Music News

In Search of Sunrise Tour ft. Richard Durand @ Home, Sydney (13/07/2012)

Tools
james223 +

Times thanked
< 153
That MC was the worst I've seen.
Valency +

jawesome

Times thanked
< 64
I don't think playing classics gains you any credibility honestly, only for an uneducated crowd that only knows the staples. Anyone can play classics.

I feel that well crafted, thoughtful sets that break away from the crutch of relying on classics are the ones that deserve credibility.

In any case, never really rated Durand. Reading this sort of mirrors what he's done with the ISOS franchise.
Shall +

Do you believe in a Godd?

Times thanked
< 18
I actually tend to agree Valency but sadly that was the case - People have always known Richard Durand as the big room anthem player though - credibility probably in terms of predictability of what people expect when Richard Durand has performed over the years..

I'm all from sets and artists out there who can take the audience on a journey with tracks that stick out and make even the most educated music lover go "Wow this track is amazing - I've Never heard this song before but it's pretty awesome". It's pleasing to see that there are those type of artists out as well - willing to take risks with undiscovered gems. There really is some really talented artists out there who are actually doing that as well which I really respect.

I still think ISOS has a place in the trance music realm, but personally it's not my cup of tea any more.

Last edited by Shall: 02-Aug-12 at 12:40am

« Previous Thread Next Thread »