AIAIAI Headphones

Tools
trouble hifire +

wax addict

Times thanked
<
AIAIAI Headphones
Hey crew,

So after 7 years of solid reliability my Technics' RPDJ1210's are finally needing a replacement. Although I loved them and they have been great I'm looking to try something new and was hoping someone on here had used or are using the AIAIAI TMA-1's?

Honestly there isn't many current headphones out there that do it for me, I'm not a fan of HD-25's at all after trying them multiple times but I am looking for something a bit lighter this time around.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers
http://soundcloud.com/hifire

Catch me playing @

Gangarang @ Rumpus Room 8th of June
Junkyard Sessions @ Rumpus Room 16th of June
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,060 Times in 1,862 Posts
My husband and I both have the TMA-1's - he uses them for DJing, I use them for general music listening to...we both love them! I cannot speak highly enough of them. The foam bit in the headband bit came loose on my husbands & AIAIAI replaced them, no problem! They are always awesome to deal with.

Hope this helps!
Ya baloney
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Ligher than HD25s?!?! I don't think such a quality can exists...those things are pretty fucking light
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
trouble hifire +

wax addict

Times thanked
<
Ahh sorry kiwi, I meant lighter than the technics.

Cheers for the info ruthykins, how tough is the headband? Being non foldable I was a bit worried about them kicking around in the gig bag.
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,060 Times in 1,862 Posts
pretty pretttttty tough.
Ya baloney
m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,490 Times in 784 Posts
I use HD 25's but have used the TMA -1's while mixing at my mates place. I really like them and would probably get some if I needed new headphones. They feel durable and produce really punchy bass. I have only used them to mix with though and not extended listening sessions.
Check it ****s.
Soundcloud

LAZE
baax +

Times thanked
<
A mate of mine as some AI's, not sure what model but they sound great and are solid
SOUNDCLOUD

MIXCLOUD
bradj88 +

Times thanked
<
They did have a problem with the head band snapping really easily. I had a pair and two other friends had the same problem. The customer service was great though and I got a replacement set that have been going strong for about 12 months.
trouble hifire +

wax addict

Times thanked
<
Cheers guys, I ended up going with them. Just waiting on delivery, cheers for the info

Catch me playing @

trouble hifire +

wax addict

Times thanked
<
Just to report back after using these things for almost a week.

I absolutely love them, easily some of the best cans I've used, I'm cheering I ended up getting these over the HD-25's. The roll off on the high register makes a massive difference when it comes to longass mixing sessions. The only test now is gigging and getting thrown around in a bag when I've had too many drinks.

Cheers for the info guys.

Catch me playing @

Birdbrain +

Times thanked
<
are they comfortable on the ears? i found that my hd25s start hurting top of my ears after a while
trouble hifire +

wax addict

Times thanked
<
Yup, I would dare say more comfortable than my Technics (and they were damn comfortable). It's odd, they don't feel tight on your head but after conducting some seriously technical research (eg. headbanging like a motherfucker) they stayed rock solid on my head so I am mighty impressed

Your mention above about the 25's is one of the main reasons I don't like them. DNW a vice on my head for long 2+ hour sets.

Catch me playing @

anditz +

Times thanked
<
Hmm HD25s have never hurt my head - that's different for everyone I guess. I've played on tma's before and whilst I like them, I wouldn't pick them over HD's for DJing. The isolation alone is enough to go in the HD's direction imo. They HD's are proven to take a beating. TMA's still have a couple of years before they can gain that reputation (especially after the headband fault in the first gen).

Either are a great choice - but again I'd go the HD's time and time again for djing.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
The HD25's hurt my ear tops, too, when constantly wearing them for a long time...but that's when just sitting on a plane/train and listening...when DJ'ing they're off and on the head too frequently to become annoying.

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

trouble hifire +

wax addict

Times thanked
<
I may be in the minority but my headphones are almost always on my head when I'm playing. If they are not on my ears they tend to be clamped right behind them on either side.

Catch me playing @

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
I'm a constantly on/off kinda guy...on to pre-cue (only left ear covered in preference) and to start mix...once confident it's locked in, slip them onto neck...keep them off while talking shit/finding next track/waiting for right mix point etc.

Birdbrain +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

I'm a constantly on/off kinda guy...on to pre-cue (only left ear covered in preference) and to start mix...once confident it's locked in, slip them onto neck...keep them off while talking shit/finding next track/waiting for right mix point etc.

Same here. But when using them as "normal" headphones while walking etc they get really uncomfortable after about 30-45 mins. At first i thought it was because i wear glasses and it was pressing my ear into the frames but alas no dice. Must just not work well with the shape of our ears.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
I have a big head, too, so that probably doesn't help! haha

m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,490 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post

Same here. But when using them as "normal" headphones while walking etc they get really uncomfortable after about 30-45 mins. At first i thought it was because i wear glasses and it was pressing my ear into the frames but alas no dice. Must just not work well with the shape of our ears.

I've being doing a bit of travelling recently, I can handle them for about 2 hours or so, if wearing sunglasses they are almost instantly uncomfortable. I would love some nice big over ear headphones, can't justify buying another pair though.
Check it ****s.
Soundcloud

LAZE
mjr84 +

Times thanked
<
I've been using HD 25's for 10 years and I'm about to make the switch as well.. they look and sound rad

« Previous Thread Next Thread »