Melbourne

Jochen Miller, Rank 1 & Leon Bolier - Majik Saturdays 25th Aug

All About:

All About

+Follow

Add Follows

Stay informed about your favourite artists and events. We'll email you whenever there is new events, news or content posted about your favourite things. Simply select those you want to be notified about View my Follows |  Follow Settings

• Room 680
  • Rank 1
  • Jochen Miller
  • Leon Bolier
Cancel Finish

Description:

Majik Entertainment is proud to present winters biggest trance club tour featuring international heavy weights Jochen Miller, Rank1 and Leon Boiler. Saturday 25th August at Majik Saturdays, Room680.

Tools
MajikEntertainment +

Paul Oakenfold 5th October Festival Hall

Times thanked
< 3
Jochen Miller, Rank 1 & Leon Bolier - Majik Saturdays 25th Aug
Majik Entertainment is proud to present winters biggest trance club tour featuring international heavy weights Jochen Miller, Rank1 and Leon Bolier. Saturday 25th August at Majik Saturdays, Room680.

Ticket Link:
http://www.moshtix.com.au/event.aspx...f=moshtix&skin

Jochen Miller

In 2000 Jochen became the first ever resident at Nijmegen's scene-setting, and now widely-renowned, Matrixx club. From there he's gone on to become a fixture at many of Holland's cooler, underground venues. With his fashionable style, charismatic disposition and affinitive, authoritative deck approach, he quickly made a name for himself at spots like DansSalon, Westrunie & RoyceBoxmeer. From that base he's begun to export his new musical synthesis globally, paying regular visits to The USA and Canada, Russia, Italy, The UK, Germany, Poland (most recently for Sunrise) & the Czech Republic to spin. Following a rapid burgeoning of his fan-base, the latter half of 2010 saw him sign to the David Lewis Productions DJ agency - home to A-list spinners including Armin van Buuren, Markus Schulz & Gareth Emery.
www.jochenmiller.com
www.facebook.com/jochenmillerofficial

Rank 1

They're one of Europe's most established, respected dance acts, having been catapulted to stardom by their debut release 'Airwave'. In the 9 years that have followed they've continued to pack out the CD wallets of world's A-list spinners with speaker-spankers that have included 'Such is Life', 'Symfo' and 'Life Less Ordinary'... In 2009 they unleashed 'L.E.D. There Be Light' - a track that was quickly snapped up by ID&T as the anthem for that year's Trance Energy event. Their Live and DJ sets induce floor-quakes before thousands of fans at clubs, arenas and festivals every single weekend. They are Piet Bervoets & Benno de Goeij... and they're Rank 1. Rank 1's Year One - 'Airwave': After a chance introduction at a party in the spring of 1997, Benno & Piet recognised much common musical ground and decided to work together. As the Dutch trance dawn rose up over Europe, the pair found themselves faultlessly positioned at its epicentre to reign. Championed by fellow fast-risers Armin van Buuren, Tiësto and Ferry Corsten, in 1999 the stadium-sized sound of 'Airwave' sent out an audio shockwave across the continent. It proved to be such a hit that just 12 months later 'Airwave' had been released, incredibly, in over 40 countries - jumping into the Top 10 in the UK and becoming the first Dutch track to top the European Dance Chart. The Rank 1 Singles: Working at the pace of roughly one floor-carnivore a year, Rank 1 followed-up with 'Such is Life' (2001), 'Awakening' (taken from their debut album 'Symsonic' - both 2002), 'It's up To You' (2003), 'Beats @ Rank-1 Dotcom' (2004) and 'Opus'/'Top Gear' (2005).
www.rank-1.com
www.facebook.com/rank1official

Leon Bolier
A major force in second dawn of The Netherlands' dance music, Leon Bolier is one of the most creative studio minds at work in the country today. Through his now widely-known 'trance with a twist' auditory ethos, he determinedly broke the mould of pre-millennium euphoric trance - rebuilding it with a never-heard-before sound-set. Taking the natural next-step, Bolier has long since brought the music from the studio to the people. Behind a pair of CDJs, he is a force of nature, delivering one sound-quaking performance after another. Playing hundreds of nights, and in front of hundreds of thousands of clubbers, this mission culminated in Leon debuting on DJ Magazine's Top 100 chart in the autumn of 2008.
www.leonbolier.com/v5
www.facebook.com/leonbolierofficial

Majik Saturday Room680
680 Glenferrie Rd,
Hawthorn

18+ ONLY Photo ID required. Dress code applies
10:00PM - 6:30AM

More details:
www.majikentertainment.com|www.room680.com
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
Leon <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxi Jazz

"It's about being determined to have a good time no matter what.
You have to take your good time to the party rather than expect the party to be your good time."

scoobersteve +

RAINBOW SERPENT 2012. DOOFIN' IT UP!

Times thanked
< 25
RANK 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be back from overseas just in time for this!
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
This event is unmissable for me!!! Big fan of all three!
middle C +

so who can see this?

Times thanked
< 490
who has got industries for this?
optical
scoobersteve +

RAINBOW SERPENT 2012. DOOFIN' IT UP!

Times thanked
< 25
Don't think there are any... only online at moshtix or guestlist on the night
Tonche +

Times thanked
< 1
Where's the hype? This should be awesome!

Media Player
Media Player

Media Player
Media Player
W&W & Jochen Miller - Summer (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Media Player
Rank 1 - LED There Be Light - HD - YouTube
Media Player
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
Ok I'm going to this. Any cheaper or industry tickets, or only whats left on moshtix??
MajikEntertainment +

Paul Oakenfold 5th October Festival Hall

Times thanked
< 3
1st release SOLD OUT! 2nd release on sale at moshtix.com.au
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
All good got my tix. BRING IT!!
gabbo +

Mr Random

Times thanked
< 1
Looking for two Tiks if anyone is selling at less than moshtix (currently $55 + booking fee)
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
Not long now... can you feel it in the airwave?
middle C +

so who can see this?

Times thanked
< 490
this night will be epic, cant wait!
optical
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
set times?

Quote:

You have to take your good time to the party rather than expect the party to be your good time."

ravelikespastic +

Times thanked
< 1,268
Just decided, catching up with a good friend and were going to this,
dont know why I didnt lokc it in earlier, will be awesome
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
It's going to be epic!! Really keen for set times too
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
How long do you reckon the sets will be? From the brochures it looks like Leon is more of a support so prob no more than an hour from him, although I'd like a good length set from him too. I've been listening to his Pictures album again recently and wow, there are some awesome tunes on there. YE and Ocean Drive Boulevard take me waaay back! Although I bet he plays more of his new stuff which I'm not so keen on.
flippy +

rushproductions.com.au / facebook.com/djjed

Times thanked
< 285

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdude View Post

I bet he plays more of his new stuff which I'm not so keen on.

Every time Leon's played he's delivered for me - and like any DJ, he'll probably play his new/more current stuff, sure, but will bust out his winners like Ocean Drive Boulevard as well. It's usually inevitable.

But whilst we're on it, I prefer oldskool Rank1 and older Jochen Miller too - so same applies to them?
RUSH PRODUCTIONS: HOUSE|PROG|TECH|TRANCE
Rush Radio - Podcast via iTunes or Podbean

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION
17/05_SUPER8 & TAB and BEN NICKY

Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
Yaeh nothing beats old school Rank 1... Airwave is possibly my all time fave. Although I still don't mind more recent songs like L.E.D There be Light and Wild and Perfect Day. Different but still good. Jochen I don't know much of his older stuff mainly his more recent tunes. Bamm! was good.
flippy +

Times thanked
< 285

Quote:

Yaeh nothing beats old school Rank 1... Airwave is possibly my all time fave. Although I still don't mind more recent songs like L.E.D There be Light and Wild and Perfect Day. Different but still good. Jochen I don't know much of his older stuff mainly his more recent tunes. Bamm! was good.

Check out Jochen Miller - India That was the first vinyl of his I bought and Armin loved it!

Airwave <3 FARKEN Up there with the best of the BEST trance anthems in existance... Phwoar.

If you've never heard it, check out the Rank1 - Breathing (Breaks Dub) version they did... ab-so-lutely AWESOME.

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION

Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
Yeah India is good, love Jochen's sound. I think all 3 should do pretty amazing sets. Jochen Miller and Rank 1 have a few pretty good collaborations actually which hopefully bang up when the sets overlap.

Likely to see set times? Pumped for this!
Yevgeny +

Times thanked
< 7
Can we at least get an indication of the playing order for Leon, Jochen and Rank 1?
Yevgeny on SoundCloud
middle C +

so who can see this?

Times thanked
< 490
where the fuck are the set times?
optical
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
Just heard from Leon that he is on at 12!

Quote:

Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
So u reckon Rank and Jochen will be after Leon? Pretty shit they can even say how long the sets are and times.
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
Yea, no set times = shit especially as I'm just going to see Leon, would of missed him, If i didn't find out what time he was on!

Quote:

Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
No wonder they didn't release set times. We were told Rank1 weren't going to be on till like 4am!!? What a joke!! Thankfully Leon's set was awesome, but left halfway through Jochen's set when he started playing Killers songs. But yeah who puts such a big act like Rank1 on so late? If they shifted everything an hour earlier would've been perfect and prob would've actually stayed
ravelikespastic +

Times thanked
< 1,268
I ended up there at 12, which is real late for me (im a boring lady these days, in bed by midnight) saw Leons set, almost lost the sole of my shoes (the floor was revolting) Jochen was awesome too, Saw 1/2 an hour of Rank 1, I hate the whole 'lets play a killer song and get everyone chanting thing too.. @ Chrisdude

I cant do events that gop this late anymore, getting old.
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586
Leon owned, nuff said.

Quote:

MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431

Quote:

But yeah who puts such a big act like Rank1 on so late?

Eh? That's prime time.

Kids these days are soft.
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
It's not a matter of being soft, I just feel that putting an international on at 4am in the graveyard shift is a bit of a letdown. Especially when there were no set times released so you get there at 11pm, and the main act you want to see isn't on for hours. I guess that's just a limitation of having 3 headline acts on one night, but I don't see any reason why Leon couldn't have started at 11 so Rank could start by 3 and even give a longer set if necessary to hook people in, or round out the end of the night with a support for those who want to dance on. Just my opinion anyway.
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586

Quote:

It's not a matter of being soft, I just feel that putting an international on at 4am in the graveyard shift is a bit of a letdown.

Think you are missing the point, this used to be the peak time for the headliners to play.

Quote:

MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431
3:30-6 is prime time when it comes to club nights. All the people who want to be there are there, daytrippers have gone home. Headliners playing at 1 just makes nights end early. It never used to be this way.

[/getting old]
middle C +

so who can see this?

Times thanked
< 490
Leon was awesome as expected, sound was awesome. Miller was too random, saw rank1 for 15 minutes and just couldn't be bothered.

Fun night besides the hour wait outside since the moshtix system went down.
optical
flippy +

Times thanked
< 285

Quote:

Originally Posted by narcism View Post

Think you are missing the point, this used to be the peak time for the headliners to play.

Ahhhhhh themz was the days!

Smokefilled Two Tribes arena dancefloors with Signum somewhere up the front of the haze, and zombie-like silouhettes of ravers rockin out sideways at 5am when his set kicked off with 138 techtrance

Jed - Prog/Tech/Trance

GIGS'n'SHIT
09/05_TRANCE NATION

Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84

Quote:

Originally Posted by narcism View Post

No I think you miss my point, if the set times were released I would've have got there later and been more likely to stick around. They didn't put them up anywhere, when the tickets say 10pm and a main act isn't till 4 that's 6 hours. If you are going to do that at least let us know the times so we can get there later if we want too.
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
< 431

Quote:

when the tickets say 10pm and a main act isn't till 4 that's 6 hours.

I'm sorry, but...

Quote:

Kids these days are soft.

barbsy +

Times thanked
< 66
Get better drugs next time.
narcism +

faithless fangirl

Times thanked
< 586

Quote:

No I think you miss my point, if the set times were released I would've have got there later and been more likely to stick around. They didn't put them up anywhere, when the tickets say 10pm and a main act isn't till 4 that's 6 hours. If you are going to do that at least let us know the times so we can get there later if we want too.

How about you cry some more!

Quote:

Tonche +

Times thanked
< 1
Thought everything could easily have moved forward an hour and would have had Jochen playing his party stuff first, then Rank 1, then Leon smashing out the closing set.

Still, good night overall.
puretrance89 +

Times thanked
< 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MongooseFiend View Post

I'm sorry, but...

ey not all of us are haha! jolz is my witness.

stop crying chris and come to JOOF this friday!

2009, godskitchen, 5am JOOF came on and showed me what real trance is. i have never looked back!
mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 254
fuaaaark that gods was massive. i remember me and my mate after doing parklife (sydney) and we were like zombies at 5am. so many people piked out. true fans left. so so big. when he played knights of cydonia. shit was lost.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »