Brisbane and Gold Coast

This forum is dead

Page 2 of 3
  Tools
liberabit +

One of these days you'll wake up dead

Times thanked
< 2,892
i would still say the is the best forum for finding out what's happening around town (though there's nothing about the awesome gig at Coniston Ln this fri night), but yeah, not the best place to come if you want to talk crap
This is no love song and it serves no use, but if you want to sing along to some verbal abuse
It might make you feel better and it's good for the soul, take four letters and let's rock n roll
Manuss +

Times thanked
< 3
Is talking crap not the norm for a forum though? I mean when has clubbing got so serious that you are not allowed a certain amount of crap talk. After its all the chit chat that will give a better sense of community rather than just a list of events.
quantum8 +

\0/

Times thanked
< 1,291
ITM overlords decided idle chitchat in city subforums should be left to "nothing" threads and only praise for the gig/artist allowed in the thread.

Other than that everyone went over to facebook.
Funky Resonations - 8pm (GMT+10) Every 2nd Tuesday on www.boost.fm

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberabit View Post

yep, I've had a few people do me from behind while I've only done one

Manuss +

Times thanked
< 3
Seems a bit strange. The forums I was part of back home always allowed the shit talk from the weekend etc. At the end of the day people were making friends off the forum, seeing them at gigs, partying, creating ties/friendships and therefore spilled over onto the forum which created a community. Should it not change?, it is clear from were I am standing (an outsider) that since this came in it has had a negative effect on traffic and peoples perception of the forum?
justbecause +

Times thanked
< 18
^ It should definitely change. I've managed to put a few ITM names to faces.
liberabit +

Times thanked
< 2,892
for a while there (way back when) I'd have trouble not meeting someone new from ITM, met one or two, then they'd introduce you to another... but had thought a while ago it's been years since that's happened. I know there was at least 1 ITMer where I was fri night that I haven't met, and hell, I may have even chatted to them but no-one mentions it anymore.
This is no love song and it serves no use, but if you want to sing along to some verbal abuse
It might make you feel better and it's good for the soul, take four letters and let's rock n roll
justbecause +

Times thanked
< 18
Are you going to be at Soma Saturday night?
liberabit +

Times thanked
< 2,892
will depend on how i'm feeling after fri night
Manuss +

Times thanked
< 3
Seems like maybe being more lenient, now that the traffic is slowing down is what the place needs. Better some chat than none.
sounds_echoed +

stasis is death. see you on the other side.

Times thanked
< 318
I think all the forum mods of this Brisbane section are currently overseas in Europe and don't frequent it as much cos they're too busy partying and having fun so you may be able to get away with it...?! Give it a shot...
richcur +

Peanuts

Times thanked
< 151
Hello?
plan-b +

I found the Treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid user title

Times thanked
< 643
Anyone?

China?

Flanders!
the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

Times thanked
< 317

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuss View Post

Seems a bit strange. The forums I was part of back home always allowed the shit talk from the weekend etc. At the end of the day people were making friends off the forum, seeing them at gigs, partying, creating ties/friendships and therefore spilled over onto the forum which created a community. Should it not change?, it is clear from were I am standing (an outsider) that since this came in it has had a negative effect on traffic and peoples perception of the forum?

exactly my thoughts and once upon a time thats exactly how it was, more a close knit community than a bunch of promoters hocking their wares. but the problem isnt just with the forum, you still need ppl to participate and since pretty much every topic has already been covered over the years (right down to whats the best material to use to black out your windows) theres not much to talk about. plus like i said, the new gen operate in a max of 140 characters so thats hardly enough for any kind of substantial shit talking or discussion.
>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase
quantum8 +

\0/

Times thanked
< 1,291

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_pezman View Post

exactly my thoughts and once upon a time thats exactly how it was, more a close knit community than a bunch of promoters hocking their wares. but the problem isnt just wit

can you spilt your tweet up? i think you hit some sort of limit.

Quote:

Manuss +

Times thanked
< 3
What is the best material to black out your windows? lol There is always something to talk about in an ever evolving scene and I am so interested in over here because I have just newly landed. If you were allowed to talk about more stuff rather than strictly clubbing that would be better. We are not that anti-social geeks that we can not even generate conversation from behind a computer screen! lol More traffic is needed, it must be that simple. Did this website ever do there own events?
Funkedub +

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."

Times thanked
< 3,944

Quote:

Did this website ever do there own events?

Why yes ... yes it did.

Curiously enough, the forum traffic and social camaraderie took a dive about the same time such events waned away.

This thread about the Smirnoff party highlights the shennanigans once had in these parts ...

Can anyone can dig up the photos from this or other infamous Smirnoff parties??

I think the introduction of set times at the BBQ was the death knell for ITM forum PLUR

see here : http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=239958
For all of your musical needs*

funkedub dot com

*musical needs most likely not met

Last edited by Funkedub: 17-Jul-12 at 12:52pm

liberabit +

Times thanked
< 2,892
was that the bbq when I took out some random with a tennins ball to the face while we were playing cricket? i think that also the last time I played twister
richcur +

Peanuts

Times thanked
< 151

Quote:

If you were allowed to talk about more stuff rather than strictly clubbing that would be better?

You aren't restricted to talking strictly about clubbing, the line generally gets drawn however when users congest threads with random chit chat about their Uni timetable conflicting with the business hours of their favourite kebab kiosk etc
the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

Times thanked
< 317

Quote:

Originally Posted by quantum8 View Post

can you spilt your tweet up? i think you hit some sort of limit.

dont know, i dont use twitter :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuss

Did this website ever do there own events?

we certainly did and theyre still some of the best events ive ever been too. itm parties were quite renowned for being blinders, that was back when smirnoff dished out the free booze like it was use by yesterday. (tho i swear those blacks were past due) ppl wanted to get out meet to new similar minded ppl which is why i always enjoyed organising the (earlier) bbqs and festival meet ups. sure id love to see some of the life restored but that will have to be taken up by those that are frequenting the scene now as most of "us" have moved on or at the very least simply arent going out as much as we used to. i havent been to a regular club night in years and my general outtings are more "work" related than spending a whole night out.
To add to that, theres not the influx of new forums members (hasnt been for a long time) to keep the community going. even tho the forums are a small part of the site, there used to be plenty of ppl signing up for the comps then popping in to say hello and seeing who likes the same stuff as them. i dare say youre prolly the first new person in ages to become a semi regular poster, so who knows, you could be the braveheart of the next gen, youve got the heritage
(...hang on... actually i think they were scottish. oops soz my bad )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkedub View Post

Why yes ... yes it did.

Curiously enough, the forum traffic and social camaraderie took a dive about the same time such events waned away.

This thread about the Smirnoff party highlights the shennanigans once had in these parts ...

I think the introduction of set times at the BBQ was the death knell for ITM forum PLUR

ah good times! tho after the mid 2000s it was a gradual decline for all things "great" in itm land. something tells me we wont see a tech/prog night join with a dnb night with free smirnoff ever again. that was prolly one of the tamer nights, the crazier ones were where almost every photo was of guys and girls clutching their nipples in protection (and pain) from the rampant "tweaking"
come to think of it, that was still nothing on some of the rudebwoyz nights. how it came to be where girls (junglettes too!) ended up topless or in various states of undress on the pool table i have no idea! i think we had to censor some of the photos too lolol

pretty sure the photos are still accessible under a stripped back archive version of the site
yea that bbq set times debacle was a complete mess.

lol that first thread, richcur all wide eyed and innocent prior to having the heavy mod tribulations bestowed upon him
>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase
baax +

Times thanked
< 624

Quote:

Why yes ... yes it did.

6 years ago! Shit
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
quantum8 +

\0/

Times thanked
< 1,291
ahh the set times debacle...it really killed those parties!

Quote:

dont know, i dont use twitter :p

i don't either, and yet we both know about the limit

Quote:

Manuss +

Times thanked
< 3
the last event was 6 years ago? And i take it there was alot of stick about set times. Was it members off ITM playing at the event? think another event is due do you not think?
sounds_echoed +

Times thanked
< 318
i doubt it.
Manuss +

Times thanked
< 3
the enthusiasm speaks volumes on people trying to get the site back up lol. Is there any other forums more local to brisbane?
baax +

Times thanked
< 624

Quote:

Was it members off ITM playing at the event?

Yes
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
custaro +

Thirsty Critter

Times thanked
< 689

Quote:

pretty sure the photos are still accessible under a stripped back archive version of the site
yea that bbq set times debacle was a complete mess.

I tried googling / searching ITM for old photos but it appears the archives are well and truly kaput
you're in my hut now
richcur +

Peanuts

Times thanked
< 151

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicDistortion View Post

I got sick of seeing threads of events that I don't care about. It kinda turned into a promoters whorehouse. .

There is probably some statistic available relating to the people who only post recently on ITM forums to pump their own gigs/DJ sets... Probably
Rich Curtis' website & Facebook

Latitude End EP (incl Andre Sobota, Noraj Cue & Verve Rmxs) - Mar 24
Golden Wings Music "Unique" EP (incl Flipped) - May 2

Playing prog/tech LIVE on Proton Radio, 1st Tues of Month @10pm US EST
dj_killer_lamb +

Techno Slut

Times thanked
< 79

Quote:

Why yes ... yes it did.

God damn that was a loose double black night...can't stand the stuff now. I think trav has pictures somewhere, I'll ask him when he gets home.
Mixes:
RunningWithScissors +

COMMUNIST PARTY OF ITM

Times thanked
< 18,878
oh hey, someone posted a thread in brisbane

I'd be curious to see the figures on how forums traffic compares before and after that last site overhaul with this fucking ugly layout and the meaningless deletion of the old photo albums (that used to have a heading like "possibly the world's largest collection of club photos")
THE COOLEST HOBBY
quantum8 +

\0/

Times thanked
< 1,291
and with data space pretty cheap these days, how much space can they possibly save by deleting old threads

Quote:

RunningWithScissors +

COMMUNIST PARTY OF ITM

Times thanked
< 18,878
I thought with nothing threads it was more an issue of read time rather than space used; could make sense given how unreliable their servers are and how out of date ITM's vBulletin is
THE COOLEST HOBBY
sounds_echoed +

Times thanked
< 318
so many forum platforms out there, what is the best?
Fuzzy Rainbow +

OMG are you serious?

Times thanked
< 1,899
didn't you hear? the forums been revived to new heights.
Funkedub +

Times thanked
< 3,944
Nah ... they haven't ... they've become a mere shadow of their former joviality and conviviality.

funkedub dot com

Fuzzy Rainbow +

OMG are you serious?

Times thanked
< 1,899
then help it to be rejuvenated. tell your friends. tell the world.

yeah, tell becy.

lol
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,281
I will leave this up to others to sort out but I think all of these are from around 01 to 04 or there abouts.

Back when brizzy itm was very strong with being an ITM crew

ITM BBQ!

ITM MEET UP FUNKFEST!

Fucks me when it was but thats pez's fist in my face.

Systo 6!

My very first ITM meet up, 2002 at Ultra Sonic, I think pez was the man behind the camera.
Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.
beebop +

lol

Times thanked
< 135
wow!! old school, what a motley crew

itm was such a good way to made friends, its a shame its not like that anymore, i always like meeting new people and that doesn't even really happen through going out these days.
some dance to remember, some dance to forget
richcur +

Peanuts

Times thanked
< 151
beebop you're a ranga!
Rich Curtis' website & Facebook

Latitude End EP (incl Andre Sobota, Noraj Cue & Verve Rmxs) - Mar 24
Golden Wings Music "Unique" EP (incl Flipped) - May 2

Playing prog/tech LIVE on Proton Radio, 1st Tues of Month @10pm US EST
the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

Times thanked
< 317
spot on bee, it was a time when ppl actually wanted to make new friends

ah those photos bring back some found yet blurry memories!

i still have that banner some where lol oh if only it could talk
vaguely remember the second photo (lol funkfest didnt actually have funk), cant remember the third tho! but that was around the time i spent most of my time drinking myself silly with elysium and lilfox. such bad influences :p

i like that last shot, does look like one ive taken, its back when pixiejess was a raver and didnt care about fringes, sweat or being really really good looking :p lol and jesus4c what a legend, he must me like 60 now

thread needs to be renamed, "itm alumni thread" - members from '01-04 only lol
>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase
CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
< 1,386
Carte Blanche didn't even say goodbye
Hydra +

Invid

Times thanked
< 3
I blame the Elephant & Wheelbarrow
Michael: Why do you have a diary?
Dwight: It's to keep secrets from my computer.
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,281
Found another couple ITM meet up pics amongst many, many terrible munted gurning drunk as fuck itmer's.

Pez I have some shockers of you!

Adventjah 02 or 03

Summerfield dayz 03?

I think before systo at one of the ITM regular pre-party group sex sessions.

And improvising with tape

Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.

Last edited by borrisGLOWSTICK: 26-Jan-13 at 11:55pm

beebop +

lol

Times thanked
< 135
you are right pez, no-one is interested in being friendly these days, everyone has established friendship circles. shame really...maybe itm was around at just the right time?!

yes rich, i had dyed red hair then! i look so hideous

i sometimes wonder what j4c is up to....he'd be late 40's/early 50's now.
the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

Times thanked
< 317
^not just itm, it was dance music in general, it was new and ppl werent as stubborn, elitist or touristy with it as they are today. made for alot closer community. i also think the whole facebook thing help kill it too, without facebook it was more about (slowly) getting to know ppl by conversing/pming with them, getting out to the same gigs and having a good ol chat instead of a 5min flick thru their photos and previous updates.

i dunno bee, i liked you with the red/brundette and always thought you were quite the spunk (see below)

lol boz i cant remember that 3rd one at all and im pretty sure i was sober then....
last one is on par with what i remember, us trying to prop ourselves up while stewing in a puddle of our own juices
lol @ rhumba (and trent) theyre both frickn huge meatheads now!

keeping with the theme of things, i went thru some of my back up drives on the weekend... jeezus not doing that again! an hour in and i was over it, no organisation what so ever lol wasnt surprised at the gaping whole in coverage for most nights either. thered be a few from the start, some blurry ones during, then random shots from a couch/floor angle at the end

one of my first ever outtings and meeting ppl from the *gasp* "INTERNET"
divine, put on by divinity
gettin down

tim-e - the original itm photog. shot gigs on FILM! legen....dary.

mattd - the other photog smashing it out with a canon ixus v. love your work man!

one of the first ever itm bbqs, no decks, no set times, just hand powered instruments

itm members party

lilfox gettin some lovin from stealth, i had dreams that started this way

forum perpetual underager and flame receptacle - "issues" ...tho there were allegations of name tag tampering

tctcnbn's first bday. diamond d reaching for the proverbial and literal

itm stickering. so many asses, so few stickers....

they even had a stickering competition which i so wouldve won but it was suspiciously swept under the rug along with supposed prizes
my entry...

itm xmas party

clutching nipples in defence against rampant nurpling/tweakage
>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase
beebop +

lol

Times thanked
< 135
ok we can stop posting photos (of me) on a public forum now please
baax +

Times thanked
< 624
Great work pez,
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
liberabit +

Times thanked
< 2,892

Quote:

^not just itm, it was dance music in general, it was new and ppl werent as stubborn, elitist or touristy with it as they are today. made for alot closer community

I think that's a lot more to do with it then facebook, the change from a small 'underground' scene to pretty much mainstream. A scene where there's only a few hundred people involved is going to be closer-knit than one with a few thousand.
RunningWithScissors +

COMMUNIST PARTY OF ITM

Times thanked
< 18,878

Quote:

the change from a small 'underground' scene to pretty much mainstream

could've been prevented/delayed if the site itself didn't sell the fuck out

but then where would we have got our free smirnoff
THE COOLEST HOBBY
Funkedub +

Times thanked
< 3,944
We definitely need Smirnoff party once again.

funkedub dot com

Fuzzy Rainbow +

OMG are you serious?

Times thanked
< 1,899
i like smirnoff. the blood orange mixed one is good
Page 2 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »