Sport and Fitness

The Golf Thread

Tools
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
< 2,436
WTF is Mickelson doing today? 3 holes in and Scott hasn't even putted yet

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

nickko +

Why would I not have a nice day?

Times thanked
< 4,578
Not sure if I'm down with cheering missed putts etc.
I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
hammm +

Times thanked
< 510
loving this
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92
Day, Baddeley and Allenby. Thanks heaps
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,345
fwiw Day had a bad day.. he'll learn from it and grow

Baddeley just got owned by a Tiger who learnt to putt again. You can't compete with that

Allenby should never have been on the team to begin with. he's been riding his reputation for a few years now. Yeah in his day he was one of the best match players there is but he's not that guy anymore. Needs to be let go imo
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,318
Allenby is just a whinging loser these days. He'll play good golf for 1 or two weeks a year, win a tournament and pick up enough money here and there to keep his card. That's it. I can;t stand the bloke and the sooner he disappears into oblivion the better imo.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92
Hindsight is awesome but put simply, Senden has been in far better form for a while - particularly this season
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92
Senden 8 under after 11 holes (with a hole in one and 2 eagles putts which missed by centimetres)
gotamangina +

o.O

Times thanked
< 9,036
lolf

Media Player
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,345
what's this Tiger is winning stuff business? Has he finally got his head sorted out?
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
I hope so. The only thing you can say about his win was it was in a bit of a mickey mouse tournament. Still he beat some of the best players in the world and this will only help to improve his confidence. I for one would love to see him back at World #1.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
franko123 +

Hello, this is your captain speaking.

Times thanked
< 861
i don't give a fuck about golf... unless tiger is winning...

simliar to tennis... i'm a fed express fan... when he's not winning i dnw
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 23,115

Quote:

Originally Posted by franko123 View Post

i don't give a fuck about golf... unless tiger is winning...

simliar to tennis... i'm a fed express fan... when he's not winning i dnw

A bit like football and Chelsea, huh franko?
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92

So true
franko123 +

Hello, this is your captain speaking.

Times thanked
< 861
it's a tough life... what can i say
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
Unfortunately Bowditch & Green didn't make it through Q School, but fortunately for Jarrod Lyle, he did.
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,345
tiger was looking pretty good on the last day of the Pres cup. Still not quite what he used to be but well on the way there
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
For anybody wanting to watch the final round of the US Open

Spoiler:
http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-4/0/176/v-417661.html
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
I really want to see Westwood win himself a major. Today's conditions with the fog/mist and temperature should suit him. Lets hope he keeps it straight and drains some putts.

I'm we will see a playoff.

Tiger having another shocker, +6 for the day at one point. Just sunk a nice birdie putt to get him back to +9 for the tournament... poor bloke must be fighting some real demons in these high pressure majors. Makes you wonder if he will ever be able to win another?

John Senden also playing well, he's by far my fav Aussie on the tournament so I'm pleased he is playing well. Don't think he really has the game to threaten for victory but it's one of those courses that can see the leader drop a few shots in a hole or two.
little_brad +

Times thanked
< 4,988
Looks like Westwood took the gas

Heading off for our annual golf weekend this fri

Playing mount broughton on fri - pumped, it's an awesome track and was in top nick last time I played (4 years ago) hopefully its still in good shape

Then staying at the Jamberoo pub and playing 2 days at jambers golf club - tiny little country course but it's good fun, especially as we'll be on the beers most of the time
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
That fucking par 5 around the big tree at Jamberoo is fucked. I hit wedge off the tee when I played there, fucking hate that hole. Liked the rest of the course though, good for beers and a game.
little_brad +

Times thanked
< 4,988
Haha I'm left handed so I normally just aim for the next fairway, if I draw it, sweet, if not its an easy shot back over the trees

The greens are postage stamps which makes it tough, but it's a short course so you're hitting short irons in mostly
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
Webb Simpson takes it out. Furyk battled around all day but if you shoot under par for the final round you deserve to win it.

It's good to see all these younger guys on tour starting to make their mark in the big events. Sick of it being the Phil Mickelson show.
gotamangina +

o.O

Times thanked
< 9,036
Media Player
Crazy Fan Interrupts Webb Simpson's 2012 US Open Interview HD - YouTube
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92
classic
little_brad +

Times thanked
< 4,988
Had a great weekend of golf

Friday at mount broughton was tough, windy as fuck for the whole game and cold and rainy front 9. Course in top nick though and despite only shooting 26 points, hit plenty of good shots, lost a few balls in that long grass though

Jamberoo Saturday - 33 points off 10, pretty happy but fucked up on the back 9 a bit. Course in great condition though

Jamberoo Sunday - 32 points, shit start, shot 2 over back 9 which was nice

All in all quality weekend of drinking golf
little_brad +

Times thanked
< 4,988
going to be playing a game of golf in the Hunter in early september, unfortunately the Vintage is booked out so we can't play there

Anyone played Cypress Lakes or Hunter Valley GC lately? wanting to know what sort of nick they are in, some of the iseek golf reviews aren't promising saying the greens are shit at both.

might play at Kooindah waters on the way up instead, looks the goods
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
Never played them. A lot of the reviews on iseek are outdated/full of shit. People just ragging on rival clubs or whinging about a course because they played like shit. I don't take much notice of them to be honest.

Depending on the time of your I always just make sure they arent doing any course maintenance like coring/sanding when booking in.

Even if they arent in tip top shape, they will still be better than anything else up that way. Just dont go for the drive to Magenta Shores and play there... its really really really really hard if you are playing like shit.
little_brad +

Times thanked
< 4,988
cool, Magenta could be an option, i don't mind if its hard, most of the others guys won't either, its nice to play new courses, especially ones in good nick

I think i'll go with Kooindah over Magenta as its a troon golf course, they are always awesome in terms of the full package.

Kooindah looks fucking tough too
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
Yeah troon do a good job. Newcastle is also worth the trip.
little_brad +

Times thanked
< 4,988
newcastle golf club?
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
Yeah. Great Course. It was ranked 20th on the Aus. Golf Digest Top 100 courses this year.

The Vintage came in at at 50. Kooindah at 84.
little_brad +

Times thanked
< 4,988
solid, yeah looks pretty sweet. i reckon we'll go kooindah or magenta for the resort style experience, plus they should be nice and quiet so we can get on the beers and my mate can play a few holes in his borat mankini
little_brad +

Times thanked
< 4,988
pretty gutted we can't play the vintage to be honest, was really looking forward to playing there again
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
They are all on my to play list, I just dont get up that way very often. Might have to suggest we move one of our golf trips from the Murray to the Hunter one year.

I love playing all the resort style courses. Play a fair few in Queensland often, mainly on the Sunshine Coast.

I'm trying to convince a mate to have a bit of a boys weekend before his bucks weekend with a couple of mates and hit Barnbougle Dunes & Lost Farm. Can't wait to get down there. Australia's answer to true Links style golf.
little_brad +

Times thanked
< 4,988
barbougle looks pretty epic hey

i've played vintage twice, its well worth it, also spewing because one of the guys coming on the trip is the trainee pro at Terry Hills and could have got us on the vintage way cheaper!

have you played the one on bribie island - pacific harbour? that is awesome
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

I'm trying to convince a mate to have a bit of a boys weekend before his bucks weekend with a couple of mates and hit Barnbougle Dunes & Lost Farm. Can't wait to get down there. Australia's answer to true Links style golf.

Done Barney twice and Lost Farm once

Best. Shit. Ever.
little_brad +

Times thanked
< 4,988
Lol kooindah are coring there greens the week we go up, should be able to get on magenta for $75 which is sweet as its a private course now, it ranked 27th in the top 100
guima +

Times thanked
< 26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

Yeah. Great Course. It was ranked 20th on the Aus. Golf Digest Top 100 courses this year.

The Vintage came in at at 50. Kooindah at 84.

It's a nice course, but it can be quite unforgiving if you are not hitting it straight.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
Hit the ball the best i have done for ages on Saturday... well besides the driver.

Was on track for 38 points but faded real bad the final three holes after our back nine became super slow and all I wanted to do was finish the round. There were four groups on each hole for the last 6 holes, it was fucked. Ended up only having 33 points. blergh.
Chad +

Times thanked
< 48
Everyone pumped for the big Open?!

Chad's tips:

1) King Louis ($50)
2) Jason Dufner ($60)
3) Lee Westwood ($16)
4) Rory McIlroy ($26)
5) Justin Rose ($34)
6) Marcus Fraser ($400)
7) Paul Lawrie ($100)
Nick Colsaerts ($100)
9) Thorbjorn Olesen ($400)
10) Tomas Bjorn ($310)
11) Raffa Cabrella-Bella ($230)
12) Big George Coetzee ($240)

Good luck boys and go Marcus!
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
No free to air golf is fucking retarded. No US Open and now No Open. Fail.
Balls Deep +

Times thanked
< 7,918
The new camera view behind the tee box that shows the flight of the ball live is fucken awesome
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

Times thanked
< 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad View Post

Everyone pumped for the big Open?!

Chad's tips:

9) Thorbjorn Olesen ($400)

Olesen for top 10 would have been handy
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
COME ON ADAM!!!!! Don't do a Greggy.
watsakerring +

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Times thanked
< 3,933
Go Scotty!

Watched most of his round yesterday, looking solid.
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,914
Adam playing some rather inconsistent golf at the moment. Needs to settle down and get a string of pars.

Mind you none of the others around him are looking dangerous yet.
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,914
Ouch triple bogey to tiger.
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,914
Snedeker in a world of hurt on this hole
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,318
I jinxed him

« Previous Thread Next Thread »