Sport and Fitness

Tour de France 2012

Closed thread
  Tools
ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

ladyinred's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 3,166
Posts
18,881

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aydo View Post

come on the gardener for some time gains

hope he's not this guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

ether1988 +

Registered User

Joined
Jun '08
Times thanked
< 98
Posts
589
100th tour next year isn't it? So you would think they will include plenty of the classic climbs
ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

ladyinred's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 3,166
Posts
18,881
christ. as much as i have sky as my bonus team. I'm getting annoyed by them. They are really dictating about 65% of the peloton ride so far for this tour imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

ladyinred's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 3,166
Posts
18,881
go sorensen. Gimme points!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,082
Posts
22,110
tommyyyyyyyyy

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

ladyinred's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 3,166
Posts
18,881
*shakes head* oh well evans. no luck for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

Aydo +

play from your fucking heart

Aydo's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 43
Posts
3,894
leipheimer is beating you Cadel... Levi leipheimer for gods sake
HAKS +

Cycling Central

HAKS's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 36
Posts
6,291
never thought i'd say it but i wish A Schleck and Contador were there. Need some explosive attacks to test Sky. Bit of a yawn fest atm.
H2X
Aydo +

play from your fucking heart

Aydo's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 43
Posts
3,894
wiggins is going to win the tour without ever having to get out of the wheel of a team mate (outside TT) pfffft
Aydo +

play from your fucking heart

Aydo's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 43
Posts
3,894
Go Nibbles
Blue Moon +

Sick ****el

Blue Moon's Avatar
Joined
Oct '06
Times thanked
< 308
Posts
12,036

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAKS View Post

never thought i'd say it but i wish A Schleck and Contador were there. Need some explosive attacks to test Sky. Bit of a yawn fest atm.

True. That and the sprint teams aren't pushing sky out the way to chase the breakaway's for stage wins.
http://soundcloud.com/blue-tune
ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

ladyinred's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 3,166
Posts
18,881
did i just see some wang?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

Blue Moon +

Sick ****el

Blue Moon's Avatar
Joined
Oct '06
Times thanked
< 308
Posts
12,036
Onya Tom.
http://soundcloud.com/blue-tune
ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

ladyinred's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 3,166
Posts
18,881
Solid win. It will be interesting looking forward to tomorrows racing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Fledz's Avatar
Joined
Aug '06
Times thanked
< 5,603
Posts
15,417
Why is Evans so shit after a rest day?

Solid ride from Voeckler. He's right up there with Voight and Sammy Sanchez as one of my favourite riders.
nickalaz +

Registered User

nickalaz's Avatar
Joined
Feb '08
Times thanked
< 25
Posts
318
how come you guys love voeckler so much? I can't stand him
His tongue spends far too much time outside his mouth, flailing around worse than people I see at trance events
His shorts are painfully short, the same way a girl wears bike shorts
Aaaand he spends half the time in every breakaway he's in yelling at everyone else, trying to make them do what will benefit HIM. I hate riding with people that do that.

This tour is a bit sad. Just so dull in terms of GC, and worse now that green jersey isn't a competition
Next year should be interesting. Hope somebody buys out Froome's contract, and we can see contador/andy/froome/wiggins go at it. 3 or 4 dudes who could win it, with different strengths. would make for good racing
nickalaz +

Registered User

nickalaz's Avatar
Joined
Feb '08
Times thanked
< 25
Posts
318
In other news, Sagan signs boobs:
Media Player
Peter Sagan signs boobs - YouTube

Last edited by nickalaz: 19-Jul-12 at 12:37am

dart +

marching up and down the square

dart's Avatar
Joined
Aug '01
Times thanked
< 359
Posts
3,513

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickalaz View Post

how come you guys love voeckler so much?

because the way he rides it always looks like he could totally just blow up at any minute and be done with for the day.

great to see him win! would love to see him win the polka dot jersey.
Full Frequency Wednesdays on RTR FM 92.1 ~ www.rtrfm.com.au

www.inthemix.com.au/forum ~ known troublemaker
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,082
Posts
22,110

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickalaz View Post

how come you guys love voeckler so much?

grit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

Vote Quimby +

Mr Canada

Vote Quimby's Avatar
Joined
Feb '04
Times thanked
< 2,034
Posts
8,691

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAKS View Post

never thought i'd say it but i wish A Schleck and Contador were there. Need some explosive attacks to test Sky. Bit of a yawn fest atm.

me too. boring tour. no challenges. no one pushing wiggo and Sky. where are the mountain topfinishes? next years tour better have a better course. for the 100th tour, lets have a course for excitement. not this.
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Zodiac's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
< 3,313
Posts
16,254
Voeckler is a sick ****, that's why we love him.

If he was Aussie we'd all be jumping over one another to gobble his cock.

Too bad so sad Cadel, See ya next year on your retirememnt tour.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds´╗┐ we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Zodiac's Avatar
Joined
Dec '07
Times thanked
< 3,313
Posts
16,254
WANT

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...e-77-superbike
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds´╗┐ we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
didjeridude +

Random Rhythm Generator

didjeridude's Avatar
Joined
Jan '02
Times thanked
< 482
Posts
4,424
Cadel got a stomach upset which ended his tour, the rest is a yawn fest, so here is something for y'all which is a hotter than a Lance attack on the juice....

*Warning* not suitable for work.... or your wife. Serious bike porn contained herewithin.....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...e-77-superbike



edit: f@#k you zodiac beat me to it
Reality: To be or not to be? The Adventures of Dr Shroom (and Captain Jones)
HAKS +

Cycling Central

HAKS's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 36
Posts
6,291
Cadel apparently had a stomach bug yesterday morning which didn't help. To be honest he just hasn't had it this year. Would have been better losing a bit more time yesterday so he is def no longer a threat and could be let lose in a breakaway for a stage win. 8min is prob still a bit on the risky side for Sky to let him go now.
H2X
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Fledz's Avatar
Joined
Aug '06
Times thanked
< 5,603
Posts
15,417

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vote Quimby View Post

me too. boring tour. no challenges. no one pushing wiggo and Sky. where are the mountain topfinishes? next years tour better have a better course. for the 100th tour, lets have a course for excitement. not this.

Mountain top finish is today, but don't expect any GC changes.
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

rancho's Avatar
Joined
May '05
Times thanked
< 7,082
Posts
22,110
9.5kg? fuk dat

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Fledz's Avatar
Joined
Aug '06
Times thanked
< 5,603
Posts
15,417
Imma buy that with cash.
didjeridude +

Random Rhythm Generator

didjeridude's Avatar
Joined
Jan '02
Times thanked
< 482
Posts
4,424
I hope next years tour has an ITT up Alpe d'Huez like in 2004!

....as a bonus we can compare the times to really see how much slower overall the top 10 are in a so called "cleaner" peloton.
Reality: To be or not to be? The Adventures of Dr Shroom (and Captain Jones)
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

base615's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
< 2,426
Posts
7,677
^ The rumour is that there's an ITT up Ventoux

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

base615's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
< 2,426
Posts
7,677

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aydo View Post

wiggins is going to win the tour without ever having to get out of the wheel of a team mate (outside TT) pfffft

I disagree with this, he was fighting off Nibali's attacks this morning ahead of Froome. I think he's doing what he has to but still has plenty in the tank

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

weekender +

Registered User

weekender's Avatar
Joined
May '02
Times thanked
< 524
Posts
5,629
For all the Sky haters, it's not their fault the other teams haven't got their shit together to disrupt their gameplan. It's not as if BMC, Liquigas, Radioshack or Lotto didn't know this was coming (considering the domination of Paris-Nice, Romandie and Dauphine). In many ways, Sky have hampered themselves by having Cav & Eisel as the dead weights in the mountains - plus Sivtsosv went in week one. And before anyone starts with suggestions Sky have bought a team of galacticos, BMC spent more on their squad trying to get Cuddles to repeat.


In terms of contenders, Nibali is game but doesn't appear to have the confidence to push home a hard attack (or the support) and the same can be said for Van Den Brouck.


Sky aren't winning because of the course (unlike say Lance or even big Mig), rather because they have the best riders. These misty eyed dreams of multiple mountain top finishes are fanciful, I struggle to recall a Tour where more than three stages finished at ski stations or summits.

Personally, I think it's awesome the way Sky have put the plan in practice and the meticulous system of keeping Wiggo third in line whilst the four others buzz around him and destroy the peleton with their tempo - something to behold.

(and if you want to be even more optimistic, we're not having erratic and 'remarkable' performances like Landis et al, during the dark days of 'preparing')

Allez Wiggo, allez Froomedag, allez Sky and allez Cav on Sunday night.
"Old enough to know better"
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

base615's Avatar
Joined
Jan '07
Times thanked
< 2,426
Posts
7,677
^ you left the last Vuelta off the list of reasons to suspect they'd perform

It was pretty clear they were going to dominate to be fair but I did expect a bit more of a fight

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

buffed +

Registered User

buffed's Avatar
Joined
Mar '03
Times thanked
< 172
Posts
15,144
Evans has proven that 34 is about the cut-off for being competitive in GC at the Tour de france. His legs are just too old this year and that's the difference.

The quality at the tour this year was pretty poor..........or perhaps the drug testing is starting to work and we are seeing more 'human' performances. To see good riders struggling one week into the tour was surprising, but it's confirmation that the majority of the peleton are now getting off the juice and it's reflected in the 'poor' performances we are now seeing. It's sad because no one wants to see a boring spectacle, but unfortunately, the widespread doping of previous decades gave us exciting, albeit tainted racing which clean riders can't live up to now. We want to have our cake and eat it too............
buffed +

Registered User

buffed's Avatar
Joined
Mar '03
Times thanked
< 172
Posts
15,144

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickalaz View Post

how come you guys love voeckler so much?

well he's one of the few riders, who rides with heart. Voeckler is a true racer.......he hates team radio's, the rest of the peleton hate him, he attacks whenever and wherever he wants and he doesn't put up with 'racing heirachy'.
weekender +

Registered User

weekender's Avatar
Joined
May '02
Times thanked
< 524
Posts
5,629
A maverick, some might say....
"Old enough to know better"
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

TRZA's Avatar
Joined
Oct '06
Times thanked
< 6,077
Posts
14,564

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekender View Post

For all the Sky haters, it's not their fault the other teams haven't got their shit together to disrupt their gameplan. It's not as if BMC, Liquigas, Radioshack or Lotto didn't know this was coming (considering the domination of Paris-Nice, Romandie and Dauphine). In many ways, Sky have hampered themselves by having Cav & Eisel as the dead weights in the mountains - plus Sivtsosv went in week one. And before anyone starts with suggestions Sky have bought a team of galacticos, BMC spent more on their squad trying to get Cuddles to repeat.


In terms of contenders, Nibali is game but doesn't appear to have the confidence to push home a hard attack (or the support) and the same can be said for Van Den Brouck.


Sky aren't winning because of the course (unlike say Lance or even big Mig), rather because they have the best riders. These misty eyed dreams of multiple mountain top finishes are fanciful, I struggle to recall a Tour where more than three stages finished at ski stations or summits.

Personally, I think it's awesome the way Sky have put the plan in practice and the meticulous system of keeping Wiggo third in line whilst the four others buzz around him and destroy the peleton with their tempo - something to behold.

(and if you want to be even more optimistic, we're not having erratic and 'remarkable' performances like Landis et al, during the dark days of 'preparing')

Allez Wiggo, allez Froomedag, allez Sky and allez Cav on Sunday night.

spoken like a true brit

not taking anything away from wiggins. he's certainly, somehow, become much more likeable as the race goes on. and this sky team is fucking tremendous. the fact they are 1 and 2 is suspicious epic. but i think last years race was much more exciting, when it was a bunch of beast riders trying to break each others spirits on mountain climbs and then that aussie battler larakin managed to win it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
Aydo +

play from your fucking heart

Aydo's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 43
Posts
3,894

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickalaz View Post

how come you guys love voeckler so much?

Because he rides with no radio or SRM and never gives up
Aydo +

play from your fucking heart

Aydo's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 43
Posts
3,894
Oh and also because he backhands those dickheads who run along with the bikes up the hills
buffed +

Registered User

buffed's Avatar
Joined
Mar '03
Times thanked
< 172
Posts
15,144

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZA View Post

spoken like a true brit

not taking anything away from wiggins. he's certainly, somehow, become much more likeable as the race goes on. and this sky team is fucking tremendous. the fact they are 1 and 2 is suspicious epic. but i think last years race was much more exciting, when it was a bunch of beast riders trying to break each others spirits on mountain climbs and then that aussie battler larakin managed to win it.

well contador was juiced, now that frank has been outed it also casts a shadow on Andy.

maybe this year, the frontrunners are clean and therefore, the freak efforts in the mountains are not happening
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

TranceArt's Avatar
Joined
Nov '03
Times thanked
< 92
Posts
5,597
didn't even get a request. I love this guy

I don't know whether it's coz Cadel is sucking or it's more the fact of the following:

- the Olympics
- average route
- awesome domination of one team
- bailout of numerous riders
- bigger drug cloud

this Tour has been pretty damn boring.

If Wiggins wins by his (approx.) TT advantages that's pretty lame. I wonder what will happen next year (he helps Froome or Froome bails).

Anyways, I will be there for it all next year so hoping for the Huez and a Ventoux TT to celebrate the 100 years!
weekender +

Registered User

weekender's Avatar
Joined
May '02
Times thanked
< 524
Posts
5,629

Quote:

Originally Posted by TranceArt View Post

If Wiggins wins by his (approx.) TT advantages that's pretty lame. I wonder what will happen next year (he helps Froome or Froome bails).

I'm a bit fed up about the argument that he's only won because of his TT ability. Yes, it's given him the current time advantage. But why would he seek to put time into his rivals in the mountains, when he can match them and win? And let's face it, he's not looked remotely in trouble when monitoring the others in the hills.

At the end of the day, so far and off the top of my head, he's climbed the same times as Nibali, 2 seconds less than Froome and quicker than all the other contenders. I think the lack of a yellow jersey winning a mountain stage is colouring people's opinions.

Anyway, it's also shaping to be a good Tour for Australia, insofar as Rogers and Porte will likely be supporting the winner.

The circket starts tonight, so it'll be a channel switching fiesta at chez Weekend.
"Old enough to know better"
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Jimmy B's Avatar
Joined
Jul '05
Times thanked
< 158
Posts
11,075
Fair play to Wiggins, he can only beat whats been put in front of him. Its been his year and he deserves the honour. The TT advantage is a bit of a cop out imo. He looks to have beaten everyone fair and square and Im sure the french wouldn't have made a tour for just him to win

Cadel has been a bit disappointing, but considering his effort last year (ie. chasing ****s down when nobody helping him etc), he's still a fucking awesome rider. Although he can be a little preachy at times (as has wiggins at times...why can't everyone be like Jens Voight!).
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cellsů you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
buffed +

Registered User

buffed's Avatar
Joined
Mar '03
Times thanked
< 172
Posts
15,144
there is a certain romance with the mountains, but the winner of the tour has to be a balanced rider.......good at climbing, good at TT and good on the flat and descending. Brad Wiggins is the most balanced rider in the tour this year and the strongest. The most balanced rider always wins the tour (except perhaps carlos sastre) but evans wasn't mentally tough enough to win that year.
dart +

marching up and down the square

dart's Avatar
Joined
Aug '01
Times thanked
< 359
Posts
3,513

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post

Fair play to Wiggins, he can only beat whats been put in front of him. Its been his year and he deserves the honour. The TT advantage is a bit of a cop out imo. He looks to have beaten everyone fair and square and Im sure the french wouldn't have made a tour for just him to win.

i don't think they expected him to be so much better at time trialling than everyone else, or cadel to be so far off the pace in the ITT (compared to wiggins).

and don't forget that when they put the course together they probably expected the main contenders to also include contador and schleck, with those two in the race it would have really evened up the course.

they would be hurting the likes of evans and wiggins in the mountains, while evans and wiggins would have their chance to make up time in the ITT.

but without those two the course has been pacified, reducing it to an ITT battle.

oh well, still another mountain stage to enjoy today, port de bales my first HC :swoon: plus the peyrosourde, which isn't all that hard to be honest.

looking forward to seeing a breakaway win. pierre rolland maybe. .

or maybe someone from the budget teams we have hardly seen, like Saur-Sojasun, AG2R, Cofidis or BMC.
Full Frequency Wednesdays on RTR FM 92.1 ~ www.rtrfm.com.au

www.inthemix.com.au/forum ~ known troublemaker
dart +

marching up and down the square

dart's Avatar
Joined
Aug '01
Times thanked
< 359
Posts
3,513
oh and GreenEdge, love to see them figure in a mountain stage.
Full Frequency Wednesdays on RTR FM 92.1 ~ www.rtrfm.com.au

www.inthemix.com.au/forum ~ known troublemaker
TranceArt +

Top 5 .....

TranceArt's Avatar
Joined
Nov '03
Times thanked
< 92
Posts
5,597

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekender View Post

I'm a bit fed up about the argument that he's only won because of his TT ability. Yes, it's given him the current time advantage. But why would he seek to put time into his rivals in the mountains, when he can match them and win? And let's face it, he's not looked remotely in trouble when monitoring the others in the hills.

fair enough, this year's schedule is more than playing to his strengths which I guess is all he needs to sit on.

guess we haven't seen a team this strong in a while. All playing their roles perfectly and many still hanging around at the latter parts of each mountain stage. Well done to Sky for training them up this well.

I know it doesn't happen every Tour but I much prefer see 4-5 team leaders being the only ones left battling it up the climbs with less than 20kms to go

Prologue and one individual TT for all remaining TDFs though please!
didjeridude +

Random Rhythm Generator

didjeridude's Avatar
Joined
Jan '02
Times thanked
< 482
Posts
4,424
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet in here, but I think it is kinda cool that GreenEdge, a team which is based on trying to win the sprinters green jersey at this years tour, is sponsored by Orica.... an explosives manufacturer!!

Matty Goss has explosive power... GreenEdge is dynamite man.... they're gonna hit this tour with a bang!!

yeah yeah you get the picture
Reality: To be or not to be? The Adventures of Dr Shroom (and Captain Jones)
ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

ladyinred's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 3,166
Posts
18,881
whooo!! nibali in the front group ahead of wiggins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

ladyinred's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 3,166
Posts
18,881
oh boo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

HAKS +

Cycling Central

HAKS's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 36
Posts
6,291
they were never going to let him stay away. Wishful thinking
H2X
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts