The Universal Gear Sperging Thread of New Things

Tools
autumn acid +

pandering

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_pezman View Post

we know you love your tech splurging but how does all that drivvle translate into real world application? what good is bees dick sharpness if its out of focus? are there really that many street photogs out there that they require this? couldnt just about any half decent camera from the last couple years do the same job if not better?

This is what I do not understand either.

There is a lot of good equipment wasted on mediocre hands and likewise, there is a a lot of ordinary equipment producing some astonishing work.

This kind of thing implies that there are those that buy based on a respect for the technical parameters and those that buy based on their method of shooting.

Funny you should post a pic of the d800 as well. I was hell bent on buying one, but the more I play with my d700 the more I realize that this now "obsolete" piece of equipment continues to outperform me.
EAD
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
<
Thanked 7,099 Times in 2,856 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by NismoR31 View Post

sigma 35 1.4 pleeze

lol, i hope so too. i have no idea what sigma are presenting, they'll be pushing the dp1 merrill and dp2 merrill but not sure about dslr lenses. hasselblad will have some cool stuff though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

rancho +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

we know you love your tech splurging but how does all that drivvle translate into real world application? what good is bees dick sharpness if its out of focus? are there really that many street photogs out there that they require this?

why would it be out of focus? i don't think street photogs require anything other than a camera. but there's apparently a market willing to pay top dollar for something special.

Quote:

couldnt just about any half decent camera from the last couple years do the same job if not better?

couldn't a kia or hyundai do the same job if not better than a ferrari? couldn't a paper cone $50 set of speakers do the same job if not better than b&w loudspeakers?

it's like any product/market, there's good reasons some things are more expensive than others and if you can't be bothered researching and understanding why and are happier to just disregard it as overpriced wank then be my guest!

Quote:

funny you should mention tosspot aa, of all the interactions ive had with m owners irl and online, theyve all been exactly that! its like its an instant birth right to look down their nose on everything photography(er) related

there's a very good reason for that, and it's because aa filters sacrifice image quality. that's why medium format cameras don't have them, and it's why nikon, pentax et al are now offering models with the aa filter removed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autumn acid View Post

This is what I do not understand either.

There is a lot of good equipment wasted on mediocre hands and likewise, there is a a lot of ordinary equipment producing some astonishing work.

couldn't agree more, and it's not just the photo industry that has gear heads more interested in the equipment than the function. using loudspeakers again, i bet there's plenty of people with hi-fis worth tens of thousands of dollars that play audio samples designed for testing equipment and don't listen to any music. it's the equivalent of shooting brick walls with an M9.

Quote:

This kind of thing implies that there are those that buy based on a respect for the technical parameters and those that buy based on their method of shooting.

yep, just like old, rich guys who don't drive over 100 km/h buy ferraris. and other people take them to tracks.

Quote:

the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Funny you should post a pic of the d800 as well. I was hell bent on buying one, but the more I play with my d700 the more I realize that this now "obsolete" piece of equipment continues to outperform me.

thats the thing with higher end gear, id say youd be pretty hard pressed to reach your skill limits with it (unless its an m9 :p ) but you can endure and reach the limits of the physical device, which i have. just about to round out the 150k shutter life so it was perfect timing, still keeping it on as a second body tho
the d800 is rated at 200k so that should see me thru the next 4 years. hoping to have wifi, gps and built in radio trigger cls in the next one... what? i did say "hoping" :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

why would it be out of focus? i don't think street photogs require anything other than a camera. but there's apparently a market willing to pay top dollar for something special.

couldn't a kia or hyundai do the same job if not better than a ferrari? couldn't a paper cone $50 set of speakers do the same job if not better than b&w loudspeakers?

it's like any product/market, there's good reasons some things are more expensive than others and if you can't be bothered researching and understanding why and are happier to just disregard it as overpriced wank then be my guest!

there's a very good reason for that, and it's because aa filters sacrifice image quality. that's why medium format cameras don't have them, and it's why nikon, pentax et al are now offering models with the aa filter removed.

1. a) because youre moving and your subject is moving and you only have manual focus on a bees dick focal plane so the probability of missed focus could be rather high. im no street photog, but im guessing theres more to it than shooting buskers and ppl waiting at the lights/bus stop. either way, its a small side point. b) exactly, its kind of social documentary as it unfolds (or something) right?

2. well yea, if the job was to go to the shops for a slab and some winnie blues (which could actually relate to street photography) so why would you pay so much more for something which is more of a hindrance than practicality for what you want it for? even if its purely for vanity, thats a sizeable tax right?

3. see my last post, i HAVE researched and i HAVE watched the comparo videos but as i said none of them really said anything more than "its a leica thing, you wouldnt understand" which sounds like yuppy bullshit to me. its always why i have specifically asked in the same post what makes it better and how do they justify the exuberant price tag. i'll disregard it however i like but not completely unfathomed.
i'll beauty and the beast it as well and say be MY guest and please enlighten me. that simple fact that youve said its benefits need to be researched says it all, at least with the ferrari you can say its red and goes really fast.

4. ah IQ eh? so again, is that really something so noticeable and mandatory for street photography? lots of 100% crops blown up to a0? sounds like its made for pixel peeping and more than anything else, but im happy to be set straight with something tangible to justify its price tag.
>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase
KarlG +

Times thanked
<
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the viewfinder is a pretty big deal.

Since you're not looking through the lens, it's a completely different way of seeing the world - I find I see completely different shots with my M8 than I do with a DSLR. The framelines as well mean I tend to frame differently.

The CCD sensor with out an AA filter is nothing short of amazing. At low ISO, the files from my M8 destroy my 5DMkII, not just in sharpness, but the depth & colour rendering of the CCD sensor is lovely.

The focus issue isn't a big deal at all - it's a rangefinder camera, specifically designed for manual focus. It takes a while to get used to, but I can focus quick enough with my M8 that I don't tend to lose shots (whether street, portrait, whatever).
KarlG +

Times thanked
<
Of course, the criticism about low-ISO work is quite valid - the M8 is rubbish above ISO 640 (M9 supposed to be a stop improvement).

Use the best tool for the job though - for me, sometimes the 5DII is best, sometimes the Leica is best.

Either way, I certainly have a lot more fun when I'm shooting with the Leica - other measurebations, issues aside, THAT is what's important to me (unless a paid job, in which case I'll use the most appropriate tool for that specific job)
rancho +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

thats the thing with higher end gear, id say youd be pretty hard pressed to reach your skill limits with it (unless its an m9 :p ) but you can endure and reach the limits of the physical device, which i have. just about to round out the 150k shutter life so it was perfect timing

eh? you haven't reached shit, the camera won't suddenly stop working when it hits 150k actuations. and even if your shutter did crap out, they can easily be replaced for a few hundred bucks. the shutter might not crap out for another 150k actuations anyway.

Quote:

1. a) because youre moving and your subject is moving and you only have manual focus on a bees dick focal plane so the probability of missed focus could be rather high. im no street photog, but im guessing theres more to it than shooting buskers and ppl waiting at the lights/bus stop. either way, its a small side point. b) exactly, its kind of social documentary as it unfolds (or something) right?

2. well yea, if the job was to go to the shops for a slab and some winnie blues (which could actually relate to street photography) so why would you pay so much more for something which is more of a hindrance than practicality for what you want it for? even if its purely for vanity, thats a sizeable tax right?

you're into cars, so i'm sure you can appreciate that sometimes it's more enjoyable and even potentially more functional to do things yourself. would you take an automatic to a track day, or would you drive a manual and change gears yourself? is a manual gearbox a hindrance?

Quote:

3. see my last post, i HAVE researched and i HAVE watched the comparo videos but as i said none of them really said anything more than "its a leica thing, you wouldnt understand" which sounds like yuppy bullshit to me. its always why i have specifically asked in the same post what makes it better and how do they justify the exuberant price tag. i'll disregard it however i like but not completely unfathomed.
i'll beauty and the beast it as well and say be MY guest and please enlighten me. that simple fact that youve said its benefits need to be researched says it all, at least with the ferrari you can say its red and goes really fast.

4. ah IQ eh? so again, is that really something so noticeable and mandatory for street photography? lots of 100% crops blown up to a0? sounds like its made for pixel peeping and more than anything else, but im happy to be set straight with something tangible to justify its price tag.

i'm not really sure what we're arguing here, because we both agree that it's overpriced

i think karlg summed it up really well. i guess that's what personal experience does for you

Quote:

the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

Times thanked
<

Quote:

eh? you haven't reached shit, the camera won't suddenly stop working when it hits 150k actuations. and even if your shutter did crap out, they can easily be replaced for a few hundred bucks. the shutter might not crap out for another 150k actuations anyway.

really??? no way!! i completely didnt think of that at all!! no really!
yes its only an estimate and yes im well aware that theres still plenty of life left in it, its one of the main reasons why i went with a higher end workhorse model, and why im keeping it on as a second body. i dont actually have multiple bodies so it was always a little unnerving not having a back up and as its life goes on the likelihood of failure and "ohshitnotnowcomeonbabydontdothistome" muprhys law moments would increase. so it just made sense to get a new primary instead of a cheaper secondary
(the d600 mightve been an option but who knows how long its going to take them to have stock and the bugs ironed out, let alone the fact its been stripped back of features and will only be a couple 100 less than what i paid for the d800.)

Quote:

you're into cars, so i'm sure you can appreciate that sometimes it's more enjoyable and even potentially more functional to do things yourself. would you take an automatic to a track day, or would you drive a manual and change gears yourself? is a manual gearbox a hindrance?

i'm not really sure what we're arguing here, because we both agree that it's overpriced

i think karlg summed it up really well. i guess that's what personal experience does for you

dude, you know ive always shot full manual everything except for focus so i understand why someone might want to shoot that way, but why not have af with a mf switch? manual focus is one thing but as i said, isnt street photography about capturing stuff on the fly, unposed, natural setting etc.? (once again im guessing cos i dont shoot it). or another cost cutting exercise? amusing on such a lavish "uncompromising" brand and item.
in car terms it would be more like having 2 or 4 brake pedals to control your electronic brake distribution, sure youll have much better control over it but not really ideal when you need a quick response.

sorry karl, still not much help, im still not sure on what the "specific job" is that the M's are sposed to be used for. i jsut cant picture a time when i just have to have manual focus and super dupey IQ (which, looking over sample shots, are completely negligible compared to similar cameras).
>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase
rancho +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

dude, you know ive always shot full manual everything except for focus so i understand why someone might want to shoot that way, but why not have af with a mf switch?

Because manual focus lenses operate very differently to af lenses. Af lenses have shitty focus rings with a short throw and most of them don't have a hard stop (ie the rings rotate after min/infinity). Manual lenses have butter smooth focus rings, the zeiss 100 makro for example has an almost 360 degree rotation from min to infinity for very precise focus.

Quote:

manual focus is one thing but as i said, isnt street photography about capturing stuff on the fly, unposed, natural setting etc.? (once again im guessing cos i dont shoot it)

I'm not sure why you have it in your mind that manual focus is slow.

Quote:

KarlG +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

sorry karl, still not much help, im still not sure on what the "specific job" is that the M's are sposed to be used for. i jsut cant picture a time when i just have to have manual focus and super dupey IQ (which, looking over sample shots, are completely negligible compared to similar cameras).

No need to apologise - I wasn't trying to help, just trying to provide the viewpoint of someone who has used the camera.

It's not about "having to have manual focus" - personally, I would probably prefer autofocus, as I'm lazy.

For me, using my Leicas are about the viewfinder, which doesn't look like a tunnel and is amazing to shoot events with as they unfold and the frame lines & the ability to see outside the frame (especially when shooting with both eyes open - you can have it so that you are just looking with a set of framelines floating in your vision)

I see the world differently when I'm shooting with Leicas, I know that much. I capture different shots when I'm using the Leicas because of that different viewpoint. For me, I will always choose my Leicas (film or digital) over my Canon, unless in low light scenarios or where I absolutely need to have autofocus.
KarlG +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Because manual focus lenses operate very differently to af lenses. Af lenses have shitty focus rings with a short throw and most of them don't have a hard stop (ie the rings rotate after min/infinity). Manual lenses have butter smooth focus rings, the zeiss 100 makro for example has an almost 360 degree rotation from min to infinity for very precise focus.

To add to this, it's not so much the way manual focus lenses operate for me - it's the actual rangefinder patch.

If you've never used a rangefinder to focus, it won't be clear why it's such a big deal. For me, it took a while using my old film Leica to really get the hang of focusing with it.

The way a rangefinder patch assists with manual focus is a COMPLETELY different experience to trying to focus manually with a DSLR (which I find to be pretty painful, inaccurate and inconsistent - though that's probably my lack of experience talking there).
autumn acid +

pandering

Times thanked
<
Would you consider a xpro1 Karl?
EAD
KarlG +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Would you consider a xpro1 Karl?

The X-Pro1 looks really good from what little I've seen. Definitely keen to do a bit more research on that one though, but it looks like it has would have the potential to be a good replacement for my M8.
base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,589 Times in 1,167 Posts
Loving my X-Pro1. It definitely has its limitations but for what I'm using it for it's awesome. It's quiet and unobtrusive, especially with my Voigtlander 25mm on so I can shoot much easier than with my SLR.

There's no rangefinder so to manual focus it's not as good IMO but I generally zone focus for street anyway. If you do want to manual focus really accurately you can press the thumbwheel on the back and the EVF comes up zoomed 10x. You focus, half press the shutter and it goes back to the OVF for composing. It's pretty nifty although 10x can be a bit much. Looking forward to the new firmware on Wednesday. It's supposed to be awesome and also introduces the 3x magnification by pressing the thumbwheel instead of only 10x.

The high ISO performance is staggering. The top one is at ISO 6400, this is without any noise reduction and while it has noise I still think it's passable with very little detail lost. The bottom one is at ISO 800 and noise is practically non-existant, even when viewed at 100%

(excuse the average pics, that's my lack of ability rather than the gear)

These were taken with the Voigtlander, the Fuji 35mm is much sharper and auto focus while not being lightening fat is not as bad as people would have you believe. Again, that's supposed to be improved exponentially in the new firmware. I still prefer the Voigtlander for street though as the aperture tends to chatter with the Fuji like it's constantly opening and closing which is a bit annoying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

Last edited by base615: 15-Sep-12 at 05:06pm

the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

Times thanked
<
^first pic no show

Quote:

slower than autofocus, yes. needing faster focusing for dynamic environments, yes. at least having an option for af...who would say no to that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlG View Post

No need to apologise - I wasn't trying to help, just trying to provide the viewpoint of someone who has used the camera.

It's not about "having to have manual focus" - personally, I would probably prefer autofocus, as I'm lazy.

For me, using my Leicas are about the viewfinder, which doesn't look like a tunnel and is amazing to shoot events with as they unfold and the frame lines & the ability to see outside the frame (especially when shooting with both eyes open - you can have it so that you are just looking with a set of framelines floating in your vision)

I see the world differently when I'm shooting with Leicas, I know that much. I capture different shots when I'm using the Leicas because of that different viewpoint. For me, I will always choose my Leicas (film or digital) over my Canon, unless in low light scenarios or where I absolutely need to have autofocus.

ah now this makes more sense, thanks for clearing that up karl
>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase
rancho +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

^first pic no show

it was working the other day, was a few blokes in a barbershop. both really great pics!

Quote:

slower than autofocus, yes. needing faster focusing for dynamic environments, yes. at least having an option for af...who would say no to that?

if you're using AF for dynamic environments, are you using centre focus and re-composing? or are you framing the shot but manually selecting AF points? or are you using all available AF points and hoping it locks on to what you want? because you can MF with the composition you want already.

anywho, i'll be getting a lot more experience using MF lenses when i jet off to singapore/nam on wednesday, so i guess i'll see first hand if it's better/worse/neither

Quote:

NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 10,810 Times in 4,660 Posts
say hi to the 6D
http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/09/c...fficial-specs/

20MP full frame
SD cards only
mid size body (aka smaller than 5D3)
crippled AF

US$2099

base615 +

base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave

Times thanked
<

Quote:

^first pic no show

Sorry, decided I prefered colour to mono so replaced the photo on Flickr and it disappeared from here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVeR_SpIkE View Post

all i can say is fuck you ref you fuckhead

rancho +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by NismoR31 View Post

say hi to the 6D
http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/09/c...fficial-specs/

20MP full frame
SD cards only
mid size body (aka smaller than 5D3)
crippled AF

US$2099

so pretty much exactly what i wanted for my trip but too late. 5D2s will be worthless by the time i get back

Quote:

prjkt +

hmmm

Times thanked
<
very.bloody.tempting

if priced well....

Canon AU announcement: http://www.canon.com.au/About-Canon/...ull-Frame-DSLR

reason(s) I want one:
Fullframe, Contrast AF for video, SD (have heaps), it's Canon, so all my lenses/flashes work, better AF than what I already have, and should be significantly better IQ than my current cameras too (600D/450D), basic weather proofing, all but one of my lenses are FF compatible

Drawbacks - no built in flash (ie for Wireless E-TTL) but I'll probably end up getting that Speedlite 90EX for the EOS M for this purpose, no articulating screen, my Tokina 11-16 2.8 won't be any good on it

Quote:

Originally Posted by puretrance89 View Post

My muzza's are more tanked up than your muzzas!

NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
dpreview http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09...0MP-full-frame
Hemerage +

Giddy'up!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,398 Times in 600 Posts
Colour one smokes the B&W, base.
I generally find B&W pretty homo though...
the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

Times thanked
<
colour def. looks good and that grain is def. not an issue

Quote:

it was working the other day, was a few blokes in a barbershop. both really great pics!

if you're using AF for dynamic environments, are you using centre focus and re-composing? or are you framing the shot but manually selecting AF points? or are you using all available AF points and hoping it locks on to what you want? because you can MF with the composition you want already.

anywho, i'll be getting a lot more experience using MF lenses when i jet off to singapore/nam on wednesday, so i guess i'll see first hand if it's better/worse/neither

fvck off! brag post imo!

so want more hols ):

6d - is def. going head to head with the d600... just read the review, yep, bang on for alot of features. def. a win with the wifi and gps but the crapo af sounds like they pulled it out of the original 5d. not sure about no on board flash either but im guessing its targeting the "second body for socials" market.
thing is, canon will have stock out on release date while poor nikonians will prolly have to wait months and will see d500 or some shit released before they get theirs lol
>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
samyang made a 24mm 3.5 tiltshift
http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/09/s...ift-announced/

price to be announced in a couple of days at photokina
rancho +

Times thanked
<
sigma will be releasing a 35/1.4

fuck you photokina, why can't you be earlier.

Quote:

autumn acid +

pandering

Times thanked
<
Leica release the new m and m-e.

The M in particular has my attention, but still a little rich at $5,450 for what is now really old tech. It appears Leica may be just a tad spooked by other offerings on the market.
EAD
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
this sounds interedasting:
The new Sigma Optimization Pro software and USB Dock are designed exclusively for these new product lines and will enable Sigma users to connect their lenses to their computers to update lens firmware and fine-tune focus parameters via easy-to-use, on-screen controls

sounds like a good way for them to get around canon's lack of cooperation with providing calibration data. Anyone who gets a "bad" copy can calibrate it for their camera on their own

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09...00-F2-8-OS-HSM
rancho +

Times thanked
<
awesome news re software/usb dock. i really like the look of the new sigmas too, kind of a mix between the 70s/80s sigma lens fonts but with the new plastic compounds. the curves and angles on them look great too, particularly that new 120-300.

just bought the bloody zeiss 35/2.0 too. will be interesting to see how the sigma compares.

Quote:

base615 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Leica release the new m and m-e.

The M in particular has my attention, but still a little rich at $5,450 for what is now really old tech. It appears Leica may be just a tad spooked by other offerings on the market.

It's the M-E that is $5,450. I believe the M is actually heading towards the 10 large mark
rancho +

Times thanked
<
nah the m was only $1500 more than the m-e. will be interesting to see how hasselblad price theirs.

Quote:

NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
any word on pricing for the 35 rancho? i was gonna get a canon 40mm but would rather it go towards the 35
rancho +

Times thanked
<
no idea dude. would probably guess similar to the 85/1.4. so yeah, not much! i fly out to singapore tomorrow and don't get back till end of october. hopefully availability/pricing is available by then. i'll have email overseas so will shoot you any info i get.

Quote:

autumn acid +

pandering

Times thanked
<
Played with the new d600 today. For the way I use a camera, probably not my bag. The autofocus area is quite small, so lot's of focus/recomposing. Additionally, it does not feel dramatically lighter than the d700. Performance wise, I have no idea how it performs - it was just a quick hands on. If the output is absolutely awesome, I'll reconsider.

Additionally, I picked up a M9-P. It's a tremendously well built product and focus is very easy to obtain with a nice feel to the 50mm lens that was attached to it. The only problem is that it is too expensive for technology that will become obsolete in half a decade. This is where Leica have it wrong - the appeal of the film cameras was that the output was as restricted as the film you were shooting on, therefore, the high price for something that will outlive you is more than justified. With modern advances in technology, does anyone really think they'll be shooting with a new age m in 20 years time? Once again, if I had the money I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
EAD
rancho +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

The only problem is that it is too expensive for technology that will become obsolete in half a decade. This is where Leica have it wrong - the appeal of the film cameras was that the output was as restricted as the film you were shooting on, therefore, the high price for something that will outlive you is more than justified. With modern advances in technology, does anyone really think they'll be shooting with a new age m in 20 years time? Once again, if I had the money I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

yep, that's partly why i think it's overpriced. with a film M, you pretty much only get 1 purchase from the customer because the body will last them a life time. the digitals should be priced so you can affordably upgrade every few years. so is it $7500 for one purchase per life time, or is it $3000 or something every 5 years?

but i guess they know their customers and revenues much better than us!

Quote:

prjkt +

hmmm

Times thanked
<

Quote:

The autofocus area is quite small, so lot's of focus/recomposing.

I was worried about that, so it looks like they've basically slapped in the D7000s AF sensor (as good as it is) without compensating for the different sensor surface areas

Quote:

autumn acid +

pandering

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by prjkt View Post

I was worried about that, so it looks like they've basically slapped in the D7000s AF sensor (as good as it is) without compensating for the different sensor surface areas

Yes, absolutely. This is how they save money. A lot of people use centre point anyway, So don't be discouraged entirely. I have heard its not technically possible to cover large areas for full frame anyway, even my d700 is kind of small but the d600's at array looks tiny.
autumn acid +

pandering

Times thanked
<

Quote:

yep, that's partly why i think it's overpriced. with a film M, you pretty much only get 1 purchase from the customer because the body will last them a life time. the digitals should be priced so you can affordably upgrade every few years. so is it $7500 for one purchase per life time, or is it $3000 or something every 5 years?

but i guess they know their customers and revenues much better than us!

Yah, people with money, hahaha. I'll buy one one day. I love them but it's an expensive toy, not a workhorse.
autumn acid +

pandering

Times thanked
<
Bought the Nikkor 105mm macro today. Eagerly await going home to use it!
EAD
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Yah, people with money, hahaha.

Quote:

Bought the Nikkor 105mm macro today.

autumn acid +

pandering

Times thanked
<
Haha, man if only a leica cost as much as a nikkor.
EAD
prjkt +

hmmm

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Yes, absolutely. This is how they save money. A lot of people use centre point anyway, So don't be discouraged entirely. I have heard its not technically possible to cover large areas for full frame anyway, even my d700 is kind of small but the d600's at array looks tiny.

yeah i normally only use the centre point, but it kinda takes away the advantage of a 39point system?

anyone, played with one at work today, up against a 7000, it's a little bigger, but feels really nice. If I was a Nikon shooter I'd be really tempted. AF coverage didn't seem to worry me too much there

Nikon really outdid themselves having it on shelves, ready to sell, less than a week after the announcement

Quote:

NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
they've probably had it in production since the D800 was announced
autumn acid +

pandering

Times thanked
<
d600 gets an impressive dxo mark. http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cam...Sensor-Ratings
EAD
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
Canon are bringing back the pro studio body: 3D X
http://fstoppers.com/46-1-mp-canon-e...fore-photoplus

rumoured specs:
46.1 MP
5 frame per second
Dual DIGIC 5+
ISO: 50 – 12800
16 bit
AF: Same as 1DX
USB 3
CF+SD

Hemerage +

Giddy'up!

Times thanked
<
sexeh!
prjkt +

hmmm

Times thanked
<
So I got my hands on both a 6D and an Eos M last night for a little play... sorely tempted by both

Quote:

NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
B&H accidentaly the 3D on their site
http://fstoppers.com/54257/canon-3d-outed-by-bh/

edit: it's a hoax

Last edited by NismoR31: 03-Oct-12 at 12:38pm

Hemerage +

Giddy'up!

Times thanked
<
Sweet rig!

Do funky shit like;

Media Player
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
<
matrix jetski
the_pezman +

itsnotjustfunkitsafusion

Times thanked
<
awesome!

and i gotta say ive really been diggin flumes stuff, def. put to good use here. tru thoughts so need to sign him asap!

ps. "take a phota kvnt!"
>picture|life
>pictr|flickr
>fan my fase

« Previous Thread Next Thread »