Kontrol D2

Tools
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Times thanked
<
Kontrol D2
http://www.native-instruments.com/en...or-kontrol-d2/

More or less one third of a S8, but is going to be one of the first controllers that are ready for Native Instrument's STEMs file format. More on that here: http://www.djtechtools.com/2015/03/3...mat-for-djing/

Think I might finally sell off my CDJ-400s. The bonus of the size is that it appears to be as long as my Z2 mixer, so sorting out a road case shouldn't be too much of a hassle. It also has two USB ports on the back, so could even allow for daisy-chaining two X1's or two F1s off of it. Going to be about $700 here, but it looks like you could use the one controller to control two or more decks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby View Post

Needs more Prog imo.

My SoundCloud
DJ Carter +

Times thanked
<
Man that looks awesome. Totally digging what Native Instruments have been doing over the past few years. They're now so much more than a company that made a few good synth plugins.
DJ Carter +

Times thanked
<
How do you find the Z2? It looks awesome, is it that much better than the DJMs?
shr3dder +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onijin View Post

Think I might finally sell off my CDJ-400s. The bonus of the size is that it appears to be as long as my Z2 mixer, so sorting out a road case shouldn't be too much of a hassle. It also has two USB ports on the back, so could even allow for daisy-chaining two X1's or two F1s off of it. Going to be about $700 here, but it looks like you could use the one controller to control two or more decks.

Seems pretty expensive considering what else is on the market, I'm not a DJ that's ever gonna use the stem stuff, just not my bag. The X DJ1000 seems like a better investment as a midi/USB player, sure the D2 will probably work well for 2 decks, but so does the old X1, and that's a third of the price. A lotta extra cash for a screen and a USB hub, and if you got two that's a fair bit of cash worth of gear to be dragging to clubs (~$3k including a laptop)

The more new products NI release the more I consider dropping Traktor and moving over to Rekordbox or Serato...but I'm sure they'll sell a ton.

http://soundcloud.com/mmmbutch/

Last edited by shr3dder: 09-Apr-15 at 01:09pm

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Super saturating the market, eh?
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
DJ Carter +

Times thanked
<
You're not a fan of the NI steam train market approach?
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Never personally used any of them, but just seems like every few weeks there's some kind of new DJ controller/hardware coming up, which probably renders the previous obsolete and unsupported pretty fucking quickly. Too much of a good thing.
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
crowy +

odd user

Times thanked
<
Old stuff is always supported as far as I know. Its just the new one has more wow factor and more flashing lights.

Dumb but it works
meh..
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Carter View Post

How do you find the Z2? It looks awesome, is it that much better than the DJMs?

It goes alright, though the output tends to be a bit more muted in analog mode. Really comes alive in Traktor, for obvious reasons, and pretty much why I bought it in the first place.

Wouldn't mind a Z4, though. Suppose I could get away with some remapping of the Z2 to allow for decks C and D gains, highs, mids and lows to be adjusted using the A and B controls in conjunction with the shift button, but would prefer dedicated controls all the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby View Post

Needs more Prog imo.

My SoundCloud

« Previous Thread Next Thread »