billion worth of capital expenditure in the investment pipeline.
"It is not just big companies that are investing; it is also many small investors, including many members of Parliament who have a lot of confidence in the future of the industry."

He named seven opposition members who had invested in coal companies since the Gillard government announced the carbon price: Malcolm Turnbull, Josh Frydenberg, John Alexander, Stuart Robert, Ken O'Dowd, Teresa Gambaro and Michael Keenan.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...#ixzz1xFS0FFCp

Reality: To be or not to be? The Adventures of Dr Shroom (and Captain Jones)
Nardo +

nobody's fault but yours

Times thanked
< 35
Dun and Bradstreet is not a business advisory firm.

You could try and argue that they are, but you would be wrong.
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 15,499

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardo View Post

Dun and Bradstreet is not a business advisory firm.

You could try and argue that they are, but you would be wrong.

Credit reporting is a form of business advice no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »