Global Clubbing

Festivals and new years in South America

Tools
martindagun +

Times thanked
< 5
Festivals and new years in South America
Hey.
Does anyone know of any good music festivals in South America from mid-novermber to mid-february. Looking at mostly trance and techno, but friend likes house, so could do that too.
Also does anyone know of somewhere good to spend new years in Peru or Bolivia.
Also any not to miss club's in south america.

Cheers
skitz000 +

Times thanked
< 12
Was at Copacabana beach in Rio for new years eve 2011/2012, Was good fun even though the crowd was the biggest thing ive ever seen, music was average, they had Guetta this year but they can get better acts. They had above and beyond few years back.
phelon +

Times thanked
< 461
Mysteryland Chile

http://www.mysteryland.cl/es/info/english/
ITM EPL Predictions Champion 2012/13, 2013/14
bigtobz +

Times thanked
< 4
I'm an aussie living in Santiago who loves EDM. Not much of a scene over here. Most of the Chileans I know don't like the music. But yes Mysteryland in December should be good. I'm looking for peeps to go with, so if you end up being in Chile for this let me know.

P.S. Best places for clubs in SA that I have been are Buenos Aires, Argentina and Florianopolis, Brazil.
martindagun +

Times thanked
< 5
Thanks for the tips guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtobz View Post

I'm an aussie living in Santiago who loves EDM. Not much of a scene over here. Most of the Chileans I know don't like the music. But yes Mysteryland in December should be good. I'm looking for peeps to go with, so if you end up being in Chile for this let me know.

P.S. Best places for clubs in SA that I have been are Buenos Aires, Argentina and Florianopolis, Brazil.

Unfortunately we are giving Mysteryland the skip, we should be in Bolivia by then so it will be out of our way.

I was really keen for Universo Paralello, but we already booked New Years in La Paz, does anyone know of any other good psy festivals, from what I have read there isn't anywhere near as many in Brazil as there used to be a few years ago.
DarkPhoenix +

Man of the Moment

Times thanked
< 24
hey mate, you should check out Creamfields on the 10th of November in BA. Tickets are $85, i purchased mine. I am going solo from Sydney.
previous artists hosted by Golden Cage
Carl Craig - Octave One - Desyn Masiello - Guti - Kate Simko - John Roberts - Chloe Harris - Sasha Le Monnier - Shonky - Ahmet Sendil
Taubs +

Times thanked
< 9
BIGTOBZ: I am planning on going to Mysteryland and was planning on flying solo as well. Have your bought your ticket? What kind of ticket are you getting?

John O'Callaghan has been confirmed for NYE in Argentina, if a few more DJs get added I may head back there for it.
bigtobz +

Times thanked
< 4
Yeh, I got my ticket. I just got a camping ticket, I don't think there is much else to choose from unless you want to get an international ticket package. I think this includes airport transfers and a tent, but it is more than double the cost of a normal ticket. I think I have collected a few other people to come along, I am happy to help out a fellow aussie if you want to come along with us. Contact me through email at tobycohenis@gmail.com.
Taubs +

Times thanked
< 9
Ticket booked!
Jerry +

Disciple of Jebus

Times thanked
< 32
I did Rio De Janero last year, lots of people from Argentina and other Brazillian cities head there, music was shite though but still great fun... Florianopolos has some good clubs (Pacha, El Divino etc) and DJ's that play and tour there, loved the placed and spent the most time there out of anywhere... Warung beach club which is a few hours north from Florianopolos is also good, Phonique and Solomun seemed to play there alot the past year. BA has a Pacha but it closes down in January as lots of Argentinians head away as its so hot and they have holidays. Punte Del Este in Uruguay has a few clubs too, Luciano was there just after I was there but it's expensive, Guetta played there and was charging $300US a ticket!!!!

House and techno music is not very big in South America, as a whole it's all Regaetron (ok for a few songs, a whole night does your head in)and cheesy dance stuff. Being said if you are lucky you might be in some small town and get the likes of a John Digweed or Carl Cox come through, especially the towns that have lots of universities like Cordoba in Argentina...

« Previous Thread Next Thread »