Football Summer Transfer Speculations

Closed thread
  Tools
reak0r +

Times thanked
< 786
Football Summer Transfer Speculations
Thoughts people.

Teams are already seeming pretty eager to spend their (hard earned) dollars in the upcoming window.

Im tipping bale to leave. As i cant see spurs making 4th spot.
We would have to beat SHFC this weekend and Man U to chelsea. Then atleast get a draw at Stamford.

Too many factors.

i reckon Lewandowski will join kagawa at Man U as well.

And as an outside bet.

Micchu or Benteke to arsenal.

Thoughts. Rumours. Go.

Last edited by reak0r: 01-May-13 at 05:15pm

Astro-Boy +

LOOK AT MY BALD COCK. LOOK AT IT.

Times thanked
< 20,791
Cesc is coming home. Believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heraclitus

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

reak0r +

Times thanked
< 786
he already is home
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,791
You shut your whore mouth.

Quote:

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,242

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro-Boy View Post

Cesc Ronaldo is coming home. Believe.

Fixed
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,791
You too can shut your whore mouth.

Quote:

Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,242
But really mate, where do you think Wilshire will end up?

reak0r +

Times thanked
< 786
id be sorta happy to see that. the thought of ronaldo and bale in the same team is rather scarey.
nickko +

Why would I not have a nice day?

Times thanked
< 4,003
Can we change the thread title to 'football', rather than 'EPL'?
I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
reak0r +

Times thanked
< 786
..aaaannnnnd its done.
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,003
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
< 5,127
Ronaldo to United is almost a no brainer but I'm not sure it will be straight away. Maybe later in the season.

Lewandowski is probably gone, more than likely to United if he goes. Could be Bayern, though I don't think Dortmund would agree to that.

Jovetic to Arsenal if 3rd/4th is locked in.

Mourinho to Chelsea, but we all know that
Modric to Chelsea if it happens.
midian +

Baby you're a firework

Times thanked
< 2,176
I was kind of tempted to say too soon, but f*** it, it's close enough

Cavani to City
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,242
Personally I hope Bale stays in the EPL for the entertainment, as long as he stays clear of a true title contender ( Its pretty obvious if he goes, its RM though).

In seriousness though, with regards to Utd, sounds like an interesting summer ahead.... Lots of questions marks.

Nani - Assume he will be off?
Rooney - I think he will stay personally but certainly the stories wont go away.
Lewandski - sounds like he is on the way... Not sure we need ANOTHER striker to be honest ( but if Rooney goes, then I would be happy with Lew coming in!).
Zaha - Excited to see him play next year, young, quick, skillfull and championship player of the year.
Scholes to retire, Fletcher to sadly finish as well.

Few others, there must be a few clouds.... Hernandez, Anderson etc.
reak0r +

Times thanked
< 786
i dunno if mourinho would bring modric to chelsea. pretty sure that was just AVB that wanted him there. unless abramovic is a particular fan? though he isnt doing much at madrid. might be better for his career to get out.
reak0r +

Times thanked
< 786
Spurs...
reckon we will look for a decent centre back. cant think of an exact target. but its definitely one thing lacking.
reckon we will do something stupid like buy loic remy from QPR, as backup for defoe and that giant waste of fucking togonese money.
sell aaron lenon to liverpool. its been coming for ages. and unfortunately, isnt getting much game time.
if we sell bale, i reckon we will get someone as a trade as part of it. benzema or higuain maybe.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,242
Modric should never of went to RM, IMO. Not many players go there from EPL and do well tbh.

I personally still cant see Ronaldo to UTD happening, if it did, it would be if Rooney or someone goes I would think.

Though, purely for imagination, imagine a front three of Rooney, Ronaldo and RVP. Chucked in with the likes of Kagawa, Hernandez and Welbeck - eesh.
hammm +

Times thanked
< 497

Quote:

Originally Posted by reak0r View Post

Spurs...
reckon we will look for a decent centre back. cant think of an exact target. but its definitely one thing lacking.
reckon we will do something stupid like buy loic remy from QPR, as backup for defoe and that giant waste of fucking togonese money.
sell aaron lenon to liverpool. its been coming for ages. and unfortunately, isnt getting much game time.
if we sell bale, i reckon we will get someone as a trade as part of it. benzema or higuain maybe.

we'll have kaboul coming back though. getting a goal scorer is paramount, and another wide player wouldn't hurt, i don't think we should sell lennon. and maybe a playmaker. yeah.
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 14,155
Who are you going to sell adebayor to?
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,242
Spurs should try get Berbatov for cheap.
reak0r +

Times thanked
< 786
i dont want us to sell lenon. personally ive loved him as a player for years. but im not sure AVB sees him as long term. and hes a bit injury prone.
i dont think anyone will be stupid enough to buy adebayor. we should just set fire to him and see if we can get some money back from insurance.
... and berbatov. we dont want him coming back. too lazy. had one good season for us and we cashed in. was a good move selling him.
DrugfuctDonkey +

Times thanked
< 1,725
Most of our squad will leave if we get relegated. Cabaye, Ben Arfa and a few others will probably leave even if we stay up though.

Loic Remy will be on the market again soon.
reak0r +

Times thanked
< 786
QPR have some quality players. reckon there might be some good pickups from them at the end of season. hopefully they all had escape clauses.
Hdb2 +

Sup.

Times thanked
< 2,242
True, thinking about Berbatov probably doesn't suit AVB's style ( Though his 13 goals and plenty assists still not bad for a team like Fulham). Benteke probably a better option.
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,003
Pretty sure Bayern have been tapping up Lewa.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,127
The only sane way for Real to fund a Bale purchase is to sell Ronaldo, which looks like a pretty solid possibility. I don't think Barcelona will go for him, he won't go to Chelsea and I just don't see him going to PSG. So that effectively rules out everywhere but Real for him.
With Mourinho leaving, either the next coach gives Modric regular games or he might as well go back to the EPL.

I don't see Rooney leaving. I think he's ready to play a more CM role, especially if Ronaldo rocks up. Those two with RvP would be killer.
chegoon +

Times thanked
< 1,028
sorry but how are they going to fund that?

plus lewandowski...
Dero - "I'd rather make love than fuck tbh"
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,003
Rooney isn't a long-term CM option.
chegoon +

Times thanked
< 1,028
jovetic - pretty much done apparently.
remy - wouldn't be surprised.
cesc - i think it will happen one day but not sure if it will be this summer.
adler - not sure we actually need a new keeper but sure, he's pretty good.

also need a proper dm
Dero - "I'd rather make love than fuck tbh"
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,263

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

The only sane way for Real to fund a Bale purchase is to sell Ronaldo, which looks like a pretty solid possibility. I don't think Barcelona will go for him, he won't go to Chelsea and I just don't see him going to PSG. So that effectively rules out everywhere but Real for him.
With Mourinho leaving, either the next coach gives Modric regular games or he might as well go back to the EPL.

I don't see Rooney leaving. I think he's ready to play a more CM role, especially if Ronaldo rocks up. Those two with RvP would be killer.

you realise madrid are the richest club in the world right? they don't have to sell to buy...
http://soundcloud.com/calum-james
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,003

Quote:

Originally Posted by chegoon View Post

not sure we actually need a new keeper

How many years have you lot been saying this?
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 14,155

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post

you realise madrid are the richest club in the world right? they don't have to sell to buy...

There's been this thing called the global financial crisis. Dunno if you've heard about it. But anyway, it's had a direct impact on the amount of credit broke arse Spanish banks are willing to lend highly indebted football clubs.

If you'd like to know what 'highly indebted' means its about the tune of 550 million euro.
nickko +

Times thanked
< 4,003
Fledz also said it would be the only "sane" way to fund the purchase.
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,791

Quote:

Originally Posted by reak0r View Post

i dont think anyone will be stupid enough to buy adebayor. we should just set fire to him and see if we can get some money back from insurance.

classic.
midian +

Baby you're a firework

Times thanked
< 2,176
There's nothing out there to really back this up, but my gut feeling tells me that if United spunk a lot of money on anyone it's going to be Bale (if Spurs don't make the CL). He fits their profile perfectly in almost every way: age, talent, PL experience and versatility. Plus, Spurs have been sending their best players to United for the better part of a decade.
Bism +

hurrr

Times thanked
< 16,235

Quote:

Originally Posted by chegoon View Post

also need a proper dm

I give you, Geoffrey Kondogbia.
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,127

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post

Are you living in 2003? If no, then refer to the few posts above.
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,791
Needs moar Gnabry.
Bism +

hurrr

Times thanked
< 16,235
Motherfuckers act like they forgot about Frimpong.
hammm +

Times thanked
< 497

Quote:

Originally Posted by midian View Post

There's nothing out there to really back this up, but my gut feeling tells me that if United spunk a lot of money on anyone it's going to be Bale (if Spurs don't make the CL). He fits their profile perfectly in almost every way: age, talent, PL experience and versatility. Plus, Spurs have been sending their best players to United for the better part of a decade.

i just don't think we'll sell to a premier league club (considering what we did with modric and chelsea), and the lad has been loyal enough to stay with us this long that i don't think he'd do it either. plus he has previously said that he'd like to move to continental europe and that learning another language etc appeals to him. amd the lure of the prestige of a club such as real would be too much to pass up. although i guess that bit could apply to man u as well. who knows
DuncanM +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 1,585
I wonder where Samba will end up?
Portal +

Work that motherf#$ker

Times thanked
< 925

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

There's been this thing called the global financial crisis. Dunno if you've heard about it. But anyway, it's had a direct impact on the amount of credit broke arse Spanish banks are willing to lend highly indebted football clubs.

If you'd like to know what 'highly indebted' means its about the tune of 550 million euro.

Madrid get a large portion of their money from the Government. Not that the Spanish government has any money, but anyway...
midian +

Baby you're a firework

Times thanked
< 2,176

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammm View Post

i just don't think we'll sell to a premier league club (considering what we did with modric and chelsea), and the lad has been loyal enough to stay with us this long that i don't think he'd do it either. plus he has previously said that he'd like to move to continental europe and that learning another language etc appeals to him. amd the lure of the prestige of a club such as real would be too much to pass up. although i guess that bit could apply to man u as well. who knows

Perhaps, but if I remember it right that the reason they refused to deal with Chelsea is because Chelsea tapped Modric up more than once and agitated him in to making a transfer request, and then refused to pay what Levy was asking (extra-high fuck off for agitating my player price). Then when he was finally on the market for real they refused to consider Chelsea's offer out of spite.

Loyalty... I don't think it exists it in football. Unless you're talking about an only club you ever wanted to play for deal (Shearer/Le Tissier/Giggs etc) then it's just a job and and everyone has their price, whether it be the club or the player.
patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,263

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

Are you living in 2003? If no, then refer to the few posts above.

http://soundcloud.com/calum-james
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
< 1,279
No Patrick, they are correct. The Spanish bank system is on its last legs, Real are unlikely to find anyone willing to lend them 100 million quid
Fledz +

Times thanked
< 5,127
Maybe they can sell themselves to an oil sheik.
VanBuurenisGod +

ding ding ding ding...

Times thanked
< 2,568
loic Remy seems like the sort of striker we would be interested. has looked good in the PL and wouldn't be too expensive. is skilful and quick, would suit our game plan.
Bism +

hurrr

Times thanked
< 16,235
And he's not bitey as far as I can tell.
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 20,791
Mugsmashers unveil latest signing:

Spoiler:

Quote:

hipswinger +

Fozzie's mate

Times thanked
< 794
Everyone to Bayern, Chelsea, Madrid, PSG, City, adfservvbnhfdsvfreghjjytrv vgbhfvgf(that club in Russia)
ARSENAL FC
1st Div / EPL Winner - 13 Times
FA Cup Winner - 10 Times
League Cup Winner - 2 Times
Euro Cup Winner Cup Winner- 1 Time
EPL 4th Place Winner - 15 Times
EPLFinancial Cup Winner - 8 times
EPL Grounderkeeper Winner - 3 Times
Box to Box Possesion without scoring Winner - 8 times
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »