The DJ Booth

Pioneer DDJ-SR vs Kontrol S2

Tools
pfalzon +

Paulie Falzonie

Times thanked
<
Pioneer DDJ-SR vs Kontrol S2
On the quest to move to a fully digital world I have sold my mixer, CDJ,s and put my 1200 MKii's in the cupboard. Just looking for a fairly compact solution that I can use to mix a range of house music and with the ability to record.

The Pioneer DDJ-SR and Kontrol S2 look pretty good. Just looking for some feedback on these units or another suggestions to consider. This is strictly for mixing at home as a hobby and maybe the odd party. I have used Traktor before which was ok. My brother uses Serato and he seems to like it so I'm sure I will cope with either software.

I am used to using a Xone 92 mixer and am not a huge user of effects other than the filters. Don't really need more than 2 channels.

Thanks

Paul
DJ D one +

Times thanked
<
Kontrol S2 along with Traktor is good, although I have not try the DDJ-SR, I am sure if you are after the pioneer fell, it would be closer to it. The latency when playing with controllers is different than with CDs. I am never really tried Serato but it looks simple and sometimes that is not a bad thing, Traktor is awesome, but it would take the same time to learn as to learn how to fly a 747 (Ok I exaggerate but yeah!!!), I guess he really pays off to go down the shop and have feel for it, talk about the good and the bads with a salesman that is preferably a DJ, do not get me wrong S2 is lots of fun when you understand how it works, is just the learning curve can be a pain in the butt.

D1
www.weeknsoundz.com
SoulWhiteMan +

is on the national broadband network

Times thanked
<
Have a look at the numark 4trak. It is a standalone analogue mixer and controller in one, bit cheaper than the s4 as well.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »