The DJ Booth

monitoring tips

Tools
Ghostman +

Times thanked
<
monitoring tips
Just looking for some monitoring tips..I struggle sometimes as I cannot get a comfortable position which means I cant keep an ear on the drift of the tunes (frustrating). I have had the headphones in every position I can think of , balancing on my shoulder wrapped around my head and I have even tried just holding them, near my ear with my hand....sometimes good sometimes not so and never with any consistency...I use seinhesier HD-25's..I am now thinking about trying the way bukem does it with the in- ear phones or bud phones..I would love to hear how you do it and what headphones you use
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Do you monitor cue? As in one ear listening to cans, one ear uncovered and listening to the monitor...or both ears in you cans?

I've always been a monitor cue-er, can't stand both ears covered and mixing entirely in your headphones as you can't hear what's actually happening on the system/monitors...but others seem to do it/like it.

I've had a play around just using my standard issue Sennheiser ear buds for a mix, it's good
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low

« Previous Thread Next Thread »