Times thanked
< 12,691
Downloaded that on Live last night.

Fuck GTAV, all about the Payne Train!
RitaChanita +

Times thanked
< 7
GTA Footscray.

Pretty much like all the other GTA games.
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,359
Pre-orders available...That's got to be some type of record in Australia for a pre-order opening up.

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/grand-theft-auto-v/
For more information on this post, visit kotaku.com.au/tags/grand-theft-auto-v/
Chippie +

dm6

Times thanked
< 1,401
Duke Nukem Forever pre orders win this battle easily.
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,359
Did that ever happen in Australia though?
I've never seen a pre-order open up with so little to go on.

Putting down my deposit on the PS4 JRod Edition this afternoon then.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 12,691

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitey1981 View Post

Putting down my deposit on the PS4 JRod Edition this afternoon then.

Chippie +

dm6

Times thanked
< 1,401
There was duke nukem pre orders for versions that never made it close to release, but this is pretty ridiculous too.
SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
< 114
the local jbhifi has gtav listed on their release board for 26th april
earlier than i expected

and considering i cant find anything on the net, i wonder if jb have done a naughty making it known
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 16,733
Can't find any mention of it on gaf or reddit. Could be a bit of a scoop. What's the release board? Can you get a pic or something?
Chippie +

dm6

Times thanked
< 1,401
The neck beard at the local JB hi-fi is trolling you
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,516
There's neckbeards at your JB? All I get is teenage girls and hipster douchebags. P337 can back me up on this one.
SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
< 114
pretty sure one of the games dudes there does in fact have a beardy neck. he's easy to pick out amongst the hipsters.

dont intend on heading over there anytime in the near future but if i do ill take a snap. probably shouldve thought to when i saw it, however I was locked in a singleminded trance to hurry the fuck home to play arkham city (ohmygodholyshitwhatagame)
SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
< 114
oh and they also listed max payne as may 25 (has this been announced yet?)
Chippie +

dm6

Times thanked
< 1,401
Rockstar have only stated March 2012 is the release data for Max Payne 3 but no date has been set yet. I think we are learning a valuable lesson that JB Hi-Fi is full of shit

Source - http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/
SirDrBenny +

Times thanked
< 114
and here i was thinking all along they were the all-seeing all-knowing gurus of the multimedia universe

but srsly whats the point of putting up a release date if its not true?
does beardyman sink beers with his mates after work and say "aww yea man i musta totally pwned a shittonne of stupid customers today with my lol-tastic fake gtav release date. suckers"
Rockah +

Times thanked
< 443
There's this http://www.gamebandits.com/news/gta-...ay-2012-27984/ - but it suggests May
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,359
I would be highly suprised if Rockstar release their two key titles for 2012 so closely together.
Chippie +

dm6

Times thanked
< 1,401
And without any media coverage beforehand
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,516
Media coverage? For GTA? They could advertise it on release day only and it would still outsell everything.

Last edited by Fledz: 04-Jan-12 at 09:53am

Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,359
Right.
jarrardscott +

The Digital Prophet

Times thanked
< 4,574

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitey1981 View Post

I would be highly suprised if Rockstar release their two key titles for 2012 so closely together.

wouldnt surprise me. theyre totally different games. i'd imagine different departments too. could give them a massive boost in funds to work on their next game. who knows.

so is GTA5 using a new engine btw?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

Media coverage? For GTA? They could advertise it on release day only and it would still outsell everything.

you know, i was thinking, why the hell does BDO advertise so much when they sell out on first day of release every year. seems like a waste of money.
http://soundcloud.com/jarrardscott
Rockah +

Times thanked
< 443

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

you know, i was thinking, why the hell does BDO advertise so much when they sell out on first day of release every year. seems like a waste of money.

Off topic, but the head of BDO said himself the festivals are dying, and the whole reason for Kanye and whoever else it was not playing the Perth and SA gigs were because they couldn't sell enough tickets, so had to change venue.
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Times thanked
< 2,359

Quote:

wouldnt surprise me. theyre totally different games. i'd imagine different departments too. could give them a massive boost in funds to work on their next game. who knows.

Activision would not release CODMW5 a month or 2 after CODMW4, would they? It's a similar way of thinking.

Correct, the games aren't the same titles, but they utilise the same marketing/pr/sales/logisitcs teams that would release both titles. It's well documented that Rock Star depend heavily on the GTA franchise, and you've mentioned it too, so I don't think they would release it so closely to another flagship title so as to canabalise each other's sales and not give it their full marketing and pr support.

That's my take on it anyway.

It will be interesting though to see what date they end up with releasing this year, they would more than likely want to avoid the yearly COD release which is towards the end of the year, so I reckon about July/August.

Last edited by Whitey1981: 04-Jan-12 at 11:13am

Chippie +

dm6

Times thanked
< 1,401

Quote:

so is GTA5 using a new engine btw?

Both games are published by Rockstar but developed by different studios. Releasing them at the same time is a stupid idea as it forces some consumers to choose one game over the another. If you split your releases you have a chance of getting that same person to buy both of your games. I think Whitey is right, I predict an august/september release or march 2013.

They haven't leaked anything on the engine but the video looks the same as RAGE which has been used for GTA4, Red dead redemption and Max Payne 3
jramsden04 +

Bangaranging

Times thanked
< 0
Just another instant buy 'just coz i played the others'.

Which i will be purchasing at some stage.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,516
http://www.examiner.com/playstation-...kstar-employee

Quote:

Hello!

I am a friend of someone who recently got sacked from RockStar North for general misconduct. Because one contract to RockStar covered everything, including secrecy, and his contractual obligaton was now removed, he was legally allowed to spill the beans on Rockstar's upcoming GTA V. And he is making damn sure everyone knows about it.

Here is the info you really want:

1. The protagonist will be one character, and one character alone. His name is (as some rumours said) Albert De Silva. He's a half hispanic man who was once part of a crime family in Vice City. He decided to settle down and have kids in Los Santos. He has one son called Kevin De Silva who is your stereotypical CoD player. He's lazy, useless and shouts racial abuse online and is really into FPS games. Kevin does admire his Dad though.

2. Multiplayer will hold 32 people on the Xbox and PS3. I wasn't told how many were able to be on the PC. Just like in RDR, players will be able to form Gangs. These gangs are not ranked through XP anymore, but via Reputation. Instead of gang hideouts, you can do jobs that range from robbing a launderette to breaking into a military base and stealing state-of-the-art weaponary. The Gang leader has much more control over his or her gang by being able to rank members of their gang and setting more specific objectives to specific members of their gang. Gangs can have their own terratory but this only applies to areas inside the city of Los Santos.

3. The map is about 5x as large as the GTA IV map and the City of Los Santos takes up just under half of this area (so it's a bit bigger than 2 GTA IV Liberty Cities).

4. The map is (like most GTAs) seperated into three different sections. 4. Planes are flyable, they range from World War 2 fighter planes to Private Jets.

5. Cars and guns are customisable to an extent, for example, you can cusomise a gun to have a supressor on it and you can install nitrous into cars.

Here's some stuff you might like:

1. The protagonist is the "rich guy" from the GTA V debut trailer. You get to learn more about this man in the second when he talks about his troubles. You only see the protagonist twice in the trailer. First time is the side of his face and second time is when he is driving a Deceptor (Audi R. The people robbing the jewellery store are just with the protagonist. He is driving the van ready to get away.

2. Gunfights are more realistic. When you are shooting a gun out of a window of a car, depending on how fast it's going you will have troubles aiming due to shaking cameras.

3. The game is due in May 2013. A more specific date has not been decided because the game is still needing 6 months to be fully developed. They will have a playable demo at E3.

4. Police chases are now way more than either running or driving. Depending on how wanted you are, police may bring out riot shields and flash bangs.

5. When someone reaches 4 star wanted level, there will be a radio warning on some stations.

6. Radio stations now do traffic reports that are actually correct. So if you don't know what route to take, you can check the traffic reports on your phone or the radio.

7. The in-game TV now has many more channels

8. The protagonist DOES NOT die unlike in the last two Rockstar games.

9. The underworld actually has a working economy that you can contribute too by buying and selling drugs, weapons and illegal cars in single player.

10. The protagonist can take drugs which will have some effects. But smoking weed on the streetwalk will lead to getting a one star wanted level.

11. Police cars will go after you if you're obviousely breaking the speed limit. Having high speed crashes will also damage your health.

Wanted levels:

1 star - police follow you on foot and try to make an arrest. No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding).

2 star - police will still attempt to make an arrest. If a weapon is drawn then the police will begin opening fire. Police will use stun guns if a weapon is not drawn.

3 star - Chases begin and the police don't care how they stop you, they just want to do it.

4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.

5 star - shoot to kill, arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

6 star - military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

Chippie +

dm6

Times thanked
< 1,401
All fake likely. Companies like Rockstar have all their employee's signing NDA's for every title..

Quote:

guessing im really slow on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

It's called being a tradie, dickhead.

Eh... my gay friend that works in IT recommended them to me

ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 12,691
That's a shame because it all sounds really groundbreaking and fresh for a GTA title
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 8,879
bring back GOURANGAs & shit. Make GTA fun again being able to mow people down in the street at your leisure
Mickstah +

"Science needs to be applied to beds"

Times thanked
< 3,396
Shit yeah! I busted out GTA2 the other night and found myself playing it for hours thinking “fuck yeah, this is what GTA is all about!”
ಥ_ಥ - - - - - - - - - - - -ಠ_

"She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable."
Dean Learner
Trase Love:
O Mick you are so cool
More cooler than a dolphin
Let's hug me

Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,516

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chippie View Post

All fake likely. Companies like Rockstar have all their employee's signing NDA's for every title..

I wouldn't say all. There was stuff like this that popped up for both San Andreas and GTA4, yet a bunch of it was almost spot on. Take it all with a grain of salt but I wouldn't be surprised if some of it is accurate.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,516
http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/07/1...-dead-2-update

Chippie +

dm6

Times thanked
< 1,401
That second screenshot. I need GTA5 in my life now

Quote:

Quote:

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,991
that second shot!
soundcloud
mixcloud
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 12,691
Couldn't give a fuck how shiny it is if it plays the same.

Very pretty though, I agree.
Bism +

hurrr

Times thanked
< 17,688
There's a dragon, ON THE BLAAADE!
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,516
It's Rockstar. There is no way possible that I won't love this game.
Conor- +

Incorrectly using the semi colon; since 1996

Times thanked
< 1,396
^+1

When's it expected to be released?
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,516
Q4 this year I think it was, like October or something.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

Times thanked
< 3,607
fuck why are all the good games not coming out for months
Charger +

No.

Times thanked
< 932
I hope they fix their shitty checkpoint system.
Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Times thanked
< 1,968

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

Q4 this year I think it was, like October or something.

i guess I should hurry up and finish IV before October.
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,396
I have dislike Rockstar's graphics until RDR. I'm going to be a fan of this (because evidently the only thing that matter is how pretty it is).
Conor- +

Incorrectly using the semi colon; since 1996

Times thanked
< 1,396
Yeah, gotta finish IV to make V look even better...
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 12,691

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charger View Post

I hope they fix their shitty checkpoint system.

I hope they fix their shitty mission system.
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,396
I hope they fix the shitty characters from the last one.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,516
Fuck all you haters.
legless +

MaryLewd

Times thanked
< 1,088
Shitty characters from GTA4? Trollo?
I thought the characters in GTA4 were the best written characters in a game ever.
I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women, and breakfast food.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,516
Maybe not ever but they were quite good. I actually understood what they were saying in Serbian as well which half the time was an absolute crack up. It's a real shame that so many people missed out on those snippets.
Chippie +

dm6

Times thanked
< 1,401
GTA4 DLC has the best character ever, Yusif.

Media Player
Grand Theft Auto Ballad Of Gay Tony Arab Money - YouTube

Quote:

Quote:

« Previous Thread Next Thread »