Times thanked
< 11,218
SHUT UP, CRIME!
ravelikespastic +

Times thanked
< 1,254

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmau5 View Post

did you just tell me to watch, and then ruin the ending for me?

How did I ruin it? Watch it, its a great film.

Watched The Babymakers the other night, Olivia Munn, watch it, she's stunning.
It was alright.
crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

Times thanked
< 8,299

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

SHUT UP, CRIME!

"It's all gushy."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Madam Lasher +

lol

Times thanked
< 146
Horror themed weekend for me...

The Brood: Awesome old school horror by David Cronenberg, intriguing story line and great performances. Definitely recommend if you’re a fan of horror 7.5/10.

A perfect getaway: This was part mystery, part thriller, part comedy, it was pretty entertaining. Timothy Olyphant was funny; the ending was lame imo 6/10.

Juan de los Muertos (Juan of the dead): Is a Cuban political/ zombie movie. The characters were very laid back and funny. The pace was a bit off for me though, but the humour redeemed it. 6.5/10

The girl next door: This is based on a book, set in the 50s this is about a girl that is tortured by her Aunt and based on a true story; the Aunt is such a sadistic bitch. Good performances by the cast. 7/10
ravelikespastic +

Times thanked
< 1,254
I watched a couple of things this weekend:

Butter At first I was thinking to myself, oh here we go, another one of these movies, but then Olivia Wilde comes in, and then the movie goes back to how I thought it was going to be at the start.
Olivia = 10/10, rest of movie = 6. Its a nice movie.

This means war This was alright, I dont mind Reece Witherspoon, and the British guy is so dreamy I felt like i'd seen this movie before, but yeah, was alright, I absolutely loved Elizabeth Banks, she's funny 5 or 6/10.

Fubar This is the best thing I watched all weekend, very Trailer Park Boys meets Pantera home video. I loved it, 8/10.
"as soon as I smeled you fart, I thought 'oh somethings cooking at Terrys mums house' "

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,147
Dark Shadows - very enjoyable, just don't take it seriously...
Pete Gordon - Who Said Prog Was Dead?

My favourite slices of proggy goodness from 2013 (ish)...

http://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/wh...-prog-was-dead
Billroyguy +

Times thanked
< 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Dark Shadows - very enjoyable, just don't take it seriously...

Agreed, I was told to avoid it, but watched it and was entertained start till finish.

Expendables 2 - loved it, just the characters making stupid jokes and has every action hero you want.

Desperado - badass.

Before the rain - Macedonian film about tension between Macedonian and Bosnian villagers, and wholly a critique of Macedonian relations and identity. A real good story, with a jumbling narrative that ties in together nicely. Doing it for cinema studies, but is nonetheless a watchable film for someone that likes beautiful landscapes of foreign places aby a passionate film maker. Arguably assisted in getting Macedonia recognised as a nation
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
I Want Candy.

Simple, predictable, fun. Also, Michelle Ryan.

Quote:

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Twizard +

Life is like a bowl of rice

Times thanked
< 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelikespastic View Post

This means war: This was alright, I dont mind Reece Witherspoon, and the British guy is so dreamy I felt like i'd seen this movie before, but yeah, was alright, I absolutely loved Elizabeth Banks, she's funny 5 or 6/10.

Watched this a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed it, was a bit of fun. Tom Hardy is awesome in everything he does. Can't believe how huge he got for Bane. Warrior is also an awesome film I watched recently with him in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madam Lasher View Post

Horror themed weekend for me...

The girl next door: This is based on a book, set in the 50s this is about a girl that is tortured by her Aunt and based on a true story; the Aunt is such a sadistic bitch. Good performances by the cast. 7/10

Watched this awhile back, didn't finish it cause my lady came over and didn't want to watch it cause...it is all messed up. Haven't gotten around to finishing it yet, but yeah Aunt was a crazy bitch. Was a pretty brutal movie.

Saw Looper last night which was excellent! Really enjoyed it and recommend seeing it. Don't want to give anything away so just go see it!

Also saw the latest Batman again but in IMAX in Syndey. That was awesome! Never been to IMAX before so was really fun. The screen is ridiculously huge. Wish i'd gone there to see Avengers in 3D, would have been trippy.
LOKI'D!!

http://vimeo.com/41618569
ravelikespastic +

Times thanked
< 1,254

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twizard View Post

Watched this a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed it, was a bit of fun. Tom Hardy is awesome in everything he does. Can't believe how huge he got for Bane. Warrior is also an awesome film I watched recently with him in it.

Thanks Twiz, Ill have to give that a watch at some point this week.
Villephant +

Can't see

Times thanked
< 1,445
Isathewatch recently, it was good.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,093
true romance. before my time, and only recently found out it was a tarantino flick (you know what i mean)

it's no reservoir dogs, but i really dug the story. stellar line-up. scene with walken and hopper is so boss. gandolfini bashing up a woman was so good too (not that i condone that sort of thing)

and patricia arquette was bangin back then

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,147
Fucking brilliant movie, I think it's my favourite Taratino-ish movie...sure, it's not as stylistic/snappy dialogued as Resevoir Dogs, but just love the cast/story/pacing.

Gary Oldman as Drexel the dread locked pimp was just too awesome...I think I watched it 3 times before even realising it was him!

ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 11,218
Brad Pitt's best line ever is True Romance.

"...and some cleaning products!"
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Times thanked
< 3,413
Watched Moonrise Kingdom - I like Wes Anderson's films but I'm not a cult fan like most people... in saying that, this movie is hella cute! Really well done. The little kid (main character) is just perfect and I absolutely loved Edward Norton's character.

Do recommend
Ya baloney
I am the best +

SPLASH!

Times thanked
< 161
The Raven

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1486192/

Picked this up as a random choice and thought it was pretty good. The main reason i chose it was because it stars John Cusack playing an extremely cocky and wordy Edgar Allan Poe and it is directed by 'V for Vendetta's' James McTeigue, a tempting combination.

It contains just the right combination of interesting cinematography, gore and witty dialogue to keep it bubbling along and i must say that Luke Evans is brilliant in his co starring role as the detective.

It falls over by becoming quite detached at the end. Worth a watch though.

2.8 stars
JVP $$Robotocorps
what more do you want in a line-up ?
Eric Prydz parachuting naked from a plane followed by White Michael Jackson Vs Black Michael Jackson soundtracked by Nirvana feat The Beatles and Wolverine? even then I don't think that would be appreciated...
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 11,218
Looper.

Two word review: FUCKING AWESOME.

All of you, go see. Post haste!
danmau5 +

has just about had it up to here with you.

Times thanked
< 2,880
yes sir mr billboard!
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 11,218
That's my brother, I'm Mr Banner Ad.
I am the best +

SPLASH!

Times thanked
< 161
finally saw Margin Call and it was brilliant. It's pretty much just a bunch of great actors talking to each other in an office but that just adds to the realism.

4/5
JVP $$Robotocorps
Eric Prydz parachuting naked from a plane followed by White Michael Jackson Vs Black Michael Jackson soundtracked by Nirvana feat The Beatles and Wolverine? even then I don't think that would be appreciated...
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
Cowboys & Aliens.

Good: Walton Goggins
Bad: Writing
Ugly: Direction

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.

Last edited by crabman: 06-Oct-12 at 08:12am

wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
< 333

Quote:

Looper.

Two word review: FUCKING AWESOME.

All of you, go see. Post haste!

+1. Really good movie.
I am the best +

SPLASH!

Times thanked
< 161
Yep Looper was the best movie i have seen this year
JVP $$Robotocorps
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 11,218

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabman View Post

Cowboys & Aliens.

Good: Walton Goggins
Bad: Writing
Ugly: Direction

Also Good: Clancy Brown
Also Bad: Everything else
Also Ugly: You
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
Love me some Kurgan. He wasn't in it long enough.

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Underwater +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 39
'The Straight Story', by Lynch... it's based on the true story of an old dude who travels across a couple of states in the US to visit his estranged brother who has had a stroke. His mode of transport: a tiny tractor. The movie centres on his journey and the various people he encounters and shares experiences with along the way. It's a very linear, relatively slow-going narrative (in fact, I completed it in 2 sittings), but there's also a real deep sense of tragic/beautiful poignancy that imparts itself on you. There are a few classic Lynchian creative moments too, mostly seen in transitional shots from scene to scene, be it visually or musically. And speaking of the music, Badalamenti delivers a wonderful score to complement the filmic homage to the vastness (and, I guess, solitude) of the American country. I just read that the main actor was suffering from bone cancer whilst filming, and that he committed suicide shortly after production was completed. So sad, but in a way, I'm happy for him that he left us with such a graceful story of love and family redemption as his swan song. Highly recommended if you're in a patient, contemplative mood, and definitely one for the collection.
David Lynch presents...
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 2,880

Quote:

Also Good: Clancy Brown
Also Bad: Everything else
Also Ugly: You

I enjoyed that movie. it promised cowboys and aliens, it delivered cowboys and aliens. anyone who wanted more really needs to work on their powers of deduction.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 11,218
That's like saying Prometheus should have been enjoyable because it featured a premise that absolutely nobody could fuck up, let alone Ridley Scott who created the fucking mythology.

But we all know what happened there right? Womb octopus.
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 2,880
well fuck, thanks for the spoiler. my blu-ray arrives here at the end of this week, I'd almost made it.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 11,218
Sorry. But really, I haven't ruined anything.

And I'm not just saying that because the film is a pile of steaming turd.
PertiVanHelden +

Times thanked
< 97
I watched Wanderlust recently, expecting it to be the standard Jennifer Aniston romcom, you know like the last 30 movies she's made - in a lot of ways it was, but it was also fucking funny and well made. It's rare for a movie to get more than a chuckle out of me these days (old, cynical, jaded etc etc) but these were genuine lol's. Recommended,
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,093
taken 2 - didn't even enjoy it in an expendables kinda way. never again liam neeson

21 - good stuff. right up my alley.. is spacey ever in a bad movie?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
Davomaxi +

The Rock says this....

Times thanked
< 886

Quote:

Originally Posted by PertiVanHelden View Post

I watched Wanderlust recently, expecting it to be the standard Jennifer Aniston romcom, you know like the last 30 movies she's made - in a lot of ways it was, but it was also fucking funny and well made. It's rare for a movie to get more than a chuckle out of me these days (old, cynical, jaded etc etc) but these were genuine lol's. Recommended,

I thought Wanderlust was hilarious. Justin Theroux was so funny. "Your VCRs and nintendo powergloves..."

Quote:

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
PertiVanHelden +

Times thanked
< 97
Watched Warrior this morning at 3am when I couldn't sleep. Good cast with Joel Edgerton and Nick Nolte, but descended into some pretty wtf moments. It's like they just tried to make the last fight as epic as they could, but built all the back elements as they went along. Maybe it was the lack of sleep, but the final scene completely fucking lost me. And Nick Nolte can't decide if his character is a hardened old bastard or a pathetic old man

Media Player
Warrior Movie Trailer Official (HD) - YouTube
Balls Deep +

Times thanked
< 7,833
Ill manners.

Another British crime/council estate/ drug movie by English rapper Plan B. really enjoyed this. Plan B narrates the movie through rap. Pretty fucked up in parts but up there with my favourites in this genre. Worth a watch for the soundtrack alone.

Media Player
iLL Manors OFFICIAL TRAILER **Out NOW on Blu-Ray, DVD, Download & On-Demand** [HD] - YouTube
It's over you BASTARDS!
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
Horrible bosses.

Almost fell out of my chair when Dale/Charlie honked.

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Twizard +

Life is like a bowl of rice

Times thanked
< 65
Really want to see ill manors. Going to watch it ASAP.

Watched V/H/S, After.Life and Lockout on the weekend.

V/H/S: Wasn't what I was expecting but was a good p.o.v horror movie. Was more like 5 little short stories of horror rather than just one big thing. Each story was directed by a different person which was also interesting. Worth watching, a lot more action than the cam type movies like paranormal activity, some gruesome bits and some messed up creepy bits. As long as your not overly critical about your horror movies I'd check it out.

After.Life: This movie was soooo frustrating, but in a good kind of way I guess. the characters would just never do what you wanted them to do and what you wanted to happen never happened. Liam Neeson being a creepy funeral director was good and there are lots of Christina Ricci's boobs. Boobs all the time! Was a creepy concept but more of a thriller than a horror. the twist isn't really a twist, though i don't think it is meant to be, and you know what is going on pretty much throughout the whole movie, just you can't do anything about it.

Lockout: Mindless action in space. Don't really need to pay attention to anything. Just a good action flick. Guy Pearce was funny. No boobs in this one sadly
LOKI'D!!

http://vimeo.com/41618569
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 11,218
I blew my girlfriend's mind with good sci-fi this weekend. District 9 on Friday night and Starship Troopers on Saturday night. She loved the shit out of both (which I knew would happen but she wasn't sure of when I told her the premise of each prior to viewing.)

Two rare films that genuinely get better each time you watch them.
ravelikespastic +

Times thanked
< 1,254
Chernobyl Diaries I enjoyed this, it was a little ourrageous at times but overall I found it a good watch. Jesse Mcartney is a tool, it took me forever to work out that it is Nathan Phillips is in this film, I like him. The story behind the movie is very interesting to read about, I didnt actually know about this, such a tragedy. I looked into it after I watched it but this is by the same guy who did the Paranormal Activities, that made me like the film less tbh.
5/10
kanni +

in za mikkusu ^-^

Times thanked
< 742

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthykins View Post

Watched Moonrise Kingdom - I like Wes Anderson's films but I'm not a cult fan like most people... in saying that, this movie is hella cute! Really well done. The little kid (main character) is just perfect and I absolutely loved Edward Norton's character.

Do recommend

watched this last night - also recommend
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 2,880

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravelikespastic View Post

Chernobyl Diaries I enjoyed this, it was a little ourrageous at times but overall I found it a good watch. Jesse Mcartney is a tool, it took me forever to work out that it is Nathan Phillips is in this film, I like him. The story behind the movie is very interesting to read about, I didnt actually know about this, such a tragedy. I looked into it after I watched it but this is by the same guy who did the Paranormal Activities, that made me like the film less tbh.
5/10

aw, I've been really looking forward to seeing that

I'll probably like it though - I loved cabin in the woods even after everyone on here bagged the shit out of it

watched haywire last night. had no expectations going in, and was pleasantly surprised. not excellent, but well worth a watch. and what a huge cast, too!
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
< 1,147

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGroovyFcuker View Post

is spacey ever in a bad movie?

Pay It Forward

SkinDeep +

Bonafide

Times thanked
< 201

Quote:

I blew my girlfriend's mind with good sci-fi this weekend. District 9 on Friday night and Starship Troopers on Saturday night. She loved the shit out of both (which I knew would happen but she wasn't sure of when I told her the premise of each prior to viewing.)

Two rare films that genuinely get better each time you watch them.

I hate recommending Starship Troopers! It's a good anti-war satire, a bit heavy-handed maybe, but it's hard to make the point to people, especially with the b-grade costume that it wears. I watch it every few years.
there must be some mistake I didn't mean to let them take away my soul am I too old is it too late

my soundcloud my last.fm
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 11,218
Same

I remember when it first came out, was back when viral marketing was only just starting to catch on. There were heaps of the "Would you like to know more?" posters around certain areas in London. Very cool.
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 2,880
travel wanker.
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 11,218
Wasn't travelling actually. I lived in London for six years between 1997 and 2002. IT contracting. Raked in the cash and spunked it all up the wall.

Was awesome.
danmau5 +

Times thanked
< 2,880
life experience wanker.
Davomaxi +

The Rock says this....

Times thanked
< 886

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinDeep View Post

I hate recommending Starship Troopers! It's a good anti-war satire, a bit heavy-handed maybe, but it's hard to make the point to people, especially with the b-grade costume that it wears. I watch it every few years.

Lol a bit heavy handed?! It revels in it's heavy handedness, that's what's good about it. Even Gary Busey's son's enormous mongy face and teeth taking up 3/4 of the screen every shot he's in doesn't take away from it's awesomeness.

Medic!

Quote:

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
ianwil1976 +

Goat Herder

Times thanked
< 11,218
Lawless. Two word review:

Fucking sick.
ravelikespastic +

Times thanked
< 1,254

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmau5 View Post

aw, I've been really looking forward to seeing that

I'll probably like it though - I loved cabin in the woods even after everyone on here bagged the shit out of it

watched haywire last night. had no expectations going in, and was pleasantly surprised. not excellent, but well worth a watch. and what a huge cast, too!

Its a good watch, do see it. Even my mum liked it, I thought she'd loose interest.
Cabin in the Woods was 10/10!!!
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »