qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,561 Times in 928 Posts
Rainbow Serpent 2017 [ * 20th Anniversary * ]

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonrob View Post

What are the chances of us talking about RSF 2017 on an ITM forum?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anja View Post

Better than average I'd reckon ....

This forum is looking like its on its death bed, but succumbing to popular demand , here's the obligatory RSF 2017 thread that will keep the love and life, alive.

Rainbow Serpent 2017 -- 20 Year Anniversary
27 - 30 January

^ lock in those dates.

IBQ ? pffftth.

RSF 4 LYF
these words fill this space

Last edited by qoop: 05-Feb-16 at 01:46pm

Reason: Adding "20 Year Annivesary" to the title

Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
<
Haha commendations for getting back to your A-game qoop!
wilsonrob +

I am not bored

Times thanked
<
Wilsonrob: 97% chance of attending.
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
<
I'll pop in for a couple .....
Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Times thanked
<
Much higher chance of being able to make it for this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby View Post

Needs more Prog imo.

My SoundCloud
Weinertron +

random shoutbox generator

Times thanked
<
20th anniversary?! Just try an fucking stop me! (my first one was the 10th anniversary)

I haven't been to RSF since 2011 for various financial reasons. I am NOT missing this one, even though I live in Brisbane now. Booking leave next week.

Mark my words, this will be a special fucking party
brenly +

Reasoner

Times thanked
<
Ohh yeah, was excited for Rainbow 2017 the moment I drove out the Rainbow 2016 gates.

Would love to see Koze back doing his thing again.
reasoning4.0.
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
<
So Rainbow are consistently pushing prog on the Market Stage, particularly the closing sets on Monday and at times on Sunday afternoon. In recent years they've pretty much booked all the big names and best players in the game, in no particular order - Henry Saiz, Pole Folder, James Zabiela, Guy J, Jamie Stevens, Sasha, 16 Bit Lolitas, John Digweed, Hernan Cattaneo.

The question is now, who will be brought out for those sets on Sunday and Monday for the 20th anniversary? Who is big enough and hasn't been brought out before?

Sunday afternoon has been bit of a different sound compared to Monday, bit more on the tech house side (although I note Sasha and Diggers played Sunday). I think these would play a good sound for Sunday - Patrice Bäumel, Kölsch, Dixon, Hunter/Game, John Talabot, Roman Flügel

For Monday I'll throw in the following names, some are more popular than others, but all would be perfectly suited for the closing set or second last set - Guy Mantzur, Cid Inc, Mike Griego, Frangellico, Marcelo Vasami, Fernando Ferreyra, Blusoul, Sahar Z, Brian Cid.

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

Last edited by Acperience 1: 13-Feb-16 at 11:23am

qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acperience 1 View Post

The question is now, who will be brought out for those sets on Sunday and Monday for the 20th anniversary? Who is big enough and hasn't been brought out before?

Before I put a list of artistes together, I would like to see Nicolas Jaar at RSF 2017, e.g. closing Market Stage on the Monday or play a 3 - 4 hour set on the Sunday afternoon.
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
<
Just had a thought, so before I forget - Moderat for RSF 2017. Main Stage early Saturday night? They are definitely '20th anniversary' quality, considering their back catalogue and lack of tour history here (playing together).

And as I've mentioned previously, Xhin's style and knowledge on techno/electronic music would be brilliant for Sunday night Market Stage.

Also quoting this from other thread

Quote:

Some quick music suggestions for 2017 -
• DJ SO – melodic, dreamy, almost progressive, good tech-house. The opposite of bland music. Seriously his sound is perfect for Rainbow and I would love for organisers to have a listen to a few of his sets and mixes on his soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/satoshiaoyagi I’m certain the general crowd would get right into this at the right time of day. Edit: Just realised he played RSF 2004! Crazy. He's definitely due back. Saw him in Japan twice last year and he is still at the top of the game.
• Dusty Kid
• Guy Mantzur
• Fernando Ferreyra
• John 00 Fleming
• Voices From The Lake (you got Dozzy but VFTL on Sunday Market would also be special)
• Eric Cloutier
• Marco Shuttle
• Craig McWhinney

Last edited by Acperience 1: 19-Feb-16 at 09:22pm

brenly +

Reasoner

Times thanked
<
Moderat would be fantastic at Rainbow. Imagine all those intricate details in their music coming through those speakers and reverberating around the surrounding hills and trees. They have a new album coming out too don't they?
reasoning4.0.
PSYz +

Times thanked
<
Uncertainly as to whether I should be even thinking about rainbow this early in the piece. Very much in the same boat as Acperience, who is there left amongst the prog names, and really any genre, that can make things special.

Who knows what next year will bring, throwing the obligatory CID inc out there and Nanoplex must be about due. Im probably being a little nostalgic but would love to see a few of the acts that hold a special place in my heart from rainbow to early party days. Perhaps Yahel, GMS, 1200 mics, Chicane...even more recently with Loud, Perfect Stranger, Earthling, Flow Job. Hoping Iboga will make another big appearance.
Adzy_86 +

mad.

Times thanked
<
Artists I would love to see for 20th year anniversary (something a bit eclectic/different/interesting here):

Stephan Bodzin (for some lush melodic atmospheric techno)
Hybrid (bring the breaks)
Moshic (for the prog)
Parasense (might be a tad too proper psychedelic for rainbow but my god his set at boom 2014 was fantastic)
Orestis (doubt this will happen, too hard/dark psy for Rainbow)
DJ Shadow (he plays more bass/trap music these days but would be awesome to see him work a classics trip hop set)
The Crystal Method (would be epic in opening main stage time slot)

That would cater nicely to my eclectic music tastes
http://www.last.fm/user/Adzy_86

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raja Ram

Love is the key philosophy. The love of great red wine from Bordeaux or Burgundy. The love of weird and wonderful sounds – high weirdness, weird highness, the cave man to the rave man, eternal celestial musicians hanging around whistling an old tune.

MitchhctiM +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Just had a thought, so before I forget - Moderat for RSF 2017. Main Stage early Saturday night? They are definitely '20th anniversary' quality, considering their back catalogue and lack of tour history here (playing together)

I'm can't say for sure but I think it was posted in a previous Rainbow thread that Moderat had already been scoped and it turned out they would need a custom stage built so it just wasn't feasible.. Going by their Facebook status a few weeks back, it looks like their first Australian tour has already been locked in anyway.

My RSF 2017 wishlist:

VFTL
Dozzy
Acronym
Rrose
DeepChord (live)
Mike Parker (live)
DJ Nobu
Aurora Halal
Evigt Morker
Marcel Fengler
Gunnar Haslam
Romans
Levon Vincent
Sebastian Mullaert & Ulf Eriksson
DJ Richard
Edward
Voiski
Dwig
Christian Loffler
Peter Van Hoesen
Zenker Brothers
Kettenkarussel
Steffi (live)
DJ Sprinkles
Atom™ & Tobias.
Tycho
Surgeon (ambient set)
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
^ this.
any time.

the thing is, he's come here the last few years, played in Adelaide for 1 night, and then left.
i've requested him before or his other guises, but i thought he could be too 'high brow' for RSF

I, too, would love to see more of an eclectic, diverse yet retrospective line-up for RSF's 20th Anniversary.
I need time to get this list together but a couple of names that come to mind are:

Rabbit In The Moon (to open the Main Stage? )
Juno Reactor *live*
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
<
Link for the Moderat Australia tour info you've come across? First I've heard of it?

Great list by the way MitchhctiM. I would welcome all of those names. Evigt Morker is certainly in the spotlight recently from his production quality. He would be ace on the Market Stage, can imagine how bliss his music would sound, deep music of substance to get lost in.

DJ Nobu could certainly craft something special in Rainbow's environment.

And agree on Atom™. I love this video and track. He (and Tobias for that matter) are such incredible producers - can not speak highly enough of them.

Media Player

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

Last edited by Acperience 1: 26-Feb-16 at 09:29pm

Onijin +

Pastor of Muppets

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adzy_86 View Post

Stephan Bodzin (for some lush melodic atmospheric techno)
Hybrid (bring the breaks)
DJ Shadow (he plays more bass/trap music these days but would be awesome to see him work a classics trip hop set)
The Crystal Method (would be epic in opening main stage time slot)

Not 100% sold on DJ Shadow fitting in, but the other three would be awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimby View Post

Needs more Prog imo.

My SoundCloud
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
<
Another DJ who's sound would be really great at Rainbow. Uplifting, progressive, trancey, melodic sounds.

Kaito (Hiroshi Watanabe)

Hiroshi Watanabe - Sublime Scenery (Original Mix)
Media Player

Kaito - We Are Living Here
Media Player

Kaito - Air Rider
Media Player

Quote:

MitchhctiM +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Link for the Moderat Australia tour info you've come across? First I've heard of it?

Great list by the way MitchhctiM. I would welcome all of those names. Evigt Morker is certainly in the spotlight recently from his production quality. He would be ace on the Market Stage, can imagine how bliss his music would sound, deep music of substance to get lost in.

DJ Nobu could certainly craft something special in Rainbow's environment.

And agree on Atom™. I love this video and track. He (and Tobias for that matter) are such incredible producers - can not speak highly enough of them.

TBH, I'd be happy with any of the Swedish guys making deep heady techno at the moment. All of them are killing it.

From the Facebook (Translated from German):

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderat

Hi guys,
Thank you for your feedback. We understand your frustrations. We would like to personally a few words to you.

First of all: the decision of the place to change a concert will be with us long and heated debate and is really not easy.

Of course we like small and good sounding halls. Only, what do I do if some concerts in 15 minutes are sold out? The whole is then to an elite event and people for example, with the launch of the ticket sales work off of a computer to don't have a chance to see us. Double shows are difficult because it is (Fortunately) there are so many places in which you want to hear us. We would also like to play for the people in Mexico City, Tokyo or Melbourne. We weren't there with the last tour not at all.

Couldn't agree more on the Kaito front too.

That Atom track is so good! I remember hearing it for the first time on Prins Thomas' Rainbow Disco Club mix cd and it just goes off.
JoeMayberry +

Times thanked
<
I think given that all the big 'prog' headliners have now played at Rainbow - there's a really opportunity for some of the melodic house guys to absolutely kill it on the market stage:

Dixon
Ame
John Talabot
Daniel Bortz
Bedouin
Jon Charnis
Frankey & Sandrino
Lake People
Rampue
Mira

Other acts that would work really well

Cid inc (has to happen eventually!)
Marcus Meinhardt
Ben klock
Gregor tresher
Bart skills
Steve Rachmad
Troy Pierce
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitchhctiM View Post

TBH, I'd be happy with any of the Swedish guys making deep heady techno at the moment. All of them are killing it.

Sweden techno reminds me. Anyone from the label Aniara Recordings out of Sweden would be ace at Rainbow. Particularly Dorisburg or Arkajo, or together they are Genius of Time.

Dorisburg - Tundra
Media Player

Genius of Time - Tuffa Trummor med Synt
Media Player

They are amazing artists. Saw Genius of Time in Sydney and they are masters behind the controls.

Quote:

MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
<
Boom Shankar was unbelievable over the weekend.

Having missed out on playing Maitreya, I'd love to see him over sunrise on the main stage at RSF next year.

https://soundcloud.com/boomshankar-bmssrecords
Aydo +

play from your fucking heart

Times thanked
<
Suntree + Ovnimoon would go down a treat.
Adzy_86 +

mad.

Times thanked
<
Yeah I really like boom shankar. Suntree and ovnimoon would be great too!
http://www.last.fm/user/Adzy_86

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raja Ram

Love is the key philosophy. The love of great red wine from Bordeaux or Burgundy. The love of weird and wonderful sounds – high weirdness, weird highness, the cave man to the rave man, eternal celestial musicians hanging around whistling an old tune.

fripper +

Times thanked
<
Boom shankar was awesome outdoors last weekend, would definitely deliver a good sunrise set.

Ovnimoon doesnt play overseas - he is scared of flying unfortunately.

Psy wishes: Mindfold, Sinerider, Deliriant, DJ Renegade
slattikarma +

Times thanked
<
Apparently Sugar is 80% in..... that's exciting. :p
Shaggetz +

Times thanked
<
Just making my annual post requesting Tipper... It'll work eventually.
dig72 +

Life's too short, be good

Times thanked
<
Tale Of Us would absolutely rock the place.

The only thing that comes to mind whenever I hear their sets, is how awesome they would play out in that sort of environment and on that kickass soundsystem.

We can do it.
DANCINGDI +

Times thanked
<
^^ You're back
Originally Posted by Blinky-Live-

BAHAHA, you sir - are a twit, have you ever met Di?

She celebrated the invention of the wheel by going clubbing
SoulWhiteMan +

is on the national broadband network

Times thanked
<
After hearing their essential mix, I would like to hear Blond:ish at RSF. Could go well as an opening act; their welcome to the present ep was excellent. Oh and klartraum.
Anja +

BMX & 303

Times thanked
<
I think GuyJ and Robert Babicz and Hardfloor are ready to all make their grand returns to RSF
cookieFp +

rockin'

Times thanked
<
sounds good to me
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
<
Same thoughts on the Guy J call. With how long it's been since he was last at RSF (few years now), the timing of his most recent Aus tour to when RSF rolls around again (will be around a year inbetween), and the momentous occasion that is the 20th anniversary, I think that Guy J is definitely warranted a return to close things out on Monday.
emptybloom +

Times thanked
<
I can't agree enough with the three posts above mine. Easily one of the greatest things that they could do for 20th anniversary would be to get him back. Get him in the 'Digweed' slot of this year, and give him 3+ hours to tear Market a new one. It's nearly universally agreed by all that he would be a stellar addition to 2017.

Pretty please Rainbow Folk, this would be amazeballs to the power of rainbows!
Chris-tofu +

Times thanked
<
In addition to Guy J and Babicz.....Ryan Davis and Juan Deminicis would also be most appreciated! That would be boss burgers mcgee bangers!
Mickstah +

"Science needs to be applied to beds"

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,819 Posts
Another vote for Guy J and Babz, they were both epic this year.
ಥ_ಥ - - - - - - - - - - - -ಠ_

"She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable."
Dean Learner
Trase Love:
O Mick you are so cool
More cooler than a dolphin
Let's hug me

Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
<
^^ Juan Deminicis has been on shit hot fire for a while now with some amazing productions and classy mixes - would love to see him tour here particularly for RSF
daveyjaye +

has got more flavour than a packet of macaroni

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,493 Times in 2,394 Posts
Lucas Rossi
Fernando Ferreyra
Dale Middleton
Marc Poppcke

Thanks x
Dave Juric Live Sets and Promo Mixes

Gigs

Dec 20th - Mahala & Stable - Alexkid - Railway
Dec 27th - Darkbeat & Stable - DJ T - Railway
Dec 28th - DARKBEAT - STANTON WARRIORS & A SKILLZ - Railway
Dec 31st - Mahala - PEPPERPOT - NYE - Railway
Jan 1st - CARL COX - SHED 9
Mickstah +

"Science needs to be applied to beds"

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,819 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyjaye View Post

Fernando Ferreyra

Thanks x

Yes! His latest mixes have been incredible.
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
<
Yeah Fernando is a star. One of the best in the game at the moment - an unbelievable selector who really has his flow and progression on point. His sound defines the genre progressive for me
emptybloom +

Times thanked
<
I will definitely jump on the Juan Deminicis bandwagon as well. I am actually quite suprised that we haven't seen him make his way down here yet...

Is Stas Drive a bit too fluffy a suggestion? He is another guy that is making waves, and his productions are very solid.
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
Tickets / Applications & Other Important Dates (2016)
  • 20 June -- Tickets On Sale To Subscribers
  • 28 June -- Tickets On Sale To Public
  • 28 June -- First Act Announcements
  • 01 July -- Great Rainbow Quiz Starts
  • 31 July -- Music Applications Close

* dates & times are subject to change.

Spoiler:

Applications are open now for the following areas:
  • Musicians – Close July 31
  • Workshops – Close Oct 20
  • Performers – Close Oct 20
  • Décor / Installations / Evolve Gallery – Close Sep 20
  • Market Stalls / Caterers – Close (when full)
  • VJs / Multimedia – Close Oct 20
  • Massage Therapists – Close Nov 30
  • Kids Space – Close Oct 20
  • Community Arts Grants – Close Nov 31
Justsaymaybe +

Times thanked
<
Anyone received their promo code yet? On the FAQ it says they were sent out with the June edition of the newsletter, I only received the May edition.
ladyinred +

See you Space Samurai...

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,169 Times in 1,449 Posts
I don't think the June newsletter has come out yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbomb203 View Post

Sausages make everything better astro. FACT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameszabiela

I have to disagree with regards to the sausages...

emertons_madskill +

Times thanked
<
newsletter came out in the last 20min
MongooseFiend +

Times thanked
<
Ticket purchased.

Oh, and some acts...

Spoiler:
Dick Trevor
Avalon

... And Dessert Dwellers are playing Earth Frequency so they may be a shout too?
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by MongooseFiend View Post

Ticket purchased.

I just saw your post now.
I totally forgot the tickets were out this morning.
Shows how much interest I had, as I edge into 'retirement'

Quote:

Originally Posted by MongooseFiend View Post

Oh, and some acts...

Nice sleuthing.
Someone worthy needed to take over this vacancy.
grunt85 +

Times thanked
<
Tickets purchased, excited already!
qoop +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
given the fact that it snowed near Ballarat earlier today, I'm wondering if the RSF site received snow today
emertons_madskill +

Times thanked
<
oh boo they pushed first acts announcement to July 5

« Previous Thread Next Thread »