Sydney

Future presents Paul Oakenfold 'Four Seasons' Tour - Hordern Pavilion . Sun 30 Sept

All About:

All About

+Follow

Add Follows

Stay informed about your favourite artists and events. We'll email you whenever there is new events, news or content posted about your favourite things. Simply select those you want to be notified about View my Follows |  Follow Settings

• Hordern Pavilion
  • Paul Oakenfold
  • More Tba
Cancel Finish

Description:

It has been 3 long years since Paul Oakenfold last graced our shores for the Future Music Festival back in 2009. In that time Paul has been extremely busy; having partnered his widely respected Perfecto label with Armin Van Buuren’s almighty Armada Music, the label has gone from strength...

Page 1 of 3
  Tools
Scott_FUTURE +

Times thanked
< 182
Future presents Paul Oakenfold 'Four Seasons' Tour - Hordern Pavilion . Sun 30 Sept

Media Player
Paul Oakenfold 'Four Seasons' Australian Tour - YouTube

It has been 3 long years since Paul Oakenfold last graced our shores for the Future Music Festival back in 2009. In that time Paul has been extremely busy; having partnered his widely respected Perfecto label with Armin Van Buuren’s almighty Armada Music, the label has gone from strength to strength and continues to be at the forefront of electronic music boasting a continuous stream of successful new releases. Paul’s globally syndicated radio show Planet Perfecto is now aired in over 40 countries every week and has quickly amassed a legion of loyal fans worldwide. Paul has also returned to the DJ circuit in a big way with a non stop schedule of over 200 shows in 2012 - with appearances at some of the largest and most respect events and festivals across the world.

His highly acclaimed Four Seasons tour and album concept, which embraces a cutting edge visual show fused with Paul’s Full On Fluoro sound has recaptured the imaginations of fans new and old worldwide.

Paul Oakenfold's story is woven so tightly into the fabric of what we know of today’s 'dance music' that he surely needs no introduction, with the magnitude of his career it's hard to put one of the true legends of electronic music’s history into words. For over 3 decades he has shaped and changed an entire genre of EDM and continues to be the leading force in the global music scene, paving the way all other artists in the genre. Yet he is still pushing boundaries. His most recent works have taken him from the DJ Booth of the world’s hottest clubs and festivals, to the studio to record and remix tracks for some of the biggest recording artists in the world (Madonna, U2). The first global dj to have a residency in Las Vegas – he helped the city go on to win the tag of the 'Ibiza of the USA' and his Perfecto Record label has opened the doors for countless headliners including David Guetta. His artistry and craft has earned him accolades from critics and fans as well as 2 Grammy nominations and the ability to play anywhere in the world, like the Great Wall of China.

In the build up to the release of the Four Seasons 4 x CD album on 2nd November Future Entertainment are pleased to announce five exclusive Australian appearances from Paul Oakenfold as he brings his full Four Seasons audio and visual production down under.

Check www.futureentertainment.com.au for ticket info coming soon
FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT
scott@futureentertainment.com.au
www.futureentertainment.com.au
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,212
pretty big venue for him isnt it?
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
Ben Royal +

Times thanked
< 127
It'll be a good indication of how much popularity he still has in Australia.

I don't think you'll have any difficulty getting a ticket.
Amosse +

Bring Super8 & Tab to Australia!

Times thanked
< 111
Any rumours on who the supporting acts are?
Mindfull-1 +

Times thanked
< 153
While you are at it future music, can you bring back Duke Ellington, the Stegosaurus & Triceratops so they can have some form of stadium based dual we can all watch.
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 3,403
Saturday 29 September
Secret Show
these words fill this space
Scott_FUTURE +

Times thanked
< 182
Oakie is back in a big way ... Between his production, label releases, podcast and constant touring I think doubters are going to be pleasantly surprised by this tour. He is the talk of the UK club scene at the moment.

We have always pulled strong numbers on the long weekend at the Hordern and I can't see it being any different this year. I love the venue when its used for gigs like this.

Really looking forward to this
FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT
emertons_madskill +

Times thanked
< 7
he has gone back to producing trance again which is good

having said that he is in the weird spot where the young people probably don't know who he is and where the older crowd stopped liking him while he was going through his mid-life crisis.

very interested to see how sales go for this. Also hoping for John Askew on support!
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
I don't like to be negative towards events but even with bbk's resurrection in your video this is going to potentially be the biggest fizzer in Sydney in a while. That you have to list a career resume in the video shows you're already in for a tough sell.

Would his ego not take anything less than the Hordern? Cos Scott, you can't have srsly made that decision? you're a businessman that wants to make money.
JoeMayberry +

Times thanked
< 27
So no Godskitchen this year?
james223 +

Times thanked
< 153

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMayberry View Post

So no Godskitchen this year?

Looks like it.
Tbh he would of suited a GK lineup as I'm not sure he will have the pulling power for a packed horden.
In saying that though, trance is on the rise in Sydney again so who knows.
Lima +

Times thanked
< 43
fuck him...already the 2nd highest paid dj in the world...doesn't need any more money
Originally Posted by chimby
Does that make you multi-retarded SurfinBird?
Lima +

Times thanked
< 43
fuck him...already the 2nd highest paid dj in the world...doesn't need any more money
Originally Posted by chimby
Does that make you multi-retarded SurfinBird?
ether1988 +

Times thanked
< 98
If Askew is supporting i am there
Basics +

Times thanked
< 2
His very first Essential Mix still sounds good to this day 18 years on. Not sure on this 1 though as i went off his sound quite a long time ago, would be interesting to catch him though, he's 1 of the English stalwarts that have been around for ever with fingers in many pies. Should be as big as Sasha easy

Two steps further than any other f***er
Scott_FUTURE +

Times thanked
< 182
Blast from the past ...

Paul Oakenfold Radio One Essential Mix recorded live at Home in Sydney - 1999

Media Player
Essential Mix 1999-01-17 - Paul Oakenfold, Live from Home, Sydney, Australia - YouTube
FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT
gowmesh +

Times thanked
< 5
Any one who knows electronic music would know who is Oakie.... All the big names today grew up listening to Oakie. PVD, AVB, A&B, they have been fans of Oakie... He is the grandfather of EDM... to see some1 like him playing who inspired so many big djs ...I know it would be something to look forward to..
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkdogz View Post

I don't like to be negative towards events but even with bbk's resurrection in your video this is going to potentially be the biggest fizzer in Sydney in a while. That you have to list a career resume in the video shows you're already in for a tough sell.

Would his ego not take anything less than the Hordern? Cos Scott, you can't have srsly made that decision? you're a businessman that wants to make money.

It's a big gamble but Future probably know something we don't..
Boom Boom
Boom Boom Says DJ Qu (Strength Music, NYC) - Saturday October 26th
More info: http://boomboom.net.au
One22 +

Times thanked
< 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzzy View Post

maybe they can see into the future????

boom boom tish....

Teknikall +

Times thanked
< 433
A voyage of Trance was the first time I ever heard of him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict

Rename thread to 'Jrod asks stupid questions, receives good answers, ignores advise'.

walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzzy View Post

All i can think is they'll load the line up with relevant trance "supports" that people actually want to see more than Oakenfold.
edmundpw +

Times thanked
< 20
Since his return to trance about 18 months ago, Oakenfold has been the DJ I want to see above all others. The negativity on here is a bit surprising. His albums, Never Mind The Bollocks, Winter, and Spring are all excellent. He's the godfather of trance and if people will turn out for Armin and Tiesto, then they should do so for Oakey.

... and the secret show is probably at the Marquee, at a guess.
Fittler +

Times thanked
< 12
He was fucking boring at ASOT Miami and as someone who was on the dancefloor when Perfecto was actually a (somewhat) decent label, let me say thiS at The Horden is a huge swing and a miss for Future.
He is suited to the 'wow a name I've heard of but have no idea of what that means' Marque crowd.

To say that he has been hugely popular in the UK with bookings so we are bringing him here shows a great laziness that screams for a turnover of deadwood staff.

I can only assume it's getting harder and harder everyday for people to try and run a touring company.
Increasing agent fees and a restrictive economy must make it near on impossible for the likes of these companies to pretend they are tryingto progress musical intelligence.

This isn't a Future diss, just a Future miss.
I'm sure they will come back and kick our arse with something quality all too soon.
special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,993
Future aren't some fly by night amateurs. They know what they are doing.

having said that, is Oakey still "big" enough to fill the Hordern? I dont know
soundcloud
mixcloud
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,433
I'm sure there's a lot of people out there that like him now, be that old or new fans.

I haven't really paid attention to him for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashedman

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431
He's back in a massive way over the past year. Essentially the face for what John Askew is doing behind the scenes, but playing a lot of proper trance with elements of prog psy. Shits on the commercial stuff many others are playing. I'd almost be tempted to go to this.

Only frustrating thing is he's using Ableton with that super quick style of mixing which I don't think suits the tracks he plays. 3min segments of 7-9min tracks can be annoying.
buffed +

Times thanked
< 172
i think a lot of the old skool crew will dust off the shoes for this one.

oakenfold can't DJ for shit, but he always had great track selection and quality taste in music. hopefully he will play some psy trance and old skool stuff rather than the fag trance that Tiesto, AVB and others play.

I will probably go
Shall +

Do you believe in a Godd?

Times thanked
< 18
Would love to see him play this kind of stuff of his. (Probably wont though of course!)

Media Player
Paul Oakenfold - Planet Rock (Swordfish Mix) - YouTube

Media Player
Paul Oakenfold - Dread Rock - Matrix Revolution Theme - YouTube

Media Player
YouTube

and of course these two tracks ...two of my favourite Paul Oakenfold remixes - Especially love the Smashing Pumpkins - Perfect Remix.

Media Player
SMASHING PUMPKINS - Perfect [Perfecto Mix] - YouTube

Media Player
Paul Oakenfold Everything But The Girl Missing - YouTube

(Yes I'm a big Oakey fan)
Random.

.....Party [once again] in Miami [2013] with the rhythm and the bass!

baseade +

Times thanked
< 16
his tranceport cd was awesome, not to mention his lotherton hall essential mix in 1999.

Defo going to pay my respects at this one, although i hate the fact that he always insists on playing that PPK Ressurection tune - fucking gash.

When i first started raving in 98 i saw him play and there was one tune which got progressively more intense with some dude going "oakey oakey oakey oakey oakey" for what seemed like forever, but the jerry springers made it sound amazing. Anyone have a clue what im on about???? Been searching for best part of 14 years!
Scott_FUTURE +

Times thanked
< 182
Early bird tickets on sale tomorrow from 9am

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...2#.T_oseWgp-gE
FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT
baseade +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ether1988 View Post

If Askew is supporting i am there

havent seen askew in a while also, that would be phenomenal!
ether1988 +

Times thanked
< 98
Just saw that Askew is playing a gig in the UK on the 29th of Sept so that dream is out! Sucks..

Heres to hoping future are putting on a proper trance night and decide to bring some decent support sans cheese.

Just glancing at the perfecto top 10 on beatport at the moment and there are some awesome names that would go down a treat...Liquid Soul, Astrix, Magnus(!!), Nick Sentinence, Sonic Element etc etc
mr flauge +

Times thanked
< 36
Yet another great day at Parklife, followed by a night of trance at the hordern.
Yes, can't wait for this one!!
Amosse +

Bring Super8 & Tab to Australia!

Times thanked
< 111
Holy crap, I just realised this is the same day as Parklife.
Wowk +

Has got special powers and he's got lots of friends

Times thanked
< 511
I just listened to his ASOT 550 mix - I actually really liked it. Reminded me of what I liked about trance in the first place when I was a trance fan. It's fairly dark, chunky, techy...none of this fluffy "uplifting" (read: unicorns farting rainbows) shit. Admittedly there was one track in there that was fucking horrible (Palms - Touch The Sky), but the set overall was still 100 times better than most trance I hear these days. He can at least kinda mix now too. Kinda.

Could be tempted to go to this if only to cross him off my "stalwarts I should probably see" list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyentist

More than 23 Australians like techno (and I can prove it)...
http://soundcloud.com/groups/techno-fans-australia

Shall +

Do you believe in a Godd?

Times thanked
< 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wowk View Post

I just listened to his ASOT 550 mix - I actually really liked it. Reminded me of what I liked about trance in the first place when I was a trance fan. It's fairly dark, chunky, techy...none of this fluffy "uplifting" (read: unicorns farting rainbows) shit. Admittedly there was one track in there that was fucking horrible (Palms - Touch The Sky), but the set overall was still 100 times better than most trance I hear these days. He can at least kinda mix now too. Kinda.

Could be tempted to go to this if only to cross him off my "stalwarts I should probably see" list.

I agree with you Andrew, his ASOT550 set in London was actually quite a really entertaining, dark, 'spacey', techy set indeed. I'll excuse him for playing Palms though - The ASOT crowd (Especially in the UK) 'laps' up tracks like that and Oakey being a great traditional DJ like he is, still knows how to hold some connection to whatever crowd he does play too.

Of course I naturally like his 99-2002 stuff as well. The Swordfish soundtrack and the Bunkka album was two of greatest releases in my opinion. September is going to be interesting in terms of what he plays.
Random.

.....Party [once again] in Miami [2013] with the rhythm and the bass!

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,993
"unicorns farting rainbows"

soundcloud
mixcloud
Scott_FUTURE +

Times thanked
< 182
Having John Askew manage him has made a big impact... He is loving DJing again and is fully behind it
FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT
Chemo +

Times thanked
< 13
So still no news on who will be supporting? Please no crap "local" Sydney tossers...
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,212
nikfish please
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
Seamus Ryan +

Resident Perve

Times thanked
< 8
I may actually consider hitting this one up. It was Oakenfold that actually got me into EDM back in 98 or 99 or whenever it was. I briefly saw him at FMF 09 and he was rubbish. If this new sound has made him as good as people are making out it may be worth it.

Anyone got some links to recent recordings of his i can sample to see what i am in for?
ARMIN

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors

hardstyle does have melodies they're just really retarded

MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431
http://soundcloud.com/perfecto-recor...of-10-feb-2012
Scott_FUTURE +

Times thanked
< 182
Oakie's first Radio One Essential Mix in 5 years is being broadcast this weekend, I will post the soundcloud link as soon as I have it.

Media Player
Paul Oakenfold - Fluorescence - Essential Mix Teaser - YouTube
FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT
Scott_FUTURE +

Times thanked
< 182
Streaming now if you click on LISTEN in the top right hand corner of the site - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/#djs
FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT
Scott_FUTURE +

Times thanked
< 182
“I am focused on DJing and making music this year,” Perfecto boss Paul Oakenfold has said, and his worldwide tour will bring him to Australia in Spring. Part of that renewed focus on DJing led Oakey back to the BBC Radio 1 studio to helm his first Essential Mix in five years over the weekend. Despite the long break, he was the second name ever to record an Essential Mix back in 1993 and was the show’s resident DJ in 1999. The Goa set that he created for the show in 1994 is described by Pete Tong as “perhaps the most famous Essential Mix of them all”, capturing a moment in time (inthemix recently heard Above & Beyond’s Jono Grant quoting it as his introduction to dance music). Oakey’s new two-hour session is titled ‘Fluorescence’, inspired by the sound of his offshoot label Perfecto Fluoro.

“I wanted to make something really special for you guys – to take you on a real journey – and this mix is it,” Oakey writes. “It’s been a few months work to put it together and it’s packed with not only great melodic music but also samples from film, radio, speech and other audio sources. I hope you are going to like it and enjoy it as much as I did putting it together.” The tracklist includes a string of familiar names and lesser-known talents, with Melbourne’s own Ahmet Atasever represented.

Perfecto Fluoro figurehead John Askew recently took to his Facebook page to big-up his boss’s effort. “Sitting in the Perfecto office listening to Paul Oakenfold’s Essential Mix,” Askew wrote. “He’s called it ‘Fluorescence’, and I have to say – it’s incredible. Proper trance. Proper Goa. Proper psy. Proper breaks. It’s just fucking cool and fucking proper.” You can give it a “proper” listen over at the BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix site, or hit play on the SOundcloud embed below.

S.I.N. (Sub Intelligence Noize) & Rory Tec – Nebula Rising (Progressive Transient Mix)
Mimax – Insomnia
06R – Air
Origin – Planet Cracker (Steve Birch Breaks N Kick Mix)
Ahmet Atasever – All Yours (Ovnimoon Remix)
Moonbeam – Hate is Killer (Arty Remix) (feat. Avis Vox)
Rory James – Memory Flush (Steve Haines Remix)
Adrian Lux – Burning (Topher Jones remix) (feat. Dante)
Snow Patrol – Called Out in The Dark (Flesh & Bone Remix)
Paul Oakenfold – Surrender (Protoculture Remix) (feat. J Hart)
Simon Le Grec – Hey DJ Play My Song
Light Year – Reversion
B.Exp – Overmind
Future Disciple – Nail the Nile
Steve Brian – Vueltas (Thomas Datt Remix)
Sezer Uysal – Nigah I Mestine
Alex Armes – Take This Way (Dankann Antillas Remix)
Armin van Buuren – We Are Here to Make Some Noize
Will Atkinson – Darker Shades of Black (Blazer Remix)
John O’Callaghan – Big Sky (Ben Gold 2012 Mix) (feat. Audrey Gallagher)
Easy Riders – Symbolic Flashback
Simon Patterson – Northern Lights
Armin van Buuren – Yet Another Day (Ben Gold 2012 Mix) (feat. ray Wilson)
Yahel – Now F* Dance
Easy Rider – Hamburger
Thomas Datt – Long Distance
Seth Vogt – Lost (Under This Remix) (feat. Goldillox)
Hard Noize – Breakaway (Blazer Remix)
Brian Cameron – Serotonin Syndrome (Eshericks Remix)
Santiago Niño – City Lights
Paul Oakenfold – Come Together
XGenic – Blaster
Mac & Monday – Yoruba
Planet Perfecto – Bullet in The Gun (Gary Maguire Remix)
Tristan & Magik – Wonderizer
FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT

Last edited by Scott_FUTURE: 23-Jul-12 at 12:07pm

DJ_Ange +

The Pleasure Is All Mine

Times thanked
< 2
Congratulations to Ahmet Atasever for support on his new track 'All Yours' !!! Nice bit of AU support in there!
http://www.facebook.com/DJ.Ange.Australia
http://www.facebook.com/Trance.Progressive.Sydney
http://www.twitter.com/dj_ange
ezza69 +

Times thanked
< 90
Have only heard the first hour of that EM today and, bar a couple of poofin on tracks, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Im sold into going now
http://soundcloud.com/eric-thomas/
Scott_FUTURE +

Times thanked
< 182
Some classic Oakenfold

1994.12.18 - Essential Mix - Paul Oakenfold: The Goa Mix: Silver + Gold

Paul Oakenfold - Cream Live Two
FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT
james223 +

Times thanked
< 153
Media Player
Paul Oakenfold feat. J. Hart - Surrender (Protoculture Remix) - YouTube

Been loving this lately.
Ahmet +

Times thanked
< 62

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Ange View Post

Congratulations to Ahmet Atasever for support on his new track 'All Yours' !!! Nice bit of AU support in there!

Thanks Ange! Surreal stuff!
http://www.ahmetatasever.com
http://www.facebook.com/ahmetataseverdj
http://www.wtfnews.org
Page 1 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »