Gaming, Computers, Phones, and Gadgets

Fifa 13

Reply
  Tools
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Hdb2's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
< 2,362
Posts
7,885
Yeah Im normally pretty hopeless with music when playing them kinda games. Though every now and then I dominate with it, you just need some uplifting army music imo .
20
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conor- View Post

Oh Lordy......

Kay, raver, need some screens shots - it just doesn't feel like a fifa thread without one

look at the top you freak
Conor- +

Incorrectly using the semi colon; since 1996

Conor-'s Avatar
Joined
Aug '11
Times thanked
< 1,396
Posts
2,643

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmau5 View Post

see I'm different with that though - I die all that time as it is, I wouldn't be able to get any kills at all if I couldn't hear when crew were shooting at me.

I usually get negative as it is - so I figure I can at least do it to Nicolas Jaar or Boys Noize to keep me at least half sane.

e: FUTBAL
Marshwah +

Playing to win

Marshwah's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
< 701
Posts
1,182
Pre-ordered with JB for $89 - BOOM.
Order my book Being Bi-Bi - a memoir on mental health and sexuality -here.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250
demo comes out at 6pm tonight guys
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

danmau5's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
< 3,368
Posts
9,440
you freaks got it yet? just got home from work and it isn't up for demo yet
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

patrickbateman's Avatar
Joined
Jun '09
Times thanked
< 2,292
Posts
6,430
tomorrow morning
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

danmau5's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
< 3,368
Posts
9,440
ffffffuuuuuuuu
JustinSane +

Joga Bonito

JustinSane's Avatar
Joined
Jan '04
Times thanked
< 12
Posts
877
Got the demo for PC about a hour ago and have had a few matches, it plays really nicely.

First touch can be a bit unforgiving which is a good thing. No more perfect Berbatov style control when the goalie or defender rockets the ball out with their clearences to a team mate.

Love the new animations for a quick free kick. In Fifa 12 you could only do this if you got fouled and the ball was right next to you. Now if it trickles away a team mate will run towards it and nudge/pass the ball back to you so you can place it down and resume play with a quickly taken free kick.

It's the little things...
"At the end of the day, I'm a footballer first and not a pop star... If I really wanted all the attention for myself I would play singles tennis... Or even find myself a nice lady for the mixed doubles."
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmau5 View Post

you freaks got it yet? just got home from work and it isn't up for demo yet

what system Dan

i know ps3 gets it last
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Hdb2's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
< 2,362
Posts
7,885
Any others got on it? I wont have time this week at all .
20
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

danmau5's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
< 3,368
Posts
9,440

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

what system Dan

i know ps3 gets it last

well that's just great.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hdb2 View Post

Any others got on it? I wont have time this week at all .

playing it now for reason it keeps on freezing up don't know why

Last edited by RaVeR_SpIkE: 12-Sep-12 at 12:48pm

Hdb2 +

Sup.

Hdb2's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
< 2,362
Posts
7,885
fucked fifa
20
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250
this always happens with the demo's
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250
After two days of Frustration with Fifa 13 PC demo i have finally got it working,
i played three games so far, my view of the game so far, the gameplay is fucked Awesome way better than fifa12 i'm in love with the first touch feature, the defending is so much better unlike last years edition which was so bad, the commentary has changed alittle, visually all i can say it is fucked sick, i did see subs running on the side of the pitch like in real life & subs board which is new, which i never saw in any other fifa,

Last edited by RaVeR_SpIkE: 14-Sep-12 at 08:31am

patrickbateman +

the devil's son

patrickbateman's Avatar
Joined
Jun '09
Times thanked
< 2,292
Posts
6,430
i've only played it a few times but i like it so far. feels a lot more realistic than fifa 12. the first touch is kinda cool but it's a little extreme, just one example is when i threw the ball in to david silva from about 2 metres away and his first touch sent it flying back out of play... also seems like every time i play the ball to my fullback he knocks it 10 metres infront of him...

really struggling to break down the computer but i'm sure i'll get used to it. i love the fact that the cpu actually attack you in this game, in fifa 12 it felt as though they were desperate to keep the ball at all times without really doing anything with it and it was too frustrating trying to get the ball off them so i gave up playing the comp and only played online. in fifa 13 the comp goes straight for your throat.

one thing that pisses me off is every time i'm through on goal it seems like the defenders turn into usain bolt and catch up with me even if my player is supposed to be faster... and the players still don't know how to shield the ball
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

danmau5's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
< 3,368
Posts
9,440
are you pressing the shield button?
chegoon +

Registered User

chegoon's Avatar
Joined
May '11
Times thanked
< 1,028
Posts
2,212
the game is looking pretty legit, the matchday option is cool. sure its not a huge step up from last years but the defending is much more sensible. i liked the part where the commentators started saying how a transfer has allowed for another player to step up to the team and there was a graphic of diaby in the top corner, pretty sweet. the full version is going to blow pants off.

cant wait for the release
hammm +

Registered User

hammm's Avatar
Joined
Nov '10
Times thanked
< 507
Posts
1,355

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post


one thing that pisses me off is every time i'm through on goal it seems like the defenders turn into usain bolt and catch up with me even if my player is supposed to be faster... and the players still don't know how to shield the ball

that is my pet hate. it's been like that for so long.

lol at you playing with city
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

patrickbateman's Avatar
Joined
Jun '09
Times thanked
< 2,292
Posts
6,430
lol who else would i play with? been using dortmund & juventus as well, both have pretty fast teams, reus is a beast every time i shoot with him he scores.

getting the hang of this game now. so much better than fifa 12. will be nice destroying everyone online and not having to deal with those barca faggots who just run with messi and shoot every chance they get. worst thing about fifa 12 was the finesse shots and they've nerfed them to hell in fifa 13. no more messi 30 yard goals on his right foot with 2 defenders right next to him

Last edited by patrickbateman: 15-Sep-12 at 02:39pm

RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post

lol who else would i play with? been using dortmund & juventus as well, both have pretty fast teams, reus is a beast every time i shoot with him he scores.

getting the hang of this game now. so much better than fifa 12. will be nice destroying everyone online and not having to deal with those barca faggots who just run with messi and shoot every chance they get. worst thing about fifa 12 was the finesse shots and they've nerfed them to hell in fifa 13. no more messi 30 yard goals on his right foot with 2 defenders right next to him

good luck bro, i am going be playing fifa 13 off the hook when it comes out, only two weeks to go , i need to find a time extender for the demo for pc edition i hate having 3 min games
Marshwah +

Playing to win

Marshwah's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
< 701
Posts
1,182
Man this game continues to be the duck's nuts. Seems a bit more fluid than 12, in that you gather momentum the more decisive you are with your pressing.

Only played two matches and yet to put it in the net (lol) but it's bloody awesome. So glad to have it back. I somehow scratched the shit out of my 12 disc, so it's been a long 6 weeks without a fix.

Going to have dinner with a mate soon, and then put a gun to his head and get some MP action going. Oh man, so glad I pre-ordered that shit just before the long weekend too. So good.

Edit: Playing on Xbox.
Order my book Being Bi-Bi - a memoir on mental health and sexuality -here.
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

danmau5's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
< 3,368
Posts
9,440
when you go for some kind of spectacular volley, it's a bit of a lottery whether you will get onto it with the right connection or not due to this first touch system. sort of makes it more rewarding if you time it perfectly and hit it sweetly. also leaves the hefty chance of not hitting it properly and having it go in anyway. it didn't really occur to me how often in real life football they will slice it or smash it into the ground or something, whereas is previous fifas if the ball sat up you would get a good connection every time.

like the quick free kicks. like the subs warming up on the side. also like the refs playing a more intelligent advantage this time round. and like how it is so unforgiving when you take a shot on the player's non-preferred foot.
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

patrickbateman's Avatar
Joined
Jun '09
Times thanked
< 2,292
Posts
6,430
anyone else finding it really hard to score against the computer (playing on 'intermediate')? really struggling to break through their defence, i can barely even put in a cross because their fullbacks seem to be faster than my wingers (even though their stats tell me otherwise). playing my strikers through on goal doesn't work either because the centre backs catch up almost instantly and half the time i make a nice move and play a killer pass the guy knocks it straight back to the opposition with his awful first touch.

they made it way too hard to score in this one. most my games are ending 0-0. had a pretty epic penalty shootout though, beat arsenal 9-8.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post

anyone else finding it really hard to score against the computer (playing on 'intermediate')? really struggling to break through their defence, i can barely even put in a cross because their fullbacks seem to be faster than my wingers (even though their stats tell me otherwise). playing my strikers through on goal doesn't work either because the centre backs catch up almost instantly and half the time i make a nice move and play a killer pass the guy knocks it straight back to the opposition with his awful first touch.

they made it way too hard to score in this one. most my games are ending 0-0. had a pretty epic penalty shootout though, beat arsenal 9-8.

yeah i have the same problem gooners smashed me 4 -1 on the pro level looks like it is harder than this years edition.

Last edited by RaVeR_SpIkE: 16-Sep-12 at 02:34pm

danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

danmau5's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
< 3,368
Posts
9,440
na you guys are just shit
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

patrickbateman's Avatar
Joined
Jun '09
Times thanked
< 2,292
Posts
6,430
^^ i beat you 5 games in a row last time we played
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmau5 View Post

na you guys are just shit

dan shut up
Conor- +

Incorrectly using the semi colon; since 1996

Conor-'s Avatar
Joined
Aug '11
Times thanked
< 1,396
Posts
2,643

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinSane View Post

Got the demo for PC about a hour ago and have had a few matches, it plays really nicely.

First touch can be a bit unforgiving which is a good thing. No more perfect Berbatov style control when the goalie or defender rockets the ball out with their clearences to a team mate.

Love the new animations for a quick free kick. In Fifa 12 you could only do this if you got fouled and the ball was right next to you. Now if it trickles away a team mate will run towards it and nudge/pass the ball back to you so you can place it down and resume play with a quickly taken free kick.

It's the little things...

Amen. A lot of little things have changed, which adds to the experience. First touch is cool, corners are easier to score off, and overall it feels more like a passing game than a pace game
The main menu though looks like something from Fifa 08. C'mon guys...
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250
^ stop your soking over the menu
Conor- +

Incorrectly using the semi colon; since 1996

Conor-'s Avatar
Joined
Aug '11
Times thanked
< 1,396
Posts
2,643
Pffftttt. I have to find something bad in the demo, right?
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250
Ok fifa fanboys One fucked week until this sweet awesome Game is out





Last edited by RaVeR_SpIkE: 20-Sep-12 at 10:45am

Marshwah +

Playing to win

Marshwah's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
< 701
Posts
1,182
Fuck yeah.
Order my book Being Bi-Bi - a memoir on mental health and sexuality -here.
Bism +

hurrr

Bism's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 17,607
Posts
21,330
Yew
wahboy +

Registered User

wahboy's Avatar
Joined
Sep '09
Times thanked
< 97
Posts
1,105
fuck thought it was tomorrow
mxmai +

mxmai's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 33
Posts
8,541
had a first run with the demo last night.

feels pretty good so far. the first touch thing is kind of cool, although in typical FIFA style i feel like maybe it's a bit overdone (like the collisions system in 12).

one of the big things i noticed straight away is when you're not on the ball you suddenly have a lot more control over where you dude goes. you know how usually your guy just runs directly for the ball, even when you don't want him to? that's a nice (but a bit strange at first) change.

also found it pretty hard, the best i managed last night was a scoreless draw against man city. but strangely enough i've noticed that since i've started almost entirely online and never against the CPU, i've become a way better player against other humans but i generally do quite poorly against the AI. it's like you get used to expecting it to do human stuff, make human errors etc, but it never does.

pretty keen for the release though, it's looking good.
mxmai +

mxmai's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 33
Posts
8,541
oh actually one qualm which i've had for the last three releases.

why do they EVER recycle commentary from year to year? they just add some new phrases and change it a bit, but the majority is all the same from 12. i mean fuck, if you're gonna make me pay for a new game every single year, at least switch that shit up. it's the first thing to become annoying, always. and when they don't even change it, it's annoying straight away. ****s.
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

patrickbateman's Avatar
Joined
Jun '09
Times thanked
< 2,292
Posts
6,430

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxmai View Post

had a first run with the demo last night.

feels pretty good so far. the first touch thing is kind of cool, although in typical FIFA style i feel like maybe it's a bit overdone (like the collisions system in 12).

one of the big things i noticed straight away is when you're not on the ball you suddenly have a lot more control over where you dude goes. you know how usually your guy just runs directly for the ball, even when you don't want him to? that's a nice (but a bit strange at first) change.

also found it pretty hard, the best i managed last night was a scoreless draw against man city. but strangely enough i've noticed that since i've started almost entirely online and never against the CPU, i've become a way better player against other humans but i generally do quite poorly against the AI. it's like you get used to expecting it to do human stuff, make human errors etc, but it never does.

pretty keen for the release though, it's looking good.

i have the same problem... i find it really hard to break through the CPU defence but against randoms online i cut them open all game. pretty much all my goals against the computer come from shots on the edge of the box, against humans most my goals come from my wingers getting in behind their defence or one on ones with the keeper.

i can't seem to score on the counter attack against the computer because their defenders always catch up to me. the cpu defence is way too quick :\
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxmai View Post

oh actually one qualm which i've had for the last three releases.

why do they EVER recycle commentary from year to year? they just add some new phrases and change it a bit, but the majority is all the same from 12. i mean fuck, if you're gonna make me pay for a new game every single year, at least switch that shit up. it's the first thing to become annoying, always. and when they don't even change it, it's annoying straight away. ****s.

yeah the commentary hasn't change too much they really need to fix that, going be crazy on fifa this time next week
Marshwah +

Playing to win

Marshwah's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
< 701
Posts
1,182
I actually change the commentary to the B team, I'm so sick of the commentary from the A team that it's simply not worth listening to.
That or I just chuck on Soundcloud and mute. Game still shits all over everything with tunes pumping.

Agree with human vs AI - as soon as full comes out I'm never playing the computer again ('cept maybe co-op 4 player - shit is baller).

Man, it's going to be a long 7 days.
Order my book Being Bi-Bi - a memoir on mental health and sexuality -here.
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250
i think i might change it the b commentary for fifa13 and leave it there
Whitey1981 +

Ain't no stopping me.

Whitey1981's Avatar
Joined
Jul '05
Times thanked
< 2,332
Posts
16,436
I've got my copy.
See ya later shitlords.
For more information on this post, visit kotaku.com.au/tags/grand-theft-auto-v/
mxmai +

mxmai's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 33
Posts
8,541
yeah when i used to play PES i'd just set the commentary volume to zero and play with the stadium sounds only.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Hdb2's Avatar
Joined
Oct '07
Times thanked
< 2,362
Posts
7,885
b-team?!

I have the exact same problem as mxmai and PB. After playing human v human online for ages I tried a career mode but just didn't enjoy the games against the cpu, they didnt flow anywhere near as much as the games vs other humans and scoring didn't happen all that much. Got over it pretty quickly and went back to online.
20
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

danmau5's Avatar
Joined
Oct '08
Times thanked
< 3,368
Posts
9,440
I like playing against humans. real humans, not some strange Asian kid on the other end of the telephone line.

when I'm defending down the wing against someone faster than me (against human), I will often leave a giant gap coming inside that they will always take, and they won't realise that I'm holding R1 down for extra cover and then they are cactus, because I've now blocked off the wing and the centre. the CPU wouldn't fall for that shit, it'll just blast me down the line.
I also like being able to predict what your friends are going to do before they do it (ie certain turns/tackles). my favourite goals are the ones where my friends know exactly what I am going to do, but they are powerless to stop it happening.

also, fuck you whitey
RaVeR_SpIkE +

Yeah Baby 500Gb Internet Fuck Yes

RaVeR_SpIkE's Avatar
Joined
Jun '07
Times thanked
< 3,595
Posts
7,250
FIFA 13 WEEK HAS ARRIVED 4 DAYS TO GO FUCK YEAH
Conor- +

Incorrectly using the semi colon; since 1996

Conor-'s Avatar
Joined
Aug '11
Times thanked
< 1,396
Posts
2,643
http://countingdownto.com/countdown/102272
Marshwah +

Playing to win

Marshwah's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
< 701
Posts
1,182
Yeah kind of regret pre-ordering for delivery on Friday, that's a whole extra night I'm missing out on.
Order my book Being Bi-Bi - a memoir on mental health and sexuality -here.
chegoon +

Registered User

chegoon's Avatar
Joined
May '11
Times thanked
< 1,028
Posts
2,212
delayed kick off for me, footy trip on the goldy. come at me qld bitchez
Reply

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts