Gaming, Computers, Phones, and Gadgets

GCP&G Chat: Let's Build a Goddamn Derptronics LSB1 Derpstep Machine!

Closed thread
  Tools
Marshwah +

Playing to win

Marshwah's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
< 701
Posts
1,182
Man, I wish I could read trAse's Victoria rage posts again. Actually I will, they're a rich tapestry of irrelevant shit that comes with living in a state thats claim to fame is being 2nd-best in the annual Shit Sandwich Fete.
Order my book Being Bi-Bi - a memoir on mental health and sexuality -here.
Mickstah +

"Science needs to be applied to beds"

Mickstah's Avatar
Joined
Jun '02
Times thanked
< 3,377
Posts
24,836

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_e_de View Post

You only need to turn Nova on here just to hear Gangnam Style.

I'm no sadist.
ಥ_ಥ - - - - - - - - - - - -ಠ_

"She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable."
Dean Learner
Trase Love:
O Mick you are so cool
More cooler than a dolphin
Let's hug me


Bism +

hurrr

Bism's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 17,608
Posts
21,332

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshwah View Post

Shit Sandwich Fete.

It's more of a Gala Day.
Marshwah +

Playing to win

Marshwah's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
< 701
Posts
1,182
Page sniper says boom.
Order my book Being Bi-Bi - a memoir on mental health and sexuality -here.
Gruso +

happening bunker

Gruso's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
< 16,539
Posts
33,947

Quote:

Originally Posted by trAse View Post

Ok someone's about to die. My next phone call was to the council to ask why the fuck I keep getting parking tickets in my permit zone. Apparently my application was denied because I never sent anything in. After explaining myself (talking over this fuck head that wouldn't listen), he checked his inbox and found that yes I had in fact sent everything I needed to send in months ago. I was told that it'd go to another department, but that the grace period can't be extended and I'm going to have to pay the $600 in fines... Even though he told me that yes they overlooked my original email...

Those jokers at city hall.

Don't know if anyone remembers the story about me selling my car to a dodgy dealer, who topped up the rego in my name and sold it to some trash, who proceeded to have a $200 parking fine sent to my address? Well, the parking and speeding fines kept rolling in. 7 or 8 now, totalling about a grand.

The SDRO are quite good to deal with. I ring up, they transfer each fine back to the dealer and send me a letter saying it's not my problem. I'm expecting a few more to roll in before it's all done. I wish I could see the face of the feral who thought it was the perfect crime.
Marshwah +

Playing to win

Marshwah's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
< 701
Posts
1,182

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

I ring up, they transfer each fine back to the dealer and send me a letter saying it's not my problem.

Those letters sound like Pokemon.

Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all.
Order my book Being Bi-Bi - a memoir on mental health and sexuality -here.
Bracko +

tOuCh.iT

Bracko's Avatar
Joined
Apr '02
Times thanked
< 2,001
Posts
39,213

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Rainbow View Post

If that happened to me, I would not pay the fines.
If it was me on the phone i'd argue in circles until they took action for their failure.

I most always get what i want when i put my angry face on


then the fine doubles, goes to a debt collector and you can't renew your license.

you've got a pretty good case to get them revoked though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post

well done sofu, perhaps your most offensive post yet!

Bism +

hurrr

Bism's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 17,608
Posts
21,332

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshwah View Post

Those letters sound like Pokemon.

Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all.

Let's talk about the ways in which Google+ has disappointed me.
Griggle +

If it is prophylactic and emphatically didactic, then it's not tactic."

Griggle's Avatar
Joined
May '02
Times thanked
< 1,726
Posts
8,726

Quote:

Originally Posted by trAse View Post

Ok someone's about to die. My next phone call was to the council to ask why the fuck I keep getting parking tickets in my permit zone. Apparently my application was denied because I never sent anything in. After explaining myself (talking over this fuck head that wouldn't listen), he checked his inbox and found that yes I had in fact sent everything I needed to send in months ago. I was told that it'd go to another department, but that the grace period can't be extended and I'm going to have to pay the $600 in fines... Even though he told me that yes they overlooked my original email...

All fines collection are just debt collecting agencies. Ring the consumer protection ombudsman. See if they can go kick in heads for you.

If you can't get public servants to fight other public servants for you, what on earth do we pay tax for anyway?

If they are really concerned about the lost revenue, perhaps they could televise the ensuing knife fight.
Broadband speeds will always be lower under a Coalition Government.
Gruso +

happening bunker

Gruso's Avatar
Joined
Aug '04
Times thanked
< 16,539
Posts
33,947

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshwah View Post

Those letters sound like Pokemon.

Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all.

Indeed, last night I paired up all the fines with the letters that cancel them. There's one fine without a letter, and vice versa. Must. Complete. Set.
Marshwah +

Playing to win

Marshwah's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
< 701
Posts
1,182

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Let's talk about the ways in which Google+ has disappointed me.

Oh man, it's like you pre-empted my Facebook status update. GG.
Order my book Being Bi-Bi - a memoir on mental health and sexuality -here.
Mickstah +

"Science needs to be applied to beds"

Mickstah's Avatar
Joined
Jun '02
Times thanked
< 3,377
Posts
24,836
Wait, Facebook is still a thing?
ಥ_ಥ - - - - - - - - - - - -ಠ_

"She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable."
Dean Learner
Trase Love:
O Mick you are so cool
More cooler than a dolphin
Let's hug me


RunningWithScissors +

THE KING OF THE NORTH

RunningWithScissors's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
< 18,637
Posts
24,457

Quote:

Originally Posted by trAse View Post

Oh man, Myki card 'blocked' top it up with $50, still blocked and have to talk my way out of getting a fine this morning.
Call them up.... It was overdrawn by 60c, so they blocked it, but still let me top it up. Only process is to send it in, wait 21 days, and get it back. In the mean time I have to buy ANOTHER Myki for $10 and put more money on that. Would not have happened if I didn't give into the website hassling me to auto-topup and just did it ad hoc at 7-11. So sour right now, some young girl on the other end of the phone just got called a ****

lol myki sounds terrible

gocards in brisbane just make you pay a $10 refundable deposit when you get the card then when you overdraw all that happens is it won't let you touch on until you get it back in the black

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Rainbow View Post

If that happened to me, I would not pay the fines.

yeah i'm a mate not a lawyer but i'd take that shit to court

but whoever it was who used the magic "ombudsman" word is probably smarter than me
THE COOLEST HOBBY
RunningWithScissors +

THE KING OF THE NORTH

RunningWithScissors's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
< 18,637
Posts
24,457

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickstah View Post

Wait, Facebook is still a thing?

lol mick do you still work in websites

do your clients enjoy getting left behind by insufficient facebook integration
THE COOLEST HOBBY
big eddie +

Got soju?

big eddie's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
< 15,232
Posts
49,763

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

lol myki sounds terrible

gocards in brisbane just make you pay a $10 refundable deposit when you get the card then when you overdraw all that happens is it won't let you touch on until you get it back in the black

It's something to do with the auto-topup facility, because I've had mine go into the red plenty of times and its never been locked before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

Morphee +

Everybody recognise rastaman to show them some knowledge

Morphee's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 3,987
Posts
16,626

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

It's something to do with the auto-topup facility, because I've had mine go into the red plenty of times and its never been locked before.

When down in Melb someone was complaining about how they got their card cancelled and some shit and to be fair, I wasnt really listening as I didnt pay so fuck authority.

Media Player
Fuck Authority - Pennywise - YouTube

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZA View Post

hiphop mixing is where its at. 30 second snippets. 100+ tracks an hour. just scratch the shit out of a record between em and smash the cross fader like OJ treats a white girl.

big eddie +

Got soju?

big eddie's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
< 15,232
Posts
49,763

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshwah View Post

Oh man, it's like you pre-empted my Facebook status update. GG.

The borders on Google+ and Gmail are different - it changes the offset of the menus when you click between them. That is really shitty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

Marshwah +

Playing to win

Marshwah's Avatar
Joined
Aug '08
Times thanked
< 701
Posts
1,182

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

lol mick do you still work in websites

do your clients enjoy getting left behind by insufficient facebook integration

Social-scraping and cross-platform synergies all up in this business.
Order my book Being Bi-Bi - a memoir on mental health and sexuality -here.
Mickstah +

"Science needs to be applied to beds"

Mickstah's Avatar
Joined
Jun '02
Times thanked
< 3,377
Posts
24,836

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

lol mick do you still work in websites

do your clients enjoy getting left behind by insufficient facebook integration

Facebook login api is one thing, facebook walled garden comments system is a whole other bag of fail.
ಥ_ಥ - - - - - - - - - - - -ಠ_

"She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable."
Dean Learner
Trase Love:
O Mick you are so cool
More cooler than a dolphin
Let's hug me


JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

JustinJ's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 3,514
Posts
10,943
Oh Brisbane and Melbourne have GoCards and MyKi? That must be nice.

That shit was invented in North Ryde but we're not using it because fuck-knows why and we're still using tickets.
RunningWithScissors +

THE KING OF THE NORTH

RunningWithScissors's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
< 18,637
Posts
24,457

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinJ View Post

we're not using it because fuck-knows why and we're still using tickets.

Bracko pls tell us more :allears:
RunningWithScissors +

THE KING OF THE NORTH

RunningWithScissors's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
< 18,637
Posts
24,457
Also, North Ryde what? According to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, the tech was developed in DE/NL and operated by a company from US

Edit: also Sydney has company, of all the state/territory capitals there's also Darwin that doesn't have smartcards. Lol
RunningWithScissors +

THE KING OF THE NORTH

RunningWithScissors's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
< 18,637
Posts
24,457

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshwah View Post

Social-scraping and cross-platform synergies all up in this business.

Social wiping
JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

JustinJ's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 3,514
Posts
10,943

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

Also, North Ryde what? According to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, the tech was developed in DE/NL and operated by a company from US

afaik, the technology for the Oyster card in London and Octopus in HK was invented/developed/created by a company in North Ryde.

Correct?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

Edit: also Sydney has company, of all the state/territory capitals there's also Darwin that doesn't have smartcards. Lol

Fuck.
RunningWithScissors +

THE KING OF THE NORTH

RunningWithScissors's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
< 18,637
Posts
24,457
yeah in darwin's case it's because "got a fiver for me smartcard" wouldn't work as well as "got a dolla for da bus"
silverspoon +

new and improved!

silverspoon's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 1,508
Posts
6,350

Quote:

Originally Posted by trAse View Post

Ok someone's about to die. My next phone call was to the council to ask why the fuck I keep getting parking tickets in my permit zone. Apparently my application was denied because I never sent anything in. After explaining myself (talking over this fuck head that wouldn't listen), he checked his inbox and found that yes I had in fact sent everything I needed to send in months ago. I was told that it'd go to another department, but that the grace period can't be extended and I'm going to have to pay the $600 in fines... Even though he told me that yes they overlooked my original email...

@3AWNeilMitchell that shit.

Council will soil themselves.
red is the new blu
big eddie +

Got soju?

big eddie's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
< 15,232
Posts
49,763

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinJ View Post

afaik, the technology for the Oyster card in London and Octopus in HK was invented/developed/created by a company in North Ryde.

Octopus card tech company was (is) headquarters in Melbourne, which is why there was a stink when the contract for developing a NEW system(myki) went to KAMCO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

Bism +

hurrr

Bism's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 17,608
Posts
21,332
nenenenenenenene FACTS GUY
Morphee +

Everybody recognise rastaman to show them some knowledge

Morphee's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 3,987
Posts
16,626
Edwardpedia

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZA View Post

hiphop mixing is where its at. 30 second snippets. 100+ tracks an hour. just scratch the shit out of a record between em and smash the cross fader like OJ treats a white girl.

Bism +

hurrr

Bism's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 17,608
Posts
21,332
Encarted

Edcyclopedia Bigdataca

Splunk & Wagnalls
MadMike +

neutralizzare gli uomini di guardia

MadMike's Avatar
Joined
Mar '01
Times thanked
< 3,672
Posts
16,175
Edwardpenishands.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|
kasper_flip +

;_;

kasper_flip's Avatar
Joined
Aug '05
Times thanked
< 2,192
Posts
4,076
Edcarta.
Bism +

hurrr

Bism's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 17,608
Posts
21,332
Damn it.
JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

JustinJ's Avatar
Joined
Mar '04
Times thanked
< 3,514
Posts
10,943
magna_edcarta

If Eddie went and did law.

Spoiler:
magna = 'great'. Close enough to 'big'.

Magna Carta is a thing.

Spoiler:
I thought that was pretty clever.
Spoiler:

Last edited by JustinJ: 18-Sep-12 at 08:34pm

Kiron +

Mess with the best, Die like the rest!

Kiron's Avatar
Joined
Aug '07
Times thanked
< 353
Posts
4,317

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

Octopus card tech company was (is) headquarters in Melbourne, which is why there was a stink when the contract for developing a NEW system(myki) went to KAMCO.

Wait wait, Melbourne could have had fucking Octopus card over Myki?

Who was the retard that made that decision?
Yak, yak, yak. Get a job
Kiron22 << Add me to Last.fm bitches so we can Hipster it up together
__Milko__ +

R O T H Newwwwtonnnn

__Milko__'s Avatar
Joined
Sep '11
Times thanked
< 1,525
Posts
5,381
KAMCO dudes are in my building with Vline guyses, i like the way some of the Kamco dudes wear steel capped boots as if they're train drivers.
silverspoon +

new and improved!

silverspoon's Avatar
Joined
Feb '03
Times thanked
< 1,508
Posts
6,350
Back when their were just first starting to roll out the Myki infrastructure, I had a bit to do with one of their tech guys. You would have thought he'd be rolling around a fully kitted out tradie van, like the telstra ones.

Nope. He had a clapped out old falcon sedan, with the back seat strewn with his tools, myki readers and cards just thrown everywhere.

It was about this time I figured myki wasn't going to go smoothly.
red is the new blu
big eddie +

Got soju?

big eddie's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
< 15,232
Posts
49,763
I was working for the joint that was managing the infrastructure for their development environment and general backend [outsourced/managed services]. I could not believe some of the deadshits I had to deal with, it was next level bad.

All in all though, I've never really had any problems with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

RunningWithScissors +

THE KING OF THE NORTH

RunningWithScissors's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
< 18,637
Posts
24,457

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverspoon View Post

Back when their were just first starting to roll out the Myki infrastructure, I had a bit to do with one of their tech guys. You would have thought he'd be rolling around a fully kitted out tradie van, like the telstra ones.

Nope. He had a clapped out old falcon sedan, with the back seat strewn with his tools, myki readers and cards just thrown everywhere.

It was about this time I figured myki wasn't going to go smoothly.

"had a bit to do with" = made fun of his layered music in GCP&G?
THE COOLEST HOBBY
Netizens +

riding the wave

Netizens's Avatar
Joined
Aug '12
Times thanked
< 30
Posts
16
Media Player
元首Rap:江南Style Gangnam Style from Hitler - YouTube
● ● INTHEMIX K-POP CREW ● ● BESTEST BUDS 4 LYF ● ●
~ Astro-Boy ~ big eddie ~ Bism ~ Dubz ~ jaebles ~ JustinJ ~ MadMike ~ meldavid ~
~ Mickstah ~ Netizens ~ smorchika ~ TRZ-ARA ~ Zer0Cool ~
and you?
RunningWithScissors +

THE KING OF THE NORTH

RunningWithScissors's Avatar
Joined
Apr '07
Times thanked
< 18,637
Posts
24,457
> Netizens commented

wait now that I've hit 10k does that mean I have to do a bushy and roll a new toon
THE COOLEST HOBBY
big eddie +

Got soju?

big eddie's Avatar
Joined
Jan '03
Times thanked
< 15,232
Posts
49,763
That. Is. Brilliant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

gotamangina +

o.O

gotamangina's Avatar
Joined
May '07
Times thanked
< 8,796
Posts
11,030
I feel like I just watched a Rammstein video.
V-Tron +

hmmm

V-Tron's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 2,676
Posts
5,665

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMike View Post

Edwardpenishands.

*cricket chirping*
"It was like he was being given a tabasco enema."
Mickstah +

"Science needs to be applied to beds"

Mickstah's Avatar
Joined
Jun '02
Times thanked
< 3,377
Posts
24,836
The heil!!
ಥ_ಥ - - - - - - - - - - - -ಠ_

"She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable."
Dean Learner
Trase Love:
O Mick you are so cool
More cooler than a dolphin
Let's hug me


seanious +

sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2 sc2

seanious's Avatar
Joined
Jan '09
Times thanked
< 503
Posts
3,821
I logged in on my iPood to like that, that was some funny shit
latest track
diarx +

mctte

diarx's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 3,498
Posts
13,972

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post


wait now that I've hit 10k does that mean I have to do a bushy and roll a new toon

You should re-roll Pessimistic Hater, playing Humorous Goofball is EZmode
Bism +

hurrr

Bism's Avatar
Joined
Mar '08
Times thanked
< 17,608
Posts
21,332
Seriously question, do you really see yourself as a humorous goofball?

Spoiler:
Don't make a mum joke out of that.
Bushy +

Registered User

Bushy's Avatar
Joined
Nov '02
Times thanked
< 93
Posts
9,198
Posting to see how far off 10k I am.
diarx +

mctte

diarx's Avatar
Joined
Feb '06
Times thanked
< 3,498
Posts
13,972

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bism View Post

Seriously question, do you really see yourself as a humorous goofball?

Spoiler:
Don't make a mum joke out of that.

Dammit.

err.. You go girl?

Spoiler:
But in answer to your question, I see myself as neither.
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Posting Rules

+
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts