Southern Summer

Tools
DigitalAmbrosia +

Times thanked
< 0
Southern Summer

A trance track. Tell me what you think
meldavid +

I used to be a raver like you, but then I took a kick to the knee.

Times thanked
< 630
I won't judge the track based on just one listen but some suggestions:

The key change seems at 1:47 seems a bit early specially with no vocals in the track to warrant it.

The clap could do with a subtle echo-delay - use an automated fader to bring the echo in at elegant points in the loop.

Some more dramatic changes in dynamics can really add some more nrg.

And yeah, could do with some vocals or chopped samples.

I've heard a couple of your tracks before and this is def. the best I've heard from you so far.
sockz +

om nom nom

Times thanked
< 4
The filtered lead sounds at the 30 second mark are nice and smooth and I really like the chord progression. I like the key change as well to keep things a little bit different.

By the time the second upward key change happens at around 2:50 though you kind of realise that it's been the same riffs for a while- I think there could do with another breakdown in your song or some sections where you strip away at least some elements to increase interest. I would have liked to have seen that main breakdown go for a little longer as well (especially for a trance track).

I like the top percussion (hats etc) but the kick and clap seem a little bit weak. For the kick I'm wondering if it needs to be a different sample to begin with (for my taste).

I hope this doesn't sound overly critical as I quite liked it- followed you on Soundcloud too.
tails - Latest tracks - soundcloud.com/tails0909/
www.tailsat.bandcamp.com
Mike-O-Sito +

cowbell

Times thanked
< 381
I really like the melody, It's soft and tingly (If that's the word i'm lookin for) It builds nicely. That said, seems like something is missing when the beat drops in. The bassline sounds nice with the melody tho. I'm guessing this is only a snippet of the track ye?
Just feels like it could be longer.
3:46 it needs a bit more impact when it drops in. It's as though the break happens then it's just back to the melody...

Sorry, I know my feedback seems negative... You're definitely on the right track... just needs some more work.
Mike BigFX - Soundcloud page http://soundcloud.com/mike-bigfx

Breaks in all its forms!
Progressive | Oldskool | NuSkool
DigitalAmbrosia +

Times thanked
< 0
hey guys

thanks for all the feedback!

im not much of a poster as you can see but i appreciate the input i can use constructively.

no harm done at all.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »