Gaming, Computers, Phones, and Gadgets

DayZ

Tools
crabman +

I might be a **** but I'm not a fucking ****.

Times thanked
< 8,299
Nah it's fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiron View Post

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

الاستماع إلى ... ال التنفس المدينة.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,545
Media Player
DayZ Call me Maybe - YouTube
red is the new blu
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
Had a good run on bmrf. Looted cherno, full up on food and drink, busted out just as the sun was coming up. I thought I could hear someone following me at one point. Suddenly zombies were everywhere but ignoring me tucked up against a wall, then gunshots, and a death notice popped up.

Quote:

How about you people actually learn a little thing called having a fucking conscious and not being heartless sociopath you piece of shit.

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
The Duke +

better resolution than the real world

Times thanked
< 471
lol. Awesome. I've been trying to find a good DayZ video to help showcase the game to friends who have never heard of it. This video is perfect.
_______
Flickr
The Duke +

Times thanked
< 471
Since I've been having all those dropouts, I reinstalled DayZ yesterday. However I forgot to enter my serial key and when I tried joining AU24 a message popped up saying the GUID I was using was globally banned. I entered my serial key and I can log in now.

The big problem now though, is that the admins for AU24 have sent me an email asking why I was using a banned GUID and having a lot of dropouts with a valid GUID. I've replied explaining what happened. Hopefully it's sorted and I'm not kicked off that server .

Unfortunately the reinstall hasn't fixed the issue either. I'm now doing a clean, manual, reinstall. Hopefully this works.
_______
Flickr
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,367
I can drop him a line vouching for you if you need it.
The Duke +

Times thanked
< 471
No worries dude. Thanks though. I just got an email back saying they've reviewed the logs further along with my explanation and it's all ok now.
_______
Flickr
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,367
Oh lol, 6.5 hours later I thought I'd drop him a line anyway, hit send, then saw your post. Glad you're sorted. Now Frosty has to read our life stories for no reason.

Magical DayZ moments.
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,545
ok, time to jump back in.

i may be a little rusty.
red is the new blu
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,545
Fark, epic mission was had by me.

Mrs Spoon is yelling for me to get to bed. Will post tomorrow. Suffice to say, I made it to the camp on AU24.
red is the new blu
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 173
I didn't know we had a camp on Au24.
The Duke +

Times thanked
< 471
I parked a bus near the usual camp but I think that's it. Are you at someone else's camp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

Unfortunately the reinstall hasn't fixed the issue either. I'm now doing a clean, manual, reinstall. Hopefully this works.

The reinstall hasn't worked, but I realised that it wasn't a completely clean install - there's a bunch of Arma and DayZ files in My Documents (looks like profile and configuration files). I'm gonna try first just deleting them and playing (not sure if that's risky though). If it doesn't work I'll do a clean install with those files deleted.
_______
Flickr
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 173
Maybe all those tents we put down that disappeared are back?

If so - sweet.
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,367

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

22 Short Films About Springfield.

Case in point: Last night agvicsa & I were farting around in Pustoshka when a chopper flew in and hovered. We exchanged shots, and the chopper left. We still needed to find a car wheel, so we headed for the treeline to lay low for a bit and see if the chopper returned. After 15-20 minutes of quiet, ag headed back into town while I sat sniper watch in the treeline.

It was a slow operation as he loot cycled the sheds and I sat scanning the area. I mentioned the fact that I'd been carrying this M24 for days and hadn't shot it yet, so I got my range in with a few easy zed kills. A bit more time passed in silence, then I heard ag say "oh fuck". Some guy had come into town from the east (outside my line of sight), spotted ag, and ordered him at gunpoint to drop his backpack. Ag was filling me in on the situation, telling me to take the shot. They were behind buildings and trees, out of my sight. Then I saw people running through trees, and fired. A death message came up: yoyoma (agvicsa) was killed.

"SON OF A BITCH!"
"Oh fuck dude sorry sorry sorry fuuck!"

But I hadn't killed him. The bandit had done it, even though ag had complied and removed his backpack. I'd obviously taken a potshot at an agro zombie. As ag spawned back on the coast, he implored me to get the vengeance kill on this arsehole. Now I was up here alone, scanning for a fast moving, hostile target. With a sniper rifle I'd only used on four stationary zeds. No pressure.

The bandit knew I was up on the hill, but not exactly where. Then he did me the greatest favour and ran west out of town, across open ground. Not only that, he stopped for a split second to look in my direction. I saw the whites of his eyes, then put an M24 round into one of them. It may have been the greatest kill I've ever made in a game, and we did hoop and holler joyously. I was to spend the next hour on that hill, waiting for ag and the bandit to return and collect the gear from their bodies. I relocated around the treeline for safety, looking for a good view over the bandit's body so I could kill him again. In the process I found an ATV stashed in the bushes - sweet. Then martino and duke joined us, and we got on with our night (whole other adventure, horrible deaths, the usual).

That was our side of the story.

We knew the bandit was a whirlpool regular. I commented in their dayz thread on the fact that he had killed someone who only had an axe, and right after he had dropped his backpack as requested. He responded with his reason, and while I was sceptical at first, it all made sense in hindsight.

There were actually two of them in town. One was without gear, so when they saw ag running around with a nice ALICE pack, they decided to ask him nicely for it. When ag asked me to take him out, I assumed there was a foot pursuit happening. I saw one runner through the trees, then another, so I went for the second. But they were standing still behind a building the whole time, and I was shooting at a zombie. The moment the bandit heard the shot and realised there was sniper cover, he put one in ag's head and ran.

It turned out that they were only in town to check for an ATV they'd stashed there. The very ATV they stole from us not 500m up the road a few days back, and the same ATV I stumbled upon while looking for a new sniper position.

This fuckin' game.
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
No trust in the game at all

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
agvicsa +

Times thanked
< 373
In hindsight I think he panic'ed and took the shot and killed me after you took a shot. All in all, it was infuriating but an awesome learning curve.
Hard-drinking, party-rebel, known for his irreverent attitude, wild antics & a flair for turning friends into enemies, is asking for an unspecified amount of compensatory, exemplary & punitive damages
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,367
Yeah, I learned a ton of things from that series of events.

I'm also having great trouble pinning the blame on anyone for your death. The bandit pulled the trigger. But only because I spooked him. And they were only in town looking for an ATV which they wouldn't have found if it wasn't for your wire fence three days ago
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 173
Noone to blame but yourself ag.

suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 173

Quote:

Originally Posted by suenomartino View Post

Maybe all those tents we put down that disappeared are back?

Quote:

regarding AU24, the tent issue has been fixed. If you interact with your tent at least once 7 days from when you die since placing the tent, it will remain

Interesting.. Maybe all our tents have reappeared with the latest server-side update on Au24?
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,545
Um, I just made it to the coordinates for the camp from the steam group. I didn't actually see any camp before I had to log out.

You mean my epic and thrilling adventure across the whole fucking map was for nothing?

I'm sitting on a busted up ATV, with a broken leg, in the middle of bum fuck nowhere, looking for a camp that doesn't fucking exist?

roadwarrior.jpg
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 173

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverspoon View Post

You mean my epic and thrilling adventure across the whole fucking map was for nothing?

I'm sitting on a busted up ATV, with a broken leg, in the middle of bum fuck nowhere, looking for a camp that doesn't fucking exist?

Oops..

Yeah that camp was lost a while back AFAIK. None of our tents survived after a server restart and I don't think we've been back since.
The Duke +

Times thanked
< 471
No one cares for my bus at the camp . It has some soda cans and a full tank of petrol!

(It did have a AKM but it disappeared after one of my dropouts).
_______
Flickr
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
I'm slowly working my way up there. I'm possibly a little too cautious moving around on my own though

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,367
Sure there's a camp up there. Now it's a camp with an ATV ^__^ Sweet location, no? Didn't crabman mention going there too, and parking a vehicle? (Leaving said vehicle details out of this thread - save that for steam discussion). Oh it was Duke.

It's still our campsite either way, we just need to take more tents. We had one last night, but it kind of got incinerated.
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 173

Quote:

it kind of got incinerated.

Screenshots of Ag's fireball driving incident will be forthcoming tonight.
agvicsa +

Times thanked
< 373
I never even saw the final explosion, I just passed out and left me asking you guys "what just happened?". Oh the Horror!

Who cares about my shortcomings when I found a Mountain Dew and drank it. (It does nothing ..... NOTHING!!!!)

Hard-drinking, party-rebel, known for his irreverent attitude, wild antics & a flair for turning friends into enemies, is asking for an unspecified amount of compensatory, exemplary & punitive damages

Last edited by agvicsa: 29-Oct-12 at 03:48pm

suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 173

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

The reinstall hasn't worked, but I realised that it wasn't a completely clean install - there's a bunch of Arma and DayZ files in My Documents (looks like profile and configuration files). I'm gonna try first just deleting them and playing (not sure if that's risky though). If it doesn't work I'll do a clean install with those files deleted.

I suspect a possible file conflict with your install of Sonic Generations.
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 173

Quote:

That was our side of the story..

And here's the story according to the server logs:

Quote:

28/10/2012 18:55:12 yoyoma was hit by bezd with AK_47_M from 6.65667m
28/10/2012 18:55:13 yoyoma was hit by bezd with AK_47_M from 6.52793m
28/10/2012 18:55:13 yoyoma was hit by bezd with AK_47_M from 6.52793m
28/10/2012 18:55:13 yoyoma was hit by bezd with AK_47_M from 6.42389m
28/10/2012 18:55:13 yoyoma was hit by bezd with AK_47_M from 6.42389m
28/10/2012 18:55:13 yoyoma was hit by bezd with AK_47_M from 6.32784m
28/10/2012 18:55:13 yoyoma was hit by bezd with AK_47_M from 6.0321m
28/10/2012 18:55:14 yoyoma was killed by bezd with weapon AK_47_M from 6.0321m

28/10/2012 18:58:11 bezd was hit by Gruseaux with M24 from 205.76m

Nice work Gruso

(yoyoma = agvicsa for anyone else reading)
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 22,904

Quote:

28/10/2012 18:58:11 bezd was hit by Gruseaux with M24 from 205.76m

Time to update your CV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heraclitus

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,545
Ok, a run down of my epic adventures last night on AU24.

Spawn west of Electro, hit the tree line and look up where "camp" is. Low whistle.

Head west up the hill looking for the ATV. Score! Just needs a wheel. Camo clothing in the gear, I'll have that.

Grab wheel, jerry can and shotty in Prig, Fix up bike. Forget that the mouse steers as well. Lucky to make it off hill, orange status all round.

Head *redacted*, See smoke in the distance just south of *Redacted*. Decision time, pussy out and head for the camp or go for it? It's been a while after all. Fuck it, stash bike in trees.

Zombies everywhere. crawling left back forward right make it there, nothing. oh well, crawl back again. no aggro, pretty fucken ninja.

Grab bike. Stop off at petrol station for gas, can't get it working, I'm doing it wrong (never have got it to work). Back to bike, army zombies have followed me, lead them off into hills. back on bike, forever *redacted*.

Cruising south of *Redacted*, red chain comes up, flick off my headphones. Yep, modem has gone into a reset tizz. Fuck fuck fuck.

Get back on 15 minutes later, spawn in 5 metres behind the still chugging ATV, WOOT! Get on, fuel has gone way down. Drive on.

Make it through *Redacted* before she konks out, get her into some trees, find a jerry can. Back in business.

Look at map, she-it, almost there. decide to check out *redacted*. Nothing, oh well.

Head to the campsite.

When BAM!, outta fucking nowhere I hit a blade of grass and flip the bike. Bugger.

Then red chain again. Double bugger.

Spawn in same spot, bike is right way up, fuck yeah. But down I go, broken leg, fuck no.

But success, I can get on the bike and ride it. no far now, hide the bike, can't see a camp.

Worry about it tomorrow, Mrs Spoon has been calling out for me to hit the hay for an hour.
red is the new blu
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,545
spawned in. broken leg, healed. bike, gone.
red is the new blu
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,367
day z

I think we ought to head for camp tonight.

Cool new details on the standalone engine:

Quote:

DayZ standalone will be based on a client-server architecture (more like an MMO), not the current ArmA2 architecture.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/34430...-it-is-it-isnt
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,545
Isn't that always the way. You want a car wheel, you get nothing but tank traps.
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
I like that.

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,367
Cray night. Cray. AU24 was down and BMRF was blek as pitch, so we jumped onto Beergamez for some death and lulz. The server was near full, scripters and all. I wandered into the apartments at Cherno, to see a guy crouched on the road guarding a broken chopper. I tried to sneak around the back of the hospital, but a scripter insta-killed me.

One montage later and we were in a car, heading back to the apartments. There were dead bodies scattered around, and I think the scripters had been kicked at this stage. The chopper was being guarded by steady flow of bandits and bambies. We fanned out, shooting at them, chasing them with the car, trying to get to tha choppa.

The night was full of deaths and disconnects, and was generally an abortion. But we held that fort for about an hour, as other players arrived in ones and twos thinking they could take the chopper. We knew by then that it wasn't going anywhere, but we hung around for the action anyway. It was probably the longest, craziest firefight I've had in this game. The chopper just sat there like a bug zapper drawing in players to their deaths.

Some guy arrived and killed me just as I was about to log anyway. That's ok, I thought. Just another bug flying to his doom.
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,545
Yeah, that was pretty cool, even if I died because I was stupid early in it and missed most of the action.

Highlights, running into a unarmed chick and coming onto/stalking her. The guy was confused as to why this was happening, probably because he had tits. Rejecting my advances did not end well for her/him

Early on I was skirting around the chopper site as unarmed and there was a huge firefight down there. Sprinting across a field, about 15 metres to the tree line when I see a player behind a tree, hit the deck, figure I'm fucked, he had to hear me. I have no cover.

And...nothing. Keeps staring down the hill. I get bolder, crawl even closer and start shit talking him over direct comms, "if I had a gun you'd be so fucken dead right now" and the like. He looks around wildly, but can't see the prone figure standing out like dogs balls. We keep this up for about 5 minutes before he crawls off towards Cherno and I continue on my way.

Thanks for that Fredoz63, you made my day.
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,367
1.7.3 releasing todayish: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/...unity-edition/

Remember to check which version servers are still running before jumping into the upgrade.
The Duke +

Times thanked
< 471
^ Please let it fix my dropout issues

After we all logged off last night, I did some googling and found a comment suggesting to use the Play withSIX launcher. I installed it and it did a few updates which I thought was promising. Then I thought I'd play for about 20 minutes to test it out. Ended up playing for 2 hours to fix up a car and didn't have any dropouts, but then drove around for 20 minutes in which I dropped out 2-3 times .
Went to bed at 2am for a 5:30am wakeup
_______
Flickr
UMGAWA +

Times thanked
< 4,176
Fuck, I've missed out on so much.
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,367
^ Stupid game keeps getting better, I swear.

Update from Frosty on the AU24 situation: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...7&p=-1&#bottom

I've pledged a fiver to keep it going at least another month.
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,545
ditto.
red is the new blu
The Duke +

Times thanked
< 471
I don't mind dropping $5 but I'm not sure how or to who?
_______
Flickr
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,367
Frosty said he'll PM anyone who posts their $5 pledge in that thread.
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,545
bike hike to NWAF on beergamez gives me a silenced M4. Now just to find someone to shoot.
red is the new blu
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
Still going on Mr Tall? Logged in, spawned in Wilderness. Logged back in, spawned Komarovo but with nothing in my inventory. None of the gear spawn points down in the industrial area had anything. Gave up pretty quickly. Playing BMRF.

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
suenomartino +

Times thanked
< 173
I think we've pretty much abandoned Mr Talls. Too many issues with scripters and lack of administration. It had no people on it the other night.

Hopefully Au24 is back up again now. We were on beergamez last night.
crabman +

Times thanked
< 8,299
Yeah, my connection's fucked tonight. AU24 was showing red/down and I was just lagging like crazy on BMRF. Calling it a night.

Quote:

اسم اللعبة هو ضوء يعمل.
Gruso +

Times thanked
< 17,367
AU24 is back up. And our little yellow car is where we left it.
silverspoon +

new and improved!

Times thanked
< 1,545
Hoping for an epic tale of retribution from Gru when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Go Gruso, you can do eeeit.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »