Tools
Astro-Boy +

LOOK AT MY BALD COCK. LOOK AT IT.

Times thanked
< 20,760

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post

Cant see the blues winning this though

They will, then I'll have to kill myself.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Interesting with walker playing the tall forward. Kruuuze playing like someone has put a prod up his arse.

Yarran back to his swan districts form. Sensation one week, average the next
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542
Stands are almost empty... Fair weather supporters.

Seriously enjoyable watching Lollingwood slide down the ladder. Had their easy draw now it's down down down down

Bergs +

Ya mum

Times thanked
< 1,438
Lollingwood
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 4,768
Awesome go Carlton! A couple of players back in form and they are right on the money again. Who knows, they may win the last 8 now...

Swans need a decent win over Brisbane to be ontop of the ladder

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

hammm +

Times thanked
< 496
carn you blue baggers!!!
hammm +

Times thanked
< 496
flag back on
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammm View Post

flag back on

Love your optimism.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Awesome go Carlton! A couple of players back in form and they are right on the money again. Who knows, they may win the last 8 now...

Swans need a decent win over Brisbane to be ontop of the ladder

And three other teams not to win.

Brisbanes form has been decent to. I give them a real chance against the swans
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 14,153
Ahahahahahahaha ahahajjajahahahahaha
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 4,768

Quote:

And three other teams not to win.

Brisbanes form has been decent to. I give them a real chance against the swans

Hey guy, see that ladder? We have better percentage than the rest of those teams, hence we are second at the moment. A win with a bit more percentage than WC and we go on top. It's simple mathematics, really.

Quote:

Quote:

hammm +

Times thanked
< 496
simple mathematics, with derelict.

hope wellingham gets significant weeks. coward.
djpractice +

Times thanked
< 82
http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/466393/Simpson%20crunched/

what a fucking dog - hope Wellingham is suspended for the rest of the season!!! dirty ****
Practice - Playing weird shit since 2004
Bergs +

Ya mum

Times thanked
< 1,438

VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542
Ror
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,270
Fucking

I like Wellingham but he needs to go
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,542
Welling ham should get three weeks for the hit, and another 10 for his shit first name.
Aydo +

play from your fucking heart

Times thanked
< 43
Alright it was a shit hit by Wellingham, but the "rest of the season" and "coward"? Come on. If he had have backed out of the contest he would have got booed by his supporters. 3 weeks.

Not sure what really happened there. Our only half decent player was Shaw and possibly Blair. Brock showed us up... Brock...
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,760
Wellingham should only be suspended because he put that hit on Simpson instead of Robinson.

FACT.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Yeah anyone who has played the game knows that you gotta end up going for those line ball decisions. He'll get weeks but it wasn't overtly intentional.

I take comfort in the fact that in country footy it's play-on
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,760
You'd get 3 votes for that in country footy, not 3 weeks.
defected819 +

CHyer!

Times thanked
< 49
He could made a contest of that if he stuck his arms out. I thought he had a right to go for that ball but he just bumped.
djpractice +

Times thanked
< 82
He lined him up and bumped him in the head - he displayed absolutely NO Interest at going for the ball and didnt even look at the ball - that's just how I saw it though - MVP may see differently
Practice - Playing weird shit since 2004
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 4,768
Not even a single gaze at the ball. He needs to be rubbed out, for a long time. 6-8 weeks.

Quote:

Quote:

Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,270

Quote:

Yeah anyone who has played the game knows that you gotta end up going for those line ball decisions. He'll get weeks but it wasn't overtly intentional.

I take comfort in the fact that in country footy it's play-on

Can't say I agree with that. Like others have said, he had opportunity to play the ball and instead lined up the man. I'm predicting four weeks, down to three with a guilty plea

Also, the I remain unconvinced about Ratts but he deserves kudos for the way he went about it last night. Out thought nafe

Last edited by Anselm: 07-Jul-12 at 10:50am

jutsy +

Times thanked
< 62
If it was matty lloyd that made that hit there would be no argument that it was a cheap shot. wellingham had no intention of going for the ball he just tucked in his elbow and lined simpson up, add the fact he left the ground and he definitely should get plenty of weeks.
Pancho +

boom.

Times thanked
< 189

Quote:

Originally Posted by djpractice View Post

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/466393/Simpson%20crunched/

what a fucking dog - hope Wellingham is suspended for the rest of the season!!! dirty ****

oh please. no one is denying it was a shit **** thing to do, but get a grip. very disappointing from Wellingham though. 3-4 weeks

well played Carlton. they came to play.. we didn't.

dont understand the one way talk of Collingwood being the team to beat this year. we still might be, and we are certainly up there ( not on last nights performance ), but with our run home and with the possibility of playing interstate during the finals, this is still up for grabs.

Need Pendlebury back ASAP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by write my name

No offense brain surgeon - but what hard facts do you have that cousins has ever done a drug?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anselm

Pies genuinely no good this year

Derelict +

Times thanked
< 4,768
I like how a lot of people are talking up the Lions. Ok, they beat West Coast by 2 points with seconds to spare, with WC having traveled all the way from Perth. But their other scalps are GWS, WB and Melbourne, all 3 teams Swans slaughtered by 90+ points. All the games against teams higher than them have resulted in 50+ smashings.

Ah, football media.

Quote:

Quote:

Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anselm View Post

Can't say I agree with that. Like others have said, he had opportunity to play the ball and instead lined up the man. I'm predicting four weeks, down to three with a guilty plea

Its all bullshit that he would have made a direct decision to bump, in all likelihood in those situations someone is going to get hit and so they normally brace for a bump to feel the contact. Don't get me wrong, the deeds done and he'll be rubbed out for many many weeks (and so he should) but compare that to a direct charge where someone is deliberately charging to smash a guy. Its not a 10-12 weeks plugger lockett term, its 4-5 week at most
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

Times thanked
< 3,447
The Swans are going to get out to a commanding lead by half time only to have the Lions comeback hard and make it a close finish. It's customary.

It's the reverse of what used to happen - Swans get behind and mount a comeback in the 4th qtr.

Wellingham should get 3 weeks purely for his haircut.
Pancho +

boom.

Times thanked
< 189
agreed Jimmy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by write my name

No offense brain surgeon - but what hard facts do you have that cousins has ever done a drug?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anselm

Pies genuinely no good this year

mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 253
yeah enough about last night.

tipping north to beat west coast today. richmond by 40. swans by 50.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

I like how a lot of people are talking up the Lions. Ok, they beat West Coast by 2 points with seconds to spare, with WC having traveled all the way from Perth. But their other scalps are GWS, WB and Melbourne, all 3 teams Swans slaughtered by 90+ points. All the games against teams higher than them have resulted in 50+ smashings.

Ah, football media.

You can only beat teams u play. Admittedly they were awful before the North game, but since then they have really come to play. Been pretty impressed with them.

You can never go by how much teams beat lower teams by. Some teams are downhill skiiers, great when they're teams on top, awful when they're down (carlton, sydney 2nd halves).
JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

Times thanked
< 3,447
Yeah recently, Richmond had always seemed to be easy beats for the Swans but end up smashing them.
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,760

Quote:

Not even a single gaze at the ball. He needs to be rubbed out, for a long time. 6-8 weeks.

Comments from the super coach.

/twelfth man
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 4,768

Quote:

You can only beat teams u play. Admittedly they were awful before the North game, but since then they have really come to play. Been pretty impressed with them.

You can never go by how much teams beat lower teams by. Some teams are downhill skiiers, great when they're teams on top, awful when they're down (carlton, sydney 2nd halves).

Hang on, we've had some good second halves this year too. Hawthorn, GWS last week. Swings and roundabouts really

So what was my original point

Quote:

Quote:

Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

Hang on, we've had some good second halves this year too. Hawthorn, GWS last week. Swings and roundabouts really

So what was my original point

That your a chump?
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,491

Quote:

I'd be very disappointed if we lost at home against the Lions. Our team on paper is far better I think. The rain will even things out I suspect and if we don't play with %100 commitment, with a wrong attitude, then the Lions are more than capable of beating us.

But as I said, I will be pretty unimpressed if we lose because this is a game we should win, and need to win, to keep our momentum going. More importantly, there is going to be so small a difference between the top 6 this year that this is a must win game with the Eagles, Blues, Cats (all away) and Pies, Hawks, and Saints (all home) to finish off the year.

Only this game, the Bulldogs, and Gold Coast seem like highly probables.

Such an awesome year.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,491

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancho View Post

oh please. no one is denying it was a shit **** thing to do, but get a grip. very disappointing from Wellingham though. 3-4 weeks

well played Carlton. they came to play.. we didn't.

dont understand the one way talk of Collingwood being the team to beat this year. we still might be, and we are certainly up there ( not on last nights performance ), but with our run home and with the possibility of playing interstate during the finals, this is still up for grabs.

Need Pendlebury back ASAP.

The Pies definitely have the squad to win it on paper but as last night showed, as the whole season is littered with examples of, the top 12 are all capable of beating each other if you are just a little off.

---

Re Wellingham: should get 4-6. If he kept his eyes on the ball I would've thought he'd get 1 or 2. But if he kept his eyes on the ball he would've been going for the mark and the impact would have been completely different. He dropped his eyes and deliberately went for a bump. I don't think he deliberately meant to get him in the head, I think he just horribly mis-timed it, but that should be immaterial considering the player he was going for was both in the air and had his eyes only at the ball.

Edit: I don't think Wellingham's a dirty player at all.

Last edited by Geezah: 07-Jul-12 at 02:12pm

Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,270

Quote:

Its all bullshit that he would have made a direct decision to bump, in all likelihood in those situations someone is going to get hit and so they normally brace for a bump to feel the contact. Don't get me wrong, the deeds done and he'll be rubbed out for many many weeks (and so he should) but compare that to a direct charge where someone is deliberately charging to smash a guy. Its not a 10-12 weeks plugger lockett term, its 4-5 week at most

Like I said, I think it's 3-4 weeks. I just don't think you can excuse it on the basis of a line ball decision that went the wrong way. It was deliberate and it was nasty.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 4,768

Quote:

That your a chump?

Calling me a chump with that sort of grammar is fairly ironic.

Geezah, Swans are one of the best wet outfits in the league. Jude Bolton really comes alive when it rains.

Quote:

Quote:

Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,491

Quote:

Calling me a chump with that sort of grammar is fairly ironic.

Geezah, Swans are one of the best wet outfits in the league. Jude Bolton really comes alive when it rains.

I know mate, but the rain is definitely a leveller at the SCG. The Lions showed against West Coast that they can play in sloppy conditions. The sun is suddenly shining in Sydders now so hopefully it stays like this.

We really need to start finishing games off better too. It will eventually cost us.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezah View Post

I'd be very disappointed if we lost at home against the Lions. Our team on paper is far better I think. The rain will even things out I suspect and if we don't play with %100 commitment, with a wrong attitude, then the Lions are more than capable of beating us.

But as I said, I will be pretty unimpressed if we lose because this is a game we should win, and need to win, to keep our momentum going. More importantly, there is going to be so small a difference between the top 6 this year that this is a must win game with the Eagles, Blues, Cats (all away) and Pies, Hawks, and Saints (all home) to finish off the year.

Only this game, the Bulldogs, and Gold Coast seem like highly probables.

Such an awesome year.

Yeah it has been pretty close this year. I recon we'd be in danger of finishing out of the top 4 considering sydney and adelaide's easy run. Although I just did the ladder predictor (factoring in the game that we look like losing at the moment) and I gots:
Pies
Adelaide
Hawks
Eagles
Essendon
Sydney
North
Geelong

Anyone from 1-6 are a good chance of making a prelim I recon, which is what the comp needs. I recon anyone playing Adelaide in a final would fancy themselves
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,270
If we keep playing like we did last night, well sneak into the 8. Easy run home and Murphy and Waite back.

North are playing well
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Bam!
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,760
Go Zorko/Lions!

Derelict +

Times thanked
< 4,768
Swans appear to be asleep in the first quarter, wtf.

Quote:

Quote:

CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
< 1,378
All swans start out as ugly ducklings
hammm +

Times thanked
< 496
how ugly is that demolished stand looking at the scg
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,760
Swans look to be putting the foot down in the third (not watching).
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »