NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 8,854
Manual likes for the last 6 posts
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
Three cars, a Hilux and a bicycle at camp \o/ We need some wheels though.

Martino, when you next log in there are some cans of food in the Militia UAZ and the GAZ. I don't think the UAZ can be moved out of those rocks it's wedged into. So it's our tent now.
crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

Times thanked
< 8,299

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

He's also not black anymore!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Three cars, a Hilux and a bicycle at camp \o/ We need some wheels though.

Martino, when you next log in there are some cans of food in the Militia UAZ and the GAZ. I don't think the UAZ can be moved out of those rocks it's wedged into. So it's our tent now.

On CC?

PM camp coords for other servers? Happy to go wheel hunting, all the servers are quiet when I'm on.

Quote:

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 172
This is on Mr Tall. Camp is at same location.

We did a spare parts run at the end of last night - obtained 4 wheels and used them all by the time we got back to camp.

I think I blew about 7 all up
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
Ah nice. Gonna jump on in a tic.

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
Jumped on a public server last night. I'm still geared up from a dead scripter - Mk48 with ~500 rounds and all the usual gear. Came across a chopper crash, failed at stealth, so ended up drawing all the zeds up to a pine tree where I left them in a neat pile. That gave me about a minute to sweep the site before the next horde spawned. It had been looted, but someone didn't spot a DMR hidden in the grass. Threw that in my pack. Everything turned out better than expected.

crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
My heroes.

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 172
It seems Mr Talls server is a bit of a bust now due to scripters and lack of administration. Coffee Club and Beergamez have scripter problems too.

Some of us have requested a whitelisting at AU24 (WP server) which has now gone private. Email dayzau24@bigpond.com with your ingame name and GUID. They turn around requests pretty quickly.

Apparently the BMRF servers are a good place to be also. Maybe we can try there if AU24 doesnt work out?

http://bmrf.me
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,512
Mr Tall has scripters now and poor admins? What? I thought it was a fully run place.
UMGAWA +

WRONG THREAD

Times thanked
< 4,100
It died in the arse once Survivedayz put out their mod of a mod and Mr tall got left high and dry.
agvicsa +

Times thanked
< 373
I see Gruso didn't get his Whitelisting for AU24 according to WP. Is it worth it to get access now?

I would assume MrTall might be quiet tonight if the hackers are following players moving about the servers?
Hard-drinking, party-rebel, known for his irreverent attitude, wild antics & a flair for turning friends into enemies, is asking for an unspecified amount of compensatory, exemplary & punitive damages
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 172
Yep grab a whitelisting - shouldn't take long to turn around. The admin is online now.
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
Frostyvegi emailed me the password right after he saw my forum post. He thought he'd sent it yesterday.
UMGAWA +

WRONG THREAD

Times thanked
< 4,100
I got mine within an hour.
UMGAWA +

WRONG THREAD

Times thanked
< 4,100
Had a great little session, in the space of an hour we lost 3 4 tents due to a bad database save and with The Gru Man overwriting one tent in his pack with a spare wheel.

Oh Gruso
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
I think the spare wheel was me.

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
@crabman, that guy killed me we chatted all the way into Cherno, then he put some Makarov rounds into me. I chased the little foggot with my hatchet when he stopped to reload. Got a couple of strikes in, but passed out and died.

His voice reminded me of

[edit] Update on AU24: The tent(s) may reappear after another server restart. Or two. -_-
UMGAWA +

WRONG THREAD

Times thanked
< 4,100
Anyone checked out if the tents are up on 24?
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
Nah, might go for a run soon. I'll be a fresh spawn.
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
Registrations are open at http://bmrf.me/vbforums/forum.php

Once you've registered a forum account you will be automatically whitelisted for the BMRF servers. We had a great run there last night, speed boating under the stars.

(duke & martino, no luck with the chopper spawn after restart.)

Scripters are keeping the population moving around, so the more whitelists you're on the better. See steam discussion for some more instructions. (survivedayz is the only really fiddly one.)
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 172

Quote:

(duke & martino, no luck with the chopper spawn after restart.)

Are we all stuck on Skalisty island with a big swim ahead of us?
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
No, the transport we arrived on should still be there! I logged off again right after checking the chopper spawn. On that, when I logged back on and it hit home that I was by myself in the dark, I got really scared. I was jumping at every sound making my way back up through the trees - I thought I kept seeing and hearing people, but there was no one there. I haven't been that creeped out in DayZ for a while.

I may have some boring IRL stuff getting in the way tonight, so if you guys want to take off and leave me on the island, I don't care.
agvicsa +

Times thanked
< 373
Hope I get whitelisted tonight .. also made a Donation. See you guys later?
Hard-drinking, party-rebel, known for his irreverent attitude, wild antics & a flair for turning friends into enemies, is asking for an unspecified amount of compensatory, exemplary & punitive damages
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 172
You'll be whitelisted automatically once you register if you're referring to BMRF.

Will likely be on after 8ish
agvicsa +

Times thanked
< 373

Quote:

Originally Posted by suenomartino View Post

You'll be whitelisted automatically once you register if you're referring to BMRF.

Will likely be on after 8ish

Yep, no request for GUID for some reason. Hmmmmm
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
I think it's cookie based. They've got some sort of forum integration happening (game stats in your profile etc) so if you're logged into your forum account, you have server access. On its own it doesn't do anything to prevent scripters. Very active admins though. Should be a good server for at least two weeks.

Do send off an email for AU24 too.
agvicsa +

Times thanked
< 373
Both done. 24 and BMRF
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 172
Logged on to Au24 at Staroye. Ran out of barn and first thing I spot is a heli sitting right there on the hill next to the town. Running up towards it and suddenly hear the rotors start. Weird though - blades not actually moving. Then another engine starts as I realise there are two choppers here - but I can only see one.

As its starting to lift off, I'm right next to the window and start pumping M4a1 rounds right into the guy. I see blood, the chopper drops and he bails and hits me with a shot from his rifle.

We're both prone on the ground reloading right next to each other but he's a splt second quicker and its the black screen for me.

Killed by Shawn.
UMGAWA +

WRONG THREAD

Times thanked
< 4,100

Quote:

I think it's cookie based. .

IP logged and they marry it up GUID
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
I wonder if it'll spit when I log in from the gong. I'll try later.

Other news, I just learned so much from this chart:

Last edited by Gruso: 25-Oct-12 at 12:13am

Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,512
M14 takes DMR mags? Well I'll be damned.
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 172
Just found that out tonight - scored one with a bunch of DMR mags along with the rare Coyote pack (big).

Then died in the same spot Gruso was killed near Stary Sobor - by the same guy.
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
Duke and I got busy.

The first boat was still on the island when I logged on. Duke had swum to shore. I picked him up and we headed north, where we spotted the second one. But it was too far up on the shore to move. We tried for ages, dicked around doing some other stuff, then I had to log for a while. In the meantime Duke found two more boats, and had them all stashed together.

When I came back we grabbed one each, then headed back to for some industrial looting where the stuck boat happened to be. I decided to ram it at full speed. On impact it flew up into the air, twirling twirling towards freedom. It landed on the water, bounced around a bit, and it was afloat. Then we had four boats. Ho ho ho.

Anyone who doesn't come boating with us tomorrow night can garn fuckemselves. (See steam discussion for location)
The Duke +

better resolution than the real world

Times thanked
< 459
Finally freeing that boat was a magical moment. We spent ages trying various things to push that boat back into the water. Any successful technique would move the boat a few inches then stop working. Some of the unsuccessful techniques included Gruso accidently axing me while I sat in the boat, and me purposely crawling face-first into the spinning propellers. After Gruso made a daring commando raid into town to get me blood so I'd stop passing out every minute, we pretty much gave up on the beached boat.

Later on, after we found more boats and were going to some raiding, we spotted that cursed boat - then unexpectedly, Gruso said something along the lines of 'Fuck You Boat!' and rammed it at full speed. It flew straight up into the air, spinning wildly, hit the ground but bounced back up, then landed perfectly in the water.
_______
Flickr
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299

Quote:

Anyone who doesn't come boating with us tomorrow night can garn fuckemselves. (See steam discussion for location)

I'll be at work

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 172

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

a magical moment

Magical moments (after running through trees for two hours) are really what DayZ is all about
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabman View Post

I'll be at work

garn fuckyerself.

(Hopefully we can leave a boat or two stashed for you.)
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
I'd jump on now but pissed.

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 172
Optional

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabman View Post

I'd jump on now but pissed.

Surely a magical moment in the making.
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
Just ordered my new PSU. Mid week flat battery shenanigans will end soon.

[edit] Oh, tried some of that ammo conversion business last night too. Right click .45 ACP rounds, convert to M1911 mag. Heh. Bummed you can't convert 2rnd slugs to 8rnd 1866 for the Winchester though.
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 172
Au24 is going to 160 vehicles for this weekend only as a once-off event.

Anticipating a few magical moments.
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 172
Au24 has also implemented supply crate drops - kind of like heli crash sites but with a real mixed bag of loot types. There are 10 on the server.
Gruso +

happening bunker

Times thanked
< 16,674
Car and ATV gone lads. They were taken by people, not wiped by the server. Which is strangely comforting. WP posts:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bezd

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostyvegi

headed north where we watched a white car then ATV go past

found these parked under the bridge at Vybor! trusty artefacting lead us right under ahahhahah

I'd like some of those car-finding artifacts.

And as usual, frostyvegi is always watching.

[edit] I really love reading the (often mundane) accounts from other players on AU24. You spend the whole night absorbed in what your group is doing, but it'll overlap with someone else's adventure for a few seconds here and there. Could be shots fired, or cars passing on the highway, or just observing someone from a distance. It's like 22 Short Films About Springfield.

Last edited by Gruso: 27-Oct-12 at 10:19am

agvicsa +

Times thanked
< 373
Supposedly "the barb wire was the give away" .... I'm sorry about that.
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
Get all set up, rearing to go, thinking "finally the fucking weekend, time for some DayZ"...

Work phone rings.

****s.

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,516
ok, back in country, looking to whitelist on au24.

FYI, skogwiki is down.
red is the new blu
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 172

Quote:

Originally Posted by agvicsa View Post

Supposedly "the barb wire was the give away" .... I'm sorry about that.

No sweat, there are vehicles all over the map on Au24. They mostly seem to spawn repaired too.

The challenge for me is finding enough spare wheels to suit my "driving style".
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
I've just been running around the southwest of AU24 and haven't found jack. Decorated a barn with hidden zombies though.

Spoiler:

I'm sure your driving style is fine. i.e.: not Gruso's.

Spoiler:

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,516
steam is converting arma 2 oa content.

that doesn't sound good.
red is the new blu

« Previous Thread Next Thread »