Tools
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,289
Oh... Alan Jones
what a nice man
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...929-26soa.html
"The talkback host told a packed room of Liberal Party members: "Every person in the caucus of the Labor Party knows that Julia Gillard is a liar, everybody. I will come to that in a moment. The old man recently died a few weeks ago of shame. To think that he has a daughter who told lies every time she stood for Parliament."
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
Bracko +

Times thanked
< 2,168
I would endorse state authorised hits if it meant I wouldn't have to hear about him again.

I've often wondered what happens in young liberal events and assumed its hardcore brainwashing and propaganda of the highest order to the future far right faction. If people like him are presenting then my assumptions are probably close to correct.
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
< 2,436
Horrible ****. On another note, how fucked do you have to be to want to attend a Young Liberals event?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

Bracko +

Times thanked
< 2,168
I used to help out with some of the uni parties so come into contact with quite a few of the SRC. You could spot the young libs a mile off... They walked around as if John Howard's shit was still stuck to their noses.

edit: he's "apologised" saying it was black parody.... I'm sorry, but how is that in any way any kind of black humour.

Last edited by Bracko: 03-Oct-12 at 12:05pm

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,015
hope that scummy **** keels over soon, I'll have a chuckle

Ray Hadley's subject to a complaint to police atm too, party at his house for school kids that resulted in drunken violence

Where were the parents?
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760
This just highlights how repugnant the right has become. What's truly amazing is that SULC's apology on Facebook is pathetically qualified. It's basically an apology that the story got out.

The real story here is not Jones, but who Liberal aspirants choose to identify with.
robin78 +

no

Times thanked
< 61
Old gay man overcompensates (again) by trying to out-alpha a room full of knuckledraggers. Pretty sad guy.
Portal +

Work that motherf#$ker

Times thanked
< 1,014
another shot in the foot for the Liberal Party..

keep em coming. Alan Jones needs to be taken off the air, the prick should be in jail
moojins +

Times thanked
< 225
That this guy has the stones to draw anyone else's credibility into question is a joke.
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Times thanked
< 572
Can we put him in a chaff bag then throw him into the ocean already?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby View Post

Needs more Prog imo.

My SoundCloud
baax +

Times thanked
< 624
Old loo lurker at his best
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
legal-affairs +

Moderator says 2.0

Times thanked
< 513

Quote:

Originally Posted by claude glass View Post

This just highlights how repugnant the right has become. What's truly amazing is that SULC's apology on Facebook is pathetically qualified. It's basically an apology that the story got out.

The real story here is not Jones, but who Liberal aspirants choose to identify with.

Turnbull had the (media smarts/basic human decency/recognition that (a) and (b) are often linked) to get out quickly with a crisp, unqualified denunciation. Even Andrew Bolt recognised yesterday that cutting Jones loose was the only feasible response.

And yet Abbott vacillated, and vacillated. It's a pretty bad place to be in when your ability to deploy basic human decency compares unfavourably to that of Andrew Bolt.
But we're fools if we sit back and stare at the ground
While the weasels and analysts sing
If we want our place in history, we can't let the frustration
Drive us to fashionable drinking again
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760

Quote:

Originally Posted by legal-affairs View Post

Turnbull had the (media smarts/basic human decency/recognition that (a) and (b) are often linked) to get out quickly with a crisp, unqualified denunciation. Even Andrew Bolt recognised yesterday that cutting Jones loose was the only feasible response.

And yet Abbott vacillated, and vacillated. It's a pretty bad place to be in when your ability to deploy basic human decency compares unfavourably to that of Andrew Bolt.

Peta Credlin obviously thinks that the right place to be.
Bracko +

Times thanked
< 2,168
advertisers are pulling out of 2GB... I also wasn't aware that Jones is an owner of the station as well.

in the end there will be a bit of heat for a while and things will return to "normal" I can't see Jones leaving the airwaves over this or anything, really.

much like Kyle and Jackie'O

edit:

here is a real sleeper in the story

Quote:

Supermarket giant Woolworths is also under fire. A jacket made out of a chaff bag, a reference to Jones' remarks, was donated to the Liberal Club dinner as an auction item by Woolworths community relations manager Simon Berger.

woolworths must be thanking christ AJ said the things that he did and totally overshadowing this abysmal error in judgement from a company that basically is free from regulatory restrictions considering a duopoly market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post

well done sofu, perhaps your most offensive post yet!

tapout +

tapout 1, utes 0.

Times thanked
< 3,314
Personally, the real story was that the Young Liberals flat out lied and said he didn't make those comments, and only changed their position once the tape came out, AJ has been forthright with calling Gillard a liar to her face, I highly doubt he'll do the same in this case.
legal-affairs +

Moderator says 2.0

Times thanked
< 513

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracko View Post

You can read a lot more about Simon Berger here:

http://simonberger.com.au/Simon%20Berger.pdf

Ringing endorsements from Mirabella, Minchin, and David Flint, amongst others.
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bracko View Post

"Supermarket giant Woolworths is also under fire. A jacket made out of a chaff bag, a reference to Jones' remarks, was donated to the Liberal Club dinner as an auction item by Woolworths community relations manager Simon Berger."

woolworths must be thanking christ AJ said the things that he did and totally overshadowing this abysmal error in judgement from a company that basically is free from regulatory restrictions considering a duopoly market.

It was him on his own apparently. He's actually "Community and Government Relations Manager" who previously worked for Brendan Nelson, so I suspect his real job was to lobby the Coalition.

This really exposes the ugly end of town.Check him out: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/simon-berger/18/887/472
liberabit +

One of these days you'll wake up dead

Times thanked
< 2,913
lols this morning at some more of his comments

Quote:

"I have been astounded at the hatred and anger and, of course, jealousy that has been dished out towards me," Jones said.

Jones said the hatred towards him stemmed recently from his opposition to the federal government and its "betrayal" of the Australian electorate.

"I don't hate anyone in politics, I hate bad policy," Jones said.

He said the "vile attacks" against him included calls that his cancer comes back and that someone should kill him.

Jones said such attacks were designed to intimidate, silence and destroy him.

thanks Mr Kettle
This is no love song and it serves no use, but if you want to sing along to some verbal abuse
It might make you feel better and it's good for the soul, take four letters and let's rock n roll
legal-affairs +

Moderator says 2.0

Times thanked
< 513

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberabit View Post

lols this morning at some more of his comments

thanks Mr Kettle

Yeah, I am trying to work out who would be jealous of him. Kyle Sandilands, perhaps? After that the list does rather thin out.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,015

Quote:

Originally Posted by legal-affairs View Post

Yeah, I am trying to work out who would be jealous of him. Kyle Sandilands, perhaps? After that the list does rather thin out.

Kyle is more of a John Laws cockslurper
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapout View Post

Personally, the real story was that the Young Liberals flat out lied and said he didn't make those comments, and only changed their position once the tape came out, AJ has been forthright with calling Gillard a liar to her face, I highly doubt he'll do the same in this case.

The real story is that the Young Libs lied, not that AJ said that Gillard caused her father to die of shame? Interesting take on matters.

I don't understand why people like AJ are allowed on the airwaves, I just don't get it. Maybe I didn't listen to the right radio stations in the UK but I never heard anyone talk like him, or Kyle or even Ray Hadley. The worst we had was Chris Moyles.

He's just an awful human being. I note that none of the sponsors have said they will never work with 2GB whilst AJ is still working there, they've just "suspended" or withdrawn" advertising, giving them a handy ability to re-engage with the station when the heat has died down.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,463
^Free speech I guess Dubz, you can't (and shouldn't) legislate against idiots like Kyle, Jones, or Hadley being on the air. However it is disappointing that some sort of general social consensus has allowed them to thrive and be seen as acceptable, and it says something not very nice about Australian culture that we've allowed that type of bullying misogynist bigot to become a staple of radio. Hopefully the recent backlashes against Kyle and now AJ put them on the nose once and for all. Personally I just don't get their appeal, I'd much rather listen to someone like Adam Spencer any day of the week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post

The real story is that the Young Libs lied, not that AJ said that Gillard caused her father to die of shame? Interesting take on matters.

I don't understand why people like AJ are allowed on the airwaves, I just don't get it. Maybe I didn't listen to the right radio stations in the UK but I never heard anyone talk like him, or Kyle or even Ray Hadley. The worst we had was Chris Moyles.

He's just an awful human being. I note that none of the sponsors have said they will never work with 2GB whilst AJ is still working there, they've just "suspended" or withdrawn" advertising, giving them a handy ability to re-engage with the station when the heat has died down.

I'm sure most of them will come back when it's all forgotten if they were getting value from their advertising spend.
Kiron +

Mess with the best, Die like the rest!

Times thanked
< 373

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post

^Free speech I guess Dubz, you can't (and shouldn't) legislate against idiots like Kyle, Jones, or Hadley being on the air. However it is disappointing that some sort of general social consensus has allowed them to thrive and be seen as acceptable, and it says something not very nice about Australian culture that we've allowed that type of bullying misogynist bigot to become a staple of radio. Hopefully the recent backlashes against Kyle and now AJ put them on the nose once and for all. Personally I just don't get their appeal, I'd much rather listen to someone like Adam Spencer any day of the week.

They talk on the level of Angry Bogans, with an air of pseudo-intellectualism which makes them sound somewhat legitimate, but at the same time being anti-intellectual so all the morons out there can rally against people who actually know what they are talking about. It's a method that News Corp and it's writers like Bolt use perfectly.

Anyone with a brain and can think logically knows they are just talking shit, those whose entire world consists of a suburb and a local shopping mall and what they see on Today Tonight and read in the Torygraph and The Ausfailian eat it up.
Yak, yak, yak. Get a job
Kiron22 << Add me to Last.fm bitches so we can Hipster it up together
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post

I believe free speech ends around the time when you start lying and abusing people on air. Both Kyle and AJ are guilty of this, so they should be sacked.

The fact that people listen to these morons is really worrying.

In the UK there's a much stronger code of conduct applied to radio and tv presenters. What do we have here? It's the ACMA or something yes? they seem to have about as much clout as the local girl guides troop.
gravyishot +

this stupid facebook bar at the bottom is for ****s

Times thanked
< 829
IMO, she's better thinking on her feet. Whoever he scriptwriter is needs to be shot.

And Alan Jones saying what he did is awesome. The derangement engineered by his ilk might finally start turning against them.
walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
Gillard and Labour are right to boycott his show, his influence is dwindling and they have absolutely nothing to gain speaking to an audience which enjoys the belligerence of Jones.

Better off going on the project or doing social media and catching the young voters that aren't trapped in this illusion that life is tough and it's all the government's fault. ABC or FBI for me, chilled out presenters. Who wants to listen to an angry old man frothing over the mic in the morning? The answer is a sad reflection of our society.
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 344
I was listening to Jones for a few minutes this morning and he was taking calls from his listeners, some of the calls were unbelievable, no one had the guts to call him out, most of them managed to blame it on Gillard or make her seem like the villain. One lady called from Melbourne and said that her and her friends all support him - support him how? Do you agree that her old man died of shame? Fuck me, I know that these people are fucking morons for lapping up his shit, but there is no way he is going away, his ratings will rise and the advertisers will come back.
"...and I know that I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with. And I know that given the choice I probably wouldn't have chosen you as friends but I just wanna say that over the years I've come to regard you as........ people I met."
- Arnold Rimmer, Red Dwarf.
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravyishot View Post

IMO, she's better thinking on her feet. Whoever he scriptwriter is needs to be shot.

And Alan Jones saying what he did is awesome. The derangement engineered by his ilk might finally start turning against them.

Yep, she always spoke slowly but speaks more slowly now than ever, and the content is incredibly simplistic. It seems to be an attempt at a least risk strategy but it doesn't work.

And yes, hats off to the sneaky reporter infiltrating that bunch of jerks.
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760

Quote:

I believe free speech ends around the time when you start lying and abusing people on air. Both Kyle and AJ are guilty of this, so they should be sacked.

The fact that people listen to these morons is really worrying.

In the UK there's a much stronger code of conduct applied to radio and tv presenters. What do we have here? It's the ACMA or something yes? they seem to have about as much clout as the local girl guides troop.

Well they have pinged 2GB for his lies about climate change but they are pretty toothless by and large. Don't ever forget that except for national broadcasters, broadcast media is just content for selling stuff, and in the case of shock jocks the content is often selling stuff.

But the real issue here is the blurring of political lines with the conservatives. Andrew Bolt and Alan Jones etc actively lobbying against the ALP and the Greens, supporting anti-climate nutjobs and being absolutely partisan, while the Coalition engages in the negative hate politics that was once the reserve of the shock jocks. I think this is thing that matters, and hopefully it's unravelling.
CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
< 1,386

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonrob View Post

I was listening to Jones for a few minutes this morning and he was taking calls from his listeners, some of the calls were unbelievable, no one had the guts to call him out, most of them managed to blame it on Gillard or make her seem like the villain. One lady called from Melbourne and said that her and her friends all support him - support him how? Do you agree that her old man died of shame? Fuck me, I know that these people are fucking morons for lapping up his shit, but there is no way he is going away, his ratings will rise and the advertisers will come back.

well, when new listeners keep tuning in, ratings go up. You cant really blame the advertisers....
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 278

Quote:

And yes, hats off to the sneaky reporter infiltrating that bunch of jerks.

^ bit of a generalisation don't you think?

anyway, 2GB is like the Fox News of Sydney radio. Every host has a consistent opinion on all the big political topics, that are invariably in-line with Singo’s own personal views. Jones is just the most powerful and articulate of the bunch.
Come with us back to those inglorious days when heroes weren't zeros. Before fair was square. When the cavalry came straight away and all-American men were like Hemingway to the days of the wondrous B movie. Gil Scott-Heron
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760

Quote:

Originally Posted by trist View Post

Well there were definitely sufficient jerks in that group for me to say bunch of jerks with confidence.

I find this all incredibly juvenile. I find the behaviour of many of the Coalition to be completely juvenile. This is all we get, time after time after time. I think it's in the process of backfiring. I really hope it is.
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

Times thanked
< 47

The SMH pic selection of the AJ apology is pretty awesome.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,707

Quote:

Did you see or hear any admonishment of Jones by the SULC? I didn't.

---

Anyway I don't know why people get riled up by Jones, Smith, Hadley et al. I find them kinda funny in a pathetically white elitest old angry man kinda way.

That a small minority of Australians lap up their shit is always going to happen when there are people who always want to feel like victims.

I believe in free speech also: this means affording that right to scumbags as well. I do wish they'd get called out a little more on their emotionally charged anti-scientific climate change rants though.
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezah View Post

---

Anyway I don't know why people get riled up by Jones, Smith, Hadley et al. I find them kinda funny in a pathetically white elitest old angry man kinda way.

That a small minority of Australians lap up their shit is always going to happen when there are people who always want to feel like a victim.

I'm half with you and half not with you re this comment. I think there is a general fed-upness and perhaps we have a sufficiently enough engaged community that now wants to see us lift our game. That has to be a good thing if we want our culture to improve. This is perhaps a good social media thing, that we can actually form groups that result in action being taken.

For example, there is now really no other way to attack climate science other than being deceitful or ignorant. Getting rid of these types of people from influence helps us make better decisions as a community. So while this may have actually helped work against these ratbag conservatives I'm all for getting rid of him.
Bracko +

Times thanked
< 2,168

Quote:

AJ owns part of 2GB, so it might be a little hard to sack him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristan View Post

well done sofu, perhaps your most offensive post yet!

Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,707

Quote:

I'm half with you and half not with you re this comment. I think there is a general fed-upness and perhaps we have a sufficiently enough engaged community that now wants to see us lift our game. That has to be a good thing if we want our culture to improve. This is perhaps a good social media thing, that we can actually form groups that result in action being taken.

For example, there is now really no other way to attack climate science other than being deceitful or ignorant. Getting rid of these types of people from influence helps us make better decisions as a community. So while this may have actually helped work against these ratbag conservatives I'm all for getting rid of him.

I wouldn't mind the shock jocks having less alleged influence but there will always be sections of the community who love to be outraged otherwise shock jocks would be talking about more positive stuff. And if they were talking about positive stuff then they probably cease to become shock jocks. There are people who always want to feel irrational anger at something otherwise shows like ACA and TT would cease to exist also. I say irrational anger because you can lay down some cash that these people aren't anywhere near as hard-off as they claim to be. It's not homeless people and battered women who listen to and call through to these shows imo.

I still don't like the semi-authoritarian instincts of some on the left (matched by certain segments of the right of course) who say they believe in free speech yet hypocritically find excuses to want to crush speech they don't like.

The fact is that shock jocks and their audiences are louder than the rest of us doesn't negate the fact that, even in their totality, they are still only a small minority of the population.
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 278

Quote:

I still don't like the semi-authoritarian instincts of some on the left (matched by certain segments of the right of course) who say they believe in free speech yet hypocritically find excuses to want to crush speech they don't like.

Authoritarian instincts are deeply rooted in the history of the ALP, and it is still a strong thread.
Come with us back to those inglorious days when heroes weren't zeros. Before fair was square. When the cavalry came straight away and all-American men were like Hemingway to the days of the wondrous B movie. Gil Scott-Heron
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

---

That a small minority of Australians lap up their shit is always going to happen when there are people who always want to feel like victims.

I believe in free speech also: this means affording that right to scumbags as well. I do wish they'd get called out a little more on their emotionally charged anti-scientific climate change rants though.

As I mentioned, free speech shouldn't extend to lying and abuse. No-one should have the right to lie to people, especially when they're in an official capacity whether it's politician, tv host or shock jock.
claude glass +

Times thanked
< 760

Quote:

Who, and in what cases? I don't see this as a particularly leftist thing anymore, and I'm not sure it's ever been that way in Australia anyway.
CircusMidget +

De plane! De plane!

Times thanked
< 1,386
how can AJ be classified as free speech, when advertisers pay him?
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Who, and in what cases? I don't see this as a particularly leftist thing anymore, and I'm not sure it's ever been that way in Australia anyway.

Same here. I've never noticed the left wanting to crush free speech, however they do seem to be a bit against people abusing other people who don't deserve it and lying about stuff.

The amount of hypocrisy going on is astonishing, Abbott is complaining that Labor blame him for everything that goes wrong when that's what he does to Gillard/Labor, and Rudd is saying AJ suffers from delusions of grandeur.

How can these people lack any sense of self-awareness?
Dubz +

guardian of ITM

Times thanked
< 573

Quote:

Originally Posted by CircusMidget View Post

how can AJ be classified as free speech, when advertisers pay him?

Is that a joke or do you not actually get what is meant by free speech?
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
< 6,463
^I'm pretty sure that was a joke, dude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

liberabit +

One of these days you'll wake up dead

Times thanked
< 2,913
has CircusMidget ever said anything serious?
This is no love song and it serves no use, but if you want to sing along to some verbal abuse
It might make you feel better and it's good for the soul, take four letters and let's rock n roll
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,707

Quote:

Authoritarian instincts are deeply rooted in the history of the ALP, and it is still a strong thread.

It's deeply rooted in the Liberal Party too dude. And it's still there. Ain't no Labor Party exclusivity when it comes to hypocrisy when talking about freedom and free speech.
Geezah +

Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrghh

Times thanked
< 1,707

Quote:

The uni dude who organised the anti-2GB advertising Facebook petition said his ultimate goal was to get Jones banned. There are plenty of instances where people on both the left and the right (which I pointed out) have no qualms in trying to ban or silence free speech that they don't agree with, yet get outraged when attempts are made on their rights.

The recent Twitter irruption had commentators on both the left and the right, in unison, calling for all kinds of infringements on free speech.
trist +

too many years on ITM

Times thanked
< 278

Quote:

It's deeply rooted in the Liberal Party too dude. And it's still there. Ain't no Labor Party exclusivity when it comes to hypocrisy when talking about freedom and free speech.

Yeah I tend to agree, they are pretty similar when it comes to the protection of free speech. I suppose I was referring more to other forms of authoritarianism.
Griggle +

If it is prophylactic and emphatically didactic, then it's not tactic."

Times thanked
< 1,726

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberabit View Post

has CircusMidget ever said anything serious?

No, he never breaks character.
Broadband speeds will always be lower under a Coalition Government.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »