The Music Studio

Heavyocity Damage

Tools
Sid Ferret +

Times thanked
< 24
Heavyocity Damage
The sounds on this are amazing. Just wish I had some money to buy it when it comes out!

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...age/?page=2940
Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69
soundcloud
meldavid +

I used to be a raver like you, but then I took a kick to the knee.

Times thanked
< 622
Yeah a bit pricey. If I was going to spend that much I'd rather save for Komplete Ultimate as there are quite a few sample libraries and soft-synths I want in that.
TheNextBestThing +

Times thanked
< 28
This makes me want to vomit while laughing, another piece of kit by NI targeted at the uninformed.

This is better.

http://www.soundsonline.com/The-Dark-Side

Last edited by TheNextBestThing: 12-Oct-11 at 05:11am

TheNextBestThing +

Times thanked
< 28
I could understand if it was a sample pack that costs $80. But it promises to be a cinematic orchestral synth, something that it’s incapable of being, I’m not sold on the idea. Nevertheless I think the dark side is a better option.
meldavid +

Times thanked
< 622
What about Omnisphere?
slackas +

Music on my mind...

Times thanked
< 97
I like that dramatic/cinematic drum stuff they did in the promo vid....
Tech-One
tmfllr +

does a chimp wank in his food?

Times thanked
< 16
The 'Infiltrator' clip sounds like menu music from an FPS, I rate it. Might trawl through some extracted game sounds for metal hits, see if I can come even remotely close. Not counting on it though
Soundcloud
BCII +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNextBestThing View Post

This makes me want to vomit while laughing, another piece of kit by NI targeted at the uninformed.

This is better.

What exactly are the "uninformed", uninformed about???
opiate +

Times thanked
< 43
Are we going to have a thread for every ROMpler now?
"The funk is a creature...like a giant medicine ball covered in nipples...

It fell from space onto Bootsy Collins' farm and that's how he got The Funk"

http://soundcloud.com/revampd/
BCII +

Times thanked
< 16
Only if we can all pass judgement on the intentions of the company who created them... and write them off soundwise before ever using it.
TheNextBestThing +

Times thanked
< 28
I don’t have to use or own something to know I have no use for it, or understand the market it's targeted at. The uninformed are the people who think this is a serious piece of kit, when it’s really just another toy.
BCII +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

I don’t have to use or own something to know I have no use for it, or understand the market it's targeted at. The uninformed are the people who think this is a serious piece of kit, when it’s really just another toy.

How amusing. For everything that you consider a toy there is probably a hefty list of people using them, and making themselves a small fortune as a result. It takes but a close minded soul to not realise that anything that creates sound has potential as a serious professional sound making tool in the realm of music... even those things designed to be toys from the very beginning... take the Casio SK-1 and other derivative toy keyboards.

If it makes sound, it has merit in the world of music. If you can't find a creative way to apply it... it isn't the sample libraries fault. It is your own. You appear to be the most uninformed of all.

Last edited by BCII: 14-Oct-11 at 09:57pm

TheNextBestThing +

Times thanked
< 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCII View Post

How amusing. For everything that you consider a toy there is probably a hefty list of people using them, and making themselves a small fortune as a result. It takes but a close minded soul to not realise that anything that creates sound has potential as a serious professional sound making tool in the realm of music... even those things designed to be toys from the very beginning... take the Casio SK-1 and other derivative toy keyboards.

If it makes sound, it has merit in the world of music. If you can't find a creative way to apply it... it isn't the sample libraries fault. It is your own. You appear to be the most uninformed of all.

I never said you couldn’t write an amazing track using it. I’m just saying that’s not what I want to use, or spend my money on.

Your argument is:

If you can’t write a great track using a toy you’re not very creative. A narrow minded view.

My argument is:

Yeah you can write a great track using a toy, and you can write a great track without using a toy, both are creative.
opiate +

Times thanked
< 43
What's wrong with toys?

The best trance these days is bashed outta a Fisher Price xylophone!

Sid Ferret +

Times thanked
< 24

Quote:

This is better.

^^Says piece of kit is for the unimformed....goes on to suggest near identicle piece of kit thats more expensive^^

To be honest not everyone has the time or background to become a sound engineer and be able to create these types of sounds from scratch. If this inspires someone to make music then go for it!
TheNextBestThing +

Times thanked
< 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Ferret View Post

^^Says piece of kit is for the unimformed....goes on to suggest near identicle piece of kit thats more expensive^^

To be honest not everyone has the time or background to become a sound engineer and be able to create these types of sounds from scratch. If this inspires someone to make music then go for it!

It's just my opinion, your lucky someone bothered to post in the thread to begin with. I was just suggesting another option for you to look at. if you like it better, great. if you don't, fair enough.
BCII +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

I never said you couldn’t write an amazing track using it. I’m just saying that’s not what I want to use, or spend my money on.

Your argument is:

If you can’t write a great track using a toy you’re not very creative. A narrow minded view.

My argument is:

Yeah you can write a great track using a toy, and you can write a great track without using a toy, both are creative.

No. That isn't my argument at all. My Argument is "you are an ignorant little twit that doesn't know what he is talking about".

The metaphor "don't judge a book by its cover" exists for people like you. You can't call yourself creative and declare other people narrow minded when you can't even get past the front cover of the book. You have gone a step further and called those people that can "uninformed". Really?? People who are prepared to actually try things and see if it works for them or not are uninformed??? I don't think so "bud". You are a tragic excuse for a human being... whose apparent "amazing tracks" aren't worthy of making it to the internet. ...and just to nail any ridiculous retort to the crucifix before you get a chance... Hermanns Bar, Sydney Uni. 7:30pm this Friday. I'll be the guy playing guitar stage right. I'll see you there!

You are an over opinionated waste of space.

"...Just my opinion".

Apparently that is all you have to put at the end of a post to turn worthless unsubstantiated dribble into something of merit.
TheNextBestThing +

Times thanked
< 28

Quote:

No. That isn't my argument at all. My Argument is "you are an ignorant little twit that doesn't know what he is talking about".

The metaphor "don't judge a book by its cover" exists for people like you. You can't call yourself creative and declare other people narrow minded when you can't even get past the front cover of the book. You have gone a step further and called those people that can "uninformed". Really?? People who are prepared to actually try things and see if it works for them or not are uninformed??? I don't think so "bud". You are a tragic excuse for a human being... whose apparent "amazing tracks" aren't worthy of making it to the internet. ...and just to nail any ridiculous retort to the crucifix before you get a chance... Hermanns Bar, Sydney Uni. 7:30pm this Friday. I'll be the guy playing guitar stage right. I'll see you there!

"...Just my opinion".

Apparently that is all you have to put at the end of a post to turn worthless unsubstantiated dribble into something of merit.

opiate +

Times thanked
< 43
Anywhere we can check out your tunes online BCII ?

Is this you?

http://soundcloud.com/bcII

Sid Ferret +

Times thanked
< 24

Quote:

It's just my opinion, your lucky someone bothered to post in the thread to begin with. I was just suggesting another option for you to look at. if you like it better, great. if you don't, fair enough.

Oh thanks for gracing a thread I created with your presence! How generous of you oh high and mighty dance music producer of the ninth dimension.

Last edited by Sid Ferret: 16-Oct-11 at 07:05am

BCII +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by opiate View Post

Anywhere we can check out your tunes online BCII ?

Is this you?

http://soundcloud.com/bcII

That is me! ...I think. It was just a monomachine track I found and slapped on soundcloud. Sometimes I miss my elektron stuff

We are just wrapping up our first album, it will be done in about 2 weeks. Drop me a pm with your addy if you like and I'll shoot you a copy. It will end up on the web as well.
opiate +

Times thanked
< 43
Sounds good. I'll remind you to chuck us a linky when it's up.

Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,516

Quote:

What exactly are the "uninformed", uninformed about???

If you were informed, you would understand!
meldavid +

Times thanked
< 622
This is out now. This thread actually made me realise I was missing industrial drum samples such as this, and since Damage wasn't released yet, I got Cinematic Impacts sound bank for Alchemy instead. It's only a 184MB worth of samples though.
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,878
(in keeping with the nature of the thread)

Everyone on here is shit and should feel bad for being shit (except for BCII)
Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69

Quote:

Originally Posted by meldavid View Post

This is out now. This thread actually made me realise I was missing industrial drum samples such as this, and since Damage wasn't released yet, I got Cinematic Impacts sound bank for Alchemy instead. It's only a 184MB worth of samples though.

Listening to the demo sounds clips now. All that reverb is pissing me off and makes me not want to buy it.

Are there many drums in the soundbank?
soundcloud
meldavid +

Times thanked
< 622
There's not too many patches in Cinematic Impacts but what is there is very pro-sounding and makes you wish you were scoring a sci-fi war movie. You can turn the reverb mix down within Alchemy. You also have variations via the remix and x-y pads. Click on the links below for complete patch list:

drums

sound effects

sound effects-hits

sound effects-transitions
twistedbydesign +

grokkin it over

Times thanked
< 179

Quote:

The metaphor "don't judge a book by its cover" exists for people like you. You can't call yourself creative and declare other people narrow minded when you can't even get past the front cover of the book. You have gone a step further and called those people that can "uninformed". Really?? People who are prepared to actually try things and see if it works for them or not are uninformed??? I don't think so "bud". You are a tragic excuse for a human being... whose apparent "amazing tracks" aren't worthy of making it to the internet. ...

"...Just my opinion".

It's important that you tell people on the internet when you think they are a waste of space.

If you didn't who knows what could go wrong or where said waste could end up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCII

and just to nail any ridiculous retort to the crucifix before you get a chance... Hermanns Bar, Sydney Uni. 7:30pm this Friday. I'll be the guy playing guitar stage right. I'll see you there!

This bit was my favorite.
Beats
Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want
BCII +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedbydesign View Post

It's important that you tell people on the internet when you think they are a waste of space.

If you didn't who knows what could go wrong or where said waste could end up.

This bit was my favorite.

Riddle me this, Twisted. Do you address patronization with patronization intentionally? Or is it just a knee-jerk reaction?
BCII +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heist9000 View Post

(in keeping with the nature of the thread)

Everyone on here is shit and should feel bad for being shit (except for BCII)

You think this sample library is a toy too, eh?
twistedbydesign +

grokkin it over

Times thanked
< 179

Quote:

Riddle me this, Twisted. Do you address patronization with patronization intentionally? Or is it just a knee-jerk reaction?

Yes. Yes.
Beats
Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want
brown820 +

Times thanked
< 15
The irony of BSCII using the "don't judge a book by it's cover" metaphor, despite said person willingly labeling anyone debating piracy a "pirate," is nothing short of magical.

Don't judge a book on sample libraries by their cover, but judge the shit out of any other book's. In other words, conform with BSCII's beliefs or you are, in fact, an oxygen thief.
BCII +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by brown820 View Post

The irony of BSCII using the "don't judge a book by it's cover" metaphor, despite said person willingly labeling anyone debating piracy a "pirate," is nothing short of magical.

Don't judge a book on sample libraries by their cover, but judge the shit out of any other book's. In other words, conform with BSCII's beliefs or you are, in fact, an oxygen thief.

I have sacks of the stuff. Tastes good with pretzels.

Ps. No, you can't borrow any... but you will probably try and steal it anyway.
Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69

Quote:

Originally Posted by meldavid View Post

There's not too many patches in Cinematic Impacts but what is there is very pro-sounding and makes you wish you were scoring a sci-fi war movie. You can turn the reverb mix down within Alchemy. You also have variations via the remix and x-y pads. Click on the links below for complete patch list:

drums

sound effects

sound effects-hits

sound effects-transitions

Thanks!
soundcloud
Heist9000 +

Life of Riley

Times thanked
< 1,878

Quote:

You think this sample library is a toy too, eh?

I think breaking my own windshields and finding the right mic to capture the sound is more of a chore than just buying this.
BCII +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heist9000 View Post

I think breaking my own windshields and finding the right mic to capture the sound is more of a chore than just buying this.

Strangely enough, so do I. At least we are on the same page.
opiate +

Times thanked
< 43
Ah BCII why is it always you...

BCII +

Times thanked
< 16
I figure it has to be someone.
meldavid +

Times thanked
< 622
From June 28 to July 7, 2012, you can get 50% off this sample library at NI.

I think I'm a go for it and use my E-voucher.

I just purchased it for $144.36 AUD using a $30 E-voucher from Komplete, which is a more reasonable price for junk percussion.

No download though. Have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive.

Last edited by meldavid: 29-Jun-12 at 12:30pm

Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69

« Previous Thread Next Thread »