The DJ Booth

DJ Pools for a New Melbourne Bounce, Big Room guy

Tools
That8BitMan +

Times thanked
<
DJ Pools for a New Melbourne Bounce, Big Room guy
Hey guys,

I’m looking at joining a pool because tracks are expensive. I play a lot of commercial tracks – mainly Melbourne Bounce and Big Room House as well as MB and BRH remixes of Pop- and I’ve been looking at a number of different pools:

* DJ City
* Promo Only
* DirectMusicService
* iDJPool

All of these seem to offer the music I need although I’ve really only been able to look at DMS to see what content they have and they look like they have a lot of what I like to play.
If anyone has had experience with the different pools then any input is welcome.

Thanks,
~8Bit
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
I...I...literally can't even make sense of what the fuck this post is about?

Melbourne Bounce...is that a "thing"? Sounds awful
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
That8BitMan +

Times thanked
<
Melbourne Bounce is a genre. Think Freaks by Timmy Trumpet or Gypsy by Scndl. I'm sure you know big room house (Animals - Martin Garrix, Tremor - Dimitri Vegas).

I was just looking for feedback from people who use those different pools to see if they're worth subscribing to.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Cool, yep, sounds awful alright

OK, so you're trying to scam free tracks because $2 tracks are "expensive"...fucking Gen-Y digital douchebags

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

shr3dder +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

Cool, yep, sounds awful alright

OK, so you're trying to scam free tracks because $2 tracks are "expensive"...fucking Gen-Y digital douchebags

To be fair record pools are legit still, you pay a monthly subscription and get access to big collections of legal tunes. Never saw much value in them myself but if you're playing 'that' sort of stuff you'll probably be ok.

http://soundcloud.com/mmmbutch/
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
S'all good, I know they're legit not illegally downloaded, but as for tunes being expensive...laughable...come back to us when you're paying $20-$25 for a 12" single which only had 1 track in it you were really going to play

That8BitMan +

Times thanked
<
They're expensive for a uni student who wants to buy their library to play in public when I could sign up to one for $x a month for unlimited tracks.

$400 vs $65 for one month then a lower tier after I've got what I need and it's just discovering new music.

I'm just trying to be smart with the money I have.
shr3dder +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by That8BitMan View Post

They're expensive for a uni student who wants to buy their library to play in public when I could sign up to one for $x a month for unlimited tracks.

$400 vs $65 for one month then a lower tier after I've got what I need and it's just discovering new music.

I'm just trying to be smart with the money I have.

If you ever buy $400 worth of a tunes in a month you probably need better QC.

Look around for a few decent compilations or packs on digital stores, the bulk of the tunes that a lotta the big record pools have are terrible, you're not going to stand out at all, plus a lot of the tunes on smaller labels won't be on the pools, meaning you miss a big point of difference. Plus I can guarantee if you get 300-400 tunes in one hit you'll never know your tracks that well and will end up with a bloated collection of shit you don't play and don't remember.

I was a uni student when I started (as most probably were) and like RK said, it's a helluva lot easier now, took me months to build a decent collection of tunes, but I knew each and everyone back to back. Sometimes shortcuts aren't the best idea.

http://soundcloud.com/mmmbutch/
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Amen! Can't believe how much I used to spend on tunes...you has to be soooooo selective compared to now days...and now, even though they're sop much cheaper, I think I'm even more selective as after a few years of digital buying, you end up with so much shit you just don't play...I'll hit Beatport with a list if genre, sorted by tracks (not releases) maxing it out to 200 per page and just go through them all one by one, ignoring the label, ignore the artists, just assessing the track on it's sound merits. Spend hours going through a few pages to buy like 8-10 tracks, but those tracks are all awesome and more often than not, by people I've never ever heard of that you'd never have found if you're just searching labels/artists/going off top 10/100 lists

matty j +

Times thanked
<
if you think buying digital tracks is expensive you shouldnt be djing full stop

« Previous Thread Next Thread »