Sport and Fitness

AFL season 2012

Closed thread
  Tools
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,372
I have a $5er on eagles swans draw Jimmy.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Fuck I didn't realise Josh Hill is out as well. Jack Darling and Cox are our forward line

This will be a super win if we get the chocolates

Edit: Recon Fraser McInnes might get his debut. Tom Swift is useless
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,865
Am tipping North to knock off the Blues.

One good match doesnt make a season, and I think North are in good enough form to nick it.

If the Blues win, you would say they are back on the march towards September.

I am very concerned about the Bombers. We are lucky we have a lot of depth when it comes to KPP, but I am not sure we have enough depth to cover hurley, ryder and crameri.

Need to play Hille and Gumbleton together up front, and have jetta and davey buzing around their feet.

Might be worth using Carlisle as a pinch hitting forward, or Hardingham, given his proficiency in the air.

Was surprised they didnt bring Pears in.
"My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence"

#BRTG
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanBuurenisGod View Post

Am tipping North to knock off the Blues.

One good match doesnt make a season, and I think North are in good enough form to nick it.

If the Blues win, you would say they are back on the march towards September.

I am very concerned about the Bombers. We are lucky we have a lot of depth when it comes to KPP, but I am not sure we have enough depth to cover hurley, ryder and crameri.

Need to play Hille and Gumbleton together up front, and have jetta and davey buzing around their feet.

Might be worth using Carlisle as a pinch hitting forward, or Hardingham, given his proficiency in the air.

Was surprised they didnt bring Pears in.

Interesting to see what gumby does.

Get him in form and you guys are definite premiership contenders

......next year
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,865
yeah we would have a rather stacked forward line if gumby could string together 20 games
"My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence"

#BRTG
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,543

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post

Interesting to see what gumby does.

Get him in form and you guys are definite premiership contenders

......next year

We don't even know what in form gumby means because he's never played. Could be more Hansen than Hurley.. Hird said last night they were basically having to teach him to play footy again because the game had changed that much in the time he'd been out....

The great white whale
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,543
Next two games are mini-finals for us... Simpson out is a huge blow...
Aydo +

play from your fucking heart

Times thanked
< 43
that was filthy by judd
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,865
As suspected, North currently the better side.
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,336
I don't understand how Carlton get flogged every week. Their players aren't out of form, they have a solid game plan yet they just get smashed. Makes no sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

I think you obviously dont understand what i'm trying to say.

Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,662
Not trying to make excuses, and I love to see them get smashed, but they are coming off a big, emotional win last weekend.

And north are outplaying them all over the ground.
Bergs +

Ya mum

Times thanked
< 1,438

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aydo View Post

that was filthy by judd

Seconded.
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 120
Carlton suck. And I am loving it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carte Blanche

Hardstyle isn't music. It's not anything, except perhaps complete garbage. It should really be discussed in the lifestyle forum, as in "I'm leading a lifestyle devoid of taste" or perhaps the food forum "I consume far too many drugs for my own good".

djpractice +

Times thanked
< 96
So many passengers at Carlton. You know you're team is fucked when your 2nd best player is Brock McLean!!!!!!!
Practice - Playing weird shit since 2004
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,543

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanBuurenisGod View Post

As suspected, North currently the better side.

I dunno, I I thought North were the better side for about 1/4 of the actual contest. Sure they ran away with it once it was over but when the game was in dispute, we largely had them covered. Unfortunately we had no key forwards and kicked terribly while they kicked 19.2 to 3/4 time or something ridiculous.

Fuck we need a key forward desperately.

Last edited by Anselm: 13-Jul-12 at 11:39pm

Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,285
Big Up North!

It's actually good to see the AFL is not as predictable as the past 50 seasons with alot more upsets than usual.

Shame that the majority of the games are still so one sided & predictable but.

Fair play it's good to see the AFL slowly getting there.

Big Up!
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,865

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anselm View Post

North were the better side for about 1/4 of the actual contest. Sure they ran away with it once it was over but when the game was in dispute, we largely had them covered.

mate, if you had them covered, you wouldn't have lost by 9 goals.

North scored 150 points.

I agree you don't have any forwards, but your defense isn't any good either.
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,543
North kicked 25.5! That unheard of.... And Petrie had a field say because we kept having to throw all the backs forward to try kick some goals, particularly once Walker went off early.... That's why you kept seeing Gibbs and Yarran one out with tall forwards in the square.

I am completely comfortable with Henderson, Jamo and Laidler as our key backs... Laidler being out has killed us too.

North only had 3 more scoring shots than us... And if you take out the umps gifting them the first 2 of the game, its even closer.

I'm the first person to admit when we've been dusted but I don't think North were much better than us... Inaccuracy and injuries murdered us.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
I didn't see the same, but the stats look all carlton so they couldnt have been that bad. Theres a lot to say with accuracy in footy this year. Hardly any team dominates for an entire game so scoreboard pressure is important.
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,543
Kicking was woeful... And we literally had no one to kick to going forward once Walker went off... Nick Duigan was playing ff... And every time we flicked Hendo forward, Petrie would start to hulk out so he had to go back.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,662

Quote:

Kicking was woeful... And we literally had no one to kick to going forward once Walker went off... Nick Duigan was playing ff... And every time we flicked Hendo forward, Petrie would start to hulk out so he had to go back.

Yeah I didn't think your lot were that bad and North's kicking was pretty phenomenal though a lot of their marks inside 50 were taken in good positions which is just bad defensive pressure from Carlton.

To get within 18 in the 3rd, with all the momentum, and to get run over was poor but the Blues had no rotations due to in-game injuries, it was hardly surprising they fell away. Still I think the Blues should have tried slowing the game down for a bit when they got close, easier said than done I know, but the defensive pressure was pretty lax by Carlton for most of the night.

Ratts is gonna have another shitty week that's for sure. Although if there isn't some leeway given from supporters et. al. due to the injuries and some extraordinary straight kicking by the Roos then they need to have a fair look at themselves. No doubt Sellers will be having a go at Ratts on AFL360 but I think he'd do better showing restraint.

Last edited by Geezah: 14-Jul-12 at 04:03pm

Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,543
I know what you mean but with no marking targets, slowing it down would have made it very hard to score... And we were chasing the game at that point.

I'm 50/50 on Ratts. He was hamstrung by personnel issues last night and he showed what he can do last week. But the other loses this year don't look good for him... I hope they don't sack him for some young assistant coach but if a Roos or Malthouse became available, I'd pack Ratts bags myself.

Last edited by Anselm: 14-Jul-12 at 02:23pm

Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,662
Maric a late out.
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,865
Unsurprisingly Bombers away strip looks ten times better with white shorts, as I suggested it would last week.
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,865
Wow, 2 very soft free kicks for ports last two goals.

Urgh!
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,662
C'mon port and Melbourne.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,662

Quote:

1. I know what you mean but with no marking targets, slowing it down would have made it very hard to score... And we were chasing the game at that point.

2. I'm 50/50 on Ratts. He was hamstrung by personnel issues last night and he showed what he can do last week. But the other loses this year don't look good for him... I hope they don't sack him for some young assistant coach but if a Roos or Malthouse became available, I'd pack Ratts bags myself.

1. Oh yeah, no doubt your forward options fucked your chances but once you got to within 18, 5 minutes of tough contested footy might've allowed you to surge again. Even when the Roos went back to being 4 kicks ahead this tactic might've been worth a try even with the non-existent forward line Carlton had. Easier said than done of course when the Roos were playing well.

2. I'm not sure Roos or Malthouse would have changed the Blues fortunes that much this year with the injuries they had. They are mos def proven coaches though. I guess it depends on how you finish this season but I think both Roos and Malthouse could wait another year. I suspect Roosy has a pretty tight contract with both Foxtel and the Swans academy too: he's also said he definitely won't be coaching next year and I think that is the most likely outcome (plus he'd be reluctant to move his kids at this stage, they'd only be a few years from finishing high-school innit).

Ratts has shown he can coach. This is only his 5th full season as head AFL coach. Roos and Sheedy (Malthouse took a while) were pretty successful relatively early in their coaching careers but Ratts came in at the tail end of a pretty dismal 5 years with the club in disarray. I think it would be pretty rough for Carlton to not let him see out his contract. I like his honesty too; he doesn't talk bullshit and he doesn't cop it either.

Oh, and Garlett has to be going to the magoos doesn't he: total liability at the moment.
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,662

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro-Boy View Post

C'mon port and Melbourne.

Put the mockers on both of them.
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,865
Getting some percentage back now. This is going to be a very good win.

Happy to see gumby score some goals. Jett's and Davey very good, Hille and the Bell end have stood up.

I don't see the hype around Boak. Poor decision making imo
Blue Moon +

Sick ****el

Times thanked
< 308
Dog act from Judd. What the fuck was he thinking?
http://soundcloud.com/blue-tune
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,336
Why is it a dog act? I think it was a silly act, I don't see what is dog or scummy about it.
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,865
Go khunt!
Pub-God +

Times thanked
< 2
That was so fucking awesome!!!

Well done Hunt!!!
Bergs +

Ya mum

Times thanked
< 1,438
Fuck yeah Khunt!!
Pancho +

boom.

Times thanked
< 189
Fuck yeah KHunt ! Well done !

Quote:

Originally Posted by write my name

No offense brain surgeon - but what hard facts do you have that cousins has ever done a drug?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anselm

Pies genuinely no good this year

Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,285
Queenslander!
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Wtf are Richmond thinking? They'll be out of the running for 9th if they're not careful
THEHEATH +

ACCESS DENIED.

Times thanked
< 1,133
Selwood you dirty cheating rat fuck.
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,865

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Why is it a dog act? I think it was a silly act, I don't see what is dog or scummy about it.

Lol, perhaps cos he bent his arm backwards?
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,865
Cracking game at the GABBA
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,336
Cloke is not worth a million, not by a long shot.

Quote:

Quote:

VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,865
He certainly isn't.

Is a good contested mark, but far too inaccurate, too inconsistent, and has only had one or two quality years.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,336
Really over them calling him "The best power forward in the league", that's just crap. Spewing I put him in my SC team as well. Just keeps dropping in value.

Quote:

Quote:

mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 254
yeah have said for a while he's over-rated. commentators harping on about how he's so strong in contested marks but in the end, he's a forward, his job is to kick goals. and he's farking rubbish at that.
djpractice +

Times thanked
< 96
which is the bigger spud, Dawes or Cloke, (Or Hawkins)???

Great to see the Cats lose, hope they miss the finals this year to bring their inflated heads back to earth!!
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,543
Harsh... Cloke is having a bad year but is a gun. I think Dawes is being found out though...
debaser86 +

Times thanked
< 452

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEHEATH View Post

Selwood you dirty cheating rat fuck.

Will hear no bad words against selwood.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Cloke is still the number 1 contested mark in the game. Collingwood play him way out of position imo. Closer to goals ffs
sneaky hands +

green

Times thanked
< 56
i agree. cloke is a great player.
Dawes on the other hand.. im so sick of my collingwood mates telling me he's just in a bit of a form slump and he'll come good at some point. How long can this form slump go on? He's shit,
djpractice +

Times thanked
< 96
posting for everyone to see
Media Player
YouTube

Karmichael <3 <3
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »