Gaming, Computers, Phones, and Gadgets

Diablo III #2: Too much pain not enough profit

Tools
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
wiz preview mainly covers hydra to illustrate their (re)design philosophy: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6939...zard-8_15_2012

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353
i see they are buffing hammer of the ancients too, this is just sill all my skills are getting buffed

and all the while making Elites more "pussy" only problem now is that my rage won't go up from elemental damage elites give me... they won't last long enough
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
troy are you still doing hell?

Quote:

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353
No Smidgen said i should try Inferno so i did, Act 1 is easy, actually the step from Hell to Act1 Inferno was a lot easier than the step from Nightmare to Hell. I think because inferno all creatures are level 61 and you can do the whole level with no big jumps, where as in Hell the difference between 2 areas can be 3 to 4 levels which was nasty if you just made hell and tried to play through Act 1 without grinding one very small area over and over.

guess that says a lot about the nerfs they have done already.

only real issue is when Unburied have jailer/waller, molten and teleport/fast, or those little scavengers have Invulnerable Minions, Molten, Electrified, Fast... i.e. impossible affixes. in general i can stand in molten or plagued, take on most elites with my usual tank style.

like i said my Witch Doctor already has 2000 life per second, thanks to 4 peices of crazy Arcon Armor.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
buffs for everyone!

monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6939...Monk-8_16_2012

DH: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6986...nter-8_16_2012

WD: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923...ctor-8_16_2012

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion

Last edited by BigGroovyFcuker: 17-Aug-12 at 11:28am

Reason: WD added

TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353
in other news, crossed over 10,000 elite kills with my main toon last week need to work on my social life i think.

my god! after looking at those images of Legendaries i am actually excited! glad they took feedback and made them unique, being able to summon a goat demon with fire chains is epic though CAN NOT WAIT!

Last edited by TroyShaun: 17-Aug-12 at 12:42pm

NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 8,620
nice i might actually play my monk again
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353
just got some legendary ilvl 61 gloves

edit: and a doombringer..

Last edited by TroyShaun: 19-Aug-12 at 10:07am

BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
1.04 patch has been datamined and has revealed new end-game levelling system "paragon levels" for 60s that add to gold and magic find bonus. http://www.diablofans.com/news/1317-...ixes-and-more/

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
trAse +

He'll never be an old man rafter

Times thanked
< 13,550

Spoiler:
ヽ༼ʘ̆ںʘ̆༽ ノ
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyShaun View Post

just got some legendary ilvl 61 gloves

edit: and a doombringer..

And a Goldskin last night...

this is shit, probably get no legendaries after 1.04.

on the flip side they released Gold and Magic find info today and said the patch notes (actual patch) will be in a few days
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
yep it's official: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/696...stem-8_20_2012

100 paragon levels, each giving stat bonus + 3% MF & GF (+ prestige UI)

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353
what are your thoughts ion that?

looks pretty cool imo, i wanted them to scrap gear swapping and it kind of does that, also allows you to outlevel the content as well as making an end game equal to level 99 in Diablo 2... in otherwords i think they did everything right for once.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
it's good to have other incentives to play but i'm not sure how they're going to transition away from MF being a stat on items. it sounds like a major overhaul of a system that goes back to D2 and will leave a legacy of issues. we'll have to see how a hard cap on MF turns out.. i'm sure lots of people who farm with MF above that now will be pissed off

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
also, AH updates for 1.04: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6369407745#1

Quote:

General Improvements:

•Players can now cancel their auctions at any point so long they do not have any active bids on them (it will still take five minutes for a listed auction to become searchable, however).
•We've increased the maximum stack size of gold per listing from 100,000 to 1,000,000. The minimum price per stack will remain the same.
•We've added description text to several error messages. We've also improved several existing descriptions so that they more clearly describe why you've encountered an error.

Search Improvements:

•We're upping the allowed number of "Preferred Stats" per search from 3 to 6.
•We're upping the number of digits you can enter in the "Min Value" field for equipment searches from 3 to 5 (i.e. you can now search for values > 999).
•We've replaced “Minimum Damage” with “Average Damage” as a searchable stat, which can be calculated as follows: (Min Damage + Max Damage) / 2. So, for example, searching for an Average Damage of 12 will find an item with 10-14 damage, 12 Minimum damage, or 24 Maximum damage.
•Stat increases which come from slotted gems will no longer be factored in when searching for equipment. Instead, your search criteria will only take into account the base stat values for an item.
•Armor, DPS, Buyout, and Time Left columns are now sortable columns in the Search tab.

UI Improvements:

•The Auctions tab and Completed tab will now refresh whenever one of your items has been purchased.
•Whenever an auction expires or is cancelled, the listing price of that item will now display in the Completed tab.
•Tooltips have been added for items in the Completed tab (which means you'll be able to see the stats of the items you've purchased or sold, as well as items which failed to sell or were cancelled).
•Tooltips have been added for commodities.
•Item Compare tooltips have been added to the Recommended Items page.

In addition to these improvements, we're also fixing several bugs with the auction house UI and functionality (many of which you reported on these forums).

Bug Fixes:

•Auction house filters are no longer case-sensitive.
•Players can now search for stats on Legendary items! Yay!
•The Recommended Items page will now display quivers for demon hunters even if you have a two-handed ranged weapon equipped.
•Witch doctor's Corpse Spider bonus is now listed when searching for mojos.
•And, last but not least, we've fixed several issues with affixes not displaying correctly or being unavailable for equipment searches:
•"Attack Speed" is now a searchable affix for quivers
•"Chance to Blind on Hit" is now a searchable affix for amulets
•Items with the "Level Requirement Reduced" affix will now properly appear in search results when specifying the level range
•Searches will now properly filter results according to the set Minimum and Maximum values for"Life per Spirit Spent"

And there you have it! Please note that this isn’t a preview, and that the above list represents every change we are making to the auction house in 1.0.4. While the list is exhaustive for this patch, it's definitely not the end of the road -- we still have additional improvements planned for 1.1.0 and for the long-term. We don't have a lot of juicy details to share right now on that front, but we'll be sure to provide more information as development continues

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353
yea totes, some people will be fuming, but really they were always going to upset some people. Just lucky they didn't take gear swapping off all together, and while high level items with MF are going to greatly decrease in value there will still be some relevance due to the way Paragon works so maybe they can all-out keep MF the way it is.

MF gear will need to stay otherwise the start of the game will be boring...

I do like how they are goung about their business though, in regards to NV stacks and taking MF away from items... whether it breaks the game or not they are sticking to their guns.
MadMike +

neutralizzare gli uomini di guardia

Times thanked
< 3,638
So to summarise:

There are 100 Paragon levels
Every Paragon level will reward you with:
1. Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
2. 3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find
Nephalem Valor (NV) will now also provide a 15% experience bonus per stack, applicable toward Paragon levels
With the Paragon system in place, we’re capping Magic Find and Gold Find to 300% (before Nephalem Valor)
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|
midian +

Baby you're a firework

Times thanked
< 2,489
100 more levels of farming the same acts but slightly faster each time you level? Sounds like a good job for an act 1 inferno bot
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,173
Those AH changes should have been in the game since the AH launched. I'm already over the game and have no desire to return to it, even reading this stuff.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

100 more levels of farming the same acts but slightly faster each time you level? Sounds like a good job for an act 1 inferno bot

most bots farm nightmare not inferno. they also tend to do specific runs rather than full clears which won't really be the optimum way of gaining paragon levels (can't script for elites, no NV buff)

some nerds might grind the 100 levels because they're into that shit but i look at it as just another incentive to farm. if you don't get any good drops at least you get some xp

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
midian +

Baby you're a firework

Times thanked
< 2,489
There are a few bots out there that can handle act 1 inferno (immortal bot/demon buddy) if you have the right gear/spec/class -- i.e. a critical mass wizard tank with 30%+ crit and 700+ all resist can easily bot act 1 no matter what elite packs generate, and it's not hard to find or write a big clear profile.

Not that I'd bother doing it because I'm not interested in the game anymore but I imagine plenty of people that don't want to sperg to 100 will give it a go.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353
I guess so and if you don't really want to play the game doesn't matter if you get banned or not.

i still don't get why people do it outside of making money, which has to be illegal.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
official patch notes: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...88147?page=1#1

think this goes live tonight

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353
you think right, 1.04 tomorrow morning, looking forward to this shit.
Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,310
Logged in, realized i sold all my gear for phat stacks and the game is still bad and logged back out.

If you have non legendary stuff to sell do it now while blizz squeez the last bit of hype out of this trash game and people come back to play for a week
trAse +

Times thanked
< 13,550
1.04 launch? I'll probably play some before GW2.
ヽ༼ʘ̆ںʘ̆༽ ノ
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
first 1.04 GG lewtz are starting to trickle thru and admittedly making me a little..

Spoiler:

this is going to act as a reset on all AH pricing...

wasn't heaps keen on logging back on til probably the weekend where i was going to start rolling a WD, but i might have to find some time tonight to fire it up and get back to some siege runs..

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225

Quote:

looking forward to this shit.

might just be me and you left brah lol

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
some more teasers..

negative stats make a return (seems only for this so far):

Spoiler:

SoJ is back, bitches!

Spoiler:

holy fuck.. 2 sockets!!?

Spoiler:

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

might just be me and you left brah lol

Auction house IMO.... only reason i'm still having fun is planning my builds and looking for gear, the impact that gear will have then changing builds.

with the Auction house, you don't really have any need to hunt for items which is essentially the whole game.

do you get set items in Act 1?

i have had like 7 legendaries, and no set items or any decent (more than 4) recipes...

Last edited by TroyShaun: 22-Aug-12 at 12:26pm

Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,310
SOJ has been in the game since release.
grumf +

"If I want to put my hands in the air I will. I don't need some fuck-stick telling me what to do." - Aphex Twin

Times thanked
< 169
Did a quick Butcher run, loads of level 63 drops... all crap.
trAse +

Times thanked
< 13,550
Game is a LOT better now, played a few hours and was able to play around with my build, stay viable and progress.
ヽ༼ʘ̆ںʘ̆༽ ノ
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
only realised last night i had locked myself out of my account because i flashed a new rom on my phone without recording the restore info of my authenticator.. thank god i backed up the rom

by the time i logged on was too tired to play.. definitely gonna tinker around with my DH as i've been wanting to try a strafe build. more people seem to playing co-op than solo now which is a big positive

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353
Yea was pretty cool last night, things noted.

1) the new molten animation dooesn't look as good as it did before, looks more certooney... on the flip side anything that explodes now has a visual radius before hand so you can sit on the very edge prepping you rnext attack which is nice.
~ to add to that i'm pretty sure i died from an elite pack stacking frozen on me last night, still need to let it happen again to confirm, maybe i was frozen just as it wore off (which is still shit)

2) new damage on iLvL 61/62 items was noticable straight away, though obviously a weapon with 1000 damage is still shit if it has crappy loh.

3) Witch Doctors pets completely fuck shit up now.

had to stop picking up blue items though

Last edited by TroyShaun: 23-Aug-12 at 09:35am

trAse +

Times thanked
< 13,550
Tried 2 hand barb in A3 last night, still no good

But killing quickly enough with my shitty 900DPS 1h'er
ヽ༼ʘ̆ںʘ̆༽ ノ
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353
you find any got 2handers, i saw a couple with %5 life steal, damage was too low though.

also saw one with like 400 strength....

with all that Jazz though only thing i got was a 63 ceremonial knife with 860 dps, so that had nothing to do with patch.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
some nerds have started a paragon lvl ladder: http://www.diabloprogress.com/rating.stat_paragon_level

i read paragon lvl 1 is about 4x more xp than 59->60. howtf is this nolifer lvl 19 already?

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225

Quote:

you find any got 2handers, i saw a couple with %5 life steal, damage was too low though.

also saw one with like 400 strength....

with all that Jazz though only thing i got was a 63 ceremonial knife with 860 dps, so that had nothing to do with patch.

apparently crafting weaponss produce wayyy better results now too.. i'm only after dem legendaries now tho

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353

Quote:

some nerds have started a paragon lvl ladder: http://www.diabloprogress.com/rating.stat_paragon_level

i read paragon lvl 1 is about 4x more xp than 59->60. howtf is this nolifer lvl 19 already?

didn't take that long to get level 1, i did act one, no questing and just all the main areas and was 1.5. if i switched quests on and did the same thing reckon it's 3 levels in 2 hours... he's been playing since the patch launched trying to be first, isn't that what all the neckbeards do?

Yea i'm after legendaries now too, as i expected got zero last night... all my luck just before patch damn it!

do you get set items and recipes in Act 1?
MadMike +

Times thanked
< 3,638

Full thing here....
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6398870250

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
trAse +

Times thanked
< 13,550
What was he thinking in the first place?
ヽ༼ʘ̆ںʘ̆༽ ノ
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
blizznth4lyf

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,173

Quote:

apparently crafting weaponss produce wayyy better results now too.. i'm only after dem legendaries now tho

I'll try craft a few of those 1handers later to see how I go.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
"the tormentor" legendary staff on my first run back.. not godly but not bad. the charm proc looks interesting

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,173
Nice one dude. I crafted a four swords, 660 dps and 739 dps both sockets or good stats. Other two were crap.

For fucks sake I wanted to try a run out and maint...

Last edited by Derelict: 23-Aug-12 at 09:15pm

BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
it's only 880 odd dps for a 2h but had a decent intel roll of 300+ iirc

thinking i might use it in a WD pet build.. minions everywhere! shame it doesn't state the proc %, could be like the old d2 skellymancer

still looking around for new DH builds.. one skill that's gaining popularity is the trail of cinders rune on vault. 1500% dmg over 3 seconds

Media Player
Inferno Belial 1.04 Demon Hunter - 1 Skill Only (Trail of Cinders) - YouTube

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 353
yea when i saw that shit on the patch notes, i was like... surely that's a typo.

why doesn't the barb run like the wind skill do 1500 damage fuckers!

my Barbs spear only doe 550dps, but i can't get rid of it because the 280str 100+ vit and mega life on hit is too good.

Last edited by TroyShaun: 24-Aug-12 at 09:43am

MadMike +

Times thanked
< 3,638
imagine that in pvp...
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,225
i doubt there will be many counters to a DH using pre-1.04 nat's set in pvp, using OP skills or not

with that said i'm pretty sure it's headed for a nerf.. i don't understand how blizz come up with some of these numbers

but i was dying a whole bunch last night because it was just fun vaulting into the middle of packs and killing them with cinders

Quote:

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion

« Previous Thread Next Thread »