Sport and Fitness

AFL season 2012

Closed thread
  Tools
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,844
That's a good point - I too would fly interstate to see the Bombers in a prelim.
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 12,054
you dont have to pay for the train when you are going to the footy, i just dont like going that far west
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,657

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanBuurenisGod View Post

1. Nothing to do with being a true fan, that wasn't what I was insinuating.

But I would pay a stack of $$$ to see the Bombers in a prelim. Ah the glory days...

2. Thankfully I pay for the privilege of being an MCC member and have free access to every final at the MCG.

1. Nah I know, it was more a pre-emptive strike on my behalf. Wasn't said with anger or annoyance.

2. I'm an SCG member so maybe I'm just feeling like ANZ thieved what is rightfully ours ha ha.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,657

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancho View Post

Prices are pretty expensive for sure, but id pay it and more to see the Pies in a prelim.

Was having this conversation with a mate on the weekend and we both agreed major sporting events is the one this we would fork out a lot for and to sit in decent seats.

VBG you're a lucky ****. Id be at the footy every weekend with MCC membership.

Geezah, stop being a tightarse.

Can't help it mate, come from a long line of MacFrugals.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,657

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

I dunno dude, its pretty easy to put $70 up the wall on a weeknight at the pub. Prelims are once a year and with fuck all guarantee that your team will be in the next one.

If It was the Essendon playing Sydney, I'd be hopping on the plane without a doubt.

As for travel costs - come on, you're not seriously bitching about the cost of a train ticket are you?

Nah not really, I think the return trip is free anyway. Maybe a cab if you have a beer in the city afterwards, it's more about food and beer at the game.

I think my main gripe is I can't really afford it at the mo cause of a few other things and I was expecting it to be a bit cheaper. I'm probably going to cheaps at my bruv's place.

Now you khunts are making me feel bad. Thanks a lot. Ha ha ha.
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 15,463
If you want to bitch about the cost of shit beer at the football though, I am behind you 100%.

Carlton own Matilda bay & Lion own James Squires, so I should at a minimum be able to get Fat Yak or Nine Lashes at the football imo, we're talking basic human rights stuff, not having to drink macro lagers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

airconteka +

Times thanked
< 12,054
pro tip: get drunk on decent beer before game, macro swill is less offensive then
gravyishot +

this stupid facebook bar at the bottom is for ****s

Times thanked
< 805

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post

Best? Or "ruck's the entire game"?

Oh wait, whats clearance differential? Hitouts to advantage/clearances?

Differential is the net clearance difference between your team and the opponents. Gross clearances can be misleading because some sides (like Sydney under Roos or Ross Lyon's sides) play a lock down style of game with heaps of ruck contests. Net clearances shows how many times you beat your opponent in that stat.

Adelaide, who play a very similar game style to Geelong 2007-2011, are number one in both stats. Heaps of clearance wins in total and net clearances. Jacobs was dudded.

And funnily enough, for AFLCA votes, the highest ranking ruckman was Aaron Sandilands (and I would not be surprised if he was the top two Brownlow vote polling ruckmen either).

One or the other was fine, but both Naitanui AND Cox was bullshit.

Last edited by gravyishot: 19-Sep-12 at 10:05pm

gravyishot +

Times thanked
< 805

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezah View Post

Where do you get those ruck stats gravy?

Herald Sun have the differentials and AFL.com.au have the totals.

Adelaide had a phenomenal year through the middle and their main ruckman should have been rewarded because he was fantastic as well. Rewarding two ruckmen with a good yet not amazing year from the same side whose midfield was pedestrian at best ... is bullshit.

Last edited by gravyishot: 19-Sep-12 at 10:05pm

JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

Times thanked
< 3,525
This would be my first finals game.

My concession thingy is valid until the end of the year (I've just finished uni - gotta exploit this shit), so for me it's around $50, and yeah public transport is included in the ticket.

I bought a six-pack of Beez Neez the other day and only had one so far. This will be rectified on Friday afternoon/early evening.

Spoiler:
Probably only gonna have one or two coz.....you know......lolalcoholsplints...
gravyishot +

Times thanked
< 805

Quote:

Have they ever had an AFL final at SA?

If you mean prelim, 2006. Sydney vs Freo. Would have gone if in the country.

I reckon it's bullshit that Sydney don't get finals at SCG anymore. SA is Waverley mkII.
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 15,463

Quote:

Originally Posted by airconteka View Post

pro tip: get drunk on decent beer before game, macro swill is less offensive then

If we continue to accept it shit will never change.

Quote:

airconteka +

Times thanked
< 12,054
start a facebook page then malcom xxxx
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 15,463
I make shit happen by sowing the seeds of discontent. Not by clicktivism.

Quote:

gravyishot +

Times thanked
< 805
nothing wrong with carlton draught or any footy fare. had a hotdog at the rugby league a couple of weeks back, yes i had stabbing pains in the abdomen at work the next day, but it was the best hotdog i've had for a decade.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,657

Quote:

If you want to bitch about the cost of shit beer at the football though, I am behind you 100%.

Carlton own Matilda bay & Lion own James Squires, so I should at a minimum be able to get Fat Yak or Nine Lashes at the football imo, we're talking basic human rights stuff, not having to drink macro lagers.

Yeah, can't be that hard. They'll do it one day, and charge twice the price of "session" beer.

Spoiler:
I actually don't mind Carlton Draught.
Spoiler:
That's not even a joke.
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,659
You can only drink what's in front of you. One beer at a time. Head over the plastic cup, 110%.

Full credit to the boys beers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heraclitus

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

gravyishot +

Times thanked
< 805
geezah, when you go to a semi final between Geelong and Freo, coming down and hungover, from some absurd decision to drink ed hardy vodka while on the jangers - and after spewing in the middle of the high street in kensington at that! - the sweet manna from heaven that is carlton draught satiates all desires, cures all pain, even as you see your side get demolished 12 odd goals. who cares - you have beer.

Last edited by gravyishot: 19-Sep-12 at 10:17pm

JustinJ +

Times thanked
< 3,525
They do have a pretty awesome ad agency working for them.

Speaking of ads - I have this desire to cause grievous bodily harm to the dude wanting to be in the 'Top 10 emerging dot coms.....globally' for some unknown reason everytime that comes on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro-Boy View Post

You can only drink what's in front of you. One beer at a time. Head over the plastic cup, 110%.

Full credit to the boys beers.

Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,325
Speaking of then pricing of the tickets I nominated for the GF ballot. Ticket prices range from $110 for standing to like $400 for premium. The way the ballot works is they give me a ticket out of what's available and I pay for it. If the Swans make the GF I'd be more than willing to pay the max to see them.
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 15,463

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravyishot View Post

geezah, when you go to a semi final between Geelong and Freo, coming down and hungover, from some absurd decision to drink ed hardy vodka - and after spewing in the middle of kensington at that! - the sweet manna from heaven that is carlton draught satiates all desires, cures all pain, even as you see your side get demolished 12 odd goals. who cares - you have beer.

Anzac day at the G one year, think it was '04? so wretchedly hungover I could barely stand - I think it was after the 4th schooner I started feeling human, they were probably the best carlton draughts I'd ever drunk.

Quote:

Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,659
And if you get a ticket and the pies are in the GF, you can sell it for 2-3 times it's face value.

Quote:

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,659

Quote:

Anzac day at the G one year, think it was '04? so wretchedly hungover I could barely stand - I think it was after the 4th schooner I started feeling human, they were probably the best carlton draughts I'd ever drunk.

We gotta go to the ANZAC game next season, I'll finally have some chest lettuce to wear.

Quote:

gravyishot +

Times thanked
< 805

Quote:

They're great in the worst situations.

Went to a St Kilda vs Collingwood match in 2011, was bemused by the awful women there to say the least. Smashed about 15 CDs there to cope with being surrounded by degenerates, met up with some mates at a trendy bar in North Melbourne after the game, had my first Rekorderlig - had such a headache I wanted to take a hammer to my head.

Trust in Carlton. Fuck trendy ciders.
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,325

Quote:

And if you get a ticket and the pies are in the GF, you can sell it for 2-3 times it's face value.

Doesn't work that way pal, we only get the tickets if our team is in the GF.
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 15,463

Quote:

They're great in the worst situations.

Went to a St Kilda vs Collingwood match in 2011, was bemused by the awful women there to say the least. Smashed about 15 CDs there to cope with being surrounded by degenerates, met up with some mates at a trendy bar in North Melbourne after the game, had my first Rekorderlig - had such a headache I wanted to take a hammer to my head.

Trust in Carlton. Fuck trendy ciders.

I work on a triage system for carlton.

Quote:

Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,659

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

Ah, I see.

Quote:

gravyishot +

Times thanked
< 805

Quote:

I work on a triage system for carlton.

Me too. That club is fucked, put them down.
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,844

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezah View Post

Nah not really, I think the return trip is free anyway. Maybe a cab if you have a beer in the city afterwards, it's more about food and beer at the game.

I think my main gripe is I can't really afford it at the mo cause of a few other things and I was expecting it to be a bit cheaper. I'm probably going to cheaps at my bruv's place.

Now you khunts are making me feel bad. Thanks a lot. Ha ha ha.

Mate, every supporter of every team deserves to see their team play in a prelim or a grand final.

If you are short of cash, I will wire you $20 to help you get to the game. Srs.
"My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence"

#BRTG
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,844

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict View Post

I get to go to the grand final no matter who is playing.

"My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence"

#BRTG
Aydo +

play from your fucking heart

Times thanked
< 43
In the UK you pay 60quid to see a 0-0 slogfest between blackburn and stoke. I'd happily pay $80 here to see 2 hours of cracking footy.

And carlton at the footy is heaven these days... fucking mid-strength is all you can get! bullshit!
VanBuurenisGod +

BRTG

Times thanked
< 2,844
yeah i paid over 100 squid to see liverpool snooze it up with birmingham 5 years ago 0-0 (40 squid for the tcket in the kop, 60 squid for the train ride)

#BRTG
gravyishot +

Times thanked
< 805
Years ago a mate said to me that if you want Sydneysiders to be nuts about footy, you have to put it in a stadium where the capacity is 2000, the ticket price is $20 and the tickets are distributed by word of mouth. Then it would be the most popular sport in town.
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 12,054
Was your mate retarded?
Unspoilt by Progress
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,657

Quote:

Mate, every supporter of every team deserves to see their team play in a prelim or a grand final.

If you are short of cash, I will wire you $20 to help you get to the game. Srs.

I feel like little Timmy stuck down the well.

Thanks for the offer but you have now shamed me into finding that $70.

Spoiler:
I'll just have to go without my whores and blow this week.
Spoiler:
Thanks arsehole.
Spoiler:
Jokes. I'm the arsehole. Missing a prelim pffffft!
Media Player
Denis Leary - Asshole (Uncensored Version) - YouTube

Cheers.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,657

Quote:

Years ago a mate said to me that if you want Sydneysiders to be nuts about footy, you have to put it in a stadium where the capacity is 2000, the ticket price is $20 and the tickets are distributed by word of mouth. Then it would be the most popular sport in town.

There's a bit of truth in that. Like, not a lot, but a bit.

Sydney is League central. Also Union, up until recently, was pretty big. Both had about a century's worth of stranglehold on imagination-capture way before Aussie Rules entered the bout.

I think, unless the weather is shocking, most Swans games will crack 20k forevermore: the SCG is at the centre of Sydders pretty much, and it allows all of Sydney to (other than the ring-ins GWS) barrack for a team rather than little pockets of suburban tribal warfare that League markets itself on, and there is a much more conducive family vibe at Swans games.

Having said that, I was at the Saints game at the SCG a coupla months back, sitting in the members area, the ball headed towards and over the boundary at an ebbing stage of the game, the crowd was hushed, nothing much happening, when all of a sudden -

"MILNIE, YOU'RE A RAPIST"

- is belted out by some gronk. In the plebo area? No. In the member's area. Eedjut. Not so family vibe-ish. Still, a bit better than being in the Warren at Souths games if you have kids, seeing as other kids are prolly the one's yelling that kinda crap out.
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,659
To be fair to that guy though, Milne is a rapist.

Quote:

mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 254
they way i see it, i'm the one willing to hop on a plane, i'm the one willing to fork out for a hotel, why should I be so concerned about paying either $80 or $160 for a ticket to the game im travelling to? I've spent the money as it is, If I can afford that, I can afford some more for a ticket no matter the price (to an extent).

as far as the grand final is concerned, in a strange twist of fate, i'm relying obviously on sydney to make the grand final, but more so hawthorn. If they win, i'll get a ticket to the game in a corporate box through Swisse (housemate's bro is CEO). If they don't, no ticket for me. CMON HAWKS!
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,657

Quote:

To be fair to that guy though, Milne is a rapist.

Maybe. It's still not something that should be yelled out while kids are about. But point taken.

The guy actually screamed it out twice, both times it was when there was little crowd noise.
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,659
I agree 100% that it's not something that should be said in a family environment. That's why those calls are best gotten out of your system when you're watching the game at home with a skinful of cheap booze.

Quote:

Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,657

Quote:

I agree 100% that it's not something that should be said in a family environment. That's why those calls are best gotten out of your system when you're watching the game at home with a skinful of cheap booze.

Exactly. You can even chuck in a few racial and homophobic epithets too in a post-modern, ironic kinda way.
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,659
SuperCoach Paige
CONTRACT NEWS;

Collingwood have caved on their original 4 year deal to Travis Cloke, and have now offered Cloke a 5 year deal which according to industry sources he has accepted and will be announced next week.

lol.

Quote:

airconteka +

Times thanked
< 12,054

Quote:

thats where my kids all learn their good swearing from.

also i hope your team loses tonight
Derelict +

Times thanked
< 5,325

Quote:

SuperCoach Paige
CONTRACT NEWS;

Collingwood have caved on their original 4 year deal to Travis Cloke, and have now offered Cloke a 5 year deal which according to industry sources he has accepted and will be announced next week.

lol.

The fifth year is heavy on the performance clauses.
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 860
Got Silver Class tickets for tonight. Buzzing.. and a bit nervous tbh. Not really sure what to expect from the game. Have a feeling it's going to be very close

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

mattpolo8 +

on a good day...

Times thanked
< 254
Just touched down in sydney. Shit load of ugly pies fans on the flight. Didn't sleep at all last night, that nervous.
JustinJ +

Times thanked
< 3,525
Weather looking pretty grim.

Chance of showers tonight.
Pancho +

boom.

Times thanked
< 189
20% I believe.

Looking forward to it. Go you Pies

Quote:

Originally Posted by write my name

No offense brain surgeon - but what hard facts do you have that cousins has ever done a drug?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anselm

Pies genuinely no good this year

Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,659

Quote:

Originally Posted by airconteka View Post

also i hope your team loses tonight

I'll assume that was directed at Derp.

Quote:

JustinJ +

Times thanked
< 3,525
It may have been the coffee I had earlier but I'm fucking pumped/hyped.

As I've said - Pies by 2 goals after a tight close battle up until the last 4 mins. But carn you fuggin' Swannies!
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »