Tools
nickko +

Why would I not have a nice day?

Times thanked
< 4,578

Quote:

Originally Posted by sounds_echoed View Post

he has his own philosophy about the game

I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,285

Quote:

Gotta love the Foster bashing in this thread. You must all be Brits. Sure Fozzie speaks a lot of anti-English crap but he has his own philosophy about the game and he genuinely has a passion for the game and for it to succeed in Australia.

im not british and think he is a fucktard

hoping sydney fc have some fast foreign striker lined up for a 1 year deal
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
weekender +

Times thanked
< 543
Foster's philosophy? Give me a break. The guy spouts recycled opinions about La Liga and Serie A, all of which have been aired more articulately years ago by men who know what they're on about. Unlike an injury prone gobshite who trundled around the second tier of the British game and achieved fuck all of nothing. Before slagging off the very place that paid his way and no doubt set him up to talk utter nonsense.

For such a diamond bloke, he's very quiet on the crisis at Portsmouth - one of his former employers. The guy is a fucking tit, starstruck and bitter in equal measure.

And as I've said before, it's very easy to sit in the press box and slag everything and anything off. Much harder it appears for Fozzie to get involved in the game and actually do something positive.

Oh and he's an utter cnut to play against.
"Old enough to know better"
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
< 2,610
Couldn't put it any better than weekender -- great post.
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 867
lol hear hear. His unrealistic expectations shit me up the wall. There's a difference between having ambition and passion for the game to grow in our country, to thinking that every child should be brought up to be as cultured in football as Iniesta

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

Last edited by Acperience 1: 28-Aug-12 at 10:14am

Conor- +

Incorrectly using the semi colon; since 1996

Times thanked
< 1,398
Didn't he get in a twitter round of fisticuffs with another former player about 6 months ago? Was it Bozza?
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,578
^ Robbie Slater.
metaphorikal +

u mad

Times thanked
< 1,764

Quote:

Gotta love the Foster bashing in this thread. You must all be Brits. Sure Fozzie speaks a lot of anti-English crap but he has his own philosophy about the game and he genuinely has a passion for the game and for it to succeed in Australia.

Thanks for your input, Craig Foster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

fucked international break at it yet again fuck off already

Last edited by metaphorikal: 28-Aug-12 at 03:41pm

davecw +

thinks Nando is homo

Times thanked
< 516
Foster's idea of improving the game is to whinge and have a cry at every chance about how shit it is !!!

Fuck off Foster , he is the type of bloke we don't need involved in football.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch

We took a look at his goods when we got him home. I never want to see anything like that again - it looked like his penis had been traumatically amputated and stitched back on by a blind grandmother with no arms.

VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,914

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekender View Post

Foster's philosophy? Give me a break. The guy spouts recycled opinions about La Liga and Serie A, all of which have been aired more articulately years ago by men who know what they're on about. Unlike an injury prone gobshite who trundled around the second tier of the British game and achieved fuck all of nothing. Before slagging off the very place that paid his way and no doubt set him up to talk utter nonsense.

For such a diamond bloke, he's very quiet on the crisis at Portsmouth - one of his former employers. The guy is a fucking tit, starstruck and bitter in equal measure.

And as I've said before, it's very easy to sit in the press box and slag everything and anything off. Much harder it appears for Fozzie to get involved in the game and actually do something positive.

Oh and he's an utter cnut to play against.

This is quite possibly the most accurate, succinct and entertaining post I have read re Andreas Fozzwinkle

Well done
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,285
sydney fc have made an offer to del piero..... would be quite happy with this signing!
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
< 2,610
Would be the biggest marquee signing in A-League history imo, he'd have far more pull than Robbie, Dwight or anyone else that's been. The Marconi and APIA brigades would come out in the thousands.
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 867
Yep. Would be massive. Would love to see it happen. Performance wise he'd be great also - at 37 years old, he made 23 appearances in the Serie A last season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Good read from Cockerill here -

Break the bank: why Sydney FC needs del Piero

Getting Alessandro del Piero would be the biggest, and best, thing to happen to the A-League. Ever. David Traktovenko insists he wants to make Sydney FC the 'premium brand' in Asia. Here's his chance. Break the bank, David. It's worth it. Perhaps more than any of us know.

Down at Henley Park, the home ground of the mighty Enfield Rovers, every second player of a certain vintage is a Juventus supporter. Eurosnobs? You bet. Very few of these weekend warriors pay to watch the A-League. A lot of them will, though, pay for a Rai TV subscription. They love their Serie A. Del Piero has been the pin-up boy of the Serie A for a decade.

Sydney's large, well-educated, Italian football community has always been notoriously fickle. Just ask APIA-Leichhardt and Marconi Stallions, their flagship clubs. Even during their salad days in the NSL, crowds at Bossley Park and Lambert Park rarely tested capacity. Australian football has never quite excited the 'cognoscenti' enough. This should. It better.

Not that del Piero is all about a niche market. He's much, much, bigger than that. The stats are impressive - more games for Juventus (513) than anyone else, 91 caps for Italy (fourth-highest on record), voted by FIFA as one of the 125 greatest players of all-time. But the figures only tell part of the story. Del Piero, the man, is arguably more impressive than del Piero, the player. He's done wonderful work for cancer charities. He's recorded his own songs, he's been a torch bearer for the Winter Olympics. Sponsors love him, he's a popular guest of television comedy shows. Charming, and funny. A god? In February this year, there were reports a 12-year-old girl woke from a 15-day coma after listening to del Piero's voice at her bedside. Now that's impressive.

Suddenly, all this opportunity has fallen into Sydney FC's lap. Del Piero's brother, Stefano, is his agent, and was contacted by the club within hours of Nicky Carle being released to go to the United Arab Emirates on loan. A marquee slot has suddenly opened up, and there is no better player on the market to fill it. Hopefully, it's meant to be.

Granted, del Piero is 37. But he made 23 appearances in the Serie A last season, albeit many as a pinch-hitter off the bench. His farewell appearance for his beloved 'bianconeri' came in the Coppa Italia final in late May. Since then, he's been sweating hard with a personal trainer as he prepares for the next, final, chapter of his illustrious career. There's too much pride, too much character, too much professionalism, in his DNA for him to let himself down. Whoever gets him - and the likes of Los Angeles Galaxy, Boca Juniors, Sion as well as clubs in China, Brazil, Japan, Spain and the UAE have all been on the phone - will get a player who still has the drive, and the ability, to make a difference. In the A-League, that would be a massive difference.

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/b...829-24zba.html

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,578
Oh lordy... Del Piero...
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,285
one of our mates reckon heskey is signed, but fuck off i would want that donkey
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 3,523
fuckyeah powerhouse

Media Player
Emile Heskey : The Powerhouse - The Ultimate Tribute Video! - YouTube
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,578
From Le Cock's article on del Piero:

Quote:

He's recorded his own songs, he's been a torch bearer for the Winter Olympics. Sponsors love him, he's a popular guest of television comedy shows. Charming, and funny. A god? In February this year, there were reports a 12-year-old girl woke from a 15-day coma after listening to del Piero's voice at her bedside. Now that's impressive.

nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,578
Apparently he has said no to Sion...

VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,914
Would love to see del piero in the aleague.
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 3,523
who/what is sion?

Spoiler:

??
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,578
The Swiss club which was apparently the favourite to sign Alex.

Apparently down to us and Celtic.
weekender +

Times thanked
< 543
Selick in the Champions League or Sydney in summer
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,578

Quote:

Selick in the Champions League

Inevitable exit in the group stage...

Last edited by nickko: 30-Aug-12 at 09:58am

nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,578

Quote:

Quote from: Ray Gatt‏@Gatty54
Another meeting tonight re Del Piero. Sounding promising

Dero13 +

Roar Roar Brisbane Roar!!!

Times thanked
< 1,298

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

Would be the biggest marquee signing in A-League history imo, he'd have far more pull than Robbie, Dwight or anyone else that's been. The Marconi and APIA brigades would come out in the thousands.

Yeh I understand that but if the A-League wants cred it's gotta stop trying to promote the game as a haven for the has beens. Fowler & Kewell were failures which most predicted & Emerton has been nothing like he was made out to be. Yorke did ok but that was 8 years ago.

It's always about the sheen with Syd/Melb Del Piero will just take the piss & want billions. The Marconi & Apia fans will separate themselves from the A-League fans & just cause tension.

He will be here simply for a holiday. When will the penny drop & Syd?Melb scouts actually give the younger guys a go to prove themselves?

Ange proved this at Roarca with excellent return for a fraction of the cost

How old is Del Piero? 50?
BRISBANE ROAR FC

A-League Titles 3 times
2010-11 2011-12 2013-14

CHELSEA FC

First Div / EPL Titles 4 times
1954–55 2004–05 2005–06 2009–10

FA Cups 7 times
1969–70 1996–97 1999–00 2006–07 2008–09 2009–10 2011-12

European Champs
2011-12 (only London team to do it)
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 3,523

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Go fuck yourself, Daniel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Dan is wise and true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

the fuck kind of name is danmowfive

Conor- +

Times thanked
< 1,398
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...undtrack/48775

Pick your A-League Anthem (for the teams to run out to)

I liked Me and You by Nero. the, one last year. That wasn't broken at all. Why change it then?
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 23,115
They should make Angry Anderson sing "Bound for Glory" at every single game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heraclitus

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,578

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conor- View Post

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...undtrack/48775

Pick your A-League Anthem (for the teams to run out to)

I liked Me and You by Nero. the, one last year. That wasn't broken at all. Why change it then?

Because it's commercial fucking rubbish that drowns out the crowd-driven atmosphere. If there is to be a song played pre-game, that decision should lie with the clubs and not the fucking FFA.
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 3,523
he came and performed it live at Perth Oval back in the heady days of the nsl. they still play it whenever we win
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,411
Tell us how you really feel Nickko .
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 23,115
I just wish they'd play this LOUDER at Heart games:

Media Player
Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart - YouTube

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heraclitus

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

Conor- +

Times thanked
< 1,398
Good points Niccko

Or this

Media Player
Chemical Brothers - Escape Velocity - YouTube
chegoon +

Times thanked
< 1,028
as long as its not fucking skrillex again

del piero would be sick. di natale also to end his career in melboure #hearditherefirst
Dero13 +

Times thanked
< 1,298

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro-Boy View Post

They should make Angry Anderson sing "Bound for Glory" at every single game.

Led Zeppelin - Black Dog

or something with good boobs I mean beats

Media Player
Boys boys boys - Sabrina HD - YouTube
BRISBANE ROAR FC

A-League Titles 3 times
2010-11 2011-12 2013-14

CHELSEA FC

FA Cups 7 times

European Champs
Dero13 +

Times thanked
< 1,298
Oiiii Astrbro how about some classic wobble step

Suncorp would go nutz

Media Player
Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce - Alien Girl HD - YouTube
BRISBANE ROAR FC

A-League Titles 3 times
2010-11 2011-12 2013-14

CHELSEA FC

FA Cups 7 times

European Champs
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,578
Further talks with del Piero tonight. Apparently Celtic out of the running now too. Still a few unnamed clubs in the mix.

Quote:

Lou Sticca ‏@Lou_Sticca getting warmer!

Dero13 +

Times thanked
< 1,298
All about the sheen!
BRISBANE ROAR FC

A-League Titles 3 times
2010-11 2011-12 2013-14

CHELSEA FC

FA Cups 7 times

European Champs
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 867
FOX SPORTS FOOTBALL @FOX_FOOTBALL
We're hearing very good things about the Del Piero talks. Fingers crossed nothing changes tonight. Well done @sydneyfc ! #foxfootball

Well done? Fingers crossed it's happened or is close to being finalised

Quote:

nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,578
del Piero himself is in on the call tonight.
legal-affairs +

Moderator says 2.0

Times thanked
< 513
News just in tor those of you who are/are not Cockerill fans - apparently he's one of the journos Fairfax have let go in the great clean-out this week.
But we're fools if we sit back and stare at the ground
While the weasels and analysts sing
If we want our place in history, we can't let the frustration
Drive us to fashionable drinking again
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,578
Seb Hassett now numero uno football journo at Fairfax.
weekender +

Times thanked
< 543

Quote:

Originally Posted by legal-affairs View Post

News just in tor those of you who are/are not Cockerill fans - apparently he's one of the journos Fairfax have let go in the great clean-out this week.

wtf? as much as he can wander off into nonsence at times, he's always come across as a sane voice in a Foster/SBS-crowded world
legal-affairs +

Moderator says 2.0

Times thanked
< 513

Quote:

wtf? as much as he can wander off into nonsence at times, he's always come across as a sane voice in a Foster/SBS-crowded world

Being sane doesn't help - it's carnage (according to Crikey):

The Sydney Morning Herald / The Sun-Herald

•Peter Fray (editor-in-chief)
•Amanda Wilson (editor)
•Mark Coultan (deputy editor)
•Peter Kerr (executive editor — leaving in October)
•David Marr (senior writer)
•Adele Horin (columnist and journalist)
•Malcolm Brown (journalist)
•Judy Prisk (readers’ editor)
•Andrew Stevenson (education editor)
•Jen Rosenberg (education reporter)
•Greg Bearup (Good Weekend feature writer)
•Fenella Souter (Good Weekend feature writer)
•Janet Hawley (Good Weekend feature writer)
•Joel Gibson (opinion editor)
•Cynthia Banham (diplomatic editor)
•Greg Hassall (The Guide editor)
•Doug Anderson (TV reviewer)
•Bruce Elder (popular culture writer)
•Ian Verrender (senior business columnist)
•Scott Rochfort (“CBD” business columnist)
•Elisabeth Sexton (senior business writer)
•Leonie Lamont (business reporter)
•Annette Sampson (personal finance editor)
•Matthew Moore (urban affairs editor)
•Geesche Jacobsen (legal affairs reporter)
•Deborah Smith (science editor)
•Clare Morgan (arts editor)
•Lynne Dwyer (arts journalist)
•Julie Robotham (health editor)
•Mark Metherell (health correspondent)
•Julian Lee (media writer)
•Fiona McGill (News Review editor)
•Debra Jopson (senior writer)
•John Huxley (senior writer)
•David Humphries (senior writer)
•Paola Totaro (former Europe correspondent)
•Helen Greenwood (food reviewer)
•Kelly Burke (journalist)
•Catharine Munro (journalist)
•Robert Wainright (journalist)
•Ellie Harvey (journalist)
•Emily Dunn (journalist)
•Jennifer Cooke (former legal affairs reporter)
•Daniel Dasey (special reports editor)
•Sacha Molitorisz (feature writer)
•Chris Henning (leader writer)
•Josh Rakic (sports journalist)
•Greg Prichard (sports journalist)
•Michael Cockerill (sports journalist)
•Michael Cowley (sports journalist)
•Greg Growden (chief rugby correspondent — leaving after football finals)
•Craig Young (racing journalist)
•Nadia Jamal (deputy editor - The Sun Herald )
•David Knox (senior editor - The Sun Herald)
•Mari Gibson (Domain editor - The Sun Herald)
•Jim O’Rourke (journalist - The Sun Herald)
•Terry Smythe (journalist - The Sun Herald)
•Quentin Jones (photographer)
•Jon Reid (photographer)
•Steve Christo (photographer)
•Simon Alekna (photographer)
•Dom Postiglione (photographer)
•Mags King (features photo editor)
•Jessica Irvine (economics writer; moving to News Limited and understood not to have taken redundancy)
•Joshua Dowling (motoring editor; moving to News Limited and understood not to have taken redundancy)

The Age / The Sunday Age

•Paul Ramadge (editor-in-chief)
•Misha Schubert (political editor - The Sunday Age)
•Kirsty Simpson (media editor)
•Lorna Edwards (“Melbourne Life” editor)
•Ray Cassin (senior writer)
•Andrew Cooke (news editor)
•Tom Ormonde (senior subeditor)
•Ian Davidson (subeditor)
•Shaun Carney (associate editor)
•Carolyn Jones (foreign editor)
•Simon Mann (ex-Washington correspondent)
•Mike van Niekerk (weekday editor)
•Paul Millar (police reporter)
•Patrick Smithers (executive news editor)
•Robin Usher (arts writer)
•Tom Hyland (international editor - The Sunday Age)
•Roslyn Guy (associate editor)
•Raymond Gill (senior arts writer)
•Ian Munro (senior writer)
•Gary Munro (senior editor)
•Jo Chandler (senior writer)
•Gary Tippet (senior writer)
•Nicole Brady (senior writer)
•Julie Szego (senior writer)
•Martin Blake (sports writer — will leave after AFL Finals)
•Andrew Eddy (racing writer — will leave after Spring Carnival)
•Farah Farouque (Law and Justice Editor)
•Gerry Carman (senior journalist)
•Philip Hopkins (business writer)
•Ian McIlwraith (business writer)
•Fran Atkinson (Green Guide deputy editor)
•Veronica Ridge (Life & Style editor)
•Andrew Heasley (motor industry reporter)
•Frank Maiorana (artist)
•Judy Green (designer)
•Christina Carter (designer)
•Viki Lascaris (images editor)
•Craig Sillitoe (photographer)
•John Woudstra (photographer)
•Craig Abraham (photographer)
•Rodger Cummins (photographer)
•Mark Ellis (deputy arts editor)
•David Dick (iPad editor; will leave early next year)

The Australian Financial Review

•Roger Johnstone (weekend editor)
•Deirdre Macken (columnist)
•Derry Hogue (foreign editor)
•Marguerite Winter (The Australian Financial Review Magazine deputy editor)
•Barrie Dunstan (columnist)
•Mark Fenton-Jones (special reports editor)
•Michael Fitzjames (illustrator)

The Canberra Times

•Ian Sharpe (cartoonist)
•Graham Downie (reporter, will leave in October)
•Diana Streak (arts editor)
•Gillian Lord (features editor)
•Gia Metherell (literary editor)
•Richard Mihaich (chief sub-editor for 16 years, recently chief sub of features)
•Mick Searle (former world editor)
•Rossyln Beeby (environment reporter)
•Peter Mayoh (photographic department)
•Gary Schaefer (photographer)
But we're fools if we sit back and stare at the ground
While the weasels and analysts sing
If we want our place in history, we can't let the frustration
Drive us to fashionable drinking again
weekender +

Times thanked
< 543
Josh Rakic (sports journalist)
•Michael Cockerill (sports journalist)
•Michael Cowley (sports journalist)
•Greg Growden (chief rugby correspondent — leaving after football finals)
•Craig Young (racing journalist)

Lol.... The only journos I actually read aside from Jamie Pandaranamananaman

Time for a third way
midian +

Times thanked
< 2,610
Sydney FC wins race to sign Alessandro Del Piero

by: Ray Gatt
August 31, 2012 7:28PM

Former Juventus and Italy striker Alessandro Del Piero has signed for Sydney FC. Source: Getty Images

SYDNEY FC has beaten some of the biggest and richest clubs in Europe, the Middle East and China to sign Italian superstar Alessandro Del Piero.

What was considered mission impossible, turned into reality late today when Sydney FC chief executive Tony Pignata and leading player agent and promoter Lou Sticca clinched a deal with the former Juventus star following hours of negotiations over three nights.

The deal was first mooted in The Australian on Tuesday and is regarded as the biggest signing in Australian soccer history.
It is believed to be worth close to $2 million and will make the 37-year-old striker the highest-paid footballer of all time in this country.

It is a stunning coup for the Sky Blues given Del Piero was being chased by a number of clubs around the world. He has opted for Australia and the chance to leave a footprint in the sport that has been his life.

Del Piero, a World Cup winner, has been without a club since finishing his career with Juventus at the end of last season's Serie A.

He played 513 games for Juventus, scoring 208 goals and becoming the club's greatest goalscorer of all time.

He was capped 91 times for Italy, scoring 27 goals and was part of the side that won the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany.

Pele, acknowledged as the greatest player of all time, named him in his top 100 living playing legends.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226462722296
boz-monaut +

comrade

Times thanked
< 239
well fuck me
Bism +

Times thanked
< 18,331
Sheeet
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,318
Nice.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,914
just came in here to write that - welcome done bling, great signing for the aleague.
"My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence"

#BRTG
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »