Sport and Fitness

NFL 2012: Brady could do with Manning up a bit.

Closed thread
  Tools
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Least he wasn't one of the two cvnts shot.

Btw, kids got steez

Media Player
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2alxq...eature=related

2011-2012 season review.
You heard it here first - Luck & RG3 are going to be duds.
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,292
I dont need a video to tell me about the 2011-2012 season where

Spoiler:
Wes Welker fucked the Patriots
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
But it's awesome reliving it
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
Its really not.

What makes it even worse is that Eli has more SB rings than Peyton. That's fucked up.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Gamepass is available
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 120

Quote:

Originally Posted by moskate View Post

Gamepass is available

Was just about to post saying the same thing. Signed up just now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carte Blanche

Hardstyle isn't music. It's not anything, except perhaps complete garbage. It should really be discussed in the lifestyle forum, as in "I'm leading a lifestyle devoid of taste" or perhaps the food forum "I consume far too many drugs for my own good".

Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

Gamepass is available

I'm a little apprehensive about getting it. Not sure what kind of internet we have but the live streams I got from random sites for last season weren't the best. Kind of wondering whether that had more to do with the speed of my net or the websites themselves. Bit of a wasted investment if it ends up being laggy!
ozcar +

content

Times thanked
< 10
Gamepass is the best 200 bucks you could ever spend.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozcar View Post

Gamepass is the best 200 bucks you could ever spend.

It really is. And if you're a super tight ass (like me) you can just pay $135 for pre & regualr season & watch the playoffs on ONE HD.

I'm particularly loving the condensed game feature. Cutting out all the shit & having every play of the game squeezed into a 30 minute package. Means i can fit more NFL into every day
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
What sort of file size we talking for a game? might have to up my cap.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

What sort of file size we talking for a game? might have to up my cap.

Somewhere between 1.5 -2 gig depending on quality i think.
Rocca +

Query: Do you feel lucky, meatbag?

Times thanked
< 121
so what is the record for most off-season arrests?
OH MMM TRANCE?

https://soundcloud.com/philby/phillip-bourne-july-2012

Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
It's making the NRL look good.
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 11,955
Where's all the excitement surrounding Ray Rice signing a 5 year deal with the Ravens?
Unspoilt by Progress
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 120
Ravens fans are probably excited. Given the Eagles play the Ravens, I am not so excited.

Quote:

Hardstyle isn't music. It's not anything, except perhaps complete garbage. It should really be discussed in the lifestyle forum, as in "I'm leading a lifestyle devoid of taste" or perhaps the food forum "I consume far too many drugs for my own good".

moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Just wondering what people's thoughts are regarding the ongoing saga with the bounty scandal. It appears as though the players gave up way too much in their last CBA but that hasn't stopped Vilma suing for defamation. To be honest, it looks like the players don't have a leg to stand on & Vilma is carrying on abit at this point. In saying that, having Goddell, the guy who handed out the suspensions,be the person that decided the result of their appeals stinks to high heaven.

Rice & Forte both getting long term deals is obviously good for the Ravens & Bears. The Bears were clearly the smarter of the two teams getting Bush in the off season & i think that is is reflected in their slightly smaller deal given to Forte, a player that has been their offense for many years now. With McCoy's deal earlier in the off season, i think neither team really got taken to the cleaners & there have certainly been much worse deals handed out this off season

Speaking of deals this off season, I'm sick of hearing about players wanting more money & threatening holdouts when they still have multiple years left on their deals. Maybe we are spoilt here in Australia as the thought of a Benji Marshall or Chris Judd not turning up to off season practice coz he wants more money is so foreign to our sporting landscape but it just seems greedy to me. I'm talking mostly about MJD at this point but lots of players do it. Derrell Revis seems to be a serial offender. Bloke holds out till he gets his big front loaded contract only 2 years ago then whinges & threatens a holdout when the significantly poorer backend of the deal comes into effect.

How many players have either been arrested, stabbed or pushed their mothers this off season.
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 11,955
Ravens were definitely cornered to get the deal with Rice done with Flacco up for a deal next season. I'm glad we got Rice, kinda non plussed about Flacco tbh. Look at me talking like I know shit.
Unspoilt by Progress
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 120

Quote:

Just wondering what people's thoughts are regarding the ongoing saga with the bounty scandal. It appears as though the players gave up way too much in their last CBA but that hasn't stopped Vilma suing for defamation. To be honest, it looks like the players don't have a leg to stand on & Vilma is carrying on abit at this point. In saying that, having Goddell, the guy who handed out the suspensions,be the person that decided the result of their appeals stinks to high heaven.

Rice & Forte both getting long term deals is obviously good for the Ravens & Bears. The Bears were clearly the smarter of the two teams getting Bush in the off season & i think that is is reflected in their slightly smaller deal given to Forte, a player that has been their offense for many years now. With McCoy's deal earlier in the off season, i think neither team really got taken to the cleaners & there have certainly been much worse deals handed out this off season

Speaking of deals this off season, I'm sick of hearing about players wanting more money & threatening holdouts when they still have multiple years left on their deals. Maybe we are spoilt here in Australia as the thought of a Benji Marshall or Chris Judd not turning up to off season practice coz he wants more money is so foreign to our sporting landscape but it just seems greedy to me. I'm talking mostly about MJD at this point but lots of players do it. Derrell Revis seems to be a serial offender. Bloke holds out till he gets his big front loaded contract only 2 years ago then whinges & threatens a holdout when the significantly poorer backend of the deal comes into effect.

How many players have either been arrested, stabbed or pushed their mothers this off season.

Yeah I agree with all your points. I thought Brees, although being a great player and the heart of the team, came off as greedy as fuck through the entire negotiation and his salary is ridiculous. I think players somehow get it in their heads that they couldn't survive if they only earnt say 5 million a year instead of 6. Ridiculous and out of touch with reality imo.

Quote:

Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zealbee View Post

Yeah I agree with all your points. I thought Brees, although being a great player and the heart of the team, came off as greedy as fuck through the entire negotiation and his salary is ridiculous. I think players somehow get it in their heads that they couldn't survive if they only earnt say 5 million a year instead of 6. Ridiculous and out of touch with reality imo.

I agree with both of you but I guess the money and scale of sport in America has a different effect on the way players do business (lets not forget that this is a business).

In regards to Revis, his last deal was widely known by all as a patch up deal that was put together in a bid to get him on the field in time for the start of the season. There was little doubt from the team, Revis and the public that the contract would have to be reassessed in due time. Like with Brees (who I'll get to in a second), it has a lot to do with principal and perspective. Revis is the best corner in the game and won't be earning money that reflects that from this season onwards. No matter how much you enjoy your job, would you honestly give your best performance once you essentially take a pay cut? Sure, both guys already have money pouring out their ears. But it is a business, and the best should be getting paid the best.

With Brees, there were several issues that people need to remember with his situation. He did come off looking like a bit of a chump, but in fairness it's safe to say that he's probably one of the most genuine players in the game. Drew's issue had more to do with the length of the contract as I understand it, and yes he had an issue with being franchise tagged again, but with good reason. Firstly, the percentage of which the Saints were looking to tag him didn't match up with what it should actually be based on whatever numerical system they use to scale the value of that specific player. It might mean nothing to a lot of us whether we forfeit a couple of hundred thousand dollars here or there if we were being offered a multi-million dollar contract (hell, I'd donate a kidney), but it's still all relative. You wouldn't let your employer try and low ball you. It's not how you do business. BUT more importantly, Drew Brees is all too familiar with the curse of the franchise tag. It cost him his job in San Diego due to a season ending injury that saw Philip Rivers become the unquestioned starter.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
This is so tight. Gonna be sitting in my beanbag yelling audibles Now all I need's a helmet

http://www.vgstrategy.com/kinect-int...-to-madden-13/
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
Awes.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Creme View Post

I agree with both of you but I guess the money and scale of sport in America has a different effect on the way players do business (lets not forget that this is a business).

In regards to Revis, his last deal was widely known by all as a patch up deal that was put together in a bid to get him on the field in time for the start of the season. There was little doubt from the team, Revis and the public that the contract would have to be reassessed in due time. Like with Brees (who I'll get to in a second), it has a lot to do with principal and perspective. Revis is the best corner in the game and won't be earning money that reflects that from this season onwards. No matter how much you enjoy your job, would you honestly give your best performance once you essentially take a pay cut? Sure, both guys already have money pouring out their ears. But it is a business, and the best should be getting paid the best..

Totally agree with everything you've said regarding it being a business decision. And i'll keep coming back to the Australian example (even though it isn't particularly relevant) but very few people would begrudge elite players in our biggest sporting codes over here moving elsewhere for a few extra dollars. I guess its just the obscene amounts of money being talked about over there that causes a stir

My issue is that these players that sign deals & then request extensions before they end when they have to take a pay cut (Revis was prolly a bad example given how quickly that particular deal was put together as you've pointed out). they know that in the 3rd,4th,5th years of their deals they will be taking a pay cut. This is not news to them, they were there and signed the contract & agreed to its terms but then change their mind. Alot of these guys are elite or very good at their postion so they know what they are worth. I'm not talking about rookies that are forced to play out a shit contract bu then become one of the top players at their position & want to be payed as such. The fact they choose to accept front loaded contracts & large amounts of guarenteed money up front then hold out when they don't get paid as well, after the team has done right by them by giving them the contract they want, bugs the shit out of me. Anyway, rant over.

Anyone think Cam Newton will improve this year & not regress some like people are predicting. I think he is exceptional & if anyone is going to forgo the sophmore slump, its this guy. A full off season is certainly going to help.

1 week till pre season starts. has been so damn long this off season
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Cam Newton scares the shit out of me. I cannot see him regressing this season unless he succumbs to injury.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
It's almost time to start thinking fantasy football.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Sure is. Thinking a fantasy specific thread this year would be the go to generate interest in the league/s
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
I'll let lamb start it up cos he has his shit down and then I'll hijack it with the keeper league details.

Lamb, start the fuckin' thread.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Shits gonna be radtactual in fantasy NFL this year. Im smarting from last year where I got to the superbowl in 3 league and only won one
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
shonts +

Times thanked
< 2
hi gentlemen, i have been away too lond, just reading over the thread loving the opinions and thoughts.

i'm definitely in for some more fantasy this year, i have been mocking a fair amount in the last two weeks, preparing for my first dynasty league with some overseas pals.

My bold predictions for the season:

cam regresses majorly,
brees has a career year and possible wins coach of the year (i assume with sean payton gone he'll be doing the majority of the work)
two teams from the afc west go to the playoffs (denver and san diego)
andrew luck outperforms rg111
ap is the same old ap
jamaal charles is never jamaal charles again

good to be back guys ill keep up to date with this thread but a fantasy specific one would be great
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Anyone watching the Cards Saints game tomoz?
zealbee +

Times thanked
< 120

Quote:

Anyone watching the Cards Saints game tomoz?

Yeah will be watching it on Game Pass, don't care about either team I'm just so excited to finally have a game to watch.

Quote:

moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Just got up to watch it. Pretty pumped
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
What time does it kick off... need to try and find a stream. Hoping sportlemon will have one.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

What time does it kick off... need to try and find a stream. Hoping sportlemon will have one.

1 or 2 hours yet mate. vipbox might be the go
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
Who Dat?

I'm so desperate for NFL action I've just chucked $50 on Saints -3 in a preseason game

What the hell am I doing.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
Nice to see Kolb hasn't forgotten how to suck in the offseason.

Last edited by Zodiac: 06-Aug-12 at 10:44am

moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
New season, same Kolb. I think your bet is safe Scott, the Saints will just run all over them by the looks of it

Edit - And now he is injured
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
Daniel looks the goods. I reckon the Cardinals would love to have him lol.

Skelton looking OK. I reckon the Cards will be hoping his injury keeps him out for a few weeks so that Skelton can start the season.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
Hang in there Saints!
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
Oh oh! This isn't looking good.

Edit: Yes! Needed that INT.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever said, but John Skelton reminds me of Peyton Manning

Only in terms of build and the way they run on play actions though. Might be a while before there are any other comparisons.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever said, but John Skelton reminds me of Peyton Manning

Only in terms of build and the way they run on play actions though. Might be a while before there are any other comparisons.

I concur. That does sound ridiculous. I loved the zip on his passes today though.

In saying that Lindell or whatever his name is looked the best of the lot.

The QB battle in Arizona could be over before it began if Kolbs injury keeps him out for more than 2 weeks

Young Housler looks like he could be a player of the future if he continues to develop
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Skelton throws a mean ball. Did anyone see that pass he threw on the run right across his body? Absolute beaut.

Chase Daniel would be battling for a starting spot in this league if he was about 2 inches taller. I can see him getting the same kind of opportunity as Flynn and Kolb when his contract comes to an end.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
NFL Gamepass acquired. It's... sniff... beautiful... sniff.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
How good is Antonio Cromatie's pre season going. So far he has called himself the 2nd best receiver on the team, despite playing cornerback. Then he injured Santonio Holmes in a drill. And then the next day he got into Stephen Hill & punched Dustin Keller.

Sounds like the Jets are the same as last season
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
Lambs mob is a fucking rabble. Tebow... lol.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
First Hard Knocks ep is out & is pretty decent.

Matt Moore's wife is pretty hot. Gives Tannehills a run for his money

Chad Johnson is a funny motherfucker
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Jets

Where are you watching Hard Knocks from, Mossy? Yeah. You're Mossy now.
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,292
uncle torrence probably
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Jets

Where are you watching Hard Knocks from, Mossy? Yeah. You're Mossy now.

Haha i can dig it.

Let uncle torrence pirate ship be your guide
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »